PDA

View Full Version : Playoff tool shows we NEED to win out

Overdrive92
12-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I believe in my heart that the Redskins are going to win the rest of their games. They play:

Week 14 - vs. Ravens
Week 15 - at Browns
Week 16 - at Eagles
Week 17 - vs. Cowboys

The Ravens are frauds IMO. Barely beat the Steelers with Leftwich and needed a miracle to beat San Diego. I don't see a game they lose there.

So, if you run it all through ESPN's cool Playoff predictor machine you see:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

We NEED to win out or Washington wins the division. Because they will finish with a better division record than us.

egyptian420
12-04-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm not entirely sure if that's the case, but I'm even less sure about Deihl playing for the rest of the season....I'm extremely unsure about that

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Yeah I agree with you on that. Ravens couldn't even beat Old Bones Batch in their own stadium. RG3 is going to tear them to shreds.

Overdrive92
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
We are 2-3 in the division. If we assume we beat Philly in the final week, we'll finish with a 3-3 division record.

Washington is currently 3-1 in the division. So you see...we're in trouble. Because I see no way that the Skins lose to BOTH the Eagles and Cowboys. They're going to finish with a better division record. Meaning we NEED to finish with a better overall record than them.

NYfanatic
12-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Actually a weaker schedule could be as bad as a tough one. Good teams like the falcons/ravens will be resting more, If you think the ravens suck we should beat them. Biggest thing at the end of the year are bad teams looking to upset teams. Like the Browns/Eagles/Cowboys. You sure bet those team will play the skins tough. Plus the ravens might be angry and looking at the skins as a punching bag hopefully like we view the saints

P_Simms_#11
12-04-2012, 01:34 AM
I think T. Suggs is out with an injury also.

Overdrive92
12-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Actually a weaker schedule could be as bad as a tough one. Good teams like the falcons/ravens will be resting more, If you think the ravens suck we should beat them. Biggest thing at the end of the year are bad teams looking to upset teams. Like the Browns/Eagles/Cowboys. You sure bet those team will play the skins tough. Plus the ravens might be angry and looking at the skins as a punching bag hopefully like we view the saints

I do think we can beat the Ravens. But there's no denying that we have a much tougher schedule than the Skins. We are going to need to win out, and that will be tough to do.

egyptian420
12-04-2012, 01:37 AM
I think T. Suggs is out with an injury also.That Paul Kruger guy they got replacing him is pretty good too. T. Suggs wasn't really 100% after coming back from that injury, he hasn't done much since he's come back.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
I think the season may be over if this is the case,,we can't pull a rabbit out of our hat every year,,sorry to say it.

stormblue
12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
that's right , we lose all the tie-breakers to the Skins AND the Cowboys.

P_Simms_#11
12-04-2012, 01:39 AM
That Paul Kruger guy they got replacing him is pretty good too. T. Suggs wasn't really 100% after coming back from that injury, he hasn't done much since he's come back.

True. And yes, Kruger does look pretty good.

NYfanatic
12-04-2012, 01:40 AM
No way the boys beat the Bengals, Steelers, Saints then the skins to be any threat. They have a tougher road then us.

Overdrive92
12-04-2012, 01:41 AM

Terrible. Although Dallas doesn't concern me because their schedule isn't easy, so they're guaranteed to lose more games. This race is between us and the Skins.

Time to become a hardcore Ravens fan this weekend.

BMW
12-04-2012, 01:43 AM
The redskins will not win out, they are 6-6 for a reason, what makes you think that? They beat us big deal, any team can win or lose to the giants not named 49ers,patriots and green bay, they beat the eagles, cowboys and saints who were terrible.

mommy2dylan
12-04-2012, 01:43 AM
How do we lose tie breaker to cowboys .... We split season series and at best will end up with the same sDivision record ....

GiantWarfare
12-04-2012, 01:44 AM
I have no faith in the Ravens. I dont think they're as good as ppl think they are. I'd love it if they can do us a favor but I think RG3/Morris will shred that defense.

We're in big trouble here...

nycisgreat
12-04-2012, 01:46 AM
That not happening. I won't be surprised if we lose at least two. One lost coming next week.

GiantWarfare
12-04-2012, 01:48 AM
We're just in time for the annual slaughter at the hands of Brees.

Overdrive92
12-04-2012, 01:48 AM
The redskins will not win out, they are 6-6 for a reason, what makes you think that? They beat us big deal, any team can win or lose to the giants not named 49ers,patriots and green bay, they beat the eagles, cowboys and saints who were terrible.

Who do they lose to? It's possible the Skins can be upset by someone like Cleveland or Philly, I mean, it is the NFL. But I doubt it.

That not happening. I won't be surprised if we lose at least two. One lost coming next week.

And if that happens, then we're not going to the Playoffs.

Harooni
12-04-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm not entirely sure if that's the case, but I'm even less sure about Deihl playing for the rest of the season....I'm extremely unsure about that oh boy forgot about that.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 01:51 AM
The Giants always do this. We will come out hungry and beat the Saints. I don't see the redskins running the table. We will make it excruciatingly close, but in the end we will win the division.

TheBookOfEli
I guarantee this: We will BEAT Atlanta. Other games not so sure.

Harooni
we play like this and we will surely be playoff tools

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 01:54 AM
we play like this and we will surely be playoff toolsKnowing the Giants, I had a feeling we would either lose this game and beat the Saints, or vice versa. I like our chances, new orleans doesn't have alfred morris on their team.

Overdrive92
12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Knowing the Giants, I had a feeling we would either lose this game and beat the Saints, or vice versa. I like our chances, new orleans doesn't have alfred morris on their team.

We made Isaac Redman look like a HOF'er.

What makes you think Chris Ivory can't stomp all over us?

Harooni
12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Knowing the Giants, I had a feeling we would either lose this game and beat the Saints, or vice versa. I like our chances, new orleans doesn't have alfred morris on their team. yeah but they have breeze and our lb's and db's cant cover.

TomCat_FIN
12-04-2012, 01:57 AM
I have no doubt in my that we won't beat the Saints and the Falcons.

This team always does the same thing. It's their biggest flaw, but as long as they win, it doesn't really matter.

They need to be challenged, they need their backs put against the wall to start fighting. I fully expect them to win the next 3 games, all against teams that people think are better than the Giants. That's when they strike.

Eliscruzzz
12-04-2012, 01:59 AM
The Giants piss me off lol....they had a chance tonight to put a strangle hold on the division and thud .....they lose now watch they will pound the Saints on Sunday. I don't know what it is but I can always feel when this team is going to lose and I felt that tonight. Now I have that feeling that they are going to pound the Saints on Sunday. The fact remains we control our own destiny we win out we win the division that's all. They are very capable off going on a 4 game winning streak.
Falcon
Saints
Eagles
Ravens
We can do this guys please don't give up hope.

Eliscruzzz
12-04-2012, 02:00 AM
I have no doubt in my that we won't beat the Saints and the Falcons.

This team always does the same thing. It's their biggest flaw, but as long as they win, it doesn't really matter.

They need to be challenged, they need their backs put against the wall to start fighting. I fully expect them to win the next 3 games, all against teams that people think are better than the Giants. That's when they strike. We will beat the SAINTS!!! and the Falcons....Giants are very capable everyone one needs to chill.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 02:11 AM
We made Isaac Redman look like a HOF'er.

What makes you think Chris Ivory can't stomp all over us?The Saints running scheme isnt as good as the redskins, which we struggled against. I cant imagine Ivory bulldozing us the way Morris did.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 02:11 AM
yeah but they have breeze and our lb's and db's cant cover.Who knows. Brees just might throw five picks ;)

GiantGremlin
12-04-2012, 02:13 AM
I believe in my heart that the Redskins are going to win the rest of their games. They play:

Week 14 - vs. Ravens
Week 15 - at Browns
Week 16 - at Eagles
Week 17 - vs. Cowboys

The Ravens are frauds IMO. Barely beat the Steelers with Leftwich and needed a miracle to beat San Diego. I don't see a game they lose there.

So, if you run it all through ESPN's cool Playoff predictor machine you see:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

We NEED to win out or Washington wins the division. Because they will finish with a better division record than us.

So you see the Redskins winning their final 4 games, on top of their current 3 game winning steak? That would be ending their season on a 7 game winning steak which is highly unlikely. Secondly, the Ravens are coming off a nasty loss to Pitt,and are catching the Skins who will be coming off a super emotional win on a short week - I think they will lose next week & then drop one of the remaining 3 to finish off 8-8...Also I see the Giants rallying big time, remember they lost to the Skins late in 2007, and last year before they made their SB runs...not saying it's a guarantee, but there's still plenty of football left.

gmen0820
12-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Yeah because rookie led teams are so stable and consistent, right?

joemorrisforprez
12-04-2012, 02:17 AM
That Redskins defense is hot garbage.......it's a disgrace that the Giants didn't just curbstomp them tonight.

Sooner or later, teams are just going to tell their defense to tackle RG3 on every play action.