PDA

View Full Version : How is anyone not talking about the first down that RG3 never got.

BMW
12-04-2012, 02:27 AM
I don't want to watch the game again but I believe it was in the 3rd quarter RG3 ran for about 7-8 yds on a 1st and 10 and got a first down. Now I am not saying that it's the reason we lost the game but how the hell does something like that go unnoticed by both the refs and our coaches is beyond me.

BMW
12-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Here you go thanks to G-MENBK
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9PhUcMCUAAm4yt.jpg:large

ashleymarie
12-04-2012, 02:34 AM
I don't want to watch the game again but I believe it was in the 3rd quarter RG3 ran for about 7-8 yds on a 1st and 10 and got a first down. Now I am not saying that it's the reason we lost the game but how the hell does something like that go unnoticed by both the refs and our coaches is beyond me.

I agree with you. But Coughlin stood on the sidelines and looked defeated long before the game was over. We badly needed his head in the game.

rs1157bkny
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM

Hi. Actually that's my tweeted pic I took on my TV. Terrible Spot. If I was able to see that full speed and no one on the field can, the Giants need to hire someone watching by monitor . Make it a fan that watches all the time.

Harooni
12-05-2012, 12:02 AM
would it make you feel better if they ran morris on 2nd and 1 ? it really didnt matter. wasnt worth a challenge.

Broadway Blue
12-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I thought I was still seeing the replacement refs

rs1157bkny
12-05-2012, 12:24 AM
would it make you feel better if they ran morris on 2nd and 1 ? it really didnt matter. wasnt worth a challenge.

That play was 2nd and 7. So 3rd and 1 if they hold them then instead of driving for a go ahead TD, they punt to the Giants unless they go for it on 4th. And it isn't even that. I know refs mess up but how isn't a foot being out of bounds seen by anyone? Even the players running after him didn't complain.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
12-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Wow that is horrible. That no call on Bennett hurt too. We played two teams last night. Whatever, they owe us a call.

hungrrrry
12-05-2012, 05:46 AM

Someone can doublecheck this rule but the way I understand it...the ball spot can only be challenged on 3rd down or 4th down try and/or turnover. So if it was 1st and 10 then they won't review it. It allows corruption of the game and yes, I saw and made mention of that bull**** spot myself. In fact, I believe the ref was about to mark it short by a half yard even though it was almost 1.5 yards short and then they gave them the 1st anyway. I was baffled and not one commentator saw when these guys seem to see everything that could make the Giants look like they got a freebie.

I do think there was intent to corrupt this game.

Mistanihan
12-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Someone can doublecheck this rule but the way I understand it...the ball spot can only be challenged on 3rd down or 4th down try and/or turnover. So if it was 1st and 10 then they won't review it. It allows corruption of the game and yes, I saw and made mention of that bull**** spot myself. In fact, I believe the ref was about to mark it short by a half yard even though it was almost 1.5 yards short and then they gave them the 1st anyway. I was baffled and not one commentator saw when these guys seem to see everything that could make the Giants look like they got a freebie.

I do think there was intent to corrupt this game.

Refs seemed nervous the whole game for whatever reason. Then having one go down did not help at all. Anyone ever hear why that ref left the game?

ebick
12-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Right...I forgot about that.....I was screaming at the tv at the time, but this is kind of how I saw it

rebelfan1966
12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I think Couglin knew early in the 2nd half the fix was in.... Refs were going to ensure the Skins won the game.

TickleMeEli
12-05-2012, 10:00 AM
This is a great question and I've been wondering that since the game.rebelfan, you are full of crap.

Farrell716
12-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Yup, I remember that, I watch the game on record until the 4th quarter and I went back like 3 times because I thought I missed a play but, here you go, 1st DOWN!!!

BlueJayC
12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Not sure what you guys are crying about......it clearly was a First Down.....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9PhUcMCUAAm4yt.jpg:large

dillyyo1972
12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Does anyone have a gif or video of that run?

I recall it being a matter of where the ball was when it crossed over the out of bounds line, but I don't remember the ball being a yard or more away from the ball. Officiating was clearly bad in this game as ticky-tack fouls were called or fouls that really didn't occur.

Actually now I realize the yellow line in that pic wasn't signifying the 1st down line. The biggest issue I had with this call was that no camera angle showed enough visual evidence to indicate where the ball actually crossed over the out of bounds line. None that I've seen, anyways. To me that ball should have never been moved up and Washington should have been kicking it.