PDA

View Full Version : DEFENSE IS NOT TO BLAME!

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Go check Washingtons points per game... We held them well under that. The offense sputtered terribly. Eli miss two td throws.. one to Nicks, one to Cruz. hThe offense lost today.

JJC7301
12-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Agreed. This was a play calling issue and credit to the skins D as well.

PETEY006
12-03-2012, 11:56 PM
the reason why we held them to that was because our offense kept RG3 off the field by running the clock.

When they had posession of the ball, we couldn't get them to punt

dnotch121
12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Its not? A morris had a pro bowl day. Garcon was catching balls wide open. No pressure on the qb. Redskins adjusted and confused the hell out of eli. What did we do? Nothing but stick to the same piss poor game plan.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-03-2012, 11:59 PM
That's true, and that's exactly why the offense lost. To have the ball and run the clock, but come away with no points just gets our offense tired.

BlueReign
12-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Play calling blew this one.Not to mention the drive stalling penalties.

Drez
Go check Washingtons points per game... We held them well under that. The offense sputtered terribly. Eli miss two td throws.. one to Nicks, one to Cruz. hThe offense lost today.
While we held them to a low number of points, the defense had great difficulty getting off the field in the second half.

All phases of the team failed us tonight. Total team loss.

Harooni
defense wasnt great but only gave up 17 points and forced 2 turnovers well 3 and one just was bad luck for us.

FG FG FG FG miss TD FG that has more to do with the loss it falls on gilstachs feet

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Yo we scored 16 points the o sucked. The d bent but never broke. Check the ppg average for the skins! D did good.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
defense wasnt great but only gave up 17 points and forced 2 turnovers well 3 and one just was bad luck for us. FG FG FG FG miss TD FG that has more to do with the loss it falls on gilstachs feetThank u

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
The team lost. Every phase sucked.

Tell me what Morris averaged per carry and then tell me the defense was good.

I love that story. Try to keep a straight face.

nycisgreat
12-04-2012, 12:06 AM

Both sides of the ball didn't do what they were suppose to. Morris killed us. RG3 killed us. We couldn't get any stops

krankeybluechick
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Were you watching the same game I was? The defense had alot to do with it! But so did the Offense and the Coaching staff. We couldn't stop the run or score a touch down in the red zone. Of course Killdrive calls run, run sack!!! Ch**st why are we all suprised this happens every year!!!

ozzie0075
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
the reason why we held them to that was because our offense kept RG3 off the field by running the clock.

When they had posession of the ball, we couldn't get them to punt

+1 Giants lost in all phases of the game. The offense did a good keeping RG3 off the field but they also have to turn those Fg's into TDs. The defense was well rested and simply cannot get gashed like that. And special teams had penalties that led to poor field position and a missed Fg.

Either way a loss is a loss and its time to move on to the Saints.

egyptian420
12-04-2012, 12:09 AM
entire team was to blame, including the defense....you've got to be kidding me if you think otherwise

we had to have bit on damn near every single play action he did. Fool me 17 times...

TheBookOfEli
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
This d couldn't stop a ****ing nosebleed. 2 times Alfred Morris has run wild on us.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:15 AM
U guys r ignorant

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:16 AM
So if we hold wash to 10 points less then their avg we did bad?

LT Stands For Greatness
12-04-2012, 12:17 AM
A. Morris 22 rushes for 124 yds, 5.6 Avg
R. Griffin 5 rushes for 72 yds (includes 42 yd run).

Offense held the ball for most of the 1st half. Not sure why the change in game plan. Then a strange call on 3rd and 20....dump off to Bradshaw. I don't understand that.

Two big special teams penalties by John Cradle killed good returns for very nice field position. Not to mention 9 total penalties for 72 yds. The lost their discipline (48 total penalties coming into this game).

ozzie0075
12-04-2012, 12:19 AM

Apparently we didn't watch the same game. Yes the defense only allowed 17 points but they got gashed in the run game and the Giants controlled the clock so they should have been fresh. But at the end of the day this whose fault is it stuff is stupid the TEAM lost.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:20 AM
The team lost. Every phase sucked. Tell me what Morris averaged per carry and then tell me the defense was good. I love that story. Try to keep a straight face. Our defense bent but never broke.... That's what that stat in relation to Washingtons actual score translates to.

Drez
12-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Yes. And if you don't understand that, then there's no point in trying to explain it to you.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Apparently we didn't watch the same game. Yes the defense only allowed 17 points but they got gashed in the run game and the Giants controlled the clock so they should have been fresh. But at the end of the day this whose fault is it stuff is stupid the TEAM lost.How can you say us controlling the clock is effective when we don't SCORE? Eli missed 2 td throws..... Offensive penalties were atrocious. Anyone who thinks the D deserves this is clueless.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Play calling blew this one.Not to mention the drive stalling penalties.+1

gumby74
12-04-2012, 12:29 AM
difference was they scored TDs we kicked FGs. You can't win like that.

ozzie0075
12-04-2012, 12:30 AM
How can you say us controlling the clock is effective when we don't SCORE? Eli missed 2 td throws..... Offensive penalties were atrocious. Anyone who thinks the D deserves this is clueless.

They certainly deserve some of the blame the Skins averaged 7.1 yards per play and 6.7 yards per rush. The defense produce zero sacks. This Giants team can't win with stats like that.

BlueReign
12-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Defense gave up two TDs, one of which was a fluke. Defense didn't cost us the game. That gameplan that Kyle Shanahan put together was lethal.

Drez
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
They certainly deserve some of the blame the Skins averaged 7.1 yards per play and 6.7 yards per rush. The defense produce zero sacks. This Giants team can't win with stats like that.
​But, seeing as we didn't give up 94 points, the defense was perfect and deserves to take no accountability in the loss.

G-MENBK
12-04-2012, 12:33 AM

^^This.

And the ToP was greatly in the Giants favor. You can't say that a D that allows 370 yards had a great day in the office.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:34 AM
+1 Giants lost in all phases of the game. The offense did a good keeping RG3 off the field but they also have to turn those Fg's into TDs. Exactly.
The defense was well rested and simply cannot get gashed like that. And special teams had penalties that led to poor field position and a missed Fg.Either way a loss is a loss and its time to move on to the Saints.way to be classy and not give RG3 any credit.... Guy is good with his fakes.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Again, bend, never break.

Parademon
12-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Take away the freak Fumble TD & we held em to 10, yeah the D got gashed & it bent, but never broke. With the high powered O we have avg 27 pts a game this yr, you would thing we could put up more than just 16 on a not so great Skins pass D. Atrocious play calling by Gilbride, penalties & once again, the O's inability to score in the RZ but 1 time on 5 visits & continue settling for 3s, did us in.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Take away the freak Fumble TD & we held em to 10, yeah the D got gashed & it bent, but never broke. With the high powered O we have avg 27 pts a game this yr, you would thing we could put up more than just 16 on a not so great Skins pass D. Atrocious play calling by Gilbride, penalties & once again, the O's inability to score in the RZ but 1 time on 5 visits & continue settling for 3s, did us in.Exactly

Harooni
12-04-2012, 12:40 AM
So if we hold wash to 10 points less then their avg we did bad? the defense basically only allowed 10 points and that miricle fumble lucky Td. but cleary you have offensive minded guys here that will never understand. they expect the D to hold teams to under 10 points every game. lol

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:43 AM
the defense basically only allowed 10 points and that miricle fumble lucky Td. but cleary you have offensive minded guys here that will never understand. they expect the D to hold teams to under 10 points every game. lolLet's even assume that possession yields a fg, to be fair.

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
First off, I don't blame the D. If they over pursue RG3 goes out the backside and if they stay back RG3 gets to pick us apart....No good choices here but w/our DE's I guess it would have been better to attack. w/that said, Morris going for over 100 is piss poor run D.

Our offense can score, I would rather go after points than dink-dunk to eat up clock. I thought that was playing it too safe, RG3 is still a rookie and WILL make mistakes the longer he is on the field.

Lastly, WTF is w/London Fletcher talking all that smack at the end of the game like the Skins just blew us out by 50 points. You won by one point and if not for a lucky TD and a missed FG that wouldn't have happened...I can't stand that ignorant crap, you won a close regular season game and your team is finally back to 500, don't act like you just won the SB dip$hit.

L.T.56
12-04-2012, 12:47 AM
the d wasn't completely at fault but this team just can't stop the run to save their lives.

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
First off, I don't blame the D. If they over pursue RG3 goes out the backside and if they stay back RG3 gets to pick us apart....No good choices here but w/our DE's I guess it would have been better to attack. w/that said, Morris going for over 100 is piss poor run D.Our offense can score, I would rather go after points than dink-dunk to eat up clock. I thought that was playing it too safe, RG3 is still a rookie and WILL make mistakes the longer he is on the field.Lastly, WTF is w/London Fletcher talking all that smack at the end of the game like the Skins just blew us out by 50 points. You won by one point and if not for a lucky TD and a missed FG that wouldn't have happened...I can't stand that ignorant crap, you won a close regular season game and your team is finally back to 500, don't act like you just won the SB dip$hit.London has never won a bigger game brah

Ballllinnnnnnn
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
the d wasn't completely at fault but this team just can't stop the run to save their lives.You just said amukamara was a bust in the other thread. No

L.T.56
12-04-2012, 01:12 AM
well they dont stop the run and they also give up big plays down the field. i think that's fair to say so far this season.

BlueBlooded1979
12-04-2012, 01:51 AM
How many punts did they force ?

Not letting Kildrive off the hook for his chicken**** play calling but Fewell suffered the same affliction tonight. ZERO blitzes. Terrified of a college offense that left guys standing around waiting to get run past.

BMW
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM
The refs take all the blame again on this one, I don't care what anyone says this game had some terrible refs.

embeshAtYa
12-04-2012, 05:10 AM
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Osi Umenyora sucks and the defense never had a prayer to stop them.

BillTheGreek
12-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Not our best game & not our worst ! The GMen, were not on the same page ! Were still in first place after all this ! NOW what happens ?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh5D9MgZqOvib6sAeWp8jI2bveDAN82 6tXbI8fEYa2XUjMw8Hn

DaKraken
12-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Play calling blew this one.Not to mention the drive stalling penalties.

This...

Bennett and middle of field open all night not sure why Gilbride and Eli didn't just keep going there again and again and again