PDA

View Full Version : MNF Preview: Giants @ Redskins

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20121203_NYG@WAS

Excerpt: "Robert Griffin III gave the New York Giants plenty of trouble the first time he faced the Super Bowl champions.

The Washington Redskins rookie superstar believes he may be even more lethal in this rematch.
Griffin and the Redskins can win their third straight Monday night as they try to pull within one game of the Giants in the NFC East race.

The No. 2 overall draft pick's introduction to divisional play was a 27-23 loss at New York (7-4) on Oct. 21. He completed 20 of 28 passes for 258 yards and two scores and also ran nine times for 89 yards.

"It's a game we felt we should have won," Griffin said. "And we didn't win it, they got the win in their column and we got the loss."

That contest started a three-game slide for Washington (5-6), which has bounced back with consecutive NFC East victories behind its quarterback. Griffin threw four TD passes in each win in a five-day span over Philadelphia and Dallas, with the Redskins totaling 69 points.

"He is one of the best dual threats in our game today and we're going to have our hands full trying to stop that guy," Giants defensive end Justin Tuck said.

Griffin has doubled his season touchdown pass total over his last two games. Fellow rookie Aldrick Robinson has two TD catches in that span while Pierre Garcon, who missed the first meeting with a foot injury, is back and caught a 59-yard touchdown pass from Griffin in last Thursday's 38-31 win over the Cowboys.

New York allowed 248 yards rushing in October - its highest total yielded in three seasons. The Redskins are second in the NFL with 162.9 rushing yards per game behind rookie Alfred Morris, and now Griffin believes their passing attack is improved.

"The things they faced facing us the last time with the running game are still there but we've added elements in the passing game that make us more dangerous," Griffin said. "So they'll prepare for that and we'll see what happens." Read more...

BMW
12-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Want to beat this joke of a team by at least 30, tired of hearing RG3 RG3, I want to shut BSPN up already.

Eliscruzzz
12-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Want to beat this joke of a team by at least 30, tired of hearing RG3 RG3, I want to shut BSPN up already.Wow is it sickening that is all they are talking about right now.....just imagine how bad it's going to be if they win. The Giants CANNOT lose this game. Please God!!!

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Want to beat this joke of a team by at least 30, tired of hearing RG3 RG3, I want to shut BSPN up already.

I'm not sure they're a joke. They are a Division rival and we had better approach the game with that in mind

BMW
12-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Wow is it sickening that is all they are talking about right now.....just imagine how bad it's going to be if they win. The Giants CANNOT lose this game. Please God!!!

Seriously this is just pathetic, HELLO BSPN WE WON 2 SBS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS REMEMBER US?? These clowns who get paid for being wrong all the time on BSPN are talking about RG3 like he is better than Joe Montana, what a joke.

Eliscruzzz
12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Seriously this is just pathetic, HELLO BSPN WE WON 2 SBS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS REMEMBER US?? These clowns who get paid for being wrong all the time on BSPN are talking about RG3 like he is better than Joe Montana, what a joke. Seriously you would think this guy walks on water...their promos to this game is sickening their all laughing at JPP trying to catch RG3. He's on the Gruden bus when you have a two time winning SB champ?? My God the Giants MUST put an end to this tonight.

Captain Chaos
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Its going to be a battle, hope the O does better this game than they did the last one!

RoanokeFan
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Its going to be a battle, hope the O does better this game than they did the last one!

I think we get a comfortable win