PDA

View Full Version : Giants named 4th most popular NFL team, pass Steelers

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 01:20 AM
A recent survey conducted to find the most popular NFL team has the New York Giants coming in as the 4th most popular team-- passing the Pittsburgh Steelers. The top 5 teams were:

#1: Green Bay Packers
#2: Dallas Cowboys
#3: Chicago Bears
#4: New York Giants
#5: Pittsburgh Steelers

No doubt the Packers are #1 because of the high percentage of bandwagon fans, but still good to see the NYG inside the top 5.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7377467/dallas-cowboys-second-green-bay-packers-america-team-poll-landslide

Weygand
12-22-2011, 01:31 AM
A recent survey conducted to find the most popular NFL team has the New York Giants coming in as the 4th most popular team-- passing the Pittsburgh Steelers. The top 5 teams were:

No doubt the Packers are #1 because of the high percentage of bandwagon fans, but still good to see the NYG inside the top 5.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7377467/dallas-cowboys-second-green-bay-packers-america-team-poll-landslide

They must have done it at Met Stadium before the game against the 'Skins.

DragonSoul
12-22-2011, 02:42 AM

They must have done it at Met Stadium before the game against the 'Skins.
LMAO...After the game it might have been the JETS or the SKINS lol

Ntegrase96
12-22-2011, 03:20 AM
not sure what popular means... the survey was also conducted on 700 people.

GB the most popular? I wonder if that has anything to do with their recent SB win?

Granted, GB is a nationally respected organization, but this poll isn't reliable.

That said, not too far off. But where's New England? Indy? San Fran?

BigBlue wins
12-22-2011, 07:59 AM
not sure what popular means... the survey was also conducted on 700 people.

GB the most popular? I wonder if that has anything to do with their recent SB win?

Granted, GB is a nationally respected organization, but this poll isn't reliable.

That said, not too far off. But where's New England? Indy? San Fran?

You won't find too many 49ers fans, this isn't the 90's anymore. Besides, the bandwagon crap is probably why packers are "#1" You'll find more Cowboys fans than 49ers on this part of the country.

gumby742
12-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Not too sure about that. Steeler fans are everywhere- like rats.

BlueJayC
12-22-2011, 09:03 AM
I never reply to surveys or post votes online.....not sure who does......so this was probably based on answers given by some 5th grader in Wisconsin.

SweetZombieJesus
12-22-2011, 09:06 AM
No doubt the Packers are #1 because of the high percentage of bandwagon fans

I have to disagree on that one -- the Packers are long-term the most successful franchise (13 championships) and have had many dynasties, not the least of which being Vince Lombardi's. But still I guess the bandwagon jumpers just know Aaron Rodgers and not much else so there you go.

Dallas annointed themselves "America's Team" because of fans all around the country, but Green Bay and Pittsburgh enjoy that phenomenon too. Really Pittsburgh should be called America's Team because they have fans all around the country that come out of the woodwork.

JPP
12-22-2011, 01:42 PM
I think any of these teams can flip flop depending on recent championships because like has been said there is a bandwagoner effect.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
700 people isn't a very large or representative sample for a population survey.

NYfanatic
12-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Well I work at a sports store here in Albany, NY and for one thing we order just about every team in the NFL and our most popular teams that are ordered/asked for are
Tied #1 - Giants & Patriots
#2 - Packers
#3 - Jets
#4 - Cowboys
#5 - Broncos
#6 - Steelers
#7 - Bears

greenca190
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Well I work at a sports store here in Albany, NY and for one thing we order just about every team in the NFL and our most popular teams that are ordered/asked for are
#2 - Packers
#3 - Jets
#4 - Cowboys
#5 - Broncos
#6 - Steelers
#7 - Bears

Giants training camp is in Albany, and Massachusettes is 40 minutes away.

Derrr

Red Dog
12-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Dallas fans voted them into 1st place cause they gave it up last week allowing JJ's team to have 1st place

I Bleed Blue 56
12-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Believe it or not i would hoestly say the steelers are americas team watch any game they play weather there playing in pittsburg or dallas or anywhere you will see thousands of terrible towels waving its insane. Dallas gave themselves that b.s title but its very clear they are far from americas team.

lawl
12-22-2011, 09:00 PM
#2 - Packers
#3 - Jets
#4 - Cowboys
#5 - Broncos
#6 - Steelers
#7 - Bears

Giants training camp is in Albany, and Massachusettes is 40 minutes away.

Derrr
Obviously he's aware of that. He's pointing out that the packers are #2

Crazy 88
12-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Not too sure about that.* Steeler fans are everywhere- like rats.

I am positive steelers fans exceed every other fan base. That survey is a joke. every sports bar i have ever been in, is littered with steeler fans(country wide). I can count al the giants fans ive meet while living on the west coast(20+years) on my two hands....and feet. if i were to guess, id say:

1: Steelers
2: cowboys
3: Chicago or GB
8. Giants