PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't be shocked if Washington beats us on Monday

gmenfan0488
12-02-2012, 12:14 AM
RG3 is playing ridiculously good football right now. We;ve seen him already, so that's in our advantage, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lose on Monday night , it's one of the games I'm worried about.

Hall of Fame
12-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Relax my friend, we will be fine. We are a better team this time, then the last time we played them.

Goose403
12-02-2012, 12:27 AM
The outcome of the game will be based on the containment of our outside lineman, will Osi stay put or continue to play selfish football?

dave56dj
12-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Ah classic osi alone has to contain -im not hear to say osi is the greatest - or that he maintains the edge perfectly or is always gap responsible. But you have to realize gap integrity and setting an edge doesn't always work against a guy who is faster then almost any qb who has every played (olympic speed). Sometimes you have to tip your cap to an awesome athlete. Osi is one of many players on d who has to set an edge - odd to put that on him alone.

RagTime Blue
12-02-2012, 12:45 AM
RG3 is one man. They've lost more games than they've won this year. We've beaten them already. But any given Sunday baby!

Should be a fun game to watch, and a victory for the fans.

giantsfan420
12-02-2012, 01:08 AM
if they run that same pistol spread option offense that we already saw, we will beat them handily. if they add some wrinkles, or even go to a legit nfl offense opposed to the half collegiate/half nfl offense they run now, the game will be close.

Mod_C
12-02-2012, 06:31 AM
The outcome of the game will be based on the containment of our outside lineman, will Osi stay put or continue to play selfish football?

What's selfish football?

penguinfarmer
12-02-2012, 07:47 AM
What's selfish football?

It's attached to Osi. So I'm guessing it's the old assumption people like to make about Umenyiora selling out on the run for a sack, even though his gap to hit is the 7 or 9.

penguinfarmer
12-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Would anyone be surprised if this team lost to the Jags after beating another contender with conviction? Take a xanax and beer, quit worrying, and enjoy the game.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 08:16 AM
RG3 is playing ridiculously good football right now. We;ve seen him already, so that's in our advantage, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lose on Monday night , it's one of the games I'm worried about.

It's a Division game, always tough and no one would be shockedd if the Redskins win. They aren't going to win, but no one would be shocked.

BillTheGreek
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
It's a Division game, always tough and no one would be shockedd if the Redskins win. They aren't going to win, but no one would be shocked.

I would be shocked if the Redskins win. As we all know, The Giants need to WIN this game BIG time, and the GMen know it too!
So "Eli" SHOCK those Redskins.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQufxjvbPV_TGvxPbUwWhdlE9CSiMsMZ RPznpujZOQU160utzRk

Go Giants !

GameTime
12-02-2012, 09:12 AM
ehh whatever......you could post the same thread every week and it would be true.....

GMENAGAIN
12-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Eh, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost any of our remaining games. I don't get this thread.

NorwoodBlue
12-02-2012, 10:45 AM
RG III played big against the Eagles, arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL right now, and the Cowboys, another Jerry Jones train wreck there. I wouldn't get too excited about that. Simply put "you need to play like the world champions you are." Never were truer words spoken. They SHOULD come out and dominate this game, if the desire's there.

Dwinsballgames
12-02-2012, 10:59 AM
would you be shocked if we beat them?

jomo
12-02-2012, 11:04 AM
On behalf of the glass half full crowd, I wouldn't be shocked if we beat Washington by 14 points.
We are much more fun at parties! ;)

RoanokeFan
Eh, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost any of our remaining games. I don't get this thread.

Just "this thread"? :confused:

RoanokeFan
On behalf of the glass half full crowd, I wouldn't be shocked if we beat Washington by 14 points.
We are much more fun at parties! ;)

+1

Joe_morris
12-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I would be shocked if the Skins win. I think the Giants are going to smack them! I think the Giants will do better against Alfred Morris.He got most of his bug runs when Linval went to the locker room.

I think Linval and Canty will lock down the middle and get some push. Plus I like the way Kiwi is playing!

If Phillips plays, Hosley won't be put in a situation to get beat for two touchdowns.

Eli won't miss a slant to a wide open Cruz again either.

Cool Papa B.
12-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Everyone seems to think the Giants will lose. Are they underdogs in this game?

Truth is in the last 3 games vs. Washington the GMen have not played well. I'm sure they'll use that as extra motivation. Hopefully they'll execute and play disciplined football.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I would be shocked if the Skins win. I think the Giants are going to smack them! I think the Giants will do better against Alfred Morris.He got most of his bug runs when Linval went to the locker room.

I think Linval and Canty will lock down the middle and get some push. Plus I like the way Kiwi is playing!

If Phillips plays, Hosley won't be put in a situation to get beat for two touchdowns.

Eli won't miss a slant to a wide open Cruz again either.

It looks like Phillips isn't going to play. However, Eli will light up the Skins' secondary

Harooni
12-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Relax my friend, we will be fine. We are a better team this time, then the last time we played them. you may be right but you are basing this on one game we had 2 weeks to prepare for. Redskins know how to play us better and they are home and their season is on the line here.

gumby74
12-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Me neither. either?? It'll come down to the last game. Book it. It's the Giant way.

AustinSkin
12-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Everyone seems to think the Giants will lose. Are they underdogs in this game?

Truth is in the last 3 games vs. Washington the GMen have not played well. I'm sure they'll use that as extra motivation. Hopefully they'll execute and play disciplined football.

That's not what I'm seeing. Most of the sports pundits I'm seeing are picking the Giants, citing that there is just too much talent on the field for Washington to overcome. I agree with this assessment. The only thing that will shock me is if Washington doesn't give it their all for 4 quarters. The effort is going to be there. At the end of the day, that may not be enough. For Washington, this is a playoff game. Win and you are very much relevant in the playoff discussion. Lose and you have to hope for a collapse by Tampa, Minnesota, Seattle and New Orleans.

For my part, I'm going to kick back with a refreshing beverage and root for the Skins like crazy. Win or lose, I think it's going to be a heck of a game. This time last year, I would watch games wondering how we were going to lose. With the exception of 2 games this year, we were in striking distance of winning the game. We're rebuilding, but the future is looking better.

Joe_morris
12-02-2012, 01:04 PM
It looks like Phillips isn't going to play. However, Eli will light up the Skins' secondary

Man, that sucks that Phillips isn't going to play! I do have a good feeling about this game though.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Man, that sucks that Phillips isn't going to play! I do have a good feeling about this game though.

3 of Washington's 5 wins have been against teams with losing records. RGIII is a very impressive athlete and he will bring a lot of wins to his franchise. I just think they can't stop Eli through the air.

jomo
12-02-2012, 01:12 PM
3 of Washington's 5 wins have been against teams with losing records. RGIII is a very impressive athlete and he will bring a lot of wins to his franchise. I just think they can't stop Eli through the air.Make that CAN'T! Who among us hasn't missed a critical key stroke here or there?

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Make that CAN'T! Who among us hasn't missed a critical key stroke here or there?

TYPO KING lol Thanks for interpreting

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 01:15 PM
you may be right but you are basing this on one game we had 2 weeks to prepare for. Redskins know how to play us better and they are home and their season is on the line here.

And we also know them better, hopefully.

AustinSkin
12-02-2012, 01:28 PM
<strong>Everyone seems to think the Giants will lose</strong>. Are they underdogs in this game?<br>
<br>
Truth is in the last 3 games vs. Washington the GMen have not played well. I'm sure they'll use that as extra motivation. Hopefully they'll execute and play disciplined football.<br><br>That's not what I'm seeing. Most of the sports pundits I'm seeing are picking the Giants, citing that there is just too much talent on the field for Washington to overcome. I agree with this assessment. The only thing that will shock me is if Washington doesn't give it their all for 4 quarters. The effort is going to be there. At the end of the day, that may not be enough. For Washington, this is a playoff game. Win and you are very much relevant in the playoff discussion. Lose and you have to hope for a collapse by Tampa, Minnesota, Seattle and New Orleans.<br><br>For my part, I'm going to kick back with a refreshing beverage and root for the Skins like crazy. Win or lose, I think it's going to be a heck of a game. This time last year, I would watch games wondering how we were going to lose. With the exception of 2 games this year, we were in striking distance of winning the game. We're rebuilding, but the future is looking better.

Harooni
12-02-2012, 01:31 PM
It looks like Phillips isn't going to play. However, Eli will light up the Skins' secondary well it does seem that they have bottled up eli pretty good for the last 3 meetings. eli has thrown only 1 td pass to 5 ints vs the skins D.

Cool Papa B.
12-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Y
That's not what I'm seeing. Most of the sports pundits I'm seeing are picking the Giants, citing that there is just too much talent on the field for Washington to overcome. I agree with this assessment. The only thing that will shock me is if Washington doesn't give it their all for 4 quarters. The effort is going to be there. At the end of the day, that may not be enough. For Washington, this is a playoff game. Win and you are very much relevant in the playoff discussion. Lose and you have to hope for a collapse by Tampa, Minnesota, Seattle and New Orleans.

For my part, I'm going to kick back with a refreshing beverage and root for the Skins like crazy. Win or lose, I think it's going to be a heck of a game. This time last year, I would watch games wondering how we were going to lose. With the exception of 2 games this year, we were in striking distance of winning the game. We're rebuilding, but the future is looking better.

Boomer, Fransecesa and some other guys on WFAN and ESPN picked the Redskins to win.

Harooni
12-02-2012, 01:57 PM
63 percent of fans on espn are picking the skins.

Buddy333
12-02-2012, 02:15 PM
You would be shocked if Washington won? I expect them to win. This is a divisional game where the Giants have the chance to put their opponent away and make some room. It has the makings of a let down game. Not to mention Dallas will beat the Eagles today and they will be right back in the mix. The Giants are consistent at being inconsistent. They just don't like to make it easy for themselves or the fans. Lol. Oh, and with the probability of KP being out things are already looking down. They where a much better secondary last week with him than without. It's to bad that Hill was suspended for those four games. He may have been ready to fill in for KP and may be already but experience is important.

AustinSkin
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
63 percent of fans on espn are picking the skins.

Not surprised by that. But that's just fan voting. RGIII also has the top-selling jersey. Pretty meaningless, IMO.

Harooni
12-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Not surprised by that. But that's just fan voting. RGIII also has the top-selling jersey. Pretty meaningless, IMO. true its anyones game. who wants it more.

i be at the game i live in north va.

BigBlue1971
12-02-2012, 02:28 PM

i think the Giants' 1st concern is Morris! if they stop him they stop RG3 to an extent imo!

the G-men can take much thier preictability away stopping Morris.

i think the Giants win giving RG3 frustrations and his worse game of the season

Rudyy
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
You would be shocked if Washington won? I expect them to win. This is a divisional game where the Giants have the chance to put their opponent away and make some room. It has the makings of a let down game. Not to mention Dallas will beat the Eagles today and they will be right back in the mix. The Giants are consistent at being inconsistent. They just don't like to make it easy for themselves or the fans. Lol. Oh, and with the probability of KP being out things are already looking down. They where a much better secondary last week with him than without. It's to bad that Hill was suspended for those four games. He may have been ready to fill in for KP and may be already but experience is important.You expect us to lose every week. I love it!

Buddy333
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
You expect us to lose every week. I love it!Not every week. I did think they where going to lose last week and was way off on that one. Still, they are a very inconsistent team and winning this game would give them a comfortable lead in their division. It just seems to easy. It has to be difficult to be Giants football.

FBomb
12-02-2012, 02:43 PM
No one would be "shocked".....but EVERYONE would be pissed!!:mad:

FlyingTruck
12-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Phillips made the trip I heard. We do tend to not do so well on prime TV. We should be fine. Beat them once, we can do it again.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8701854/jacquian-williams-new-york-giants-kenny-phillips-makes-trip

jomo
12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
TYPO KING lol Thanks for interpretingI am sure that I edit more typos (of my own) after the fact than anyone on these boards.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I am sure that I edit more typos (of my own) after the fact than anyone on these boards.

OH NO, I am constantly editing my typos.

He Hate Mee
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Same here guys, I'm not sure why I don't just check my posts before I hit "reply" instead of after the fact.

I've been doing this since 2002. That darned switch erased my name.

jomo
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Same here guys, I'm not sure why I don't just check my posts before I hit "reply" instead of after the fact.

I've been doing this since 2002. That darned switch erased my name.Lol, I DO check my posts for typos before hitting reply, then still have to edit.

FBomb
12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Lol, I DO check my posts for typos before hitting reply, then still have to edit.

The #1 rule in in being a writer is that "Writing is rewriting".

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
The #1 rule in in being a writer is that "Writing is rewriting".

Then I am ONE HELL of a writer lol

B&RWarrior
12-02-2012, 07:23 PM
We need to stop the run. If we stop the run we win this game easy.

JJC7301
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
No, it would not be shocking -- they're on 5-6 but they're dangerous, they put up points, they're good against the run, they should have beat us a few weeks ago, they beat us twice last year, and they're playing at RFK.

But I think that the Giants are a better team overall. If JPP and Phillips can't play, then I'd be shocked if the Giants won.