PDA

View Full Version : Foreign NYG fans

Walsh
12-22-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm all the way in the UK and was wondering how many Giant fans are about which are from the UK or any other country for that matter.

Hoping that Giants play Wembley (International Series) next year, I have only been following NFL for around 1 year now, I went to the International Series this year and hoping to go next year.

Favorite player: Victor Cruz
Reason: He was the first player to catch my eye and I love his style.

Walsh
x

egyptian420
12-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Canada over here

JMFP2
12-22-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm all the way in the UK and was wondering how many Giant fans are about which are from the UK or any other country for that matter. Hoping that Giants play Wembley (International Series) next year, I have only been following NFL for around 1 year now, I went to the International Series this year and hoping to go next year. Favorite player: Victor Cruz Reason: He was the first player to catch my eye and I love his style. Walsh x</P>

Welcome aboard, Walsh!!!</P>

There are two guys I can name off the top of my head from the UK..... BritishBlue and UKGiantsFan.</P>

Both of them are pretty active on the boards.</P>

</P>

NWKEffectElement
12-22-2011, 01:21 AM
I am from the states, but was wondering if the NFL is something that is becoming popular over there. Is it becoming popular with the younger lads or generally all age groups? Or does it have sort of a cult following over there?

By the way I am a HUGE Chelsea fan if you follow the premier league.

BIG DANY
12-22-2011, 01:25 AM
MEXICO CITY . HOWEVER I WAS BROUGHT UP IN LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA.

Walsh
12-22-2011, 01:28 AM
thanks joemorrisforprez!! :)

Eermm, Their are a few fans over here but not in the younger age group as Soccer is HUGE over here.

NFL is getting popular in the age group of around 18-25 year old's that's from experience of going to the International Series and I am a Fulham fan which is right next to Chelsea and is a derby (huge rivalry) and we actually face each other next which will be a cracker!

If any of you play Madden 12 I need some help on how to defend, I blow at defending but offense is my strong point.

Any other questions I'm happy to answer.

1 last thing, is their any other websites I can purchase a Victor Cruz Jersey from the NFL shop costs 120 dollars which is too much in my opinion.

NWKEffectElement
12-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Is there a NFL team that has the most fans in the UK from your experience?

Sorry about the game against Man U today. I will be watching that match.

With Madden its all about knowing your opponent. I try no to blitz until they reach the red zone. But its mostly about matching your defence according to your opponents' offensive formation. You also always want to pay attention to their playmakers and 'marking' them.

bELIeve10
12-22-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm from the USA but my husband is Canadian born and moved here about 10 years ago.

G-Men Surg.
12-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Born in the States, living across the border in Mexico, 30 plus years bleeding Blue . Welcome aboard bro !

DragonSoul
12-22-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm all the way in the UK and was wondering how many Giant fans are about which are from the UK or any other country for that matter.

Hoping that Giants play Wembley (International Series) next year, I have only been following NFL for around 1 year now, I went to the International Series this year and hoping to go next year.

Walsh
xWell I was born in Russia, but now I am an American Citizen. So does that count? Glad you are on board.

How did you become a Giants fan?

Beelzeboss
12-22-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm originally from Liverpool UK, and moved to Canada when I was about 6 so I'v been Canadian for about 17 years now. Live in Windsor just across from Detroit, never miss a game when the Giants are in town. Welcome to the boards.

bELIeve10
12-22-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm originally from Liverpool UK, and moved to Canada when I was about 6 so I'v been Canadian for about 17 years now. Live in Windsor just across from Detroit, never miss a game when the Giants are in town. Welcome to the boards.

I love your sig.

UK-Giantsfan
12-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Welcome to the boards .........watch out for the trolls ( try not to engage in conversation with BParcells777 aka Jack )

regards
UK

( PS .....born in Liverpool too and obviously support the soccer team )

BurnerNYG
12-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Welcome to the board. Watch out for the homers.. they'll try to convince you that Santa Claus really exists.

CDN_G-FAN
12-22-2011, 08:17 AM
canadian who is dependent on this website for serious NFL conversation given that i live in the beating heart of the hockey world (toronto).

my family spent some time in Jersey before moving to just outside Toronto where i essentially grew up.

Walsh
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
"Is there a NFL team that has the most fans in the UK from your experience?"

I would have to say Steelers, their are about 5 of my friends (as far as I know) who follow NFL.

1. Giants
2. Steelers
3. Steelers
4. Dolphins
5. Eagles

so I would have to say Steelers, I have also seen random people around Manchester with Steelers Jersey's on.

"How did you become a Giants fan?"

In the UK there is a show called "NFL America's Game" which shows the past of each team, after watching near enough all of them Giants was the team which stood out the most, I didn't want to support a team which are stupidly good (Green Bay, Steelers, Eagles ect...) I thought Giants was me, as soon as I saw them I knew it was my team.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks for the great reply's

Walsh
x

BlueJayC
12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
<FONT size=4>If any of you play Madden 12 I need some help on how to defend, I blow at defending but offense is my strong point</FONT>.</P>

This proves you really are a Giants fan and model your Madden skills after the 2011 Giants. Do exactly the opposite of what the Giants D has been doing on Sunday's and you'll bepitching shut-outs before you know it.</P>

Welcome aboard.....one of the biggest Giants fan I know is a nice lady from London......came over here years ago.</P>

jjj45
12-22-2011, 03:44 PM
"Is there a NFL team that has the most fans in the UK from your experience?"

I would have to say Steelers, their are about 5 of my friends (as far as I know) who follow NFL.

1. Giants
2. Steelers
3. Steelers
4. Dolphins
5. Eagles

so I would have to say Steelers, I have also seen random people around Manchester with Steelers Jersey's on.

"How did you become a Giants fan?"

In the UK there is a show called "NFL America's Game" which shows the past of each team, after watching near enough all of them Giants was the team which stood out the most, I didn't want to support a team which are stupidly good (Green Bay, Steelers, Eagles ect...) I thought Giants was me, as soon as I saw them I knew it was my team.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks for the great reply's

Walsh
xIt makes sense that a lot of Brits would be Giants fans given that when most of you come over here, you come to New York. So you end up liking the Giants. Because who would wanna root for the Jets?

Giant stuck in Texas
12-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Born in the States, living across the border in Mexico, 30 plus years bleeding Blue . Welcome aboard bro !Surg, you got balls bro. lol

JMGGIANTS
12-22-2011, 05:15 PM

Walsh
x
Welcome, if you stick around you will see at least 2-3 regulars with "U.K." in their screen names or signature.

giant.slo
12-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Me too.:D

From Slovenia, Europe.

Started watching in middle of 2007 season. November 12, 2007: I turned TV on, there was replay of NYG-DAL game, didn't have a clue about football. After only few plays I loved it. I picked the Giants because I liked blue helmets much more.

Most popular teams here: Pats, Steelers, 49ers.

We have here every week 2 or 3 games on TV, mostly one late Sunday game and one night game (Sunday or Monday). But for us is really early morning game (we are NY +6 hours).

SEC105
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm all the way in the UK and was wondering how many Giant fans are about which are from the UK or any other country for that matter. Hoping that Giants play Wembley (International Series) next year, I have only been following NFL for around 1 year now, I went to the International Series this year and hoping to go next year. Favorite player: Victor Cruz Reason: He was the first player to catch my eye and I love his style. Walsh x</P>

There are two guys I can name off the top of my head from the UK..... BritishBlue and UKGiantsFan.</P>

</P>

</P>

He's not on the GMB that I know of.............but meet a guy from Australia @ Giants Stadium a couple of years ago. He was a hoot this guy.He had flown to Boston for abusiness trip and drove down to NJ just to see the Giants in person. Thats a dedicated Giant Fanin my book!</P>

Welcome aboard Walsh......you a Monty Python fan?</P>

SEC105
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM

</P>

</P>

He's not on the GMB that I know of.............but meet a guy from Australia @ Giants Stadium a couple of years ago. He was a hoot this guy.He had flown to Boston for abusiness trip and drove down to NJ just to see the Giants in person. Thats a dedicated Giant Fanin my book!</P>

Welcome aboard Walsh......you a Monty Python fan?</P>

G-Men Surg.
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Born in the States, living across the border in Mexico, 30 plus years bleeding Blue . Welcome aboard bro !Surg, you got balls bro. lol

Fortunately and thank God they're still hanging in the right place.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-23-2011, 12:01 AM

Fortunately and thank God they're still hanging in the right place.haha Be safe bro, I for one won't step foot over there.

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-23-2011, 12:22 PM
<FONT color=#0e774a>www.nfljerseys20.com (http://www.nfljerseys20.com)</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0e774a></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0e774a>I've bought jerseys off this site. Sometimes the site goes down but it comes up pretty quickly. $20 for jerseys, can't beat it. From China</FONT></P>

Kase-1
12-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm all the way in the UK and was wondering how many Giant fans are about which are from the UK or any other country for that matter. Hoping that Giants play Wembley (International Series) next year, I have only been following NFL for around 1 year now, I went to the International Series this year and hoping to go next year. Favorite player: Victor Cruz Reason: He was the first player to catch my eye and I love his style. Walsh x</p>

Welcome aboard, Walsh!!!</p>

There are two guys I can name off the top of my head from the UK..... BritishBlue and UKGiantsFan.</p>

Both of them are pretty active on the boards.</p>

</p>

</p>

He's not on the GMB that I know of.............but meet a guy from Australia @ Giants Stadium a couple of years ago. He was a hoot this guy.He had flown to Boston for abusiness trip and drove down to NJ just to see the Giants in person. Thats a dedicated Giant Fanin my book!</p>

Welcome aboard Walsh......you a Monty Python fan?</p>I actually met a BUNCH of fans from Australia who were at their 1st game a few years ago as well. They saw me and my boys partying it up and a few of my buddies had face paint on, they came right over and were at home.

I LOVE meeting Giants fans from overseas

Kase-1
12-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm all the way in the UK and was wondering how many Giant fans are about which are from the UK or any other country for that matter. Hoping that Giants play Wembley (International Series) next year, I have only been following NFL for around 1 year now, I went to the International Series this year and hoping to go next year. Favorite player: Victor Cruz Reason: He was the first player to catch my eye and I love his style. Walsh x</p>

Welcome aboard, Walsh!!!</p>

There are two guys I can name off the top of my head from the UK..... BritishBlue and UKGiantsFan.</p>

Both of them are pretty active on the boards.</p>

</p>

</p>

He's not on the GMB that I know of.............but meet a guy from Australia @ Giants Stadium a couple of years ago. He was a hoot this guy.He had flown to Boston for abusiness trip and drove down to NJ just to see the Giants in person. Thats a dedicated Giant Fanin my book!</p>

Welcome aboard Walsh......you a Monty Python fan?</p>I actually met a BUNCH of fans from Australia who were at their 1st game a few years ago as well. They saw me and my boys partying it up and a few of my buddies had face paint on, they came right over and were at home.

I LOVE meeting Giants fans from overseas

ibbill
12-23-2011, 01:48 PM

Walsh
x

I am from the Milky Way and all the stars you see in the sky are NYG fans that have moved on and are still cheering for NEW YORK GIANTS.

Once a Giant fan always a Giant fan.

Giantz4Life
12-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I think it's awesome that NFL is becoming more popular overseas where soccer has such a strong grip on sports fans.

Welcome to the boards !

About defense in Madden (this applies when using the Giants in Madden)

- The strength of the defense is the DLine (mainly DEs: JPP, Osi, and Tuck all rated above 90) so I normally come out in a 4 man line.

- Try to avoid defensive packages where the LBers are in abundance such as a 4-6. Giants linebacking core is their weakness so try to keep only 3 on the field. Goff is slow and bad in pass coverage but good run stopper. Boley is the only one who can cover a TE or shadow a RB with some competency, but even he is very susceptible to getting beat one on one.

- Don't be afraid to blitz! The Giants have fast DEs so overload one side of the field every now and then, just make sure you pull up your coverage to make sure no one is running uncovered. JPP is a beast and fast as lightning.

-Try to pick up on offensive tendencies of your opponent. Is he going over the middle a lot? Dumping it out to the flats? Coming out in a Jumbo formation with 3 TEs and running the ball? Try and see what he does often and cater to that.

-If he does a lot of crossing routes / slants with his WRs play Cover 2. If he does more vertical stuff play man coverage with a LBer playing a hook zone in the middle.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!

Tomigooner
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm from Croatia.
Started following NFL and almost instantly liked Giants in 2006/07 season, when local TV had live games. What exactly I liked about Giants I can't tell for sure, but it lasts until now.
Until this season I could only check scores, and watch highlights online.
Now I have better internet connection and ESPN America, so I watched half games this season live, half in replay.
Time difference can really be a problem, especially when game after midnight on Sunday and I have to work early on Monday.
Was actually in NYC in 2010, but for far too short.
American football here is not that popular, but I was really surprised decent amount of people I know also follow NFL, but from people I know, they are all Pittsbourgh fans.