PDA

View Full Version : This offense is seriously over rated.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 12:42 AM
This game falls on the offense. They stunk for a month and rebounded against a horrible defense last week. This week they could only score 16 points on 5 field goal attempts.

Down-lifer
12-04-2012, 12:43 AM
no question. The offense is awful, one TD? REALLY???

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Sorry, but the Redskins had 207 rush yards. The offense good have played better but it's not squarely on their shoulders.
You said it yourself this is a division game and it's going to be hard, now you're upset..what?

NYGFaninILL
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
No, the offense is fine... we had penalties on 4 ****ing plays to end drives. ****ing Jim Cordle ..

Easy E.
12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
FGs and getting ultra conservative lost this game.

That an Morris must be covered in KY Jelly

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Sorry, but the Redskins had 207 rush yards. The offense good have played better but it's not squarely on their shoulders.You said it yourself this is a division game and it's going to be hard, now you're upset..what?Sorry but 5 field goal attempts is a recipe for losing which they did. This game was lost by the offense.

NWKEffectElement
12-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Horrible discipline by the Offense.

Buddy333
No, the offense is fine... we had penalties on 4 ****ing plays to end drives. ****ing Jim Cordle ..That's not being fine. That is the offense messing up.

Easy E.
Sorry but 5 field goal attempts is a recipe for losing which they did. This game was lost by the offense.

Agree. The D wasn't great either but O lost this

Down-lifer
No, the offense is fine... we had penalties on 4 ****ing plays to end drives. ****ing Jim Cordle ..having the worst red zone offense is fine?

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Sorry but 5 field goal attempts is a recipe for losing which they did. This game was lost by the offense.How was it not lost by the defense giving up 207 rushing yards? How?

bigblue2088
12-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Sorry but 5 field goal attempts is a recipe for losing which they did. This game was lost by the offense.definetly was, outside of Bennett they played bad. however I don't think it's fair to say they suck

TheShouldersOf
Bradshaw is overrated, and Cruz is overrated, Nicks is not playing like last year, probably still due to injuries,

Wilson is not getting integrated into the offense,

Flip Empty
The offense always sucks against the Skins. The numbers are there, collated from a large sample size, yet people still dismiss them.

NYGFaninILL
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
having the worst red zone offense is fine? When you drive deep down the field and end up having 2nd and 20 because some fat **** cant not choke hold a guy. Not fine, but defense more of a concern

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
This game falls on the offense. They stunk for a month and rebounded against a horrible defense last week. This week they could only score 16 points on 5 field goal attempts.Keep your shirt on budy. quit being a friggin whiner. The problem wasn't our offense. Big hold on Beatty and losing Locklear for the game, as well as stupid other penalties killed us.

You could use some perspective.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
How was it not lost by the defense giving up 207 rushing yards? How?If hey score TD's instead of field goals his game is played differently by Washington. Again, trying 5 field goals and missing one is how you lose a game.

jax5338
could have torched them through the air, yet penalties held them back. and for some reason they kept trying to run it in the 4th quarter.

red zone playcalling is abysmal

gmenfan0488
Cruz needs to be released. too many drops.

bigblue2088
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Cruz needs to be released. too many drops.lol your joking right?

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Keep your shirt on budy. quit being a friggin whiner. The problem wasn't our offense. Big hold on Beatty and losing Locklear for the game, as well as stupid other penalties killed us. You could use some perspective.You just stated a bunch of reasons why the offense WAS the problem.

Marvelousmik
12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Bradshaw is overrated,

24 carries for 103 yards. Averaged 4.3 yards a carry. ran hard.

@ rudyy the offense played bad also
@ buddy the defense also played bad

basically we played bad football today as a team. You cant keep kicking field goals.

bigblue2088
12-04-2012, 12:53 AM

basically we played bad football today as a team. You cant keep kicking field goals.don't forget the penalties

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM

basically we played bad football today as a team. You cant keep kicking field goals.No they did, but it's not entirely there fault.

When you give up 207 yards rushing that EATS up the clock and tires the D out. So now Griffin and company can do whatever the hell they want.
The offense wasn't good, I know but let's not pin this on one side.

Giantterp
12-04-2012, 12:55 AM
don't forget the penalties

Redskins D good against the run
Redskins D horrific against pass
Teams are passing 75% against them

What did the Giants do?

It was play calling.

Total Kill
12-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Sorry but 5 field goal attempts is a recipe for losing which they did. This game was lost by the offense.

It was 4 FG attempts, and 1 TD.

But their redzone O is horrendous.

Buddy333
24 carries for 103 yards. Averaged 4.3 yards a carry. ran hard. @ rudyy the offense played bad also@ buddy the defense also played badbasically we played bad football today as a team. You cant keep kicking field goals.The defense wore down at the end, but what chance did they really have when he offense does nothing to help the anyway? Again, 5 field goal attempts and one was missed. That's how to lose, not win a game. The defense allowed 17 points to one of the hottest offenses in the league.

krankeybluechick

How about blaming it on the offense coaching staff who have no and I mean no imagination!! Please, we are soooooooooooooooooo predictable!

GiantWarfare
We are the FG kings of the league...its sickening.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 12:57 AM
You just stated a bunch of reasons why the offense WAS the problem.Thats not what you were *****ing about though. You were complaining about the production. and how we should have not scored FG's. we win by two if not for holding.

Rich4114
The offense didn't put up enough points, true. They had their shot at the end but obviously the penalty killed that drive (like about 3 others). But when you look back on it, the 6+ min td drive in the 4th Q followed by an additional long drive because the D can't get off the field is why we lost. You need to stop the run to win games and this team doesn't really do that.

Still, after all of this - 1pt loss. Keep letting the other teams hang around so now we've got to beat tougher teams than the Skins to try and lock up the division. Will need 3 wins to get the division now. All we need to do is beat the Eagles at home for the first time in 30 years, the 9-3 Ravens, the 11-1 Falcons, and a pissed off Drew Brees/Saints to lock in the playoffs.

Down-lifer
the next 4 game are brutal. Saints and Eagles aren't playing good, but they will come to play against us. We play in Baltimore and in Atlanta....

bigblue2088
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
the next 4 game are brutal. Saints and Eagles aren't playing good, but they will come to play against us. We play in Baltimore and in Atlanta....lol it's all good, u know when we play our best football

Buddy333
Thats not what you were *****ing about though. You were complaining about the production. and how we should have not scored FG's. we win by two if not for holding.They are a horrible red zone team. What don't people understand about that? Their LACK of production in the red zone is why they lost.

Rudyy
The defense wore down at the end, but what chance did they really have when he offense does nothing to help the anyway? Again, 5 field goal attempts and one was missed. That's how to lose, not win a game. The defense allowed 17 points to one of the hottest offenses in the league.They also let them run all over them. They couldn't even stop Morris on first down that eventually ended the game! I don't care if they only allowed 17 points, that defense couldn't stop them for crap. Not even on a fluky touchdown.

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
No, the offense is fine... we had penalties on 4 ****ing plays to end drives. ****ing Jim Cordle ..
With all due respect that's delirious. The offense looked good at times but inept often!

Eliscruzzz
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
The offense was fine....how many yards did the defense give up rushing. Penalties killed us. Hate to give the Redskins credit but they won. Eli was on FIRE the first half. We played not to lose and lost.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
They also let them run all over them. They couldn't even stop Morris on first down that eventually ended the game! I don't care if they only allowed 17 points, that defense couldn't stop them for crap. Not even on a fluky touchdown.More stats. Well if they scored more TD's when they where in the red zone they win the game. The defense was not ba tonight at all. You can keep saying 207 yards all you want but the fact remains hey kicked 5 field goals. That's why they lost.

nycisgreat
12-04-2012, 01:03 AM
This game falls on the offense. They stunk for a month and rebounded against a horrible defense last week. This week they could only score 16 points on 5 field goal attempts.

We were bad on both side of the ball. KG kept trying to run on a team that does a decent job stopping the run, but give up huge yardage in the pass game. It is his fault for not taking not of previous game. Sometimes I don't KG look at film of other teams.

Rudyy
More stats. Well if they scored more TD's when they where in the red zone they win the game. The defense was not ba tonight at all. You can keep saying 207 yards all you want but the fact remains hey kicked 5 field goals. That's why they lost.The defense was not bad? Why did they bite on the PA pass all night? Why couldn't they stop Morris? Why couldn't they get pressure? Are you going to actually answer these questions or just say the offense scored 5 field goals.

Total Kill
More stats. Well if they scored more TD's when they where in the red zone they win the game. The defense was not ba tonight at all. You can keep saying 207 yards all you want but the fact remains hey kicked 5 field goals. That's why they lost.

4 FGs, 1 TD

Ruttiger711
12-04-2012, 01:04 AM
More stats. Well if they scored more TD's when they where in the red zone they win the game. The defense was not ba tonight at all. You can keep saying 207 yards all you want but the fact remains hey kicked 5 field goals. That's why they lost.

I wonder what the win/loss ratio is when teams give up over 200 yards on the ground.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
The defense was not bad? Why did they bite on the PA pass all night? Why couldn't they stop Morris? Why couldn't they get pressure? Are you going to actually answer these questions or just say the offense scored 5 field goals.In the end the defense allowed 17 points. The offense scored 16 with how many trips o the red zone? The offense did not score enough points. Allowing 17 points is not a horrible game by a defense. Stop bringing up rushing numbers.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
In the end the defense allowed 17 points. The offense scored 16 with how many trips o the red zone? The offense did not score enough points. Allowing 17 points is not a horrible game by a defense. Stop bringing up rushing numbers.You're not even answering my questions, and I didn't bring up any rushing numbers in my last post.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I wonder what the win/loss ratio is when teams give up over 200 yards on the ground.How many points did the offense score wit all their tips to the red zone? Allowing 17 points is not all that bad. Forget about the yards for a second.

stormblue
12-04-2012, 01:08 AM
The offense didn't put up enough points, true. They had their shot at the end but obviously the penalty killed that drive (like about 3 others). But when you look back on it, the 6+ min td drive in the 4th Q followed by an additional long drive because the D can't get off the field is why we lost. You need to stop the run to win games and this team doesn't really do that.

Still, after all of this - 1pt loss. Keep letting the other teams hang around so now we've got to beat tougher teams than the Skins to try and lock up the division. Will need 3 wins to get the division now. All we need to do is beat the Eagles at home for the first time in 30 years, the 9-3 Ravens, the 11-1 Falcons, and a pissed off Drew Brees/Saints to lock in the playoffs.

we need to win all 4......we lose all tie breakers with Skins and Boys.

Ruttiger711
12-04-2012, 01:08 AM
How many points did the offense score wit all their tips to the red zone? Allowing 17 points is not all that bad. Forget about the yards for a second.

What the point to "forgetting" anything?

Interesting find - I have no idea how legit this is:

"Going back to 1978, and not including 2009, a team has rushed for 200 or more yards on 1,110 occasions. 135 of those teams lost the game. So, the short answer is, about 12.2% of the time."

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=4042

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:11 AM
The point is the defense allowed 17 points. That's all that matters. The offense had 16. Why not bring up the fact they had 16 points n almost 400 yards of offense. They are a horrible red zone team and that's the main reason they lost the game.

Marvelousmik
12-04-2012, 01:12 AM
at the end of the day its not how many yards you give up, its how many points you give up. both defenses gave up close to the same number of yards. the offense didnt execute when they needed to. The defense played soft but its pretty even in my opinion. the offense played just as bad in terms of execution.

Buddy333
You're not even answering my questions, and I didn't bring up any rushing numbers in my last post.All that matters is points. The offense did not score enough when in the red zone.

Rudyy
The point is the defense allowed 17 points. That's all that matters. The offense had 16. Why not bring up the fact they had 16 points n almost 400 yards of offense. They are a horrible red zone team and that's the main reason they lost the game.I never said they were on fire, I told you a million times the offense sucked.

YOU'RE refusing to answer any of my questions.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
at the end of the day its not how many yards you give up, its how many points you give up. both defenses gave up close to the same number of yards. the offense didnt execute when they needed to. The defense played soft but its pretty even in my opinion. the offense played just as bad in terms of execution.Right, points win games. Which is why the offense that keeps kicking field goals in the red zone loses.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
at the end of the day its not how many yards you give up, its how many points you give up. both defenses gave up close to the same number of yards. the offense didnt execute when they needed to. The defense played soft but its pretty even in my opinion. the offense played just as bad in terms of execution.The amount of yards given up effected the score.
If you tire out a defense like that, I don't care who you are, you are going to have success and score.
Obviously we weren't scoring a lot so they didn't have to either, the offense was bad but RGIII had his way with our defense. You can't tell me otherwise.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:15 AM
I never said they were on fire, I told you a million times the offense sucked.YOU'RE refusing to answer any of my questions.I did by telling you what matters most. Points scored. The defense allowed 17 which is not bad against a hot team like that. Kicking field goals just about every time they get into the red zone is why they lost.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I did by telling you what matters most. Points scored. The defense allowed 17 which is not bad against a hot team like that. Kicking field goals just about every time they get into the red zone is why they lost.You can't negate my questions and just resume right back to your response but okay whatever.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
The amount of yards given up effected the score. If you tire out a defense like that, I don't care who you are, you are going to have success and score.Obviously we weren't scoring a lot so they didn't have to either, the offense was bad but RGIII had his way with our defense. You can't tell me otherwise.Someone said they had basically the same amount of yards. So what's the difference? Scoring TD's and kicking field goals.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Someone said they had basically the same amount of yards. So what's the difference? Scoring TD's and kicking field goals.Ha yeah..a fluky touchdown which the defense couldn't stop.

stormblue
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
the Skins average scoring 27 per game.......we only gave up 17....very good.
the Skins average points allowed is 26 .......we only scored 16 ....very bad.

3 lousy points in the second half........mr 4th qtr ....captain comeback.....mr clutch.......
Elite....

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Ha yeah..a fluky touchdown which the defense couldn't stop.So you admit it was a fluke but blame them at the same time?

G-MENBK
12-04-2012, 01:20 AM
the Skins average scoring 27 per game.......we only gave up 17....very good.
the Skins average points allowed is 26 .......we only scored 16 ....very bad.

3 lousy points in the second half........mr 4th qtr ....captain comeback.....mr clutch.......
Elite....

Not much your offense is going to do when you keep getting penalties and you're stuck in 3rd and long situations.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:21 AM
So you admit it was a fluke but blame them at the same time?I'm saying we couldn't even stop a fluky touchdown.
Yes it was fluky but there were like 8 guys there and couldn't stop him.

It's whatever. I'm not blaming just the defense, no way Jose but you can't just blame the offense.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:23 AM
That play was just bad luck. How do you prepare for that? If anything that makes the defenses performance look even better tonight. They allowed two TD's and one was a fluke.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:25 AM
That play was just bad luck. How do you prepare for that? If anything that makes the defenses performance look even better tonight. They allowed two TD's and one was a fluke.Whatever you say.

radar-ray
12-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Not much your offense is going to do when you keep getting penalties and you're stuck in 3rd and long situations. This, plus poor field position (due to penalties). I knew there would be no comeback when Locklear got hurt and DD came in.

Marvelousmik
12-04-2012, 01:27 AM
The amount of yards given up effected the score.
If you tire out a defense like that, I don't care who you are, you are going to have success and score.
Obviously we weren't scoring a lot so they didn't have to either, the offense was bad but RGIII had his way with our defense. You can't tell me otherwise.

The" redskins offense" had their way with us. they have one of the best offensive game plans ive ever seen and our defense couldnt stop it. But buddy has a very valid point. We only gave up 17 points, we forced a turn over and made them punt a few times. When the opportunity came for our offense to execute they failed for the majority of the game. The miss field goal didnt help either.

Here is the main point buddy is trying to make, and this is how you have to look at it.

If a defense on average gives up 17 points a game, they are considered a pretty solid defense.

If an offense on average only scores 16 points a game, that is a pretty low scoring offense.

You could throw the ball for 500 yards but what good is it if you only score 16 points? same goes for a defense. you can give up yards but if you get turnovers and force teams to kick field goals you have done your job.

With that being said, i agree with buddy that the offense deserves more of the blame for this loss.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:28 AM
The" redskins offense" had their way with us. they have one of the best offensive game plans ive ever seen and our defense couldnt stop it. But buddy has a very valid point. We only gave up 17 points, we forced a turn over and made them punt a few times. When the opportunity came for our offense to execute they failed for the majority of the game. The miss field goal didnt help either.

Here is the main point buddy is trying to make, and this is how you have to look at it.

If a defense on average gives up 17 points a game, they are considered a pretty solid defense.

If an offense on average only scores 16 points a game, that is a pretty low scoring offense.

With that being said, i agree with buddy that the offense deserves more of the blame for this loss.That's fair.

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY ADDRESSING MY POINTS lol

stormblue
12-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Not much your offense is going to do when you keep getting penalties and you're stuck in 3rd and long situations.

especially when the stupid QB keeps changing plays and trying to call audibles in a loud stadium when
nobody can hear him and people are getting confused.
he always risks delay of game by taking to long by constantly calling and changing protections.
and gets flagged for it a lot. he gets all the accolades when its all good , he can also take the blame
when it sucks.

nycsportzfan
12-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Sorry, but the Redskins had 207 rush yards. The offense good have played better but it's not squarely on their shoulders.
You said it yourself this is a division game and it's going to be hard, now you're upset..what? nah, hes right.. Regardless of what the rush total was, u gotta score at least 20 on these bozo's.. I mean, ur in the redzone as many times as we were, and we came away with 16points?

I honstly believe were just a lazy team, and players have hinted at that.. They whoop GB because they had that losing streak and needed that win, and then they feel they could be lax going agains ta mediocre team they all ready beat, and boom, they lost again.. Its ridiculous the attitude of some of our players.. Very classless bunch..

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Also, it's not just this game. Last week they where good but the four games before he bye they where bad as well.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
especially when the stupid QB keeps changing plays and trying to call audibles in a loud stadium whennobody can hear him and people are getting confused.he always risks delay of game by taking to long by constantly calling and changing protections.and gets flagged for it a lot. he gets all the accolades when its all good , he can also take the blamewhen it sucks.Sorry, but 280 yards and 20-33 with no turnovers doesnt make you stupid.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:34 AM
nah, hes right.. Regardless of what the rush total was, u gotta score at least 20 on these bozo's.. I mean, ur in the redzone as many times as we were, and we came away with 16points?I honstly believe were just a lazy team, and players have hinted at that.. They whoop GB because they had that losing streak and needed that win, and then they feel they could be lax going agains ta mediocre team they all ready beat, and boom, they lost again.. Its ridiculous the attitude of some of our players.. Very classless bunch..Oh I agree, but the offense wasnt the only problem. That's all I'm saying.

radar-ray
12-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Sorry, but 280 yards and 20-33 with no turnovers doesnt make you stupid. Ditto. The last thing Eli is, is stupid.

LT_Hits
12-04-2012, 01:37 AM
This game falls on the offense. They stunk for a month and rebounded against a horrible defense last week. This week they could only score 16 points on 5 field goal attempts.Agreed! Eli has to make the throws that count for TDs. He looks great in between the 20's but the penalties and play calling stink big time.

Diamondring
12-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Offense not overrated. They have weakness and that is scoring.

GiantWarfare
12-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Offense not overrated. They have weakness and that is scoring.

lol well you're not really a prolific offense if you cant score. Between the 20s doesn't mean anything if you ultimately fail to put the ball in the end zone.

Jtuck
12-04-2012, 02:01 AM

You could throw the ball for 500 yards but what good is it if you only score 16 points? same goes for a defense. you can give up yards but if you get turnovers and force teams to kick field goals you have done your job.

With that being said, i agree with buddy that the offense deserves more of the blame for this loss.

You know what's funny! Last year when we went on that 8 game win streak including the superbowl, every team we played we only allowed 17 points. The only team to score over 17 was GB in that playoff game.

joemorrisforprez
12-04-2012, 02:03 AM

I agree.....the offense left anywhere from 9 to 21 points out there tonight.

The lone brightspots: Eli, Black Unicorn, Bradshaw.

joemorrisforprez
12-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Agreed! Eli has to make the throws that count for TDs. He looks great in between the 20's but the penalties and play calling stink big time.

Eli did the best with what he had tonight.

Kevin "best in the business" Gilbride wouldn't know a short pass if it took a crap on his carpet.

TomCat_FIN
12-04-2012, 02:05 AM
The Dead Zone offense.

When you have 4 scores vs. your opponent's 3 (including a freaky fumble recovery & TD by the offense), you should normally be in the position to lead the game when the clock is winding down. That is unless you are only kicking field goals like the Giants have been doing for most of the season, save a couple of games where they ran the ball in from the 1 yard line or Eli happened to find someone open.

RagingBlue
12-04-2012, 02:09 AM
Once they start kicking field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. Then might as well go watch something else. Maybe Tom Coughlin should call it the rainbow zone, because calling it the greenzone instead of the redzone isn't helping.

TomCat_FIN
12-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Once they start kicking field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. Then might as well go watch something else. Maybe Tom Coughlin should call it the rainbow zone, because calling it the greenzone instead of the redzone isn't helping.

What I also don't understand is that, save this game where it actually happened, while most teams are deploying a TE friendly Red Zone offense, the Giants rarely go to Bennett in the red zone / green zone / whatever.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Another interesting thing from last night is that the defense was not penalized once.

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
They are a horrible red zone team. What don't people understand about that? Their LACK of production in the red zone is why they lost.

You have no ability whatsoever to determine how they lost, Eeyore.

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Actually it's pretty simple to understand. The offense has been doing this for a while now. They struggle in the red zone. You are not watching he same team if you think they are not.

GameTime
12-04-2012, 08:58 AM

agreed....280 yards passing 100 yards rushing and 16 points.....bull****....

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
How was it not lost by the defense giving up 207 rushing yards? How?

All of those yards produced only 17 points. We had several opportunities to put the game away offensively and we didn't get it done. Teams lose and win games, but the defense did enough to keep the game within reach and the offense couldn't take advantage. It's a repetitive issue and should not be a surprise to anyone.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-04-2012, 09:21 AM
This game falls on the offense. They stunk for a month and rebounded against a horrible defense last week. This week they could only score 16 points on 5 field goal attempts.Ya the offence is pretty pathetic in the red zone.Is it realy that hard to score ****ing touchdowns?