PDA

View Full Version : The Last Supper

He Hate Mee
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
This season might be The Last Supper; allow an honest man to explain:

The core of the Giants success the past 6 or so years has ridden on the shoulders of:

Eli Manning
Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs
Tom Coughlin
Tuck, Osi, and Strahan
Michael Boley and Antonio Pierce
Corey Webster
Snee, O'Hara, Seubert, and Diehl

Upon closer examination, over 70% of these players will be gone after this year, and some are already gone.

The new "core" or players if you will, are/will include:

Eli Manning
Tom Coughlin (if he stays)
JPP and Linval
Rolle and Prince
David Wilson
The Hynocerous

LB's?
OLineman?
RB's?

If the Giants do not successfully adress key issues at the LB, OL, RB, and DL position, this season may be considered, theoritcally and analogously as:

The Last Supper

Lets win it all this year, boys!!!!!

jomo
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Hynocerous as part of our future "core"? Lol, he is just behind Beckum!

DOGS OF WAR-56
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM

The core of the Giants success the past 6 or so years has ridden on the shoulders of:

Eli Manning
Tom Coughlin
Tuck, Osi, and Strahan
Corey Webster

Upon closer examination, over 70% of these players will be gone after this year, and some are already gone.

Eli Manning
JPP and Linval
Rolle and Prince
David Wilson
The Hynocerous

LB's?
OLineman?
RB's?

If the Giants do not successfully adress key issues at the LB, OL, RB, and DL position, this season may be considered, theoritcally and analogously as:

The Last Supper

Lets win it all this year, boys!!!!!4 words...In Reese We Trust.

He Hate Mee
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Lol, its hard putting that list together!

Who is our FB then? Or should they not even be considered?

He Hate Mee
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
4 words...In Reese We Trust.

Amen!!!!

ALLnygIN
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
we need another solid corner as well. With hosley being more of a nickle type, we need another outside guy webby is going to need a replacement on the outside sooner than later. and yes, we do need to address the LB and OL. I'm not to worried at the HB position. I think were solid everywhere else that is of course we keep Nicks and Cruz on the outside and Martellus as our te

Ruttiger711
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
70%? You've got JPP, Linval, Rolle, Prince and the Hyno as all part the "new" core, and not of what brought the past 6 years of success (which I assume you're including last year) - but they've all had direct contributtons to last years SB win. The fact is that the crossover pieces are already in place and will continue to be built upon. The rug isnt being pulled from under the Giants' feet. They, like all other teams have positions to address.

SweetZombieJesus
12-02-2012, 09:38 PM

Remember Madison Hedge****? Our Fullbacks unceremoniously enter the Witness Protection Program.

Flip Empty
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
God I love how the swear filter censors names. So stupid.

GameTime
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
ehhh......football teams evolve all the time.

BParcells777
12-02-2012, 11:02 PM
the last supper???????

are you kidding me......we are solid for years and years to come

go root for the Jets next year if you see us falling off a cliff LOL

TextureDj
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM
the last supper???????

are you kidding me......we are solid for years and years to come

go root for the Jets next year if you see us falling off a cliff LOL

You finally said something I agree with.

egyptian420
12-03-2012, 04:27 AM
4 words...In Reese We Trust.this

Blue in Oz
12-03-2012, 07:02 AM
OL? How about Will Beatty, he is having a phenomenal season thus far.

Flip Empty
12-03-2012, 07:30 AM
The only era I'm seeing is the Eli/Coughlin era. I won't start worrying until they leave.

Redeyejedi
12-03-2012, 08:39 AM

Eli Manning
Tom Coughlin
Tuck, Osi, and Strahan
Corey Webster

Eli Manning
JPP and Linval
Rolle and Prince
David Wilson
The Hynocerous

LB's?
OLineman?
RB's?

The Last Supper

Lets win it all this year, boys!!!!!

Nicks and Cruz arent part of the core of the team? Outside of Eli the best players on this team are under 26

Mercury
12-03-2012, 09:11 AM
So exactly who on this team are we comparing to Jesus Christ?

Honestly, I think your way off on this whole idea. Strahan has been retired for years now. How badly do we miss him? Sure he was great, but isn't JPP also great? Players come and go. We are fortunate to be competative for so many years in a row. You can attribute it to excellent management. And we all hope that it continues.

He Hate Mee
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Nicks and Cruz arent part of the core of the team? Outside of Eli the best players on this team are under 26

The reason I did not include them in either list is because:

1. Neither of them helped out in the 2007 SB.
2. Nicks might not even be a Giants that much longer

However, they should fit somewhere in that post, now that I think about it.

Rudyy
12-03-2012, 11:45 AM
The reason I did not include them in either list is because:

1. Neither of them helped out in the 2007 SB.
2. Nicks might not even be a Giants that much longer

However, they should fit somewhere in that post, now that I think about it.Yeah but they played a crucial part last season. Especially Victor Cruz, just because they aren't veterans doesn't mean they aren't a part of the core.

Core means central part, and they both played a central part in our success along the way and continue to do so.

ManningToJPP
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah but they played a crucial part in our season last season. Especially Victor Cruz, just because they aren't veterans doesn't mean they aren't a part of the core.

Core means central part, and they both played a central part in our success along the way and continue to do so.

True. Add 'em to the new core, if they stay.

But that still leaves us with key issues to address; The outcome in which the success of next year's season relies heavily.

Rudyy
12-03-2012, 11:52 AM
True. Add 'em to the new core, if they stay.

But that still leaves us with key issues to address; The outcome in which the success of next year's season relies heavily.Of course, but every team has issues to address. That doesn't mean they are going to have losing seasons or whatever for years to come.

TAILGATIN'
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I too cant believe Nicks and Cruz werent mentioned in the original post or how you question our rb situation. Bradshaw, although injury prone, should still have a few years of gas in him, but he has two beasts behind him in Brown and Wilson. I feel more confident towards the years to come then I have in a long time.

ManningToJPP
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I too cant believe Nicks and Cruz werent mentioned in the original post or how you question our rb situation. Bradshaw, although injury prone, should still have a few years of gas in him, but he has two beasts behind him in Brown and Wilson. I feel more confident towards the years to come then I have in a long time.

How could I not question it?

2 injuries and look at where we are now? We are an injury away from RB chaos.

TroyArcher
12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
O-line has some decent young players on the left side. Do need to add a few more in the next two years. LB could be OK if Williams could stay healthy. If Brown comes back healthy they should be OK for another year or two.

Toadofsteel
12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
How could I not question it?

2 injuries and look at where we are now? We are an injury away from RB chaos.

two injuries away from making Harooni's year... you have to imagine that if Bradshaw and Wilson went down, TC would try to, you know, build the bridge that was burned...