PDA

View Full Version : Should have went for it on fourth and 11

NYGiantsFan56
12-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Coughlin should have known we where never getting ball back. Couldn't do a 3 and out all night what made him think he would do it with 3 minutes left. Ball at midfield or so and should have went for it on 4th and 11. If we missed game was over and same result. Now we are up against the wall with the toughest schedule. Doesn't look good my friends

Diamondring
12-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Yes he should cause Giants have powerful offense. Yet it would have been real risky with RG3 so Giants would have to treat it as a run play almost every time.

GMenOnDeck
12-04-2012, 12:31 AM
4 and 16 hmm Idk I think he mad eright call

NYGiantsFan56
12-04-2012, 12:31 AM
If it worked Redskins would have fell apart and we win. If it failed they ould have just ran out the clock like they did. sounds like Coughlin screwed up on that one. no guarantee but worth the try.

NYGiantsFan56
12-04-2012, 12:33 AM
4 and 16 hmm Idk I think he mad eright call
disagree. we where never getting ball back and skins where going to run out clock. No risk gamble IMO

Diamondring
12-04-2012, 12:38 AM
4 and 16 hmm Idk I think he mad eright callOh then you are right don't want to risk injury.

elitocruz
12-04-2012, 12:42 AM
agree. after the running into the kicker penalty, made it 4th and 11, instead of 16, i said they had to go for it. so... you miss and they run out the clock from mid field instead of the 20/30. we actually should've let them run one all the way early in that last possesion to get it back down 8. still better odds than making a stop. and getting back back with 20 seconds.
Coughlin should have known we where never getting ball back. Couldn't do a 3 and out all night what made him think he would do it with 3 minutes left. Ball at midfield or so and should have went for it on 4th and 11. If we missed game was over and same result. Now we are up against the wall with the toughest schedule. Doesn't look good my friends

FishinTheSalt
12-04-2012, 12:46 AM
yeah we should have, however we lost in every aspect of the game. outcoached, out smarted, defense was pityful, offense did ok, spec teams horrendous. we were just beat in every way. can't look at just one de cision on one play. penalties etc. ugly football all together!!! agree though, definitely should have went for it.

Harooni
12-04-2012, 12:47 AM
no , we should have been more aggressive on third and 20 with 4 min left. then maybe it would have been 4th and short. or 1st down. no guarantee but to give up and call that conservative bs come on.

TheBookOfEli
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
I knew once we were punting the ball back to Washington, the game was over. The whole team sucked tonight. Offensive playcalling was bad and the penalties were brutal. Defense still cannot stop a rookie running back. Lawrence Tynes with missed field goal.

I hate how inconsistent this team is.

Diamondring
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
yeah we should have, however we lost in every aspect of the game. outcoached, out smarted, defense was pityful, offense did ok, spec teams horrendous. we were just beat in every way. can't look at just one de cision on one play. penalties etc. ugly football all together!!! agree though, definitely should have went for it.Oh come on man, stop looking at RG3 as just a qb. He is a man first and that man can run and even play more than one position. I had to do that when I was young. I played many positions. I was a qb, a receiver, rb went after the qb etc etc.

FishinTheSalt
12-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Oh come on man, stop looking at RG3 as just a qb. He is a man first and that man can run and even play more than one position. I had to do that when I was young. I played many positions. I was a qb, a receiver, rb went after the qb etc etc.

so what are you saying come on for, rg3 played great. his fake hand offs fooled everyone including me. at least a dozen times I wasn't sure if he handed the ball off or not until whoever had the ball was 5 yards down the field or he was chucking it. you telling me you you knew? rg3 has serious skills, if we don't plan for him, he's gonna be whippin up on us for a long time. we played right into their hands all night.

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 01:45 AM
I knew once we were punting the ball back to Washington, the game was over. The whole team sucked tonight. Offensive playcalling was bad and the penalties were brutal. Defense still cannot stop a rookie running back. Lawrence Tynes with missed field goal.

I hate how inconsistent this team is.

Me too man. With our experience winning 2 SBs, you would think this team would flex some championship mettle & have a killer instinct vs inferior opponents. Drives me nuts!

Diamondring
12-04-2012, 02:16 AM
so what are you saying come on for, rg3 played great. his fake hand offs fooled everyone including me. at least a dozen times I wasn't sure if he handed the ball off or not until whoever had the ball was 5 yards down the field or he was chucking it. you telling me you you knew? rg3 has serious skills, if we don't plan for him, he's gonna be whippin up on us for a long time. we played right into their hands all night.Look, I'm just going to use Brady. How long has he been in the NFL and kept on producing? Now what you need to understand that some players are good. Jerry Rice been in the NFL for a long time and has a lot of success. You can talk about planning all you want but you still need players to perform. RG3 is also young and could get faster as well. We might not be able to get players for him for years to come. Hopefully he gets old fast and his running skillz and ability decreases.

egyptian420
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM

I hate how inconsistent this team is.this

BillTheGreek
12-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Should have went for it on fourth and 11 (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?24314-Should-have-went-for-it-on-fourth-and-11/page2)

Now we can say yes ! But at the time, It's a gutsy call.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
yeah we should have, however we lost in every aspect of the game. outcoached, out smarted, defense was pityful, offense did ok, spec teams horrendous. we were just beat in every way. can't look at just one de cision on one play. penalties etc. ugly football all together!!! agree though, definitely should have went for it.The defense was pitiful? Please explain how they were pitiful.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Me too man. With our experience winning 2 SBs, you would think this team would flex some championship mettle & have a killer instinct vs inferior opponents. Drives me nuts!+1