PDA

View Full Version : Your time to predict Wilson's production vs. Redskins.

RagTime Blue
12-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure if he'll be doing Kickoff returns. I hope so. If so:

1 good return out to the 45. . .nothing else past the 22.
12 carries 65 yards including a 30-yard highlight-reel play.
3 targets, 1 reception for 12 yards.
No blatant mistakes in the blocking game.

I'm obviously hoping for more, but I think he's a ways from reaching his potential. Until then, I think he'll flash, but struggle overall.

Mlerman17
12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
6 carries 19 yards 1 rec 6 yards

GameTime
12-01-2012, 02:40 PM
hope he plays well and executes his responsiblities....
would love to see he blitz pick and Eli get a TD from it.....

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure if he'll be doing Kickoff returns. I hope so. If so:

1 good return out to the 45. . .nothing else past the 22.
12 carries 65 yards including a 30-yard highlight-reel play.
3 targets, 1 reception for 12 yards.
No blatant mistakes in the blocking game.

I'm obviously hoping for more, but I think he's a ways from reaching his potential. Until then, I think he'll flash, but struggle overall.

Here's a question; With him being elevated to the #1 backup RB, will he still return kicks?

jomo
12-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Here's a question; With him being elevated to the #1 backup RB, will he still return kicks?That is a good question and the answer may have just as much to do with who's the #2 backup. If we had a seasoned 3 headed monster, he probably would continue to return kickoffs. With 2 brand new players behind him in the rotation, my guess is he doesn't return them unless we need a jolt late in the game.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 02:47 PM
That is a good question and the answer may have just as much to do with who's the #2 backup. If we had a seasoned 3 headed monster, he probably would continue to return kickoffs. With 2 brand new players behind him in the rotation, my guess is he doesn't return them unless we need a jolt late in the game.

That's what I'm thinking. SO, who do they put back there? Randle bobbled two punts against the Packers. Not sure Jernigan is the answer. Hixon may be the most obvious choice.

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Here's a question; With him being elevated to the #1 backup RB, will he still return kicks?

Green Bay Packers (http://boards.giants.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=%2318 green bay packers&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&ved=0CHgQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.packersproshop.com%2FGreen-Bay-Packers-Jerseys%2FGame-Jerseys%2F18-Randall-Cobb-Home-Game-Jersey%2Fsku-2102507135%2F&ei=SV-6UJOaL7Ss0AG0ioDYAQ&usg=AFQjCNHQmzAMo_2m7BmiPRl0Pu2BEBE5mw) Randall Cobb does it !

So why can't Wilson do it ! The returns are only about 10 to 15 seconds.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Green Bay Packers (http://boards.giants.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=%2318 green bay packers&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&ved=0CHgQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.packersproshop.com%2FGreen-Bay-Packers-Jerseys%2FGame-Jerseys%2F18-Randall-Cobb-Home-Game-Jersey%2Fsku-2102507135%2F&ei=SV-6UJOaL7Ss0AG0ioDYAQ&usg=AFQjCNHQmzAMo_2m7BmiPRl0Pu2BEBE5mw) Randall Cobb does it !

So why can't Wilson do it !

Unfortunately he still plays for the Packers, I don't think they would lend him to us.

Wilson CAN do it, but they usually don't want to risk it.

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately he still plays for the Packers, I don't think they would lend him to us.

Wilson CAN do it, but they usually don't want to risk it.

Football is a Risky Business

Very often, we prefer to take the easier way out, because we don't want to take risks. But great risk often leads to great rewards.

Alberto Salazar
If you want to achieve a high goal, you're going to have to take some chances.
Erica Jong
If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

So I say Giants take some Risks.

Buddy333
12-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately he still plays for the Packers, I don't think they would lend him to us.Wilson CAN do it, but they usually don't want to risk it.Eh, other players have done it.6 carries for 37 yards and 5 TD's!

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Football is a Risky Business

Very often, we prefer to take the easier way out, because we don't want to take risks. But great risk often leads to great rewards.

Alberto Salazar
If you want to achieve a high goal, you're going to have to take some chances.
Erica Jong
If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

So I say Giants take some Risks.

They took a risk throwing that ball to Barden that resulted in a penalty and took us out of field goal range

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
They took a risk throwing that ball to Barden that resulted in a penalty and took us out of field goal range

Eli took a Risk to pass to David Tyree.... which led to Winning the Super Bowl !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e4/Manning_tyree_catch.jpg/220px-Manning_tyree_catch.jpg (http://boards.giants.com/wiki/File:Manning_tyree_catch.jpg)

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Some risks pay off, others don't. With no one who has taken a snap behind Wilson on the depth chart, they may decide the risk isn't worth it.

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Some risks pay off, others don't. With no one who has taken a snap behind Wilson on the depth chart, they may decide the risk isn't worth it.

Very True, I Agree.................I'm going to put you on a SPOT !......Who do you Trust more on returns Wilson or Randle ? and Why ?

RagTime Blue
12-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for answering my question folks, lol.

But like I said, I hope Wilson returns kicks, but does so smartly. If you field the ball 6 yards deep into the endzone, your odds of getting past the 20 are slim. . .why take a hit?? Lately, he's been returning kickoffs that nobody should.

Wilson is the best KO returner we've had in a while, and I'd hate to lose that ability for a big play. Is returning a kickoff really that much more dangerous than taking a handoff from scrimmage? I think the reward is AT LEAST as much.

joemorrisforprez
12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
18 carries, 112 yards 1TD.

Most of the production is on a 50+ TD run.

Broadway Blue
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Eli took a Risk to pass to David Tyree.... which led to Winning the Super Bowl !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e4/Manning_tyree_catch.jpg/220px-Manning_tyree_catch.jpg (http://boards.giants.com/wiki/File:Manning_tyree_catch.jpg)

One of the greatest catch I ever seen

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 04:51 PM
One of the greatest catch I ever seen

Ditto..............mine too !

drewz
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
4 caries 20 yards

Broadway Blue
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
18 carries, 112 yards 1TD.

Most of the production is on a 50+ TD run.

That would be superb!

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Very True, I Agree.................I'm going to put you on a SPOT !......Who do you Trust more on returns Wilson or Randle ? and Why ?

Wilson has handled the ball flawlessly on returns. Randle, not so much. I'd rather Hixon did it IF Wilson doesn't

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for answering my question folks, lol. But like I said, I hope Wilson returns kicks, but does so smartly. If you field the ball 6 yards deep into the endzone, your odds of getting past the 20 are slim. . .why take a hit?? Lately, he's been returning kickoffs that nobody should. Wilson is the best KO returner we've had in a while, and I'd hate to lose that ability for a big play. Is returning a kickoff really that much more dangerous than taking a handoff from scrimmage? I think the reward is AT LEAST as much.

I just think with Bradshaw's ever hurting feet and no other RB with a snap on the GIANTS they may want Wilson to play offense this time around.

Line Coach
12-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Eh, other players have done it.6 carries for 37 yards and 5 TD's!
Remember what happened to Sehorn.

BlueSanta
12-02-2012, 02:02 AM
In 2007, Bradshaw was our kick returner until the week where our 2 starters were injured(ward BJ) and Droughns became the starter. At the time, TC was unwilling to risk another injury to a RB on kick returns. In light of this, I am surprised that they want to keep Wilson returning.

Hessian
12-02-2012, 02:17 AM
2 td's and a keg stand plus another td.

Rat_bastich
12-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Remember what happened to Sehorn.

I think that is exactly why Wilson may be pulled off returns. Even though it was a different coaching staff, that moment is one that sticks out in the Giants' collective consciousness year in and year out. Throw Hosley out there and see what he can do.

speedman
12-02-2012, 09:30 AM
15 carries, 105 yards

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 09:46 AM
15 carries, 105 yards That's pretty ambitious, let's hope

AustinSkin
12-02-2012, 10:18 AM
15 carries, 105 yards Wow, that's pretty ambitious. The Giants rushed for 64 total team yards during the last meeting. The Skins have a suspect secondary, but have been very solid against the run. If I'm not mistaken, they have only allowed one 100 yard rusher this year. But you never know.

NorwoodBlue
12-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not expect great production from play to play; but I'm thinking he's got a pretty good shot a breaking a long one at some stage of the game. I'm going to be interested to see if his doing reps with the starting line all week, gets them in sync and he hits the holes right when they're open. I've been wondering if Bradshaw not practicing all week is hurting the O-line since Bradshaw isn't the back hitting the holes all week in practice the timing has to be off some. Andre Brown used to seem to be able to find a seam at just the right instant; where as Bradshaw always seemed to want to run up somebodies back, and had to stop and cut back. With Wilson capable of hitting the holes even faster, the line would find some success with a hard intial shot, and not have to drive and sustain as much. I think the tempo of the running game might be stepped up some, and Wilson may find quite a bit of success with that.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
12-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Was watching a WTF Highlight reel of football plays, David Wilson came up on there when he was in VT and apparently lost -22 yards on one play LOL

NYGfanNC
12-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Was watching a WTF Highlight reel of football plays, David Wilson came up on there when he was in VT and apparently lost -22 yards on one play LOL

Haha, I was watching that game...Sugar Bowl vs. Michigan.

44#1
12-02-2012, 07:43 PM
8 carries 30 yards