PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw To Shoulder Rushing Load

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 06:33 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1211187 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/bradshaw-shoulder-rushing-load-giants-article-1.1211187)

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw knows it is not his burden alone to make up for the loss of versatile Andre Brown in the Giants’ running game, but a broad smile came over his face when asked Friday if he believes he could handle as many as 30 carries Monday night in Washington.

“Of course,” Bradshaw said. “I’m not going to put all the pressure on me, but I want to help this team as much as I can. When I get an opportunity, that’s what it’s going to be.”

Bradshaw did not practice Friday – he doesn’t often because of a foot injury that has bothered him since last season – but he will be prepared to shoulder more of the offensive burden against the Redskins. He has averaged just 13.8 carries over the past five games since totaling 316 yards on 57 carries in October wins over Cleveland and San Francisco.

“I’m getting better every week, and I feel great about it. We’ll just see how it happens during the game,” Bradshaw said. “Being a divisional game and going back pretty much to home – I’m from Virginia and a lot of my family is from that area – it’s going to be a very exciting game for me. I’m getting a lot healthier now and I’m getting more and more excited for the game.”

After Brandon Jacobs was not re-signed during the offseason, Brown emerged as a valuable weapon and a story of perseverance -- averaging 5.3 yards per rush (73-for-385) and scoring 8 touchdowns this season -- before suffering a broken leg last week against Green Bay. He was spotted on crutches on the practice field Friday.

“It was tough. We can tell Andre really wants it, he wants it more than anybody on this team,” Bradshaw said. “He wanted to be a part of this. (He was having) a great year. It’s a tough loss and everything, and stuff happens. But bad luck did happen to Andre.”

Of course, one player’s misfortune creates an opportunity for others in Tom Coughlin’s “next man up” world. The Giants signed free agent running backs Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torain for depth this week, and as Bradshaw noted, “the young boy is still here.” That would be first-round pick David Wilson (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/David+Wilson), who has excelled on kickoffs but has totaled just 102 rushing yards on 24 carries in his rookie season." Read more...

Toadofsteel
12-01-2012, 08:50 AM
What do you think the percentage of carries split would be?

Flip Empty
12-01-2012, 08:57 AM
It'll depend on how the game pans out but assuming it's competitive from the off, I'm going to guess 22 carries for Bradshaw, 8 for Wilson and 5 for Torain.

dezzzR
12-01-2012, 09:23 AM
toold yaaa:p

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 09:36 AM
What do you think the percentage of carries split would be? I think it will depend on Wilson's performance. If he doesn't make any serious mistakes, 10 - 15 snaps. That assumes Bradshaw plays the whole game.

NorwoodBlue
12-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Has anyone heard how Wilson has done in practice this week? He should have got a lot of reps, and hopefully given the coaches some more confidence in him.

GameTime
12-01-2012, 11:40 AM
toold yaaa:p

what did you thnk would happen.....

of course AB will get the nod for most of the carries....\

jomo
12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
It'll depend on how the game pans out but assuming it's competitive from the off, I'm going to guess 22 carries for Bradshaw, 8 for Wilson and 5 for Torain.I'm guessing zero carries for Torain short of an injury. They might slot him in for blocking duties if Bradshaw is gassed.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing zero carries for Torain short of an injury. They might slot him in for blocking duties if Bradshaw is gassed.

I wonder which one they suit up. I expect both of them to contribute on STs when they suit up.

Flip Empty
12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm guessing zero carries for Torain short of an injury. They might slot him in for blocking duties if Bradshaw is gassed.
You're probably right. I just figured they may let Torain audition for the goal line/short yardage role.

DownWitJPP
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
You're probably right. I just figured they may let Torain audition for the goal line/short yardage role.

he might get that chance, hes a physical runner when healthy.

Eliscruzzz
12-01-2012, 03:30 PM
What's the word with Diehl is he starting???

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 03:32 PM
What's the word with Diehl is he starting???

He's questionable

CowboysSuck
12-01-2012, 05:57 PM

Auditions in week 13?

If we are auditioning for any position at this point in the season, this team is in serious trouble. Lets not be silly, there are no auditions going on. The coaches are going to use AB/Wilson about 80/20 or 70/30 and one of these two noobies will get in on specials so the coaches can gage their desire to be a part of the team.

Barring the unimaginable, I would assume the only backs we will see are AB and DW, save for garbage time possibly.

btw, whats the skinny on Da'rell Scott?

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 06:07 PM

Torain is a better "change of pace" back. I wouldn't use him for short yardage. He's a better 1st/2nd down back. Not sure what he has left in the tank though.

bbdynasty
12-01-2012, 07:19 PM
btw, whats the skinny on Da'rell Scott?

He's on IR

Flip Empty
12-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Auditions in week 13?

If we are auditioning for any position at this point in the season, this team is in serious trouble. Lets not be silly, there are no auditions going on. The coaches are going to use AB/Wilson about 80/20 or 70/30 and one of these two noobies will get in on specials so the coaches can gage their desire to be a part of the team.

Barring the unimaginable, I would assume the only backs we will see are AB and DW, save for garbage time possibly.

The last time I thought I had a handle on the Giants' RB situation, the #3 came in over the #2 haha. Thought I'd just throw a hail mary on this one.

I'm excited to see what Wilson is able to do with this opportunity, Been waiting for this.

BigBlueAllDay
12-01-2012, 10:22 PM
This is a very important divisional game for the division title and playoff spot, so it would be fine to have Bradshaw go all out in this one game. If the Giants win, I expect D. Wilson to pick up a lot more of the workload for the remaining games of the regular season.

Eliscruzzz
12-01-2012, 10:51 PM
This is a very important divisional game for the division title and playoff spot, so it would be fine to have Bradshaw go all out in this one game. If the Giants win, I expect D. Wilson to pick up a lot more of the workload for the remaining games of the regular season.This can't have this kid trying to do to much and fumble I'm fine seeing him get more carries against NO. We absolutely need this game.

dezzzR
12-02-2012, 08:52 AM
what did you thnk would happen.....

of course AB will get the nod for most of the carries....\the day before yesterday RF had a lot of "optimism" wed see a good amount of Wilson

GameTime
12-02-2012, 09:18 AM
the day before yesterday RF had a lot of "optimism" wed see a good amount of Wilson

last time checked he wasnt coaching the team.......

he may be a mod but I think his influence tot he Giants ends there......lol

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 09:50 AM
the day before yesterday RF had a lot of "optimism" wed see a good amount of Wilson

For Wilson, that's 10-15 snaps

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 09:52 AM
last time checked he wasnt coaching the team....... he may be a mod but I think his influence tot he Giants ends there......lol I'll get back to you on this as soon as I have lunch with John Mara

dezzzR
12-02-2012, 11:35 AM
last time checked he wasnt coaching the team.......

he may be a mod but I think his influence tot he Giants ends there......lolnever said he was.

appodictic
12-02-2012, 12:21 PM
What is more likely to happen is what usually happens, now that the giants scored a lot of points against the packers by a balanced attack of run pass, they are going to abandon the rush entirely. Even though the score will be like 10 7 at half time eli will keep bombing the ball down field. At the end of the game bradshaw will have 14 carries, wilson 5 and eli will throw the ball 40+ times. Eli will toss the int that gives the redskins a short field, and they will go up three, then he will toss another td to cruz and both he and cruz will be heros in the Ny media.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 12:27 PM
What is more likely to happen is what usually happens, now that the giants scored a lot of points against the packers by a balanced attack of run pass, they are going to abandon the rush entirely. Even though the score will be like 10 7 at half time eli will keep bombing the ball down field. At the end of the game bradshaw will have 14 carries, wilson 5 and eli will throw the ball 40+ times. Eli will toss the int that gives the redskins a short field, and they will go up three, then he will toss another td to cruz and both he and cruz will be heros in the Ny media.

Does the fact that Washington is significantly better at stopping the run than the pass have anything to do with that?

appodictic
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Does the fact that Washington is significantly better at stopping the run than the pass have anything to do with that? No I just think that the giants tend to go for the kill shot these days rather then the old days of wearing people down. In a close game we should run more often but we usually do not. I am not even surprised when we throw on 3rd and 1 any more.

TAILGATIN'
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Coughlin on Wilson last week, "It's his time." Id like to see 10-15 snaps for the kid, but it really boils down to whats working on game day. I just want a W.

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 12:56 PM
No I just think that the giants tend to go for the kill shot these days rather then the old days of wearing people down. In a close game we should run more often but we usually do not. I am not even surprised when we throw on 3rd and 1 any more.

OK, but the Redskins' Defense is 3rd against the run and 31st against the pass. If you were making up the game plan, do you think those numbers would influence your play distribution?

TheShouldersOf
12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Bradshaw will get a load of carries, and either aggravate his injury and on the short week next Sunday be even more compromised, or aggravate his injury in this game,

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Bradshaw will get a load of carries, and either aggravate his injury and on the short week next Sunday be even more compromised, or aggravate his injury in this game,

I don't know that he will get a load of carries if they stuff the run.

Altough it could be WIlson can make some plays since they have virtually no film on him

GameTime
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Bradshaw is damaged goods. He will aggravate his injuries no matter how many carries he has.....

GiantsCentral
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
The Redskins have had the leading rusher in every game except one... their 27-12 loss to the Steelers (Jonathan Dwyer had 107 yards on 17 carries.) Teams are averaging only 21 carries a game on the Redskins. On the flip side teams are throwing 42 times a game, a league high by more than 2 attempts. <br><br>Healthy backs that typically carry the load for their teams are getting about 17 carries against the Skins... Bradshaw will most likely see about 10. I like to think that the rest will go to Wilson... just not sure either of the FA's are quite ready. But that's what the coaching staff is for. I have all the confidence in the world that Coughlin will put this team in the best position to win. Go Giants!

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Bradshaw is damaged goods. He will aggravate his injuries no matter how many carries he has.....

It's really a shame. I don't see him coming back next season.

GiantsCentral
12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
It's really a shame. I don't see him coming back next season.

What makes you think that? He has 2 years left on his contract... you think the Giants will just let him go? What kind of salary cap implication would that have?

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
What makes you think that? He has 2 years left on his contract... you think the Giants will just let him go? What kind of salary cap implication would that have?

I don't know the answer in terms of his salary. But they have done everything, including state of the art treatments, to help his feet and nothing works. At some point, he's not going to be able to handle the stress and they will be paying him to sit on the bench. It's just not good to have a player practice one day a week and then expect him to blow the doors off defenses on game day. I love the heart he shows but it's going to catch up to him.

The Eagles just announced Foles will start the rest of the season because of Vick's health. When did he sign that $100M contract?

GameTime
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
The Redskins have had the leading rusher in every game except one... their 27-12 loss to the Steelers (Jonathan Dwyer had 107 yards on 17 carries.) Teams are averaging only 21 carries a game on the Redskins. On the flip side teams are throwing 42 times a game, a league high by more than 2 attempts. <br><br>Healthy backs that typically carry the load for their teams are getting about 17 carries against the Skins... Bradshaw will most likely see about 10. I like to think that the rest will go to Wilson... just not sure either of the FA's are quite ready. But that's what the coaching staff is for. I have all the confidence in the world that Coughlin will put this team in the best position to win. Go Giants!
they will use the running game for sure. If it works they will run more then planned if it doesnt they will try to use it strategically and also to keep some sort of balance to at least make the D think about it...

GiantsCentral
12-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't know the answer in terms of his salary. But they have done everything, including state of the art treatments, to help his feet and nothing works. At some point, he's not going to be able to handle the stress and they will be paying him to sit on the bench. It's just not good to have a player practice one day a week and then expect him to blow the doors off defenses on game day. I love the heart he shows but it's going to catch up to him.

Looks like his salary cap number for 2013 will be $6.25m. Though I can't say how much of that would count against the cap if the Giants were to release him.
( http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/08/a_breakdown_of_giants_running.html )

I understand the concern about his health. And the way he runs can't be good on his feet or ankles. I cringe everytime I see him carrying a defender on his back to try and get a couple more yards. Hopefully Andre Brown can recover well... I see Brown and Wilson as a good possibility to be the Giants future backfield combo.

Toadofsteel
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Hopefully Andre Brown can recover well... I see Brown and Wilson as a good possibility to be the Giants future backfield combo.

That's what I see too... Brown/Wilson is the next Jacobs/Bradshaw.

Now we just need to invest in some freaking offensive line. Beatty has turned out solid (aside from the one or two holding penalties he seems to draw per game). But it seems like each year one of those awesome linemen we used to have ends up tanking. In 2010 Seubert and O'hara went. In 2011 Mackenzie, 2011-2012 is the current tanking of Diehl. So I guess Snee is up in 2013... And guys like Boothe and Baas aren't it for the future... Baas himself is almost as old as the 5 mentioned above, and so is Locklear...

BillTheGreek
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
OK, but the Redskins' Defense is 3rd against the run and 31st against the pass. If you were making up the game plan, do you think those numbers would influence your play distribution?
+1

Eli, Pass them to the Happy Hunting Grounds!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgpjRzLSvjWfflCvhVcfi-vAAOxGpoO2mmYAEZF3ddiguCnosSUQ

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Looks like his salary cap number for 2013 will be $6.25m. Though I can't say how much of that would count against the cap if the Giants were to release him.
( http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/08/a_breakdown_of_giants_running.html )

I understand the concern about his health. And the way he runs can't be good on his feet or ankles. I cringe everytime I see him carrying a defender on his back to try and get a couple more yards. Hopefully Andre Brown can recover well... I see Brown and Wilson as a good possibility to be the Giants future backfield combo.

That's very likely

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
+1

Eli, Pass them to the Happy Hunting Grounds!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgpjRzLSvjWfflCvhVcfi-vAAOxGpoO2mmYAEZF3ddiguCnosSUQ

There can't be any doubt that the running game can make the passing game work. But when the defense you are playing has as lopsided a defense as this one, it would be criminal not to allow for beating them exclusively through the air. The secret weapon tonight could be Wilson. Who knows what he is capable of? Whatever that is, there's no film for the Redskins to dissect. Not in the running game and not in the passing game.

When is this game going to start? lol

Captain Chaos
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM
He'll get most of them I'll bet but the Kid Wilson will get somewhere between 8 to 12, if he is effective on the edge he will live out there!

nycisgreat
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1211187 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/bradshaw-shoulder-rushing-load-giants-article-1.1211187)

Excerpt: "Ahmad Bradshaw knows it is not his burden alone to make up for the loss of versatile Andre Brown in the Giants’ running game, but a broad smile came over his face when asked Friday if he believes he could handle as many as 30 carries Monday night in Washington.

“Of course,” Bradshaw said. “I’m not going to put all the pressure on me, but I want to help this team as much as I can. When I get an opportunity, that’s what it’s going to be.”

Bradshaw did not practice Friday – he doesn’t often because of a foot injury that has bothered him since last season – but he will be prepared to shoulder more of the offensive burden against the Redskins. He has averaged just 13.8 carries over the past five games since totaling 316 yards on 57 carries in October wins over Cleveland and San Francisco.

“I’m getting better every week, and I feel great about it. We’ll just see how it happens during the game,” Bradshaw said. “Being a divisional game and going back pretty much to home – I’m from Virginia and a lot of my family is from that area – it’s going to be a very exciting game for me. I’m getting a lot healthier now and I’m getting more and more excited for the game.”

After Brandon Jacobs was not re-signed during the offseason, Brown emerged as a valuable weapon and a story of perseverance -- averaging 5.3 yards per rush (73-for-385) and scoring 8 touchdowns this season -- before suffering a broken leg last week against Green Bay. He was spotted on crutches on the practice field Friday.

“It was tough. We can tell Andre really wants it, he wants it more than anybody on this team,” Bradshaw said. “He wanted to be a part of this. (He was having) a great year. It’s a tough loss and everything, and stuff happens. But bad luck did happen to Andre.”

Of course, one player’s misfortune creates an opportunity for others in Tom Coughlin’s “next man up” world. The Giants signed free agent running backs Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torain for depth this week, and as Bradshaw noted, “the young boy is still here.” That would be first-round pick David Wilson (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/David+Wilson), who has excelled on kickoffs but has totaled just 102 rushing yards on 24 carries in his rookie season." Read more...

As much as I hate on AB, I agree. He needs to get a large portion of all carries.