PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the Redskins????

BParcells777
11-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Honestly, they clocked us 2 times last year with Rex Grossman

This game is no gimmee........especially with our best RB out for the year.

Was nice to see Kev watches my posts and threw a few screens last week

If the front 7 attacks like they did last week this may be a cakewalk, but I'm calling for a close game

primetime
11-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Didn't we already beat the Redskins?
So to answer your question, yes we can beat them.

BigBlue wins
11-30-2012, 11:06 AM
34-31 Giants!

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Are the skins 11-0 or 5-6? Of course they can be beaten.

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Of course you can, and odds are in your favor. The Skins have just become a little more relevant. For the life of me, I still can't understand how the Skins swept the G-Men last year, especially with Grossman under center.

Drez
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Didn't we already beat the Redskins?
So to answer your question, yes we can beat them.
Yeah, this about sums it up.

Not to mention that prior to last season they hadn't beaten us since Dec. '07.

BParcells777
11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm not so confident.....I am cautiously optomistic

If Osi has a few cups of coffee before the game again we might slice and dice them though

BlueReign
11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Giants are going to blow them out this week. Book it.

TheAnalyst
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Of course you can, and odds are in your favor. The Skins have just become a little more relevant. For the life of me, I still can't understand how the Skins swept the G-Men last year, especially with Grossman under center.

We play up and down to our opponents. You can see that this season as well.

TheShouldersOf
11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Best Running Back?

Moke
11-30-2012, 12:20 PM

If the front 7 attacks like they did last week this may be a cakewalk, but I'm calling for a close game

Why can't we?

bill2000
11-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Don't think that because the GMen were able to beat GB they'll have an easy time with the Redskins. GB has a non-existent run game so the defense was able to key on Rodgers. The Redskins are far less one dimensional. I think we can find a way to win but it'll be a much harder game than we had with GB

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 03:24 PM
No we can't ....hail to the mighty RG3 and the Redskins they have our number we also lost the last game....smh. Give me a break everyone should know by now that the Giants can beat anyone.

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
You've got a really good team there and if they beat the Giants on Monday, the rest of the NFL (and the Giants) are going to need to look out if the skins make the playoffs. I hope that your team is not really finding its stride right now.

BParcells777
11-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Don't think that because the GMen were able to beat GB they'll have an easy time with the Redskins. GB has a non-existent run game so the defense was able to key on Rodgers. The Redskins are far less one dimensional. I think we can find a way to win but it'll be a much harder game than we had with GB

No one thinks the Redskins are a layup

GameTime
11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
No we can't ....hail to the mighty RG3 and the Redskins they have our number we also lost the last game....smh. Give me a break everyone should know by now that the Giants can beat anyone.
and lose to anyone too......calm dwon there brother. Cincinnati......remember

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 05:49 PM
and lose to anyone too......calm dwon there brother. Cincinnati......rememberNever said we couldn't but this has to be the dumbest question every asked " Can we beat whom ever."

GameTime
11-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Never said we couldn't but this has to be the dumbest question every asked " Can we beat whom ever."
you do realize who the OP is right?.......

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
you do realize who the OP is right?.......He does realize that we already beat them this year right?? Just because he's right doesn't mean it's a stupid question. If the Giants play their game....they can beat anyone including the Redskins didn't we sweep them 4 of the last 5 years???

GameTime
11-30-2012, 05:58 PM
He does realize that we already beat them this year right?? Just because he's right doesn't mean it's a stupid question. If the Giants play their game....they can beat anyone including the Redskins didn't we sweep them 4 of the last 5 years???
most of the OPs threads are off the wall to a degree....
As far as the Skins......they shoudl beat them. It will be a great game to for the Giants to put all three phases together and win a solid well played game. Also being a div game that has implications all the more reason they need to play a solid games....

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
most of the OPs threads are off the wall to a degree....
As far as the Skins......they shoudl beat them. It will be a great game to for the Giants to put all three phases together and win a solid well played game. Also being a div game that has implications all the more reason they need to play a solid games....fair enough.....and I agree

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 06:53 PM
IMO, this game is going to be epic, and it is going to be a sign of Giants vs. Skins matchups for years to come. RGIII is going to give this game everything he's got. That may not be enough to win, but I can guarantee the performance will be impressive. He has quietly grabbed the reigns of this team as a rookie, and he is demanding accountability and responsibility. The odds are against the Skins making it to the playoffs this year, and not many Redskins fans I know were even expecting playoffs this year. But this young man will squeeze everything he can out of this team this year, and its going to be interesting.

BParcells777
11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Fair enoughAustin but if the Giants do what they did to Rodgers it will get ugly

toward the end I felt sorry for Rodgers, he was getting abused

Diamondring
11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Giants are going to blow them out this week. Book it.Yes they can long as they play GWAT Football.

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Fair enoughAustin but if the Giants do what they did to Rodgers it will get ugly

Blowouts happen. But I will be pretty surprised if this game is a blowout for either team.

tomt
11-30-2012, 07:42 PM

I heard Sal Palantonio on espn radio tell mike lupica he gives 'skins 8.5 out of 10 likelihood rg3 and 'skins win. it should be noted he follows the other team that shares metlife stadium.

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 07:48 PM
I heard Sal Palantonio on espn radio tell mike lupica he gives 'skins 8.5 out of 10 likelihood rg3 and 'skins win. it should be noted he follows the other team that shares metlife stadium.Good just the way we like it. I hope everyone doubts us.

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Good just the way we like it. I hope everyone doubts us.

That's Sal talking. Most other sports pundits are picking the Giants in a close-fought battle. I don't think everyone doubts the Giants will win.

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 08:27 PM
That's Sal talking. Most other sports pundits are picking the Giants in a close-fought battle. I don't think everyone doubts the Giants will win.I don't know about that....Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Donovan Mcnabb,Marcellus Wiley, Skip Bayless just to name a few who are picking the Redskins.

TroyArcher
11-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Best Running Back?

?

TroyArcher
11-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Beat them this year already
They are 5-6 ,Giants are 7-4
Giants coming off there second best performance of the year a whipping of the red hot Packers
Redskins D stinks
Redskins o-line is very weak
RGIII will make some plays but he may not finish the game
Giants 27 - 13

giantsfan420
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
i talk with my buddy whose a big skins fan and i've maintained u guys are a few yrs away (if snyder and co. dont **** it up) from being legit perennial contenders.
you guys have improved alot already, you guys are actually competitive now. Which, ironically, will hurt you when you play us bc we play to the level of our competition on gamedays we arent just firing out on all cylinders.

rg3 has been very impressive, but i believe that they run too much of a collegiate style offense (a lot of their offense is legit what he ran at baylor) too much of the time to be able to use that scheme consistently. this will be the first time a team plays rg3 for the 2nd time in a season, and i believe that if you guys continue to run that pistol spread option read offense, that we will prove to be way too much for u guys and win handily. however, if u guys add some wrinkles, like u did vs us in the first meeting, the game will be much closer.
i still feel that our team is way too much for u guys right now. washingtons on a nice little run and feeling confident, but so are the world champs off a 38-10 *** wooping. if we go score early, i believe we'll drop 30 plus. and that will be enough.

But like i said, its great to see washington be more competitive and their future is much brighter than phillys and dallas, and id bet every skins fan woulda taken that on draft day. still a few pieces from being on our level and thats my honest opinion. but that doesnt mean rg3 cant put together a performance that carries the team to a win...it just wont happen monday night. iirc, u guys havent had many national games yet either, itll be a big stage and it wont be a ****ty cowboys team this time

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Beat them this year already
They are 5-6 ,Giants are 7-4
Giants coming off there second best performance of the year a whipping of the red hot Packers
Redskins D stinks
Redskins o-line is very weak
RGIII will make some plays but he may not finish the game
Giants 27 - 13

^
I Like this.

Go Giants, Beat the Skins Twice this Year !

NorwoodBlue
12-01-2012, 10:03 AM
This is a big game even thought the Skins have a losing record. It's obviously important for this years division championship; but I think it really has importance for the next ten years. This game sets the tone for the RGIII vs. Giants matchup for a long time. The Giants D or RG III? That's the question. If RG III comes out and owns this Defense, then I think he's set up to be the new Philadelphia, and he'll win the majority of these matchups for the next decade. If the defense comes out and gives RG III a real welcome to the NFL type of outing, with lots of hits, and frustrating him in the passing game, they'll probably get in his head a bit, and make his future success against the Giants minimal. This kid needs to go home with lots of aches and pains, no more than a touchdown or two passing, a couple of INT and very little rushing yardage.

I think Osi and Kiwi in particuar need to bring it to this guy. They're the fastest pass rushers we've got, and much to my surprise Osi is playing the best DE on the team right now. If they bring it like they did against Rogers, the D should be fine. Teams have found ways to slow JPP down, and it looks like he might also be playing a little bit hurt, so I'm hoping Osi can bring down RG III at least twice, and maybe get a fumble out of him too.

DaKraken
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
We did beat the Redskins. Enough said.

GameTime
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM

oh stop....you felt sorry for Rodgers....
Come on Jakk.....

GameTime
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
there is absolutely no reason the Giants should lose this game. Not saying the win hands down but the Giants have the advantage all over the field and at most postions...

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
there is absolutely no reason the Giants should lose this game. Not saying the win hands down but the Giants have the advantage all over the field and at most postions...

I agree completely. If you match up personnel the Giants should have this in the bag. I just have a sneaking sense that turnovers, penalties and intangibles are going to weigh in heavily in this game.

GameTime
12-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I agree completely. If you match up personnel the Giants should have this in the bag. I just have a sneaking sense that turnovers, penalties and intangibles are going to weigh in heavily in this game.

true....all those things have and effect on the out come of games. But some are like the "Giants have to play a near perfect game to beat RG and the Skins"...
I get the kid is good but come on......he is not "elite" yet and Skins have issues at other postions as well....

Flip Empty
12-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Doesn't mean squat with the Giants - or with divisional match-ups in general.

Winnable games scare me more than loseable ones.

BParcells777
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Vinny DiTranni is picking the Skins.........hate to say it but he has about a 90% plus reading on Giants games.......

He was wrong about the second Dallas game however.

GameTime
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Vinny DiTranni is picking the Skins.........hate to say it but he has about a 90% plus reading on Giants games.......

He was wrong about the second Dallas game however.
so.....means nothing. A pick is an educated guess..
what were his reasons???
Vinnie is also a negative nellie to about the Giants.....

BParcells777
12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
he nails our upsets on a regular basis when we do get upset........thats why

I love seeing him eat crow but he does not eat it often

GameTime
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
he nails our upsets on a regular basis when we do get upset........thats why

I love seeing him eat crow but he does not eat it often

yeah.....I hear you but IMO he is more negagtive about the Giants then not usually....

BParcells777
12-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah he has hated on us since we sent Parcells packing

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 12:12 PM
true....all those things have and effect on the out come of games. But some are like the "Giants have to play a near perfect game to beat RG and the Skins"...
I get the kid is good but come on......he is not "elite" yet and Skins have issues at other postions as well....

Notice I didn't mention RGIII. Turnovers and penalties need to be eliminated for the Skins to have a chance in this game. They have only allowed four INTs, and lost four fumbles the entire year. Half of those turnovers (3 Fumbles, 1 INT) occurred against the Giants.

BParcells777
12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Austin. I think you guys have a 1-10 chance to win this game.......hate to break it to you. But you do have a "punchers" chance

GameTime
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Notice I didn't mention RGIII. Turnovers and penalties need to be eliminated for the Skins to have a chance in this game. They have only allowed four INTs, and lost four fumbles the entire year. Half of those turnovers (3 Fumbles, 1 INT) occurred against the Giants.

yeah some media outlets are saying the 'Giants vs RG3'.....gonna take more then just him.....:)

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Austin. I think you guys have a 1-10 chance to win this game.......hate to break it to you. But you do have a "punchers" chance

Based on our last meeting I think a 1-10 chance is a stretch. I'm calling it about a 40% chance of winning.

GameTime
12-01-2012, 12:34 PM
so if you thought the Skins only have a 10% chance of winning why did you start the thread Jakk???

Flip Empty
12-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Skins should give RGIII 2 the start. Bad quarterbacks are one of the Giants' weaknesses.

How bizarre is it that the Skins have two quarterbacks with the same initials?

Robert Griffin III and Rex Grossman III

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Skins should give RGIII 2 the start. Bad quarterbacks are one of the Giants' weaknesses.

How bizarre is it that the Skins have two quarterbacks with the same initials?

Robert Griffin III and Rex Grossman III

Ha, here's the difference:

Robert Griffin III = "RGIII"
Rex Grossman = "RG 3-and-Out" or "RG the Turd"

BParcells777
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
so if you thought the Skins only have a 10% chance of winning why did you start the thread Jakk???

to get your opinion of whether YOU think we will beat them.....there is something to be said for intuition and the collective consciousness

if you have ever sat at a baccarrat table and continually bet against the majority of other players, 99% of the time you will lose your bankroll over time

I'm pretty confident we will trounce them but the DiTranni thing spooked me a bit

GMan-67
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
no we cant beat them, do yourself a favor and dont watch it ... no need to get all stressed out

GameTime
12-01-2012, 01:41 PM
to get your opinion of whether YOU think we will beat them.....there is something to be said for intuition and the collective consciousness

if you have ever sat at a baccarrat table and continually bet against the majority of other players, 99% of the time you will lose your bankroll over time

I'm pretty confident we will trounce them but the DiTranni thing spooked me a bit
oh....that clears it up...

rebelfan1966
12-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I would be lieing if I said Im not concerned over this game... but I think we can do it.

ashleymarie
12-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I would be lieing if I said Im not concerned over this game... but I think we can do it.

^

Parademon
12-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Just like in the GB game, we have to jump out to an early 10+ pt lead & force the Skins to abandon the run & throw more. If we can get them 1 dimensional & rely on RG3 , we can pin our ears back & just punch him in the mouth all game. Key will also be for us to establish a run game so we can control the clock & limit the amount of offensive plays for RG3 & keep our D rested. A bunch of 3 & outs by our O does not bode well for our D if they are winded by halftime.

joemorrisforprez
12-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Dude, everyone watches your posts.

I wouldn't be suprised if Shanahan and his staff are breaking your posts down as we speak.

BillTheGreek
12-02-2012, 02:44 AM
I don't know what came over me ! It Looked so good, I wanted to see it again, again, again and again on Monday night !

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8QFnzPCP8KNVTc_8P6ofLOGTidhq_b 2vNCrXyeG1z4Du-IE76qghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8QFnzPCP8KNVTc_8P6ofLOGTidhq_b 2vNCrXyeG1z4Du-IE76qghttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8QFnzPCP8KNVTc_8P6ofLOGTidhq_b 2vNCrXyeG1z4Du-IE76qg

BurnerNYG
12-02-2012, 03:07 AM
I like RG3, he's fun to watch but he plays for the wrong team. Now as far as can we beat the Skins? We already did... I know they're gonna be fired up but we should be fired up too! I try not to be over confident because it always backfires but I'm expecting an extremely determined Giants team to take the field on Monday. If Eli gets off to a fast start then we'll be fine. His last few games against Washington hasn't been his best so we should know what type of game we're in store for by the 2nd quarter. I know as long as the game is close we have a chance but we'll know if we're gonna slaughter em or if it's gonna be an old fashioned dog fight midway through.