PDA

View Full Version : Being Setup For Failure ... ?

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Every season we see the hot new draft pick ... most have fairly mundane rookie seasons. Some flash while others completely fall apart.

However with David Wilson, are we setting this kid up for failure in our minds? While he was our first round pick, he was the 32nd pick overall and a one dimensional player (albeit with promise) to boot.

The unproven second string guy is always the fan favorite because he brings the hope and promise of the next super star to grace our presence but might we be expecting too much out of him this early?

From my perspective, I'm thinking that he will show us little more then he's shown us to this point come Monday night and that is an occasional flash book ended by a bunch of non-noteworthy runs. And that's not a knock on the kid ... just a nod to the fact that he is a rookie playing at the highest level there is.

TheAnalyst
11-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Considering Reese said he had him ranked ahead of Martin, he better be good, otherwise Reese finally got outsmarted early in the draft.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Considering Reese said he had him ranked ahead of Martin, he better be good, otherwise Reese finally got outsmarted early in the draft.

I'm not sure I'm buying that from Reese. His explanation made sense, but the Bucs didn't jump us for no reason, especially given our pick and their personnel (Mike Sullivan).

JimC
11-30-2012, 09:44 AM

I truly believe the GIANTS wanted Martin. Why?
1. He is more NFL ready than Wilson
2. He carries the ball high and tight like TC loves it.
3. Wilson is having a difficult time learning the system. The Giants usually draft heady players.

I believe the Bucs taking Martin forced JR to jump at a second rounder in Wilson for fear of not getting a quality running back later in the draft.

GiantAl27
11-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Hes not had a proper chance. Coughlin was too harsh on him (for that one fumble) and I think he will break out now like Ahmad did all those years ago. I actually now feel confident on kick returns (beats blackmon anyday of the week!).

Cant wait to see him win a game with 15-20 touches.

TheAnalyst
11-30-2012, 09:47 AM
3. Wilson is having a difficult time learning the system. The Giants usually draft heady players.

I believe the Bucs taking Martin forced JR to jump at a second rounder in Wilson for fear of not getting a quality running back later in the draft.

Well, thats not a good way to draft if thats the case. We should of just continued the treand of BPA in the first. I bet Reese see's that now. I personally thought Reese panicked for the first time Ive seen when the Bucs took Martin. Instead of drafting for talent, he drafted for need.

giantscolombia
11-30-2012, 09:49 AM

I agree with you completely dude! completely agree!

i think Doug Martin is the better back but there is no way to really tell... Martin had to be inserted into their system from the get go, Wilson has shown flashes but there is no way we can compare them both, one because Martin is getting triple the touches that Wilson is getting, two Martin is bigger(stockier) so they are different backs even physically...

hadenough
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM

1. JPP wasn't considered NFL ready by any means
2. Give me one RB that we've had in the past 10 years that hasn't had fumbling issues
3. Mario Manningham

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Look at all of the first round guys Reese has drafted and then look at how many of them started their rookie season. Then look at how they have worked out so far. All of his first round picks have been good. Relax and give him more than one rookie season to see how he does.

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Remember that LB that everyone wanted from Alabama? He is now about to be released. Anyone remember who the Giants drafted that year? Believe in Reese.

sideline sneek
11-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Consider the fact that he's young and inexperienced, The Coughlin grinding-stone is turning and the process of sharpening and honing has begun. Is his skin an old Nickelson file (at about 65 on the RC Scale) or is he T-6 aluminum?

giantsfan420
11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
i disagree krunch. for one, JR loves the physically/athletically elite (wilson fits that mold, martin does not). JPP wasnt "ready" by any means really, hes just so athletically and physically gifted.
i think every gm including JR realized martin would make a bigger impact much quicker than wilson. that doesnt mean JR didnt have wilson ranked ahead. for all the amazing things martins done this season, i actually didnt think he was a 1rst rounder (how wrong that sounds now) bc his biggest claim to fame wasnt a physical attribute, but that he was nfl ready.
wilson has the superior quickness, speed, athleticism. once his mind catches up to his body, and he receives the proper coaching and matures, wilson is going to be a better back than martin imho. bc martin has had success so early, imo people are unfairly expecting wilson to do the same...completely different situations and circumstances...but i dunno, its hard to say bc of what martins already done, but i STILL think Id rather have wilson for the long haul over martin...wilson has the potential to literally become the best back in the league, martin has the potential to become one of the best, there is a difference

stormblue
11-30-2012, 10:30 AM
i don't get all the hype.
he is replacing Brown , not Bradshaw.
so he'll get ..what ?.....7 or 8 touches to give Bradshaw a breather.
unless we are blowing them out in the 4th qtr
and he gets a lot of garbage carries running the clock out on mop up duty.
everybody is acting like he's starting or something.
TC will stick with Bradshaw even more than he did when Brown was #2.
TC seems totally under-whelmed with this kid and isn't gonna use him anymore
than what is necessary.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 10:38 AM
i disagree krunch. for one, JR loves the physically/athletically elite (wilson fits that mold, martin does not). JPP wasnt "ready" by any means really, hes just so athletically and physically gifted.

I think you're confusing me with other posters ... I didn't make the "NFL ready" comment although I happen to agree with it. This is a "win now" league.

i think every gm including JR realized martin would make a bigger impact much quicker than wilson. that doesnt mean JR didnt have wilson ranked ahead. for all the amazing things martins done this season, i actually didnt think he was a 1rst rounder (how wrong that sounds now) bc his biggest claim to fame wasnt a physical attribute, but that he was nfl ready.
wilson has the superior quickness, speed, athleticism. once his mind catches up to his body, and he receives the proper coaching and matures, wilson is going to be a better back than martin imho. bc martin has had success so early, imo people are unfairly expecting wilson to do the same...completely different situations and circumstances...but i dunno, its hard to say bc of what martins already done, but i STILL think Id rather have wilson for the long haul over martin...wilson has the potential to literally become the best back in the league, martin has the potential to become one of the best, there is a difference

I agree with what you say and I wouldn't argue the point ... it's just my gut feeling that Martin, not Wilson was going to be the Giants first pick had he been available. I don't have anything to substantiate that though.

And to my point, I'm expecting very little out of Wilson against the Skins ... something like 12 carries for 40 yards and 1 reception. And that's ok (especially if we win). Wilson is the future, not the present as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting note about Martin: His one knock was his level of competition at Boise State which he's seemed to have overcome very quickly. Now the question will be durability as the Bucs lean more and more on him. I was actually a Martin fan over Wilson, but Wilson does have more upside.

RoanokeFan
11-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Every season we see the hot new draft pick ... most have fairly mundane rookie seasons. Some flash while others completely fall apart. However with David Wilson, are we setting this kid up for failure in our minds? While he was our first round pick, he was the 32nd pick overall and a one dimensional player (albeit with promise) to boot. The unproven second string guy is always the fan favorite because he brings the hope and promise of the next super star to grace our presence but might we be expecting too much out of him this early? From my perspective, I'm thinking that he will show us little more then he's shown us to this point come Monday night and that is an occasional flash book ended by a bunch of non-noteworthy runs. And that's not a knock on the kid ... just a nod to the fact that he is a rookie playing at the highest level there is. There is always a concern to put a player out there before he is ready and he fails, he can start to doubt himself and then back slide.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
There is always a concern to put a player out there before he is ready and he fails, he can start to doubt himself and then back slide.

I would argue that that player is doomed to fail ... period. And I do think that Wilson has that potential as he's not the most mature rookie I've ever seen.

However, my concern is less for the player than it is for the fan base. A mediocre or bad performance at this stage only tells us one thing about Wilson ... that he's a rookie. Of course you will hear the moans and cries anyway.

TroyArcher
11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
I doubt he will get more than 5-6 carries, that is unless of course he breaks off some very long runs on his first few carries or AB gets hurt.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I doubt he will get more than 5-6 carries, that is unless of course he breaks off some very long runs on his first few carries or AB gets hurt.

You think Torrain is going to get more carries or just that AB will be used that much?

I'm expecting Wilson to get 10-15 carries short of fumbling early (or perhaps in a really tight game).

RoanokeFan
I would argue that that player is doomed to fail ... period. And I do think that Wilson has that potential as he's not the most mature rookie I've ever seen. However, my concern is less for the player than it is for the fan base. A mediocre or bad performance at this stage only tells us one thing about Wilson ... that he's a rookie. Of course you will hear the moans and cries anyway. If you're going to be more concerned about the fan base you had better buy a lot of TUMS :)

Ruttiger711
Remember that LB that everyone wanted from Alabama? He is now about to be released. Anyone remember who the Giants drafted that year? Believe in Reese.

That doesnt mean he didnt want him or wouldnt have taken him if he was available. He probably knew he wouldnt fall to us.

MTH716
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Every season we see the hot new draft pick ... most have fairly mundane rookie seasons. Some flash while others completely fall apart.

However with David Wilson, are we setting this kid up for failure in our minds? While he was our first round pick, he was the 32nd pick overall and a one dimensional player (albeit with promise) to boot.

The unproven second string guy is always the fan favorite because he brings the hope and promise of the next super star to grace our presence but might we be expecting too much out of him this early?

From my perspective, I'm thinking that he will show us little more then he's shown us to this point come Monday night and that is an occasional flash book ended by a bunch of non-noteworthy runs. And that's not a knock on the kid ... just a nod to the fact that he is a rookie playing at the highest level there is.

It's unfortunate that he hasn't been able to get in the backfield more often. But I'm thinking that has to do more with his struggles with blocking. Andre Brown probably deserves some credit as well. Wilson has shown a glimpse here and there and has done a nice job returning kicks. I don't think he can be a failure in anyones minds (at least not yet), because at 32 he was most likely taken as the best available player for a position that there really wasn't a gapping hole at and he has contributed at another spot..

Now Prince on the other hand.....................................

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 11:20 AM
That doesnt mean he didnt want him or wouldnt have taken him if he was available. He probably knew he wouldnt fall to us.Says who?

Drez
11-30-2012, 11:34 AM
If anything, the coaching staff is doing the opposite (unless you're talking about being a failure in the fans' minds). It seems to me that the coaching staff wants to be sure that Wilson can handle (and be confident in so doing) everything before they put him out there. I think he needed this time to pick up the nuances of the pro game, as he didn't play in a pro system in college.

As far as the fans, most are impatient or dumb.

Ruttiger711
11-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Says who?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but many mock drafts had the Giants (or teams with earlier spots) taking McClain.

It's very possible Reese wanted to take him if possible... but no one really knows. Anyone saying that Reese and the Giants were deadset as JPP being their pick no matter what happened are just making assumptions after the fact.

Someone mentioned that JPP was at the draft only because the Giants said they would take him, pure assumption - again , quite a few drafts had JPP as possibliites for teams.

I claim to know nothing about what player Reese had ranked higher BEFORE THE DRAFT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Its easy to say JPP was your first choice after the fact, but anyone that says that they know for certain that Reese had JPP #1 on their board is full of crap. Nobody but Reese knows.

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure what you are asking, but many mock drafts had the Giants (or teams with earlier spots) taking McClain. It's very possible Reese wanted to take him if possible... but no one really knows. Anyone saying that Reese and the Giants were deadset as JPP being their pick no matter what happened are just making assumptions after the fact. Someone mentioned that JPP was at the draft only because the Giants said they would take him, pure assumption - again , quite a few drafts had JPP as possibliites for teams. I claim to know nothing about what player Reese had ranked higher BEFORE THE DRAFT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Its easy to say JPP was your first choice after the fact, but anyone that says that they know for certain that Reese had JPP #1 on their board is full of crap. Nobody but Reese knows.Don't remember many mocks having the Giants take him. Seeing as how the Giants don't trade up much why would many mocks have them taking him? There was something about how two teams had JPP ranked higher than any other team. One of those teams was the Giants. Why would we assume the Giants wanted a player just because he was drafted before their pick? Look at the guys Reese has picked in the first round. They have all worked out very well. Lets not assume its just luck and that maybe he knows what he is doing.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:02 PM
If you're going to be more concerned about the fan base you had better buy a lot of TUMS :)

Way ahead of you.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Don't remember many mocks having the Giants take him. Seeing as how the Giants don't trade up much why would many mocks have them taking him? There was something about how two teams had JPP ranked higher than any other team. One of those teams was the Giants. Why would we assume the Giants wanted a player just because he was drafted before their pick? Look at the guys Reese has picked in the first round. They have all worked out very well. Lets not assume its just luck and that maybe he knows what he is doing.

To Ruttiger's point, no one but the principles know what was truly on the Giants' draft boards.

As for mocks, most had McClain as a lock for the Giants and he was projected to fall to them. If he didn't, many had Mike Iupati as their first round pick.

JPP got linked to the Giants when he did his 14 back flips at the Combine as it was known the Giants took chances on raw athletic freaks. The arguments against picking JPP (by analysts) was that the Giants already had Tuck, Osi, Kiwi and Tolefson so there was no need there. Most were either disappointed with the JPP pick or cautiously optimistic ... no one realistically thought that he would develop as fast and as far as he has.

Reese (and every front office) will ALWAYS say that the guy they picked was the highest rated guy on their board. What else would they say?

The only time I've seen Reese equivocate was when he picked Wilson in this draft and when asked about Cordy Glenn, said that he had them rated virtually the same (the subtext being that he had Glenn rated slightly higher) and he went with the greater value compared to what was down further in the draft (i.e. he felt that the RBs fell off more dramatically then the OL).

Just to set the record straight.

BuffyBlueII
11-30-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking, but many mock drafts had the Giants (or teams with earlier spots) taking McClain. It's very possible Reese wanted to take him if possible... but no one really knows. Anyone saying that Reese and the Giants were deadset as JPP being their pick no matter what happened are just making assumptions after the fact. Someone mentioned that JPP was at the draft only because the Giants said they would take him, pure assumption - again , quite a few drafts had JPP as possibliites for teams. I claim to know nothing about what player Reese had ranked higher BEFORE THE DRAFT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Its easy to say JPP was your first choice after the fact, but anyone that says that they know for certain that Reese had JPP #1 on their board is full of crap. Nobody but Reese knows.From what I understand, JR had Rolondo McLane and CJ Spiller as his first 2 choices and JPP close behind. There was some co.cern about JPP because although his freakish athleicism was apparent, his inexperience was hard to overlook bg some. I am happy Raiders took McLane and uffalo took Spiller but we wouldn't have been hurting if we wound up witb Spiller, the guy is a beast.

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 12:19 PM
I think that JR had every intention of getting either Martin or Wilson with the 32nd pick. He wasn't going to trade up to get either, and he didn't. If Wilson had been picked, he would have taken Martin and would have said that Martin was the guy that he wanted all along.

I would rather have had Martin anyway, and that's not just hindsight speaking. I certainly haven't given up on a rookie RB, but Martin's style of play is more to my liking anyway.

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 12:19 PM
You are basing this off of mocks which are for the most part wrong. The OL was not a lock for them and most mocks always say the Giants are going LB because that's what the fans keep saying and they don't. Based on recent draft history JPP made a lot more sense than a LB that was for the most part projected to go way before the Giants picked that year.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:21 PM
You are basing this off of mocks which are for the most part wrong. The OL was not a lock for them and most mocks always say the Giants are going LB because that's what the fans keep saying and they don't. Based on recent draft history JPP made a lot more sense than a LB that was for the most part projected to go way before the Giants picked that year.

I'm not even sure what you're debating at this point.

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 12:22 PM
To Ruttiger's point, no one but the principles know what was truly on the Giants' draft boards.

As for mocks, most had McClain as a lock for the Giants and he was projected to fall to them. If he didn't, many had Mike Iupati as their first round pick.

JPP got linked to the Giants when he did his 14 back flips at the Combine as it was known the Giants took chances on raw athletic freaks. The arguments against picking JPP (by analysts) was that the Giants already had Tuck, Osi, Kiwi and Tolefson so there was no need there. Most were either disappointed with the JPP pick or cautiously optimistic ... no one realistically thought that he would develop as fast and as far as he has.

Reese (and every front office) will ALWAYS say that the guy they picked was the highest rated guy on their board. What else would they say?

The only time I've seen Reese equivocate was when he picked Wilson in this draft and when asked about Cordy Glenn, said that he had them rated virtually the same (the subtext being that he had Glenn rated slightly higher) and he went with the greater value compared to what was down further in the draft (i.e. he felt that the RBs fell off more dramatically then the OL).

Just to set the record straight.
Oh man, I really wanted Cordy Glenn, too. Even more than an RB, but then again I can't complain with JR using his high draft picks on the more "valuable" positions -- i.e. WR, DE, CB. It's worked for us.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:22 PM
I think that JR had every intention of getting either Martin or Wilson with the 32nd pick. He wasn't going to trade up to get either, and he didn't. If Wilson had been picked, he would have taken Martin and would have said that Martin was the guy that he wanted all along.

I would rather have had Martin anyway, and that's not just hindsight speaking. I certainly haven't given up on a rookie RB, but Martin's style of play is more to my liking anyway.

Basically how I saw it as well.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh man, I really wanted Cordy Glenn, too. Even more than an RB, but then again I can't complain with JR using his high draft picks on the more "valuable" positions -- i.e. WR, DE, CB. It's worked for us.

I would have preferred Glenn over Martin or Wilson personally as well.

I'm still amazed that he fell to the second round.

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm not even sure what you're debating at this point.You are using mock drafts as the reason why Reese may have wanted the LB more. Mocks are not very accurate and they always say the Giants are going to go LB. When was the last time they went LB in the 1st round? Based on his recent first round draft history I have every reason to believe what Reese says and trust that he wanted Wilson.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:32 PM
You are using mock drafts as the reason why Reese may have wanted the LB more. Mocks are not very accurate and they always say the Giants are going to go LB. When was the last time they went LB in the 1st round? Based on his recent first round draft history I have every reason to believe what Reese says and trust that he wanted Wilson.

I am not doing anything other than pointing out what the general consensus was (derived from analysts who make a living at handicapping what we're talking about).

And as Reese has never drafted a RB in the first three rounds, I'm not sure what draft history you're referring to.

GameTime
11-30-2012, 12:36 PM
set up fpr failure??
nah.....if that was the case he would have been out there already way more than he has been...

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 12:38 PM
set up fpr failure??
nah.....if that was the case he would have been out there already way more than he has been...

From an expectations standpoint rather than an actuality.

If David Wilson has the same exact career as Ahmad Bradshaw, would you consider it a success or failure?

CLR
11-30-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm out here in Idaho, and got the oportunity to watch just about every game Martin played at Boise. I was jacked on draft day and just knew the Giants were going to pick him. When the Bucks traded up and stole him I was really bummed.
I was "ok" with Wilson, but really felt like the Giants missed on a special player.
Martin is the real deal, he has the total package. If he had played at one of the big named schools he would have been drafted top 5.

The Giants missed a good one.

GameTime
11-30-2012, 12:43 PM
From an expectations standpoint rather than an actuality.

If David Wilson has the same exact career as Ahmad Bradshaw, would you consider it a success or failure?

I see......you know if a player has good to very good success with the team I tend to forget when he was a drafted in a way. If Wilson adds tot he Giants O what Bradshaw has I think I woudl be satisfied....

Ruttiger711
11-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I see......you know if a player has good to very good success with the team I tend to forget when he was a drafted in a way. If Wilson adds tot he Giants O what Bradshaw has I think I woudl be satisfied....

I defionitely would be too - however you will definitley have the opposite reaction from at least someone saying that means we only got 7th round talent out of our first round pick.

BlueReign
11-30-2012, 01:00 PM
I defionitely would be too - however you will definitley have the opposite reaction from at least someone saying that means we only got 7th round talent out of our first round pick.
On the flip side, we could say we got a 1st round talent with a 7th round pick when we got Bradshaw. All perspective.

Ruttiger711
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
On the flip side, we could say we got a 1st round talent with a 7th round pick when we got Bradshaw. All perspective.

I'm all for this perspective.

GameTime
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
when a player is drafted if he contributes to the team in a big way for four years or so then I cant complain and I dont care where he was drafted....

Ruttiger711
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
when a player is drafted if he contributes to the team in a big way for four years or so then I cant complain and I dont care where he was drafted....

Yeah it really only comes in to play when someones an unexpected success or tremendous letdown. Impossible to tell from what Wilson has done either way.

I trust Reese though.

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I am not doing anything other than pointing out what the general consensus was (derived from analysts who make a living at handicapping what we're talking about).And as Reese has never drafted a RB in the first three rounds, I'm not sure what draft history you're referring to.Most mocks like to have them picking a LB every year and it never happens. So the general consensus is usually wrong. Some mocks did have them taking JPP and that angered fans. That's because fans don't know what they are talking about and Reese does. As far as his draft history, his first round picks at any position have been very good was my point.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 03:01 PM

Hmmm how do you rate Aaron Ross then?

GameTime
11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Hmmm how do you rate Aaron Ross then?
off the team.....lol
he did ok at times but was inconsistent. Dont think he had 4 solid years at CB for the Giants. He was a first rounder I believe but hey....they dont all work out do they....

TheEnigma
11-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Martin reminded me a lot of Tiki when I watched some of his games at Boise with his build and ability to contribute in the passing game. Lots of people said that Martin already hit his ceiling coming out of college and that he wouldn't get any better. Considering he leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage, that's not a bad thing lol.

Wilson needs to add just a little bit more weight in muscle because his frame would allow for it and to also get more snaps before we can even include him in conversations with Doug Martin now. One player has to wait for injuries to get significant snaps while the other is contributing on almost every offensive play.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 03:15 PM
off the team.....lol
he did ok at times but was inconsistent. Dont think he had 4 solid years at CB for the Giants. He was a first rounder I believe but hey....they dont all work out do they....

And if Aaron Ross were a 6th round pick I would have said he did pretty well for us.

There is definitely an expectation based upon where you were drafted (especially 1st round picks). At least for the average fan.

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Ross may have struggled at times, but he was very good in the post season.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Ross may have struggled at times, but he was very good in the post season.

You just described CWeb, not Ross.

*EDIT* - Sorry misread this ... yeah Ross wad good in the post season. He went from great (in 2008) to miserable (2011) in the regular season though.

TheEnigma
11-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Ever since Prince, I've forgotten all about Ross. He had his moments where he looked like a 1st rounder but it wasn't often enough.

GameTime
11-30-2012, 04:01 PM
And if Aaron Ross were a 6th round pick I would have said he did pretty well for us.

There is definitely an expectation based upon where you were drafted (especially 1st round picks). At least for the average fan.
My opnion on draft position and performance goes along with how I feel about NFL players in general. I feel, with the excpetion of a few very gifted athletes, that what separates the greats from the just good players is heart, desire, and work ethic. So IMO not much talent dif between a 1st rounder and a 6th. Just that 1st rounder works harder and wants it more....or should.

Broadway Blue
11-30-2012, 04:57 PM
With Doug Martin lighting it up I really want to see what Wilson can do

alentown pa
11-30-2012, 08:04 PM

I wish I didnt agree, but you make a lot of sense. I've been high on this kid, and very impatient, you make a good point about him being picked 32nd..thats basically the 2nd round. I'm just going to give him time, he has two more years to learn all the blitz pickups and get his stuff together before I would consider him a true dissapointment...I was high on him after seeing a preseason game against Chicago... only time will tell I guess

alentown pa
11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
You just described CWeb, not Ross.

*EDIT* - Sorry misread this ... yeah Ross wad good in the post season. He went from great (in 2008) to miserable (2011) in the regular season though.

I wouldnt say Ross was great in 08, Webster was though imo, Is that who you mean? anyway,Ross filled in nice last year and we won 2 superbowls with him starting at corner, so I can't *****. Who I do miss, and wish would have stayed healthy, was Thomas, nothing flashy or standout like a Webster, Prince at times this year, or even Ross, but Thomas was a very good corner imo.