PDA

View Full Version : Torain

bbdynasty
11-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Seems legit. Did a quick background check and it looks as though his injuries have really held him back, but he's got good size and talent. Could be a good signing, we might have at least 3 capable backs now, and can change up the pace

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 09:31 PM
I like him a lot..... dude is going to be good when we get close to the goal-line. He will fill AB2's role perfect.

bbdynasty
11-30-2012, 09:32 PM
yea seems like a power runner for sure with some good moves to boot

Flip Empty
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
It remains to be seen if he can recapture his 2010 form, or anything approaching it. He really fell off a cliff last season.
The Skins had a lot of patience for him but that eventually ran out.

giantsfan420
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
he runs too upright, its whats led to his injuries imo.
iirc, his injuriies were all upper body, so thats a plus if u consider those acl/mcl's big deals.

im excited to see him, think he could contribute. but i believe wilson is the better rb and needs more carries. i would hate if torrain jumped wilson already

bbdynasty
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm not saying by any means that torain should spell bradshaw, I just like the signing as far as good depth goes, and maybe for 3rd and short or goal line

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Very hard running. A little injury and fumble-prone.

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Very hard running. A little injury and fumble-prone.
Any idea why the 'skins didn't keep him as a back up? Just curious.

Flip Empty
11-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Any idea why the 'skins didn't keep him as a back up? Just curious.
3.4 ypc. There was a game last season where he had more carries than rushing yards. He was not good.

The Skins had better backs on their roster so Torain sunk to the bottom of the depth chart, and eventually to free agency.

Kerrigan91
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Most of us fans liked him while in DC, but he did have quite a few nagging injuries. His running style is unique but it works. I'd say the biggest thing is he is inconsistent. He'll have one game where he looks amazing, and the next he can't seem to find the hole.

As a 2nd or 3rd back, I wouldn't complain about him at all. Had a good nickname while with the skins too "All Torain Vehicle".

BlueReign
11-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Using him for som insight into WASH

bbdynasty
11-30-2012, 11:17 PM
as our third back, it looks pretty good. when AB2 comes back, maybe we keep him as our 4th back? nah we'll probably still keep Scott

giantsfan420
11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Most of us fans liked him while in DC, but he did have quite a few nagging injuries. His running style is unique but it works. I'd say the biggest thing is he is inconsistent. He'll have one game where he looks amazing, and the next he can't seem to find the hole.

As a 2nd or 3rd back, I wouldn't complain about him at all. Had a good nickname while with the skins too "All Torain Vehicle".
ironically its the unique running style that leads to his injuries imho. he has spurts where he's really impressive, but he runs too upright for the nfl. jacobs prob outweighs torrain by 50 lbs and he couldnt withstand the punishment from running too upright. he could end up being a quality power/goal line back tho

Flip Empty
12-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Using him for som insight into WASH
2011 Rex Grossman Washington? Bit late.

bbdynasty
12-01-2012, 01:46 AM
he might know some of the plays, but I think the playbook has drastically changed with the addition of rgIII and even Garcon. They havent had a young fast vertical threat like him in a while

GMENAGAIN
12-01-2012, 08:15 AM
he might know some of the plays, but I think the playbook has drastically changed with the addition of rgIII and even Garcon. They havent had a young fast vertical threat like him in a while

+1

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Torain started out looking pretty impressive behind Hightower. When Hightower went down, he had a couple decent outings, but Roy Helu and Evan Royster proved to be much more productive. Torain will do okay as a sub.

JesseJames
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I think running backs who are inconsistent play behind inconsistent offensive lines....

DandyDon
12-01-2012, 12:03 PM
I think running backs who are inconsistent play behind inconsistent offensive lines....

+1

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 12:18 PM

The Skins had a horrible offensive line last year. Yet Hightower, Helu and Royster managed to grind out 100 yard games. Torain couldn't do it. But he played last year with nagging injuries that prevented him from being effective last year. His best season was 2010.

egyptian420
12-01-2012, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhJyosSLUi0

sorry for the quality, the best highlight reel I could find....I do remember him actually playing with the skins against us, he was a beast before his injuries, I think he could've remained a starting back in the NFL if it wasn't for those injuries

He kind of reminds me of a thinner Jacobs the way he pounds the ball and keeps moving the pile, very useful at the goal line

GameTime
12-01-2012, 03:22 PM
he could suck or not......

GiantRoc
12-01-2012, 04:13 PM
he could suck or not......

HAHAHA Guess that sums it up to this point. Who knows what he will bring. Looks like he lowers to impact. I guess it's the ones he doesn't see coming that must get him hurt.

NorwoodBlue
12-02-2012, 12:09 PM
He seems to have very good vision, often coming through the line untouched. Hope he can provide some goal line punch too. I love how he lowers the shoulder and drives through a tackler. It'll be interesting to see how this works out. One of the announcers recently said about Stevie Brown, "the Giants just keep finding these guys." You never know.

Captain Chaos
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Lets give the lad a chance, we get anything out of him it will be a bonus!