PDA

View Full Version : INTERESTING WASHINGTON STATS

eml
12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Deceided just to check some win/loss redskin stats on their site. Couldn't easliy find D stats by game and opponent stats are not posted properly. However:

3 out 5 wins came aganist teams with losing records. The other 2 came aganist the Vikings,who are not exactly a power house and they beat a Saints team in week one and gave up 32 pts.

Rams loss; O scored 21 pts out of 28 their D had 7. They were shut out in 4th Qtr.

Bengals loss; O scored 24 pts. out of 31 their D had 7. They gave up 59 and 48 yd. passing tds.

Panthers loss; They scored only 13 pts. RGIII had only 53 rushing and no tds.Shut out in 2nd qtr. and only td that came at end of 4th Qtr.

Steelers loss; They were held to 12 pts with RGIII held to 8 rushing yds. and only 177 passing yds. Got shut out in 1st Qtr.

Giants loss; We all know that one

Week 5 loss RGIII held to 7 yds. rushing Moss had 80 receiving yds. but 77 came on 1 play Garcon had only 24. O had 10 pts. out of 17 and D had 7

These are certainly not designed to give a full picture but it does appear that the Redskins can be dangerous but have been beaten by fair teams and lost to 2 poor teams. The only blow out they won was aganist the 3 and 8 Eagles. Their win aganist the Bucs was a squeaker and they won by 2 pts.

The reason for this info is to hopefully post some things that put the Redskins in some kind of perspective. Yeah they can be dangerous but if we play our A game make adjustments as necessary. We Win. This Redskin hype starts and grows so big we forget their losses and who they were able to beat. Note to Mr. Tuck please read this.

Line Coach
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I didn't realize how many times their defense has scored this year. Thanks for the info.

Captain Chaos
12-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Redskins D is not great. If we can hold their O to 21 or less and our O can score some points we cand make some noise here!

Buddy333
12-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Whatever. They came close to beating the Giants the first time they played and its a divisional game.

FlyingTruck
12-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Whatever. They came close to beating the Giants the first time they played and its a divisional game.If we play them like we played against the Packers we'll crush them.

Flip Empty
12-02-2012, 04:58 PM
If we play them like we played against the Packers we'll crush them.
And if they play them like they played the Bengals, they'll lose. What's your point?

Rudyy
12-02-2012, 05:03 PM
And if they play them like they played the Bengals, they'll lose. What's your point?I think the point that he's trying to make is that if we play them like we played against the Packers, we will win because we were good when we faced the Packers..

DLT
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Skins fan here and I will say those numbers dont tell the full story of those games. Dont feel like explaining it but one big factor is Garcon. No real true wr threat without him and we lost Davis in your game. I believe we are 4-1 with Garcon in the lineup and he's only been healthy for 2 possesions until last week.

He still isnt healthy and only played in half our plays but you can see how much of a difference he makes. Basically us starting Hankerson & Morgan isnt going to work. Now with both Garcon & Robinson healthy the passing game is equal to the run game and makes us much more of a threat

Rusty192
12-02-2012, 05:48 PM
And if they play them like they played the Bengals, they'll lose. we actually played pretty crappy against the redskins the first time, besides the beautiful 77 yarder. And we still beat them. I think we play better this time around.

CowboysSuck
12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Deceided just to check some win/loss redskin stats on their site. Couldn't easliy find D stats by game and opponent stats are not posted properly. However:

3 out 5 wins came aganist teams with losing records. The other 2 came aganist the Vikings,who are not exactly a power house and they beat a Saints team in week one and gave up 32 pts.

Rams loss; O scored 21 pts out of 28 their D had 7. They were shut out in 4th Qtr.

Bengals loss; O scored 24 pts. out of 31 their D had 7. They gave up 59 and 48 yd. passing tds.

Panthers loss; They scored only 13 pts. RGIII had only 53 rushing and no tds.Shut out in 2nd qtr. and only td that came at end of 4th Qtr.

Steelers loss; They were held to 12 pts with RGIII held to 8 rushing yds. and only 177 passing yds. Got shut out in 1st Qtr.

Giants loss; We all know that one

Week 5 loss RGIII held to 7 yds. rushing Moss had 80 receiving yds. but 77 came on 1 play Garcon had only 24. O had 10 pts. out of 17 and D had 7

These are certainly not designed to give a full picture but it does appear that the Redskins can be dangerous but have been beaten by fair teams and lost to 2 poor teams. The only blow out they won was aganist the 3 and 8 Eagles. Their win aganist the Bucs was a squeaker and they won by 2 pts.

The reason for this info is to hopefully post some things that put the Redskins in some kind of perspective. Yeah they can be dangerous but if we play our A game make adjustments as necessary. We Win. This Redskin hype starts and grows so big we forget their losses and who they were able to beat. Note to Mr. Tuck please read this.

If we do this, not only will be not have to worry about the skins, but we wont need to worry about any team. We are the best in the league when we bring it all.

eml
12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
TO OUR COURTEOUS SKINS FAN, LIKE I MENTIONED THE STATS WERE TAKEN FROM YOUR TEAMS WEB SITE. IT WAS ONLY DESIGNED TO SHOW THAT THE HYPE ABOUT THE SKINS DOESN'T FULLY REFLECT SOME OBVIOUS TRUTHS ABOUT YOUR RECORD. CERTAINLY, YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO WIN BUT THEY MAKE YOU SOUND LIKE A 9 AND 2 TEAM AND RGIII AS A 7ft. SOLID MUSCLE QB WHO RUNS A 3.0 40. I THINK IT'S TIME TO REALIZE WHY YOU WERE SO HIGH UP IN THE DRAFT. HOWEVER, WE HOPE FOR AN EXCITING GAME BUT A GIANT WIN.

nycisgreat
12-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I think the point that he's trying to make is that if we play them like we played against the Packers, we will win because we were good when we faced the Packers..

+1, lol.

DLT
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
TO OUR COURTEOUS SKINS FAN, LIKE I MENTIONED THE STATS WERE TAKEN FROM YOUR TEAMS WEB SITE. IT WAS ONLY DESIGNED TO SHOW THAT THE HYPE ABOUT THE SKINS DOESN'T FULLY REFLECT SOME OBVIOUS TRUTHS ABOUT YOUR RECORD. CERTAINLY, YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO WIN BUT THEY MAKE YOU SOUND LIKE A 9 AND 2 TEAM AND RGIII AS A 7ft. SOLID MUSCLE QB WHO RUNS A 3.0 40. I THINK IT'S TIME TO REALIZE WHY YOU WERE SO HIGH UP IN THE DRAFT. HOWEVER, WE HOPE FOR AN EXCITING GAME BUT A GIANT WIN.We are 5-6. The hype just comes from RG3, close losses, and injuries. Some of those stats arent full stats. Like one game you said RG3 was held to 7 yards rushing but its not like he's a RB. The game plan that day was not for him to run. It was very conservative game plan. Thats why morris went off. That is also the game RG3 didnt finish. You said Garcon only got 24 yards but he shouldnt have been playing. After that game he missed the next 6. Last week was the 1st time he looked good since the 1st quarter of week 1. Its not like that team stopped him. He just wasnt healthy.

Every stat you made, I can just about say the same thing in reverse. You cant take credit away from our wins if you dont add that We lost 2 defensive starters in the Rams game after already being wtihtout 2. We had a 4th quarter lead and the ball on the undefeated Falcons when RG3 went out. We had 4th quarter leads in losses to the Falcons, you guys, the Rams, and were tied with the Bengals in the 4th. Lost all those games but less than a TD.

The D is not going to be great. Just too many injuries and most people dont think the system fits anyways. The O though has been pretty good all year and is even better now because early on RG3 was great but you could tell Shanny was still holding him back some on the count that he was a rookie and our wr's sucked. Now RG3 has seen enough to be treated like a vet and weve added top notch speed & playmaking ability back in Garcon & Robinson.

The 1st time we played you guys we were all run and short to mid range passing. No deep threat at all. Everyone brags about RG3's deep balls now but we had none for most of the season. We wouldnt even attempt them because of our wr's. Now you can see the tree is opened up alot more with our speed back. The game tomorrow will tell alot about how far weve come. No more moral victories. We can still afford one more loss but it will still hurt a ton. We need that W. If the hype is fake then you guys will stomp us. If its real then it will be a great game.

I still dont fully trust Shanny at home. I think he goes way too conservative and could do that again espically with Trent not feeling well. However, I also think he feels that RG3 is in a zone and Garcon is ready to be a stud again so I could see us going on the attack. If that happens then it will be a fast paced game and we will at the very least be in it

bbdynasty
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
if JPP plays, I think rg3 will be under fire all day. Also, a lot of the deep ball plays from you guys have been from blown coverages.. we tend to do that too sometimes but our 2ndary is getting better, more cohesive

GameTime
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Redskins D is not great. If we can hold their O to 21 or less and our O can score some points we cand make some noise here!

under 21??....I think the Giants put up 30.....If it becomes a shoot out the Giants win.....

GiantRoc
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I think the Skins are playing better ball the past few weeks. So are we, if you go by the Packers game. If both teams play well I think we take the Skins. If we fall back, I think we lose. We have what it takes to beat anyone. We just have to bring it every game. Like the kid said, "Play like World Champions."

eml
12-03-2012, 12:16 AM
To our skins fan's last post. Wow I thought some of us could rationlize our losses, your good. Since when does a coach tell his second best RB ( yes I said RB), RGIII to only gain 7 and 8 yds. in each of 2 games. If you want to use injuries to key players as a reason for losing maybe you should of followed our team last year. We lost plenty of key players but won a SB. So Moss wasn't a deep threat ? The hype is real but a bit over blown. Would you agree ? When we lose we can point out a lot of almost and should have been stuff but we lost. RGIII is a gifted player but its a body of work after years of playing great that would make him great. Last year I thought Cam Newton was supposed to be superman, this year its RGIII. The professional players and coaches in the NFL work long and hard devising schemes that limit the guys like RGIII. He's real good but let's look at him during the next 3 or 4 seasons. Enjoy the game.

DLT
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
To our skins fan's last post. Wow I thought some of us could rationlize our losses, your good. Since when does a coach tell his second best RB ( yes I said RB), RGIII to only gain 7 and 8 yds. in each of 2 games. If you want to use injuries to key players as a reason for losing maybe you should of followed our team last year. We lost plenty of key players but won a SB. So Moss wasn't a deep threat ? The hype is real but a bit over blown. Would you agree ? When we lose we can point out a lot of almost and should have been stuff but we lost. RGIII is a gifted player but its a body of work after years of playing great that would make him great. Last year I thought Cam Newton was supposed to be superman, this year its RGIII. The professional players and coaches in the NFL work long and hard devising schemes that limit the guys like RGIII. He's real good but let's look at him during the next 3 or 4 seasons. Enjoy the game.Again, I totally disagree. No matter what you think, RG3 is a QB and this was at the time where he was known for taking massive hits in the option and everyone was on Shanny's case. Thats why he started limiting those things at that time. You act like he ran it 15 times and only got 7 yards. Its kinda like when people say Pitt beat us by stopping Morris & the run game. No they didnt. He was still getting well over 4ypc. The game plan was just to pass more that game so he didnt get the carries. Then we got behind and had to throw.

Moss isnt a deep threat anymore. There is a reason why he doesnt start. He's 100 years old. He's a deep threat like any receiever on the field is a deep threat but we dont use him in that role. He's not a starter anymore. He's strictly the possesion slot guy now like Wes Welker. Im not using injuries as an excuse. Im telling you those are the reasons for some of those stats. You talk about your injuries last year but the point is you guys are and have been on that elite level. We havent. You should be able to handle injuries better than an up & coming team with a rookie QB.

The RG3 & Cam or Vick thing is so overblown. There is no comparison except they are blakc & fast. Both Vick & Cam came out of College as runners who could throw. RG3 has always been considered a thrower who could run. He's always been pass 1st while Cam & Vick where in run 1st Offenses in College. Then look at his effiency compared to Cam's. Cam was just putting up yards but with a ton of turnovers to go with it. RG3 has a 20 point higher QB rating and has better running yards. RG3's head is screwed on way more tighter. Its just like you said about wins & losses, anyone can say what defenses might figure out but until they do, he's beasting as a rook

DLT
12-03-2012, 12:29 AM
if JPP plays, I think rg3 will be under fire all day. Also, a lot of the deep ball plays from you guys have been from blown coverages.. we tend to do that too sometimes but our 2ndary is getting better, more cohesiveJPP is a monster but dont forget that he's going against maybe the best tackle in the NFL right now. Williams has been dominant all year.

I said before that he is the key to this game. He has a sprained ankle & deep thigh bruise and is questionable but I think he will play. The question is will he be effective and will Shanny change the game plan because he has doubts about him being effective. If he sucks then our whole line will suck and if Shanny goes conservative then you guys will jump on us and it could get ugly. If Shanny stays aggressive then we will be there

GiantGremlin
12-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Whatever. They came close to beating the Giants the first time they played and its a divisional game.

True, but the Giants did not play well that game, and were lackluster throughout.