PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Phillips On Trip To Washington

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_phillips_on_trip_to_washington_8fV9Ii7rYofp TygnyojxdN#axzz2DkeC0uQ9

Excerpt: "The Giants on Sunday boarded their charter Amtrak train for their trip to Washington, DC for Monday night’s game against the Redskins and safety Kenny Phillips went along for the ride with his teammates.Phillips is listed as doubtful to be able to play in the game after he aggravated a right knee injury in last week’s victory over the Packers. He is unlikely to be able to heal in time for Monday night’s game but by making the trip, the Giants are at least holding out hope that Phillips might improve enough to give it a shot." Read more...

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Williams and Beckum did not make the trip.

Rudyy
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm assuming JPP is fine? I know he's listed as questionable but I've heard nothing else.

FlyingTruck
12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Phillips says he'll play. I believe him. We'll need him.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm assuming JPP is fine? I know he's listed as questionable but I've heard nothing else.

Let's hope he's OK to play

Buddy333
12-02-2012, 04:32 PM
He is not playing. As good as he is when he is playing he will be a liability out there of he is injured.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
He is not playing. As good as he is when he is playing he will be a liability out there of he is injured.

Phillips or JPP?

Buddy333
12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Phillips or JPP?KP.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 05:20 PM
KP.

JPP is more critical, or is he? KP makes the multiple safety schemes humm

Buddy333
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
JPP is more critical, or is he? KP makes the multiple safety schemes hummTough call on hat one. How cold anyone pick over JPP? Then again, the secondary seems to get torched without KP.

tonyt830
12-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Glad to hear that KP will give it a try. I'm hoping for the best, but also understand that there is a chance he cant go.

As for JPP---I think he will be fine. And as for Williams, maybe the Giants ought to think about putting him on the IR. All I have been hearing the passed few weeks is how is would be ready to go. Originally he was supposed to be on the mend and looked good to go after the bye, well here we are, 2 games after the bye. It just has been disappointing to not see him out there and contributing, but I know I know, injuries are part of the game, and its not his fault for being hurt.

This is a big game, a divisional game that could pretty much lock the division up for the Giants should they win.

dave56dj
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
No one is more important on that d then jpp - he is an animal and of the best ends in the game. KP certainly does sure us up on the back end but every pressure we get is based on JPP taking on two defenders and often beating both.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Tough call on hat one. How cold anyone pick over JPP? Then again, the secondary seems to get torched without KP.

I think JPP is the key on the line along with Kiwanuka. Amukamara has done a great job and Stevie Brown as well, for the most part. When Phillips is in, Rolle gets to play the position he was brought in to fill and the 3/4 safety defense is getting better with each game.

We could have a shoot out on our hands.

CowboysSuck
12-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I think JPP is the key on the line along with Kiwanuka. Amukamara has done a great job and Stevie Brown as well, for the most part. When Phillips is in, Rolle gets to play the position he was brought in to fill and the 3/4 safety defense is getting better with each game.

We could have a shoot out on our hands.

Lets not hope for a shootout against RG. What I'm hoping is PF has seen enough film on RG this go-around, that we can effectively minimize his effectiveness. (nothing wrong with some wishful thinking, eh?)

TopleyBird
12-02-2012, 07:27 PM
What about Keith Rivers? I haven't heard anything about him, is he going to play?

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 07:28 PM
What about Keith Rivers? I haven't heard anything about him, is he going to play?

He's not on the injury list so we'll see if he's active tmorrow

He Hate Mee
12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Lets not hope for a shootout against RG. What I'm hoping is PF has seen enough film on RG this go-around, that we can effectively minimize his effectiveness. (nothing wrong with some wishful thinking, eh?)

That guy gets banned every other day. Lol.

He Hate Mee
12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
He's not on the injury list so we'll see if he's active tmorrow

Its likely that he will be inactive. A big letdown this season, unfortunately.

drewz
12-02-2012, 08:08 PM

He's never been inactive in a game where he's been healthy. He's one of the more quicker LBs we have and will probably play a good amount.

RoanokeFan
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM

He plays well when he plays

rtahsin
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
btw what happened to JWill? He's been injured for like 5 games. Did some horrendous injury happen to him in the last game he played? He's having a huge sophomore slump.

Rudyy
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
btw what happened to JWill? He's been injured for like 5 games. Did some horrendous injury happen to him in the last game he played? He's having a huge sophomore slump.He's injured

rtahsin
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
He's injuredLol well I was expecting a little bit more elaboration than that.

Rudyy
12-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol well I was expecting a little bit more elaboration than that.He's injured...badly.

Kidding. He has a problem with his knee.

GameTime
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
why not.......a shoot is something the Giants should easily win.....

BrianK01
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM
why not.......a shoot is something the Giants should easily win.....Because a complete drubbing is nicer than a shoot out

GameTime
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Because a complete drubbing is nicer than a shoot out
I responded to a poster that said he hopes the Giants dont get into a shoot referencing that RG3 will win that type of battle....
I say no way.....