PDA

View Full Version : Beckum

sunsgiants
12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure we can all assume that Ballard will not play against the Jets. Along with the fact that Pascoe is ailing. it's time for Beckum to step up. Although both are recovering from injuries they participated in drills yesterday; only Beckum has stated he would be ready to play. He said: “I’m ready to go,” Beckum said after practicing Wednesday. “Definitely.” Coughlin doesn't feel very optimistic about his return and might add a TE. However, it's time Beckum finally showed up. I think this upcoming game will be his last litmus test to prove his worth. I really hope he can contribute since the Jets haven't done well covering TEs. I'm gonna believe in him for just one more week. He better back up his words.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/sports/football/hobbled-tight-ends-put-giants-in-a-bind.html

Gmen2005
12-22-2011, 03:04 PM
more of this please

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Travis+Beckum+Detroit+Lions+v+New+York+Giants+F7bH SMigFhYl.jpg

sunsgiants
12-22-2011, 08:15 PM
lol he scores like one touchdown per season

RoanokeFan
12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
It's long since past time for Beckum to step up. This could be to our benefit if we have Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz on the field at the same time more. Of course, Manningham hasn't been practicing so who knows if he'll play. Should he not, Barden will be the guy to watch.

miked1958
12-22-2011, 08:24 PM
We need to use Barden like aTE. Send him out for the short to medium passes needed on 3 rd downs

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Call me crazy, but I have faith in Beckum this weekend.

fourth&forever
12-22-2011, 10:24 PM
We need to use Barden like aTE. Send him out for the short to medium passes needed on 3 rd downs
Barden in traffic. good call.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2011, 10:42 PM

Barden can't block like a TE so you can expect to see the RBs and Hynoski as more permanent fixtures in the backfield for blitz pick ups.

scf424
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
They need to try that seam route to Beckum like they did against GB.

Especially with Leonard out at S, and the Jets inability to cover TEs.

RoanokeFan
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Call me crazy, but I have faith in Beckum this weekend.

No we'll call you optimistic. On Sunday, maybe crazy [;)]

giantsfan420
12-23-2011, 12:31 AM

Barden can't block like a TE so you can expect to see the RBs and Hynoski as more permanent fixtures in the backfield for blitz pick ups.

KG was asked if Barden would be used to run the routes the TE would run on passing downs and he said yes they had worked on it and he could be used like that.

Barden would not actually play as TE and line up with his hands on the ground, they'd just probably have him off the line in a slot position or a tight psition and have him run the routes Ballard was running.

Which I think is a good idea, between Barden and Beckum we should be able to field some one to take up where Ballard left off and who knows maybe one of them light it up I certainly wouldnt be surprised if Barden kills it bc he's been doing well when giving the chance

sunsgiants
12-23-2011, 01:39 AM
I recall Christian Hopkins being on the practice squad. I wonder if Coughlin will add him to the roster. I don't like the guy. Apparently he retired and then unretired (if that is even a word) in a very short span. That doesn't give me good vibes from him at all. Any reason why he suddenly retired and just as suddenly decided to unretire?

GameTime
12-23-2011, 01:44 AM

KG was asked if Barden would be used to run the routes the TE would run on passing downs and he said yes they had worked on it and he could be used like that. Barden would not actually play as TE and line up with his hands on the ground, they'd just probably have him off the line in a slot position or a tight psition and have him run the routes Ballard was running. Which I think is a good idea, between Barden and Beckum we should be able to field some one to take up where Ballard left off and who knows maybe one of them light it up I certainly wouldnt be surprised if Barden kills it bc he's been doing well when giving the chance</P>

I mentioned the same thing in another thread. I figured they would use Barden on the same routes....or similar routes anyway...</P>

Look for a few more dumps or flat passes to Hynoski</P>

miked1958
12-23-2011, 06:55 PM

KG was asked if Barden would be used to run the routes the TE would run on passing downs and he said yes they had worked on it and he could be used like that.

Barden would not actually play as TE and line up with his hands on the ground, they'd just probably have him off the line in a slot position or a tight psition and have him run the routes Ballard was running.

Which I think is a good idea, between Barden and Beckum we should be able to field some one to take up where Ballard left off and who knows maybe one of them light it up I certainly wouldnt be surprised if Barden kills it bc he's been doing well when giving the chance
This

Gmen2005
12-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Barden was a better blocker than Beckum.