PDA

View Full Version : We lost for one reason only

Morehead State
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
We outgained them, won the turnover battle and time of possession.
We lost because we settled for FG's when we needed TD's. Moving the ball between the 20's means nothing if you can't score TD's.
Its the story of the 2012 Giants.

gmenfan0488
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
and we got idiotic penalties.

GiantWarfare
12-04-2012, 12:59 AM
FG kings of the league. Lawrence Tynes = team MVP...

How lucky are we? Opposing teams cannot stop our FG drives!

Sickening....

Down-lifer
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
We lost because we settled for FG's when we needed TD's. Moving the ball between the 20's means nothing if you can't score TD's.
Its the story of the 2012 Giants.I blame that on play calling and on Eli. Eli has to play better in the red zone. He has WILL this team to score.

giantsforce
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Its the story of the 2012 Giants.Hmmm! sound like we are having coaching issues!

Ruttiger711
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Gilbride seems cemented on going for a play thats 1/2 the distance required on 3rd.

jax5338
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
throw the ball in the red zone! utilize our weapons instead of relying on our unsteady oline and running game!

Morehead State
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
throw the ball in the red zone! utilize our weapons instead of relying on our unsteady oline and running game!
It was pretty bad play calling down there...No question.

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 01:12 AM
There was a point when it was obvious that the Skins adjusted to our run game and we didn't deviate from the original plan to include more passing. Skins earned it though and with that flukey TD play, it just seemed destined for them to win this one.

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 01:15 AM
poor offense (combo of bad play calling, execution, and penalties)

mike kennedy
12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
What's the RedZone?
GILBRIDE+3

Broadway Blue
12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
I still can't believe we didn't attack their weak secondary

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Its the story of the 2012 Giants.Without those dumbass penalties, we win by kicking a FG lol

Lack of discipline first, then lack of redzone success is to blame.

GiantGremlin
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
There was a point when it was obvious that the Skins adjusted to our run game and we didn't deviate from the original plan to include more passing. Skins earned it though and with that flukey TD play, it just seemed destined for them to win this one.

Don't forget that Tynes missed a FG as well, I know it's not fair to pick on him, because he's been awesome, but just thought I'd point that out

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 01:19 AM
This is the weirdest team in the NFL

More red zone trips than anyone else, and we can barely score. Go figure.

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Don't forget that Tynes missed a FG as well, I know it's not fair to pick on him, because he's been awesome, but just thought I'd point that out

Very true. As clutch as Tynes has been, I get a little jealous watching that Zurelein kid in St. Louis hit 50+ yarders with no effort while Tynes struggles with anything past 35.

laylow28
Penalties were the death of the NYG tonight.

Diamondring
Its the story of the 2012 Giants.Yes I agree. You are 100 percent right. We have two big receivers and there should be fades to them. Some of them should be power receivers.

GiantGremlin
12-04-2012, 01:23 AM

We just have a very stubborn coaching staff - it was almost as if Gilbride forgot that we were down at the end...

Parademon
12-04-2012, 01:24 AM

Just like to point out that the snap was high & forced the holder to bring it down quick & that might have disrupted Tynes timing on the kick, 5 trips in the RZ & only 1 TD is what did us in! We put up 7 just 1 more time we win this game. The D got gashed by the run, but so did theirs. AB had over 100 tonite as well. That freak fumble for a TD can't be held against them. I blame the O & the atrocious playcalling by the OC. We should have been throwing on them all night!

gumby74
12-04-2012, 01:29 AM
+1. FG Mania

LT_Hits
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
and how about going for the sticks on 3rd for a conversion. To sit back and watch Eli and these WRs run routes or throw the ball before the first down yardage is also killing drives. Better off sitting in the pocket and waiting for the route to develop and take a sack if not in FG range situations than throwing under the sticks. Your going to punt in both situations, might as well try to get the first down.

ryan12
12-04-2012, 09:51 AM

agreed im so sick and ****ing tired of the giants moving the ball down field putting together good drives then all of the sudden play calling goes to **** and we have to settle for a field goal attempt

BillTheGreek
12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
agreed im so sick and ****ing tired of the giants moving the ball down field putting together good drives then all of the sudden play calling goes to **** and we have to settle for a field goal attempt

^^
Deja-vu

GameTime
12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
yep and penalties at critcle moments.....

ryan12
12-04-2012, 10:11 AM
yep and penalties at critcle moments.....

horrific i was having flashbacks of seattle game years ago

Flip Empty
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Very true. As clutch as Tynes has been, I get a little jealous watching that Zurelein kid in St. Louis hit 50+ yarders with no effort while Tynes struggles with anything past 35.
Only teams with bad offenses need to kick 50 yarders with any regularity. Tynes shouldn't need to line up from that far out.

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
the redzone = the deadzone for the 2012 Giants offense

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Only teams with bad offenses need to kick 50 yarders with any regularity. Tynes shouldn't need to line up from that far out.

We were one of those bad offenses again last night

sideline sneek
12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I think the "flopping around like flounders" award should be passed arount to the defense as well. They sucked too!

Flip Empty
12-04-2012, 10:41 AM
We were one of those bad offenses again last night

That's what's so concerning. It shouldn't be that way - not with the personnel the Giants possess.

The year's top scoring kicker is usually attatched to a team with a bad offense - the Niners won it last year and the Raiders the year before that. This year it's the Giants.

The Giants have a bad offense. Sad.

Rudyy
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
That's what's so concerning. It shouldn't be that way - not with the personnel the Giants possess.The year's top scoring kicker is usually attatched to a team with a bad offense - the Niners won it last year and the Raiders the year before that. This year it's the Giants. The Giants have an inconsistent offense. Sad.Fixed

BillTheGreek
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM

YES ! ^ True, I have been saying this all season Long " because we settled for FG's when we needed TD's ". ! Now we have the Captain but no Ship !

Flip Empty
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Fixed

The offense seems to have more bad games than good.

Eli's thrown 16 touchdowns this year. That's in the bottom half of the league. Romo has more, Rivers has more, three rookies have more. There's nothing good about that.

jakegibbs
12-04-2012, 11:23 AM
The offense seems to have more bad games than good.

Eli's thrown 16 touchdowns this year. That's in the bottom half of the league. Romo has more, Rivers has more, three rookies have more. There's nothing good about that.

If we still had Manningham it would be over 20 TDs. I garantee it..... We don't have the playmakers we had in the past. The 2 rookies that replaced our short yardage TD maker & our #3 WR that always made a few great plays for TD haven't filled the void.

JayMas9
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Our red zone offense concerns me big time right now, even though technically we stalled a little before the redzone. I should say our efficiency when in the other team's half of the field is simply horrid right now. I liked the plan last night overall, but it depended on TDs not FGs. Ball control only works when you score TDs, as you said Moorehead.

UDOWNWJPP
12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I thought they played reasonably well, with the exception of the penalties. The one on the great return by Wilson would have set us up for great field position and the holding call on Beatty on Unicorn's 3rd down catch was a killer as well. Mike Golic was saying on ESPN this morning he couldn't believe how bad JPP looked when went for the dive play and RG III busted out the huge run. I just thought the Redskins played a good game and we had some timely miscues. It's going to take defenses awhile to figure that pistol offense out especially when Morris is running so well. I wanted that throw down the sideline to Nicks on the opening drive so bad. The defense needs the offense to score some points early on and I think they play looser. Also it was really obvious KP wasn't ready to go. Hopefully he's ready for the stretch run.

Flip Empty
12-04-2012, 11:42 AM
If we still had Manningham it would be over 20 TDs. I garantee it..... We don't have the playmakers we had in the past. The 2 rookies that replaced our short yardage TD maker & our #3 WR that always made a few great plays for TD haven't filled the void.
I agree. It's like they're still trying to do what worked last year instead of adapting the scheme to fit the new personnel.

BlueReign
12-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Gilbride needs to get his head out of his ***. Eli was the most accurate I've ever seen him last night. We were SHREDDING that defense, yet we turn to the run to hold a 6 point lead. Don't tell me about our penalties, our DLine was getting held all game and that delay of game was the quickest whistle I've ever seen. Play calling and officiating cost us the game last night. The game has to be called both ways. Just downright pathetic.

JesseJames
12-04-2012, 11:47 AM
when your FG kicker is at the top of the league in scoring it means you have problems scoring TDs when you get in the redzone and this same issue has been going on for years now and its still just as bad as it ever was...

gianta
12-04-2012, 12:03 PM

You are very very correct,and that Has been our story since week 1