PDA

View Full Version : Why are we wasting David Wilson?

GiveWilsonDBall
12-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Why are we wasting the obvious talents of David Wilson? Maybe a screen pass, how about a pitch outside? If we regarded him so highly in the draft, maybe we need to put a little bit more faith in him, especially now! Are the coaches blind to the spark and speed on those kickoff returns? Does one fumble remit you to the doghouse for the year?

egyptian420
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
need I say anymore?

gmen0820
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Until he fumbles once. Then it is the Lumpkin era.

NYKiller
12-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I keep saying that, but the coaches are not listening. What D.W. is doing A.B. can't do because he lack the speed and explosiveness. D.W. should start because he is the best RB on the team.

myles2424
12-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Aaah how ironic, there were a million david wilson=.P.O.S comments this week

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Aaah how ironic, there were a million david wilson=.P.O.S comments this weekright. now no one will act like they labeled him a bust lmfao

SweetZombieJesus
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
That he's the future has always been clear. The question is when.

We bid farewell to Jacobs and Bradshaw is on his last tread.

brad
12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
The question is... is the future now?

egyptian420
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
The question is... is the future now?I certainly hope so...everytime he's on the field I feel like anything could happen. Most explosive guy on this team no doubt.

DINO FLORIDA
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I keep worrying he's gonna come down wrong and shred a knee ligament, or his ankle or achillies. He should find a better, safer way to celebrate his TDs!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I keep worrying he's gonna come down wrong and shred a knee ligament, or his ankle or achillies. He should find a better, safer way to celebrate his TDs!!TC better stop him from doing that!!! Its cool but not cool enough. If he screws himself up, I would be extremely pissed!

ny06
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2lwviat.jpg

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
i look forward to his future with the team but right now his role will obviously expand but TC will still be somewhat cautious and careful with him!

with this game i only hope he doesnt become over confident and forget about the 1 of the real objectives of this game.....holding onto the ball.

i do predict he will make a huge difference in our offense!

joemorrisforprez
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Until he fumbles once. Then it is the Lumpkin era.

LOL!!!!

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Getting hit by defensive players is far more likely to cause an injury than jumping in the air on your own. A backflip is no more potentially damaging than jumping is

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I keep worrying he's gonna come down wrong and shred a knee ligament, or his ankle or achillies. He should find a better, safer way to celebrate his TDs!!

it could be a worry. if TC thinks its too dangerous he will instruct Wilson to try some other less dangerous touchdown celebration!

Toadofsteel
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
How many times did Buck say he was a Triple-jumper in college?

joemorrisforprez
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm not worried about it, but I agree he needs to be cautious....hopefully this will be the last week we see it.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Aaah how ironic, there were a million david wilson=.P.O.S comments this weekHow can he be labeled as a bust when he gets no carries? I already knew what he was capable of, yet he was in TC's doghouse all season until now. TC must be kicking himself.

Cool Papa B.
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
After tonight I'm pretty sure TC will put an end to that TD celebration.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I can't believe this many of you think a guy jumping is that dangerous! Lol

Toadofsteel
12-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Everyone said TC would put a stop to it after that cleveland TD...

DINO FLORIDA
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
It's not a straight up and down jump. Wrong angle, and something can tear. Not worth it!!

I can't believe this many of you think a guy jumping is that dangerous! Lol

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:24 PM
It's not a straight up and down jump. Wrong angle, and something can tear. Not worth it!!

You find me the list of atheletes who have had their careers end because of a poorly angled backflip.

About the worst thing that can happen is he lands on his head. But he has a helmet.

I'm all for preventing players of doing stupid things that risk injury. But a backflip is only slightly more dangerous than Cruz doing the salsa.

GMenOnDeck
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c30cSwjPDk

SweetZombieJesus
Memory is fading but didn't someone about 10 years ago end their season by jumping during a TD celebration? Broken ankle or torn ACL, something like that. Ultimate bone-head move to injure yourself during a celebration and quite the show of HUBRIS.

FIFTY6G-MAN
You find me the list of atheletes who have had their careers end because of a poorly angled backflip.

About the worst thing that can happen is he lands on his head. But he has a helmet.

I'm all for preventing players of doing stupid things that risk injury. But a backflip is only slightly more dangerous than Cruz doing the salsa.Take your Ginka Baloba and then re-visit this thread. Salsa is not even close to a backflip for injuries!

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Memory is fading but didn't someone about 10 years ago end their season by jumping during a TD celebration? Broken ankle or torn ACL, something like that.

Gramatica the kicker tore his acl celebrating by jumping after kicking a FG.

I mean realistically, if we are saying a backflip is too dangerous to be doing, then so is every celebration where a player leaves his feet

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Take your Ginka Baloba and then re-visit this thread. Salsa is not even close to a backflip for injuries!

How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Other teams wil be watching out for the run when wilson is out now.. just makes us more dangerous all around.

Ruttiger711
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
As long as he doesn't "Frerotte" himself I'm good.

mainaman
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
He was doing things like that at VT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXL7zb6zRt8

And one to pump up the blood some more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utG8kVXfqPY

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 09:34 PM
How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?You compared it to the salsa. You dont leave your feet ever, and certainly do not do a flip doing the salsa.

mike kennedy
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM

**** Button. He says He is a little off on his landings.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
You compared it to the salsa. You dont leave your feet ever, and certainly do not do a flip doing the salsa.

How do we know Cruz doesnt twist an ankle doing the salsa?

Exactly, its stupid to be worried about something that would be an absolute freak injury from a backflip or salsa when there are 300 pound defenders trying to drive these guys into the ground every play.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
How do we know Cruz doesnt twist an ankle doing the salsa?

Exactly, its stupid to be worried about something that would be an absolute freak injury from a backflip or salsa when there are 300 pound defenders trying to drive these guys into the ground every play.So, you answer your own question? I usually agree with your point of view, this time I wont. A BACKFLIP IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A SALSA DANCE!! I wont argue this point anymore. You are wrong this time. TC needs to shut it down!

BlueSanta
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Dont worry, the posters would just blame the trainers anyways.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
So, you answer your own question? I usually agree with your point of view, this time I wont. A BACKFLIP IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A SALSA DANCE!! I wont argue this point anymore. You are wrong this time. TC needs to shut it down!

How? I keep asking this. How is jumping in the air more dangerous than a salsa?

Everyone keeps saying it, but the best they can come up with is "he could come down weird and tear up his leg". Which is total crap. Show that happening to any athlete anywhere ever.

Yes, Gramatica tore an ACL jumping straight up in the air.

Perhaps no player should be allowed to move at all in celebration, that would surely prevent injuries.

We are debating things that are like 1 in a million. Its pointless.

If we are that worried about protecting him from everything why let him drive home at night? Thats far more dangerous than doing a backflip

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Slip, you asked and shall get.

your quote
Everyone keeps saying it, but the best they can come up with is "he could come down weird and tear up his leg". Which is total crap. Show that happening to any athlete anywhere ever.

Yes, Gramatica tore an ACL jumping straight up in the air.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
So is the argument you are making that no players shall ever be allowed to jump at all in celebration? Because it is far too dangerous?

Still waiting for this list of athletes that have torn up their legs doing a backflip...

Flip Empty
12-09-2012, 10:03 PM
How is a backflip dangerous? How is it anymore dangerous than any player jumping at any point during a game or in a celebration?
I suppose flipping would generate more momentum. A bad landing could break his ankle. The same could be said for Bradshaw's spike, though.

Wilson is experienced in performing these so it shouldn't be an issue.

frantlj
12-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna give coach some slack here. I don't think it was that one fumble way back when keeping DW off the field. Running backs need to block first in our offense and they weren't about to put him in if they had any concerns about this part of his game. i think it's great he's coming on at the end of the season - opponents don't have much film on him so it's a nice little surprise for everyone!

GO GIANTS!!!!

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM
You guys need to relax....it's not any worse then doing the Lambeau leap and misses the wall and falling on your ankle. The kid has done this for years I think he knows how to land right...

Molossus
12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Wilson's been doing the flip thing since his early school days... He did it all through college too.. No big deal if you ask me.. been doing it for a decade.. If it doesn't worry TC, it doesn't worry me.. If he stops it you know that TC may have said something to him.. Glad to see him getting some touches and happy he shows excitement.. good days ahead.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
So is the argument you are making that no players shall ever be allowed to jump at all in celebration? Because it is far too dangerous?

Still waiting for this list of athletes that have torn up their legs doing a backflip...You want a list? COME ON MAN!! You are being ridiculous. He doesnt need to do that and risk injury, we are already giving him a chance to make a name and we have nobody else to fill in. He is being an idiot doing that crap. I am done discussing it.

Roosevelt
12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
That's the first thing I thought of...he better stop that cause he might hurt himself.

I'm also very concerned that he might start running around the house with scissors.

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 10:09 PM

personally i think the backflip is more dangerous than most celebrations! i mean Wilson could "slip" (pun intended) during his backflip and injure his back or neck area!

i believe TC will discontinue that celebration for safety sake.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
You want a list? COME ON MAN!! You are being ridiculous. He doesnt need to do that and risk injury, we are already giving him a chance to make a name and we have nobody else to fill in. He is being an idiot doing that crap. I am done discussing it.

Yes, Im the one being ridiculous.

But the claim that doing a backflip can seriously injure him with absolutely NO evidence at all what so ever for that claim is perfectly logical.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 10:11 PM
personally i think the backflip is more dangerous than most celebrations! i mean Wilson could "slip" (pun intended) during his backflip and injure his back or neck area!

So could Bennet when he got stuck in the net and almost fell over.

Or hell, someone could get hurt playing football. But lets not be crazy.

Immedately ban all celebrations involving "moving", its just far too dangerous to allow athletes to move. They are clearly just one jump away from breaking every bone in their bodies.

Molossus
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
seriously.. he's not going to get injured doing this.. he has never been injured doing this.. he knows what he is doing.. the coaches knew about this ritual when he was drafted.. clearly no one ever expressed a concern before and told him he shouldn't do it.. why? because not even the coaches feel it's a significant risk.. if it doesn't bother them and neither the coaches nor the player is concerned, then why should it bother others? why don't we just cover all players in bubble wrap when they score to prevent a freak injury? why not carry the players to and from the stadium because clearly they can get injured by twisting a knee walking to the field? crap can happen anytime, anyplace.. lighten up and celebrate the good day he had.. I swear there are too many people who only look to nitpick everything.

GMan-67
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
i am concerned for the negative BUST FANS, they had this guy packing shelves at your favotire grocery market and 2nite he gained more total yards than anyone in the NFL ... im concerned about early brain damage, get yourselves checked out "fans"!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 10:22 PM
You guys need to relax....it's not any worse then doing the Lambeau leap and misses the wall and falling on your ankle. The kid has done this for years I think he knows how to land right...Not gonna relax, he IS our future feature RB. Screw shenanigans, do the job, score and act like you have been ther. Do not jeopardize your career for a basic backflip showing off.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Not gonna relax, he IS our future feature RB. Screw shenanigans, do the job, score and act like you have been ther. Do not jeopardize your career for a basic backflip showing off.

Waiting for proof that he is "jeopardizing his career".

Let me know when you have said evidence.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 10:23 PM
seriously.. he's not going to get injured doing this.. he has never been injured doing this.. he knows what he is doing.. the coaches knew about this ritual when he was drafted.. clearly no one ever expressed a concern before and told him he shouldn't do it.. why? because not even the coaches feel it's a significant risk.. if it doesn't bother them and neither the coaches nor the player is concerned, then why should it bother others? why don't we just cover all players in bubble wrap when they score to prevent a freak injury? why not carry the players to and from the stadium because clearly they can get injured by twisting a knee walking to the field? crap can happen anytime, anyplace.. lighten up and celebrate the good day he had.. I swear there are too many people who only look to nitpick everything.I guess your name clearly is how you think!

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
So could Bennet when he got stuck in the net and almost fell over.

Or hell, someone could get hurt playing football. But lets not be crazy.

Immedately ban all celebrations involving "moving", its just far too dangerous to allow athletes to move. They are clearly just one jump away from breaking every bone in their bodies.

lol! i think most posters and fans are concerned about his celebration because he is a Giant and beginning to look good at this point!

if he did injure himself with that manuever TC might as well quit the team cuz he will be unmercifully crucfied for not stopping it!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Waiting for proof that he is "jeopardizing his career".

Let me know when you have said evidence.I am done with you on this slip.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-09-2012, 10:40 PM
ha ha .. hey f*cktard.. the name is Molossus, not molasses.. Look it up di*k.. I guess you can't read so it clearly shows how u think..

U are a mighty big pu$$y if you think a few flips is jeopardizing his career.. No coach, NOT ONE has ever thought he was jeopardizing anything in the past.. But apparently the FIFTY6G-MAN braintrust thinks so, so lets all tell Wilson that since this moron is worried he must stop anything that could possibly cause harm. Idiots among us..BYE BYE!

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Hopefully we see more of these backflips throughout the rest of this year and career. Its about time....I got tired of seeing Doug Martin and Alfred Morris dancing in the endzone each week and continuing to do so.

GiantRoc
12-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm sure that at least 3 or 4 guys hurt themselves during TD celebrations. Billy White Shoes Johnson for sure, but then again I'm old enough to remember him. I am sure some history buff can come up with a few names. Just hate to have a fluke put Wilson out for even on game.

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm sure that at least 3 or 4 guys hurt themselves during TD celebrations. Billy White Shoes Johnson for sure, but then again I'm old enough to remember him. I am sure some history buff can come up with a few names. Just hate to have a fluke put Wilson out for even on game.

the only real dangerous celebration i can think of is Gus Ferrotte ramming his head into an endzone wall after scoring a td!

he was out several games as a result!

P_Simms_#11
12-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I like it, but it does concern me.

rextilleon
12-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Have you ever seen the Youtube of JPP doing about 30 of those flips in a row.? The one doesnt distrub me.

ashleymarie
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I like it, but it does concern me.

Same here.

TextureDj
12-09-2012, 11:41 PM
In all honesty, I was on the backflips are dangertous side of this at the beginning but Slip got me thiinking.

A lot of people DO get hurt during TD celebrations, the first one to come to mind is Hosely in the Preseason missing the first three regular season games with turf toe due to some gay *** high stepping into the endzone on a pick 6.

Then I started thinking, because Slip said it, how many of these injuries are doing something out of the ordinary? I again go back to the most recent one in my "sphere of give an eff" and come up with Hosely. If that stupid high step caused an injury you either ban TD celebrations of any kind, or you just cant pont a specific finger at the backflip.

Marion Barber not withstanding.

nhpgiantsfan
12-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I just think he should stop because he looks like an ***** when he does it. It's stupid, and childish. Act like you been there before. Same goes for the salsa, IMO.

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 12:58 AM
As far as this Back Flipping Concern, If It's Right or Wrong, It's up to Tom C & the Team Doctor to decide if it's OK . If he's doing it..... I'm sure they must have approved it ! When he scored his first TD and did his back Flip .....I called him "FLIP WILSON" ! A Lot of Posters said the same thing, He better Stop.That he can get badly hurt.....He can tear his ACL, Hurt his Head or Back...I'm sure thats possible, .. But stop and think about it, how Great shape he must be in. I know for a fact, that you can break your ankle, just getting out of Bed in the morning ! Football is a Rough and Violent Sport, It's a Billion dollar business, But People love to watch it, as I do. What about the head injuries ! I think we should be more concerned with that issue. So Giant Fans Enjoy the Win ! We don't get enough of them ! Did this Post put you to Sleep ? As it did me ! All I have to say is! >>>>There’s always somebody saying Wilson can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate Wilson !

GO Giants !

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 01:01 AM
like I mentioned before, he's 21, young and athletic. I don't think he'll be doing them when he's 25. let him do a flip if he wants to.

gmenfan0488
12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Amazing game from the rookie, but we all know the saints have a horrendous defense. Can he continue the production against more stout teams like Baltimore and Atlanta? I believe he can, (not like today's insane numbers, obviously) or at least put defenses on notice, maybe open things up in the passing game. Thoughts?

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
From a Special Teams stand point yes, we have already seen his speed, explosiveness, and burst of what is capable of doing for much of the season. From a Running Back stand point I think we have to see more, im not saying he can't do it but we just have to see it consistently.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I think he's here to stay now. It was about a 50/50 split of the carries overall (although it might have been more bradshaw before he left the field with whatever injury he may have had going on), I don't see why he wouldn't get a decent chunk of carries again. He's also proven he can take it up the middle for a gain despite his diminished stature...

More importantly, I'm seeing Wilson in on passing plays as well. He's more often running routes out of the backfield, but he's proving himself productive in that regard as well. Teams can no longer see him in the backfield and load up the box in response...

giantsfan420
12-10-2012, 01:17 AM
yes

Flip Empty
12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Atlanta and Baltimore are not "stout". Their run D's are bad.

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
From a Special Teams stand point yes, we have already seen his speed, explosiveness, and burst of what is capable of doing for much of the season. From a Running Back stand point I think we have to see more, im not saying he can't do but we just have to see it consistently.

Can wilson continue this?

^^^ I Hope so !

There’s always somebody saying Wilson can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

GO Giants !

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Can wilson continue this?

^^^ I Hope so !

There’s always somebody saying Wilson can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

GO Giants !

I never said that he couldn't do, I believe he can do it but we are going to have to see it more consistently and not just base everything off of one game from a RB standpoint. David Wilson has been consistent on special teams this year.

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 01:36 AM
I never said that he couldn't do, I believe he can do it but we are going to have to see it more consistently and not just base everything off of one game from a RB standpoint. David Wilson has been consistent on special teams this year.

OK....Sorry.....So we both Agree, On Positive things for Wilson .

CDN_G-FAN
12-10-2012, 01:38 AM
he can continue it, but the returns this week had as much to do with the saints special teams as it did Wilson.

he went about 4 games without a really decent return (up until last week).

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 01:45 AM
and some of you this kid has no vision,,he doesn't get, etc., etc. REALLY? just had to give the kid a legitimate chance and boom.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Week-14-David-Wilson-highlights/cb464f31-4760-4cbd-99b0-3ab1923be264

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Any player could get hurt at any time yes, but to stop him from doing backflips during a celebration is not going to happen. If you stop him, then you need to stop Bradshaw from jumping in the air and spiking the ball. You also need to stop guys from dunking the ball over the foul post and also guys from leaping in the stands.. Point being, 1 in a million change he will hurt himself doing that, like any other celebration so its a moot point..

TheShouldersOf
12-10-2012, 02:43 AM
a lot of people like to throw around 'Key Words', i wonder how many have actually played a running back position apart from backyard games

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 02:45 AM
I really wish the internet here at work didn't block so much crap!

TheAussieGiant
12-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Was fantastic to see Wilson play like he did. The return team did fantastic, everyone made their blocks, no whiffs and the kid just explodes through the gaps. Awesome to see.

I would have loved to see him put his head down on the 3rd return and try and push straight through the punter instead of trying to squeeze past him. But Wilson probably through he had a shot to beat him with pure speed again.

Great performance against a dangerous Saints team.

stormblue
12-10-2012, 03:34 AM
i don't know if it's dangerous.....but it looks as stupid as the salsa.

i just don't like contrived childish exhibitions of "looka-me ! , looka-me ! celebrations with oneself.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 03:36 AM

i just don't like childish exhibitions of "looka-me ! , looka-me ! celebrations with oneself.spare me....the kid is 21 and just had a big day. Let him have some fun. He was riding the pine all year.

RagTime Blue
12-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Big fan of him as a pick and of his body of work so far. Still, I'd like to see a bit more consistency from scrimmage and not "All-Or-Nothing" every time he touches the ball. I guess that comes with experience.

BTW, check out the official give Wilson a handshake after that first return of the video. Don't know why I find that funny.

stormblue
12-10-2012, 03:44 AM
spare me....the kid is 21 and just had a big day. Let him have some fun. He was riding the pine all year.

actually , he plays every game.....and tonight wasn't his 1st touchdown.
and i have always been against players acting like a fool after scoring a touchdown.
i have posted about it before.....just because its a NY Giant doing it doesn't change my opinion.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 03:44 AM
But the play that Manning enjoyed seeing the most was one that most didn't even notice.
"I said to him, 'Your best play was picking up that three-safety blitz on a play-action,'" Manning said.
Of all the things Wilson did on his record-breaking coming-out party, the rookie may be most proud of that.

this is a tidbit from an article on espn.com....eli referring to wilson's pick up of the blitz.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 03:53 AM
actually , he plays every game.....and tonight wasn't his 1st touchdown.
and i have always been against players acting like a fool after scoring a touchdown.
i have posted about it before.....just because its a NY Giant doing it doesn't change my opinion.Yeah cause you wouldn't celebrate a touchdown in front of 80,000 people...come on man.

TheShouldersOf
12-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Best play of the Night, Pass Protection, something that Wilson is Horrid At

that made me smile

TheShouldersOf
12-10-2012, 05:04 AM
i did and still do what Barry did,

I Love Wilson, but it's going to become like the Salsa, a contrived notion,

MikeyMike01
12-10-2012, 05:12 AM
This thread is embarrassing.

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:15 AM
Sounds a little, you know...ridiculous!

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Even TC said the kid done good!

nhpgiantsfan
12-10-2012, 11:04 AM

i just don't like contrived childish exhibitions of "looka-me ! , looka-me ! celebrations with oneself.

I completley agree with this. What ever happened to just spiking the ball, ala Bradshaw.

When it gets to the point that your teamates have to wait and stay out of your way before they can congradulate you, so you can do your "trademark" touchdown move, it becomes weak in my opinion.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I completley agree with this. What ever happened to just spiking the ball, ala Bradshaw.

When it gets to the point that your teamates have to wait and stay out of your way before they can congradulate you, so you can do your "trademark" touchdown move, it becomes weak in my opinion.

Seriously?

Let them have fun; this isn't boot camp.

RagTime Blue
12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
But the play that Manning enjoyed seeing the most was one that most didn't even notice.
"I said to him, 'Your best play was picking up that three-safety blitz on a play-action,'" Manning said.
Of all the things Wilson did on his record-breaking coming-out party, the rookie may be most proud of that.

this is a tidbit from an article on espn.com....eli referring to wilson's pick up of the blitz.

Well, with all due respect, that was the play that kept Manning from eating turf. I can see why #10 would be most happy with THAT play.

A good play, I'm sure (although I don't recall it). But not his best of the night.

manning to shockey
12-10-2012, 11:21 AM
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/sheaminator/simoncontent.gif

cken
12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/419529_o.gif

blueomaha
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/peppi211/tumblr_m8jnvliqtz1r7qsdw.gif

BlueJayC
12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m87g9v5DQK1qgfmalo1_500.gif

C1010
12-10-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/60/rtdllg.gif

Giants5699
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
He is a clone of Tiki.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
He is a clone of Tiki.

Does that mean i'm a clone of Harooni?

Ruttiger711
12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
He is a clone of Tiki.

Not a knock on Tiki, but he was NEVER that fast.

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
He is a clone of Tiki.

What?

No he isn't. He is much more explosive / faster then Tiki. He just needs to learn how to see the whole field and where his blocks are and wait for them to develop. He looked 100% better last night and is on the right path.

dezzzR
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Wow, Jernigan laaaid a lb out on Wilsons last big return. Impressive

dnotch121
12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
LMAO OMG im sorry i dont have a gif but these are hilarius

Mistanihan
12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
So happy he had his breakout night.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s207/sullypython/Gifs/Chuck_Norris_Approves1.gif

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 12:38 PM
http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/1/14/Yippee-1.gif

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 12:39 PM
So happy he had his breakout night.it was only a matter of time, these coaches would have you think that this guy is a major bust.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view2/2043309/epic-win-o.gif

eastbayblue
12-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Anyone notice on Wilson's TD kick off return, the blatant block in the back by Tryon that wasn't flagged? Couldn't believe it...

TarheelKen
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Not if the coaching staff nails his backside to the bench again. He's going to have to play more and receive a reasonable number of touches, both of which, I think, he's earned. (And, by "reasonable number of touches" I mean close to 50% of them if Bradshaw is healthy. If Bradshaw isn't healthy, then he needs to carry the load.)

Line Coach
12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1439296&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/1439296/mc-hammer-u-can-t-touch-this.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

44#1
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Regular season, maybe. Playoffs is a different level. That's #44 time! He's the best playoff rb in the NFL.

manning to shockey
12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae60/bofish_ani_lee/OMG.gif

P_Simms_#11
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
They're all good, but i like the one with the guy from The Office the best!

Giantz4Life
12-10-2012, 03:10 PM
My row at the game

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ace-ventura-dancing.gif

eastbayblue
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Anyone else notice on Wilson's TD kick off return, the blatant block in the back by Tryon that wasn't flagged? Couldn't believe it...

pj18
12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes. Got away with one there.

lcra0825
12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I noticed it to but it was pretty far from the play. If it was called Tyron would be in trouble because the block didnt help at all

Ruttiger711
12-10-2012, 03:45 PM
I've rewatched that quite a few times and all I can look at is when he hits about the 11 yard line, the ridiculous - RIDICULOUS - acceleration that he just kicked on... "turbo" is actually a very good name for him.

dave56dj
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Its not far away from the play at all - in fact it was pretty close - Tryon is inches away from getting called and even looks up at the refs immediately to see if they called it. Close to hitting his shoulder on the side close to a block in the back - he got the call - i'll take it.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I've rewatched that quite a few times and all I can look at is when he hits about the 11 yard line, the ridiculous - RIDICULOUS - acceleration that he just kicked on... "turbo" is actually a very good name for him.he's patient and wait for the blocks and holes to open up, then he accelerates, that's what good RBs do

ashleymarie
12-10-2012, 03:51 PM
The TD stood, wasn't called back. I had to remind myself to breathe. LOL

cken
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
My row at the game

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ace-ventura-dancing.gif

This was me and my row as they played Gangnam Style over the Metlife PA:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/219/1/f/oppa_gangnam_style_gif_by_kaleidoscopeeye-d5a4q6q.gif

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Well, with all the shady calls we we've been getting all year everytime we have a decent return on ST. I'd say we're due to finally have one go our way. ;)

Ruttiger711
12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
he's patient and wait for the blocks and holes to open up, then he accelerates, that's what good RBs do

It seemed to get away from him for a little while... almost to where he was being too patient. He definitely looked, saw an opening and flew, no overthinking.

It didnt hurt that he could field it at the 3 instead of halfway into the endzone too.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 04:19 PM
wilson is the first giant since 1947 to have a kickoff return for a td and a rushing td in the same game.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
wilson is the first giant since 1947 to have a kickoff return for a td and a rushing td in the same game.since 1947? that's pathetic lol

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
And to think the NFL wants to due away with kick off returns....

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
And to think the NFL wants to due away with kick off returns....

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/645/media/images/Greg_Schiano.jpg

Thank this tit.

ebick
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I saw it....they got us back later with that ridiculous holding call on Bradshaw.

BigBlue wins
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I saw it....they got us back later with that ridiculous holding call on Bradshaw.

Hey man, dont mean to call you out but it was holding.

keyofgmen
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Likely move this thread, but I had a hunch (2nd time this season...1st time was a bust) that Wilson would bust loose. I started him in FF playoffs and he saved me!!! Thanks Flipper!! As fast and elusive as the marine mammal!!

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I just picked him up during that insane performance, but my playoffs starts next week and I'm not sure if I should start him. I will monitor AB's status this week and see what the coaches say about the the share of carries.

I got Spiller (who will now see more carries because Fred Jackson is out for the year) and then I got to choose between Wilson/Sproles

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/645/media/images/Greg_Schiano.jpg

Thank this tit.

yo,,in the one eagles forum they refer to this guy as "the shaved chimp",,how funny is that?

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
It seemed to get away from him for a little while... almost to where he was being too patient. He definitely looked, saw an opening and flew, no overthinking.

It didnt hurt that he could field it at the 3 instead of halfway into the endzone too.

and to think that many on this board as soon as last week were saying this kid has no vision,,doesn't get,,,,lol...good call,,you know who you are.

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm gonna give coach some slack here. I don't think it was that one fumble way back when keeping DW off the field. Running backs need to block first in our offense and they weren't about to put him in if they had any concerns about this part of his game. i think it's great he's coming on at the end of the season - opponents don't have much film on him so it's a nice little surprise for everyone!

GO GIANTS!!!!
I agree...I love how he's coming onto the scene now of all times. Right before the playoffs. Teams don't really have any tape on this guy or know much about him, he's basically done nothing but returns all year. I hope he's our playoff secret weapon.

G-Men4Supes
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
David Wilson leads all NFL players with 16.9 yards/touch. Smaller sample size than the other guys on the top 10 list, but still promising.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM

Thank this tit.

Not just a tit, but a hypocrite...
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/73288_770441098250_423320425_n.jpg

P_Simms_#11
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
IIRC the last one was Hixon against the Cowboys. I am thinking 2009 season?

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
How can he be labeled as a bust when he gets no carries? I already knew what he was capable of, yet he was in TC's doghouse all season until now. TC must be kicking himself.

This is what I was saying all along. Guy never got his chance until the Saints game.

Also, that studying with Hynocerous about pass protection paid off. He actually did hold his own when he had a blocking assignment. Not anywhere near Bradshaw's levels, but now defenses can't just load up the box whenever Wilson is on the field... they have to respect the pass.

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
need I say anymore?

Yes because this was a lousy post ... it failed to entertain.

But I agree with it 100% :D

ebick
12-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Hey man, dont mean to call you out but it was holding.

Really? I saw Bradshaw diving toward the guy coming in and his hand brush up on the guys leg.....did I miss it?

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes because this was a lousy post ... it failed to entertain.

But I agree with it 100% :DLol I felt his performance was enough entertainment

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Not just a tit, but a hypocrite...
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/73288_770441098250_423320425_n.jpgI know he's a hardass, but I actually kinda like Schiano.

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
This is just a few Posts, said about Wilson 4 months ago ! Do you remember what you said ? You know who you are !

David Wilson sets upgoals in locker
Eliscruzzz (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?16158-David-Wilson-sets-upgoals-in-locker-gt-gt-gt-gt/page2HYPERLINKmember.php?140320-Eliscruzzz) 9/2/2012>> 2:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...his-2012-goals (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16611/rookie-wilson-sets-his-2012-goals) I love this kid he is going to be special this year. s*** I did it again I meant David my bad.
================================================== =====
BillTheGreek (http://boards.giants.com/member.php?138062-BillTheGreek) 9/2/2012 >>12:26 PM
I Like Wilson's goals ! ......................
.• No fumbles
• Gain 5 yards per carry
• Score at least 10 touchdowns
• Allow no sacks on his behalf
• Have at least one play of 20 yards or more per game
• Rush for 100 yards in at least six games

Now can the G-Men help him achieve these goals ?
================================================== =============
GiantWarfare (http://boards.giants.com/member.php?56252-GiantWarfare) 9/12/2012>>> 2:57PM
This is absolutely awesome. Kid seems very humble, and very focused/intelligent. Looks like we snagged another gem guys, not only as a player but character-wise as well. Wishing for nothing but fulfillment for DWilson this season.

nhpgiantsfan
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Ok, it's just one game. Perspective people.. Lets hope it continues. But it's a little premature for the "I told you so" threads...

NYG4lifeNYK
12-10-2012, 08:44 PM
...to sit on the bench behind Eli and rot :)

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-10-2012, 08:46 PM
...to sit on the bench behind Eli and rot :)So Eli is ahead of Wilson on the positional charts? Way to Go ELI!!! You are a better back than Wilson. :cool:

Broadway Blue
12-10-2012, 08:49 PM
So Eli is ahead of Wilson on the positional charts? Way to Go ELI!!! You are a better back than Wilson. :cool:

Are we starting to become the NY Jets with the running back Tim Tebow???

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Are we starting to become the NY Jets with the running back Tim Tebow???Looks that way.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Are we starting to become the NY Jets with the running back Tim Tebow???Wilson = Tebow, at least it was that way in the beginning of the season, but it seems Wilson is now getting more playing time than tebow.

GiveWilsonDBall
12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Thank you for listening this week! For you Wilson doubters, this is only the beginning. I'm telling you, this kid is the real deal! Give Wilson the ball!

BillTheGreek
12-11-2012, 03:20 AM
need I say anymore?

+100% ^^
^^ No need, to Say no More ! ^^

Never underestimate Wilson or the Giants !

Flip Empty
12-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Cruz was not a rookie last year.

And what's with merging all the Wilson threads?