PDA

View Full Version : REFS COST THE GAME

KatieCoughlin
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
I dont need to explain the title much, its clearly apparent.

just 1 example: We'd still have the ball on the Bennet catch if it wasnt for that BS holding call (notice the flag was thrown after the completed catch. What a joke.

Morehead State
12-03-2012, 11:49 PM

just 1 example: We'd still have the ball on the Bennet catch if it wasnt for that BS holding call (notice the flag was thrown after the completed catch. What a joke.
It was holding no matter when they threw the flag.

Toadofsteel
12-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Makes sense... throw the flag after the ball has been thrown so the camera isn't on the bull****...

KatieCoughlin
12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
It was holding no matter when they threw the flag.

I assume you also noticed all the NON CALLS in favor of the skins?

You're argument holds little weight

Harooni
12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
we got calls too. thats not the reason.

GMENAGAIN
12-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Eh, if anything we got the better of the calls.

That offensive pass interference call and the horsecollar tackle call in the 4th quarter were questionable to say the least.

Don't be a baby . . . we lost the game. Next one up.

Ruttiger711
12-03-2012, 11:53 PM
The guy almost had to tap out the choke was on so tight - legit call.

KatieCoughlin
we got calls too. thats not the reason.

What is?

The offense and defense played similarly. They both played just....ok. Nothing glaringly bad, but nothing great either.

Hessian
Giants lost on the road to a divisional rival. It happens.

Morehead State
I assume you also noticed all the NON CALLS in favor of the skins?

You're argument holds little weight
Blaming the refs is the oldest excuse in the book. Its also boring.
You pointed out the holding call where we he had his arm under the chin of the pass rusher. It was blatant holding.

Joe Morrison
You have to be kidding me, the Ref's, how about 50 f'n draw plays on 2nd down!

KatieCoughlin
12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Coughlin : "Everytime we did something it seemed like it was a penalty, its very disappointing"

Ruttiger711
12-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Coughlin : "Everytime we did something it seemed like it was a penalty, its very disappointing"

Im sure you understand thats not a comment on the refs right?

BlueReign
12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
I just will never be able to wrap my head around the fact that we draw so few holding penalties with JPP Tuck and Osi up front. On replays it's so clear.

ozzie0075
Blaming the refs is the oldest excuse in the book. Its also boring.
You pointed out the holding call where we he had his arm under the chin of the pass rusher. It was blatant holding.

100% agree there missed calls in every game. Have to over come them and win the game. Losing is on the Giants not the refs.

Harooni
You have to be kidding me, the Ref's, how about 50 f'n draw plays on 2nd down! thank you!!!

KatieCoughlin
12-03-2012, 11:58 PM
omg, i feel like im talking to the president of the Politically Correct Club. Lighten up some of you. Lol

Sarcasman
12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
No. That's not why we lost. We played poorly. That will usually do it. Especially when it's your opponents SB.

Move on. The Giants still control their own fate.

The way we played I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

Morehead State
12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
omg, i feel like im talking to the president of the Politically Correct Club. Lighten up some of you. Lol
I'm sure you were fine with the BS offensive PI call on the Skins. That was a huge turnaround in the game.

GILBRIDE SUCKS
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
KEVIN GILBRIDE AND HIS INABILITY TO MAKE CREATIVE PLAY CALLS COST THE GAME!!! IN THE 4th QTR we had the ball on the 20 with 5 mins remaining . . and HE RUNS ON 1st . . GOES NOWHERE . . RUNS ON 2nd Goes NOWHERE . . FORCES ELI TO THROW ON 3rd (YET AGAIN) . . GETS SACKED. IT's REALLY A MIRACLE WE WON 2 SUPER BOWLS . . . BARLEY THOUGH . . CAUSE OF THE BAD, VERY BAD OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING. CAN"T WAIT TILL HE GETS FIRED!! HE"s THE WORST! WE HAVE AN INCREDIBLE TEAM AND OFFENSE . . . THE GUY JUST DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO UTILIZE OUR WEAPONRY. HE"s THE WORST! NO HUDDLE OFFENSE . . . THAT DOESN:T EXIST IN GILBRIDE's PLAY BOOK. IF COUGHLIN CAN"T FIRE HIM . . . HE NEEDS TO GO ALSO.

NY GIANTS - THE SLOWEST ON OFFENSE TO SNAP THE BALL (ALLOWING THE DEFENSE TO READ YOU - HIGHLY PREDICTABLE) - run on 1st, NO GAIN, RUN ON 2nd, NO GAIN, THROW ON 3rd . . . . settle for field goals!

GILBRIDE LOVES FIELD GOALS . . . THAT's WHAT HE PLAYS THE GAME FOR.

IM FU*KING PISSED . . . CANT WAIT TILL THAT GUY TAKES A HIKE . . DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ***!

THAT WAS OUR GAME . . . WASHINGTON FORESKINS . . . A CREATIVE O COORDINATOR . . . We're 8 - 5.

I BET WE DONT MAKE THER PLAYOFFS!!

FU*KING EMBARRASSING!

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-04-2012, 12:11 AM
I dont need to explain the title much, its clearly apparent.just 1 example: We'd still have the ball on the Bennet catch if it wasnt for that BS holding call (notice the flag was thrown after the completed catch. What a joke.That was obviously holding.

miked1958
12-04-2012, 12:14 AM
The guy almost had to tap out the choke was on so tight - legit call.yes had arm around his throat whole time... Was clearly a hold

LT-ELI
12-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Deadskins had 9 holding penalties not called. I'm not talking ticky tack calls, but whe their oline grabbed jersey & turned a Giants defender. They did same stuff in 1st game that wasn't called but I chalked it up to our being at home (where refs always hose us). You could blame O for not scoring TD's but hard when 3-4 times we're in red zone zebra's call penalties after 1st downs. We r usually one of the least penalized teams & I know refs could call holds on every play but tonight (and in 1st Egirls game) calls were not being made the same both ways.

BMW
12-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Who here actually watches games instead of just talking about them, who here did not see RG3 get a 1st down on a 1st in 10 after running for 8 yards. Anyone who watched this game and is not blind knows these refs probably bet on this game, whenever the giants had something going either on defense or offense the refs pulled something. How can people be so ignorant, do you think that the refs are saints? They held us all game long but somehow seen nearly every hold the giants had.

TomCat_FIN
12-04-2012, 02:24 AM
Refs or not, the offense has to do a better job finishing drives. When you have 4 scores and your opponent has 3, you should normally end up with the lead, but no, we just keep kicking field goals.

Snappinnecks
12-04-2012, 06:13 AM
We played like sh*t. Refs had nothing to do with it!

giantyankee1976
12-04-2012, 06:30 AM
disagree...sloppy play, undisciplined play that lead to penalties is what cost us the game.

call it what it is, RG and Morris are very special. the tides are changing in the East.

Intentional Grounding, Holding and False Starts were absolute killers and settling for FG's once again will bite us on the ***.

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Who here actually watches games instead of just talking about them, who here did not see RG3 get a 1st down on a 1st in 10 after running for 8 yards. Anyone who watched this game and is not blind knows these refs probably bet on this game, whenever the giants had something going either on defense or offense the refs pulled something. How can people be so ignorant, do you think that the refs are saints? They held us all game long but somehow seen nearly every hold the giants had.

lol . . . ok

And the government blew up the WTC, right?

DaKraken
12-04-2012, 06:51 AM

Plenty of examples to choose from and you pick the weakest. Beatty mauled the guy - that penalty was legit.

Refs were definitely horrible but in the end the GMen blew this thing themselves.

CDN_G-FAN
12-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Eh, if anything we got the better of the calls.

That offensive pass interference call and the horsecollar tackle call in the 4th quarter were questionable to say the least.

Don't be a baby . . . we lost the game. Next one up.

LOL. Questionable is being polite.

those calls were flat our wrong and we got gifts on both.

TKO_I62
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I have to agree -- I said it after the reversal of the on-field call for 1st down with no visible evidence to re-spot that ball for a 1st. When a QB starts his slide, he's down -- if Giants recover the ball I'd put money on him being ruled down, vs. fumble taken in for a TD -- Giants had to overcome refs and skins, which champions will do and the Giants should have been capable winning despite refs. In the end, they didn't get it done. This isn't "blaming the refs for the loss" it's recognition that that was a poorly officiated game in the skins favor, champions should overcome, and GMEN did NOT execute.

Manning
12-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm not gonna blame the Refs, but the offensive penalties completely cost us the game. We were getting them at the most inopportune times between the 40 and 20 of the redskins. Those penalties stalled our drives and forced us to kick FGs.

Morehead State
12-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I have to agree -- I said it after the reversal of the on-field call for 1st down with no visible evidence to re-spot that ball for a 1st. When a QB starts his slide, he's down -- if Giants recover the ball I'd put money on him being ruled down, vs. fumble taken in for a TD -- Giants had to overcome refs and skins, which champions will do and the Giants should have been capable winning despite refs. In the end, they didn't get it done. This isn't "blaming the refs for the loss" it's recognition that that was a poorly officiated game in the skins favor, champions should overcome, and GMEN did NOT execute.
OMG!!!
The two of you sound like the worst kinds of fans we see on opposing MB's that we rightly make fun of. I'm sure there are posters on the Skins MB's that are mocking you right now for whining about losing. And laughing about "any idiot can see that the refs bet on the game" kind of claims.

younggiant
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
I thinks the refs had their part in slowing us down at times, but I think the main blame goes to Tom Coughlin and Kevin Gilbride. How do you run as many times as they did against one of the worst secondary in the NFL? I was watching ESPN First Take and I agree with what Stephen A Smith was saying. He basically was saying the Giants ran the ball too much and were to predictable. I agree with that. Giants lost that game themselves.

They shot themselves in the foot multiple times and the playcalling was suspect. Eli thrives in big moments to win games, but what do we do? We try to stuff the ball down their throats, especially in the second half. Which is mind boggling because we have a two time Super bowl MVP on our team who live for the big moment who can shredd the Redskins seconday apart, but we chose to run run run run. Reason we lost, fellas.