PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride's worst ever?

elitocruz
12-03-2012, 11:34 PM
the way we came out in the 2nd half, after dominating, was sad. I know they went away from Man coverage, but you've been in the league 100 years. figure it out.

MikeyMike01
12-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Another game pissed away by our bum**** coaching staff.

krygny
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
THE STUPID!! IT BURNS!!

gmen0820
12-03-2012, 11:40 PM
We're waiting on Kregg Lumpkin to save us

I Bleed Blue 56
12-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Its getting to be a constant there is a reason nobody will hire him as a head coach. He has no adjustments what so ever. Seriously 3 n 20 and you call a screen knowing we havent stopped them all game. Watching Washigton switch up there calls all game makes me sick to my stomach we have this P.O.S as a coordinator.

dnotch121
12-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Why can't he be fired in the parking lot?

LT Stands For Greatness
12-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Because he doesn't coach in Philly.

krankeybluechick
12-03-2012, 11:50 PM
This burns my a** so much! Coughlin should fee ashamed of himself for keeping those two bums killdrive and fewell around.

krankeybluechick
12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
*feel

giantsforce
12-03-2012, 11:52 PM
the way we came out in the 2nd half, after dominating, was sad. I know they went away from Man coverage, but you've been in the league 100 years. figure it out.That;s what happens when you have a bystander HC who doesn't do anything but give speeches in the locker room

MikeSherrard
12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Anyone who watched that game and is blaming the OC for the loss clearly has no idea what they're watching on a football field

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Anyone who watched that game and is blaming the OC for the loss clearly has no idea what they're watching on a football field

+100

Giantterp
12-03-2012, 11:57 PM

How do you figure. Granted there was a number of issues. But...

The redskins have the WORST PASS DEFENSE AGAINST THE RUN STATISTICALLY EVER AT THIS POINT OF THE SEASON-fact...Look it up. What was the Giants run/pass percentage???

Kendo15
12-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Too easy to heap this on Kilbride.
True, we could've done with some more imaginative play calling second half, but Bradshaw (and Wilson) got hard yards in first half.

They were better in the second half, it happens.

giantsforce
12-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Anyone who watched that game and is blaming the OC for the loss clearly has no idea what they're watching on a football fieldYeap! It is very difficult to grasp the Giants "complex" play calling of Run, Run, Pass, Kick!

mike kennedy
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Where r all of Gilbride+3 defenders? I would keep your mouth shut after this pathetic display of offensive football we just witnessed.

mike kennedy
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
And you fools with these PSL's pay to watch this $hit!

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2012, 06:40 AM
And you fools with these PSL's pay to watch this $hit!

Ironically, it appears that you may be the fool here . . . . .

CDN_G-FAN
12-04-2012, 06:50 AM
just wanted to check in to make sure that half of the fan base is still bat **** crazy, screaming for our coaches to be fired after a close divisional game.

check.

carry on.

Tbonenc
12-04-2012, 06:55 AM
WORST PASS DEFENSE IN THE NFL and Gilbride decides he is going to grind out the clock. This would be a great strategy, IF WE WERE IN THE LEAD, but we were behind. When we did pass, we abandoned the middle of the field and started throwing out patterns.

Penalties were also an issue. Some phantom, some real.

Lastly, why can't our defense just seal the edge? If I see Osi running to the inside, like a dog chasing a car, one more time, I'm sure that I will puke.

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 08:40 AM
WORST PASS DEFENSE IN THE NFL and Gilbride decides he is going to grind out the clock. This would be a great strategy, IF WE WERE IN THE LEAD, but we were behind. When we did pass, we abandoned the middle of the field and started throwing out patterns.

Lastly, why can't our defense just seal the edge? If I see Osi running to the inside, like a dog chasing a car, one more time, I'm sure that I will puke.

I question it big time... especially when we start with back to back runs inside our own 10 yard line. I think the game strategy was for offense to have time consuming drives to keep RG3 on the bench... it worked in the first half (except not scoring TDs which changed game).. but that gamble crashed and burned in the second half. KG is brutally stubborn and did not adjust after seeing how the 2nd half was unfolding (with Skins playing better vs run and zone coverage)... I blame this loss on the offense which includes Killdrive's calling, player mistakes, and poor execution. We gave away another game in the NFC East (other one in Philly).

Giantterp
12-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I question it big time... especially when we start with back to back runs inside our own 10 yard line. I think the game strategy was for offense to have time consuming drives to keep RG3 on the bench... it worked in the first half (except not scoring TDs which changed game).. but that gamble crashed and burned in the second half. KG is brutally stubborn and did not adjust after seeing how the 2nd half was unfolding (with Skins playing better vs run and zone coverage)... I blame this loss on the offense which includes Killdrive's calling, player mistakes, and poor execution. We gave away another game in the NFC East (other one in Philly).

100% Agreed.

bigbluetribe
12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
The unfortunate thing is that owners will say, we have superbowls but what they dont realize is that this team is immensely talented and when we win, its despite people like gilbride and fewell not because of them

EliDaMANning
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Killdrive calls a solid pass attack game against the Packers who can't defend and what does he do yesterday? Try to run through their throats the second half. This guy is a clown.

Robert21156
12-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Robert21156
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM

Great post! We COULD have thrown on them a lot, but Gilbride decides to CONTINUE TRYING to run even when it's not working. Also agree on our ends crashing down and the ball going outside of them - they end up so far out of the play it's ridiculous. Who knows where our "Linebackers" are - certainly no team fears them making a crushing tackle or actually "covering" a receiver. Our defensive weaknesses are so obvious.

Chazj1
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
If this were the only game in which I questioned Gilbrides game calling I wouldnt blame him so much - but the fact of the matter is he has been bad for a long time. If not for two super bowl rings he would be out of here. Like Dvaey Johnson of the Mets who managed a greatb team "down" to 90 wins.

Say what you want but I think we need to live and die with Eli's arm. Set up the run via the pass. Offensively and defensively we are as plain vanilla as any team in the NFL. With some innovation we could dominate on both sides te ball.

bigblue58
12-04-2012, 09:59 AM

What you are saying is so patently absurd, they need a new word to define it!
If you actually believe that pissing away down after down on draw plays for no gain....putting Eli in constant 3rd and long situations is a recipe for success, then I'd say that you are clearly delusional bordering on deaf, dumb and blind!!!!!!!

yo-ho
12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Stop blaming KG, I know you are upset, so am I. the reason our team got beat in the second half is that the Redskins stopped our run, meaning they beat our blockers at the point of attack, and they ran the ball over our defense, meaning they beat our linemen and backers at the point of attack. And KG didn't have anything to do with all of the penalties. Some you you want to blame someone because you are pissed, like me. However let's face it our team got beat by a team that executed better last night. But for all the apparent domination on their part in the second half, they still only one by one point, which makes it even more frustrating. Just remember these tough games hardened this team last year, and made them ready for the playoffs.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Stop blaming KG, I know you are upset, so am I. the reason our team got beat in the second half is that the Redskins stopped our run, meaning they beat our blockers at the point of attack, and they ran the ball over our defense, meaning they beat our linemen and backers at the point of attack. And KG didn't have anything to do with all of the penalties. Some you you want to blame someone because you are pissed, like me. However let's face it our team got beat by a team that executed better last night. But for all the apparent domination on their part in the second half, they still only one by one point, which makes it even more frustrating. Just remember these tough games hardened this team last year, and made them ready for the playoffs.Why were they able to adjust and we couldn't?

jakegibbs
12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Continue to hear folks in this organization making excuses for all the mental laspes that have occured with our top 2 draft pics from last year. The intentional grounding that stopped another one of the many 1st half drives that were stopped by penalties is prime example of reciever running the wrong route. This has been explained by the fact he's a rookie & it wasn't the 1st time this has happened this year. We continue to hear the same about Wilson.

I Say Enough Excuses. Dumb the offense down & make it more simple if that's the case or draft smarter players. I don't think a lot of NFL coaches the good ones that is would keep using the same old tired excuse.

In this league 1 or 2 plays determines whether or not you win or lose games. These negative plays have to stop or the Saints will bury us again like they have in the last 2 meetings.

TroyArcher
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
They should have kept throwing down field last night. Eli could have torched that secondary for 400+ last night.

giantsforce
12-04-2012, 10:21 AM
They should have kept throwing down field last night. Eli could have torched that secondary for 400+ last night.Well they tried a couple times and it worked, so the "genius" Killdrive stuck to his plan, "Find out what works and then do the exact opposite." Run, Run, Pass, Kick. It is not complicated!

bigblue999
12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
This has been on of the most pathetic play calling games I've seen. I have been saying this consistently, that KG is a horrendous OC....what makes good coaches from bad, is the coach is able to assess a player's strengths and makes adjustments to that.

The running games does nothing but go downhill no matter who is out there....we had one of the fastest shiftiest guys in DW and runs him up and down.

The redskins defense is big and fat...they would not have been able to consistently chase down a Wilson or other on kick outs....instead we feed them right down the middle of the defense where EVERYONE in washington is waiting.

I AM GETTING FED UP WITH THE CONSISTENT LACK OF CREATIVITY - now we are going against superior defenses....I don't see the giants winning a single game with the possibility of eagles - will be too late by then.

giantsfan420
12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
eli bailed kg out that first half. 8 of 10 on 3rd and longs?! and those were conversions on elis arm, not some well designed play. he was putting the ball right in there.

the refs and their bs questionable penalties EVERY RETURN WE HAD put us at the 9...the 2nd half when the momentum changed, we should have passed much more except the rz.

giantsfan420
12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
id say last night thatd be a fair statement but not overall, guys had too much success.
but last night, eli in the 1rst half was hiding a lot of kgs horrid plan for the skins. 8 of 10 on 3rd and longs in the 1rst half??? and the conversions werent due to kg's designed play, but absolutely amazing stick throws by eli. the RZ and penalties killed the offense, eli played excellent imho, it was when lockler went down that i felt the pass game went back to how they looked during the slump, and i dont think thats just a coincidence, it was dd clear as day imo.

but very tough loss, KG made the worst plan to attack washington imo, he worried too much about ball control imo forgetting that if ur gonna shorten the game down to a few possessions per half, u better dam well score tds otherwise ur gonna lose...when we started out wth that bs stall and fg attempt bs, kg shoulda opened it up more...i mean iit was there ALL NIGHT

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Careful now, this might be misinterpreted as a "FIRE KG" thread.

sheepdip
12-04-2012, 10:34 AM
What are you going to do to fix the offense and lack of scoring.

Now that you cant rely on Cruz or others to take a simple 5 yard pass for 80 yard td all the time.
What will you do now that the league has an answer for our passing game.

Redzone struggles continue...........

im interested to see what fresh ideas he has. Maybe he will be watching other teams like New England to get ideas. lol

yo-ho
12-04-2012, 10:39 AM
There is some adjusting done, by do you seriously think play calling was going to make up for the fact that we couldn't bring Alfred Morris to the ground without three guys, and that we couldn't run the ball in the second half. I think that was just plain getting physically beat more than anything else.

krygny
12-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Killdrive ... heh heh, that's so clever. That's a play on Gilbride's name, isn't it. Never heard that before.

When are you people gonna realize, as long as Manning wants him here, he's staying here. I guess we won two Super Bowls in spite of him, not because of him.

ukgiantstyke
12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I am certain that once the Giants pass within the 30 yard line of endzone, Gilbride seems to adopt a different approach, as if he is merely putting the kicker a few yards nearer for the field goal, the amount of times we are treated to a run up the middle followed by delayed draw and then a pass to a receiver 3 yards shy of the first down with two defenders bearing down. KG seems to be happy to take the field goal.
We can score on long strikes and plunge in when we are inside the 10 but between the 30 and 10 yard line he seems to just go conservative as if he just doesnt have the gameplan to overcome defenses when the field compresses.

The second half was probably the most pathetic I have seen in a long time, all the commentators were harping on about what the defenses were showing Kilbride, and he just cannot make adjustments to counter. It was as if he walked out with 3 plays in his head and hope the D shut down the Offense to sneak a 16-10 win

Lastly, god forbid the Giants get a penalty on their drive, it seems that Kilbride has the automatic excuse that 'penalties killed us', opposition teams seem to be able to overcome penalties, last night the Redskins made it look easy.....

I would love to see what a talented OC and DC could do with this very talented team.

The Giants seem to be held by the preparations they made leading upto the game, if the preparations are successful, they will win the game, if they are not going successfully the Giants will lose simply because they dont have the ability to adjust on either side of the ball. Fact !

giantsforce
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
This burns my a** so much! Coughlin should fee ashamed of himself for keeping those two bums killdrive and fewell around.Coughlin is "disappointed" but never embarrassed that the Shanahans took him to school last night with a college level play calling and he was a mere bystander in the sidelines while his coordinators were ****ing up on all 3 sides.

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Why were they able to adjust and we couldn't?

Exactly! That is the biggest weakness of our coaching staff -- they NEVER adjust mid-game! I dont know if its due to stupidity, stubbornness, or arrogance (ie KG saying this week he's the best in the biz). Whatever the reason, it costs us a few games every year.

sharick88
12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Its getting to be a constant there is a reason nobody will hire him as a head coach. He has no adjustments what so ever. Seriously 3 n 20 and you call a screen knowing we havent stopped them all game. Watching Washigton switch up there calls all game makes me sick to my stomach we have this P.O.S as a coordinator.

Even the raiders shot him down after one interview a few years back

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM
He does not get delay of game penalties. He does not hold defensive players. He does not get called for a false start. He does not over throw a WR.

BigBlue wins
12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
This is to my point yesterday about Gilbride, he can call great games but this one was definitely a mix of bad play calling and execution. That screen pass was probably one of the worst calls of the game. Either Eli overthrew or the receivers were short/brain farted

I think he needed to tone down the running and tried more passing, but whatever, it is what it is at this point.