PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys still consider us big rivals?

GreenGuy
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
With how bad we've been this year and are likely to be, for the next few years, I have to wonder if we're still considered rivals. Every Cowboy fan that I've talked to says that their biggest rivals are currently the Redskins and the Giants. Every Giants fan that I've talked to, says that their biggest rivals are the Cowboys and the Packers.

Wanted to get some thoughts on this.

BigBlueAllDay
12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
If you guys somehow beat the Redskins in Week 16, we'll call you rivals again....

giantyankee1976
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
yes, call it reverse-respect.

Batman's Joker if you will.

no team will ever replace you guys as my number 1 most hated rival

bigblue2088
12-02-2012, 08:32 PM
lol don't worry we'll always hate you guys

GreenGuy
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
yes, call it reverse-respect.

Batman's Joker if you will.

no team will ever replace you guys as my number 1 most hated rival

I understand your rivalry with the Packers is heating up. Should be fun to watch that progress.

bigblue2088
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I understand your rivalry with the Packers is heating up. Should be fun to watch that progress.lol sike, that's too one sided to be a rivalry. jk but the Giants and Eagles rivalry will always be the best in the division, even if one team isn't as successful at the time

FBomb
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Don't worry,,,,,,we still think you're scum!:)

GreenGuy
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
lol sike, that's too one sided to be a rivalry. jk but the Giants and Eagles rivalry will always be the best in the division, even if one team isn't as successful at the time

You're probably correct. Although I can see the Skins/Giants rivalry heating up over the course of the next 5 or so years.

laylow28
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
No matter how good or bad the Sheagles season is going, we will always hate and want you to lose each week.

miked1958
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I will always consider the Eagles one of our biggest rivals. doesnt really matter about your record. the teams know each other to well. Also i dont see you being down for next few years. I think now that you got all that Dream Team and Dynasty talk out of the way and fell flat on your faces your front office and staff can regroup and head in right direction. Stil have a really good CORE of players. I hope they keep Reid cause i feel you will never win with him there, but if you get the right person in to Coach these guys it wont take as long as you think. That new running back you guys have is a gem

Rodgers12
12-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Every Packer fan I talk too says the same thing. How much they hate the Giants.

Eliscruzzz
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Every Packer fan I talk too says the same thing. How much they hate the Giants.Like you??

Rodgers12
12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Like you??
No many here in the area are starting to say that. Before you guys have kicked our butts I always liked the Giants. Always pulled for them.

Giants5699
12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I hate Filthadelphia with all of my soul.

Eliscruzzz
12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
No many here in the area are starting to say that.That's not what you PM'ed me the other day.

Rodgers12
12-03-2012, 06:35 PM
That's not what you PM'ed me the other day.
I did.

Eliscruzzz
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
I did.I just sent you one maybe that will explain.....

Rodgers12
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I just sent you one maybe that will explain.....
Right now you guys own us so there really isnt much trash we can talk. Until we beat you but that could be awhile.

ShakeandBake
12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Right now you guys own us so there really isnt much trash we can talk. Until we beat you but that could be awhile.

Rodgers has cost me two fantasy games in a row, what is going on with this guy? I mean really he is scoring less points than russell wilson, I thought this guy was elite?

Rodgers12
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Rodgers has cost me two fantasy games in a row, what is going on with this guy? I mean really he is scoring less points than russell wilson, I thought this guy was elite?
Part of it was we had to play you guys. Other factor is horrible playcalling, McCarthy trying to establish the run more. Another part is horrible O line.

giantyankee1976
12-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I understand your rivalry with the Packers is heating up. Should be fun to watch that progress.

haha that was actually funny

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Part of it was we had to play you guys. Other factor is horrible playcalling, McCarthy trying to establish the run more. Another part is horrible O line.Once Philbin left they have gone downhill in the stats department.

BillTheGreek
12-04-2012, 12:34 AM
We hate every body, except the Dallas Cheerleaders !

Toadofsteel
12-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Rivals (in order of level of hatred):

1) Eagles

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Even with the collapse of the Reid regime there's a ton of logical reasons to still consider the Eagles rival #1.

- Proximity
- Long history of bad blood
- Oldest NFC East rivalry (1933)
- No matter how bad either team is it's always nasty
- Eagles have won 8 out of last 9 and won the only meeting this year
- Two recent playoff defeats in 2006 and 2008

It would take 30 years of absolutely no threat by the Eagles to overcome all that

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2012, 06:20 AM
We hate every body, except the Dallas Cheerleaders !

I hate them too

BillTheGreek
12-04-2012, 07:32 AM
I hate them too

How can you say that !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/Joe_Namath.jpg/200px-Joe_Namath.jpg

Greg Schiano
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Rivals (in order of level of hatred):

1) Eagles

Lmao. That's pretty much my list too.

miked1958
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Every Packer fan I talk too says the same thing. How much they hate the Giants.If you think you and the Packer Fanbase hates us how much do you think the NE fan base hates us. You lost a reg season game, a Div playoff game and an NFCCG to us. They lost a reg season game and 2 SBs to us.

miked1958
12-04-2012, 04:49 PM
You know if GB and NE make the playoffs the absolute last team either one of them want to see in their bracket is the NYGs. No matter how bad we look at certain times during a given season they seem to turn it on at the right time and become a nightmare for anyone in the playoffs

Rodgers12
12-06-2012, 11:32 PM
If you think you and the Packer Fanbase hates us how much do you think the NE fan base hates us. You lost a reg season game, a Div playoff game and an NFCCG to us. They lost a reg season game and 2 SBs to us.
I don't hate the Giants. There is alot of respect for them.

miked1958
12-06-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't hate the packers. In fact I rooted for them in 2010 SB

Rodgers12
12-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't hate the packers. In fact I rooted for them in 2010 SB
Appreciate the support. I was suprised we won it that year. It was an awesome run. Similar to your run in 07 and 11. I hope we can do it again this year but I have my doubts. Starks is hurt now so we signed Ryan Grant. I hope he provides a spark. We haven't had a running back really since Ahman Green.

Ntegrase96
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
If you think you and the Packer Fanbase hates us how much do you think the NE fan base hates us. You lost a reg season game, a Div playoff game and an NFCCG to us. They lost a reg season game and 2 SBs to us.

For some reason this reminds me of Buffalo... they probably really hate the city of Dallas in general. 2 superbowls in the early 90s that the Bills lost to the Cowboys, and the Sabres' Stanley Cup Finals loss to the Stars in 99 when Brett Hull was CLEARLY IN THE CREASE!!

GreenGuy
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
haha that was actually funnyIsn't the Pack/Giant rivalry similar to your old rivalry with San Fran? You guys always see each other in the playoffs. Anyways, going off of what Rodgers12 said earlier, Eagles fans don't hate the Giants either. We actually respect your QB and organization. Its just a few of your players that we don't like (LT, Strahan, Tiki, Shockey, Cruz)

Eliscruzzz
12-07-2012, 05:32 PM
At this point I would rather have Dallas win the NFCE then the Redskins...to me they just took over the trash that Philly used to be.

SweetZombieJesus
12-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Isn't the Pack/Giant rivalry similar to your old rivalry with San Fran? You guys always see each other in the playoffs.

Very few non-divisional rivalries stand up to that old 49er-Giant rivalry. The 49ers were the team of the 80s with 4 SBs but the Giants were the one team that could get the best of them. Stopped the Super Bowl era's first 3-peat in 1990 by beating them in their house, and basically ended Joe Montana's career. Simms and LT's last game was against them. Blowouts both ways and razor-thin games too. We went through them for 3 of our 4 Super Bowls.

As heated as the rivalry with Philly is, we understand deep down there is a jealousy that asks "why them and not us"? I've always said when looking at Philly it's like looking at a distorted reflection of ourselves.

Die-Hard
12-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't hate the Giants. There is alot of respect for them.

Your PM's and commentary on this forum, and your commentary on other forums, tells a completely different story

miked1958
12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Isn't the Pack/Giant rivalry similar to your old rivalry with San Fran? You guys always see each other in the playoffs. Anyways, going off of what Rodgers12 said earlier, Eagles fans don't hate the Giants either. We actually respect your QB and organization. Its just a few of your players that we don't like (LT, Strahan, Tiki, Shockey, Cruz)i guess it'd be the same thing when we mention Reggie white, desean Jackson, McNabb, Westbrook, Harold Jackson, Carmichael etc. those were the guys that kill us.. Same as LT, Cruz, strahan, etc did to u guys. I can say I don't like them cause they always were a thorn in our sides but it doesn't mean I don't have a health respect for them. Well except for Desean all the time (kinda like how you. Guys must have viewed Shockey) and the one time when Donavan got on the phone on outside line. Lol

miked1958
12-08-2012, 11:40 AM
For some reason this reminds me of Buffalo... they probably really hate the city of Dallas in general. 2 superbowls in the early 90s that the Bills lost to the Cowboys, and the Sabres' Stanley Cup Finals loss to the Stars in 99 when Brett Hull was CLEARLY IN THE CREASE!!didnt Dallas beat buffalo back to back?

miked1958
12-08-2012, 11:45 AM
And if I remember both of them were blowouts. And those two losses came on the backend of a 4 game In a row SB losing streak for the Bills. All 4 to the NFCE with the first one to us and their 2nd loss to skins and then losses 3&4 to Dallas. Poor eagles (sorry green guy, no offense) are the only ones that didnt get in on the act vs buffalo

miked1958
12-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Hey Denver lost back to back as well and a 3 rd SB loss to make them 0-3 overall ( all blowout losses ) until they finally bounced back and won two in a row. Unlucky for Bills fans they have never made it back to the SB

GentleGiant
12-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Absolutly not. Last time I checked you guys beat us.

GMENAGAIN
12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Until you stop beating us all the time you will be a rival.

JJC7301
12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
IMO, the Eagles are our biggest rival -- they always have our # and they're the closest big city. I always pictured the 'boys and 'skins as they're own biggest rivals, while we've got the Eagles.

crossouttheeyes
12-12-2012, 11:01 PM
There is a special kind of hate I reserve for the Eagles. They're like the anti-Giants and the games are always hard fought, tough, and eventful. In my eyes this will always be the best and most hateful NFC East rivalry. Its almost sad to see the Eagles bad because there is nothing as exciting as Giants vs, Eagles games that actually mean something for both teams.

While I hate Dallas, they're a trainwreck that's funny to watch. The Redskins have just been irrelevant for too long for me too care about them yet. The growing rivalries with the 49ers and Packers are great, but I don't hate either team and I respect both of them. The Niners would probably be my favorite team if the Giants didn't exist.

In short, yes, the Eagles are still our biggest rival.

N.E. Pa GiantFan
12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
My attitude, since the days of Buddy Ryan, has always been that if the G-Men go 2-14, the two wins MUST be against the Eagles.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 11:42 AM
My attitude, since the days of Buddy Ryan, has always been that if the G-Men go 2-14, the two wins MUST be against the Eagles.

Amen to that. If we get eliminated next week, we better come out guns blazing to finish off the Eagles for good...

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Andy Reid was already pre-fired on Friday before the game. The highlights of his career would be that great 2004 Eagles team
with T.O. and that star-studded defense and his head-to-head matchup record against Tom Coughlin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118990/article/andy-reid-fired-by-philadelphia-eagles

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Andy Reid was already pre-fired on Friday before the game. The highlights of his career would be that great 2004 Eagles team
with T.O. and that star-studded defense and his head-to-head matchup record against Tom Coughlin.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118990/article/andy-reid-fired-by-philadelphia-eagles

How sad it is that after this many years a major part of your legacy is your head to head record against another coach as opposed to something meaningful?

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
How sad it is that after this many years a major part of your legacy is your head to head record against another coach as opposed to something meaningful?

I'd gladly take TC's 2 SB wins and the late season meltdowns over Reid's 14 seasons of no superbowl wins. That's for sure.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
I'd gladly take TC's 2 SB wins and the late season meltdowns over Reid's 14 seasons of no superbowl wins. That's for sure.

So would Andy Reid.

giantyankee1976
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
strangely after so many years of the Birds "robbing us" or "knocking us off," this win felt so cheap.

Am I glad? Sorta, but we all knew that Reid is done, his Era is done, Vick is punch drunk and we squander our hopes 2 weeks ago and at Cincy...

So yea Giants kicked that ***, but in the bigger picture so F'n what !!!

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I absolutely do not feel sorry if an opponent doesn't show up to play and Giants ran up the score on them, especially if it's the Eagles... and I'm sure there's no pity from the Falcons or Ravens either. Show up and play or get send back into the lockerroom in humiliation with reporters waiting to jump on the interviews.