PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie & Revis TRASH Giants WR's

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Yesterday, Giants WR Mario Manningham made a comment about how Jets CB Antonio Cromartie can give up big plays. Today, Cromartie shot back by saying "He (Manningham) let a guy named Victor Cruz come in and take his job".

Cromartie had this to say about Nicks & Cruz. "You got guys that are not even Pro Bowl material... Who really cares what they have to say?"

Jets CB Darelle Revis also joined in on the trash talk, making comments about Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

Revis had this to say about Cruz. "The only time I heard of this guy was the preseason." When asked how good Cruz and Nicks can be, Revis said: "They're receivers. That's it and that's what they are."

Moss#83
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Why is he attacking Cruz? Has he said anything?

Cruz is the same guy who picked on Nnamdi in both games.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those matches where the pre-game trash talk turns out to be better then the game itself...ala Tyson vs Lewis.

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Cromartie just had this to say about Nicks & Cruz. "You got guys that are not even Pro Bowl material... Who really cares what they have to say?"

NWKEffectElement
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those matches where the pre-game trash talk turns out to be better then the game itself...ala Tyson vs Lewis.

I'm almost 100% certain it will be. I wish our players would just STFU for a change. Are they not embarassed by the proformance they put on display last week?

BigBlue187
12-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Nicks is probably like wtf did I do? lol

NYfanatic
12-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Lets hope Nicks and Cruz show what type of receiver they really are:
Pro Bowl!

gmen46
12-22-2011, 04:36 PM

I'm almost 100% certain it will be. I wish our players would just STFU for a change. Are they not embarassed by the proformance they put on display last week?

About as embarrassed as the Jets are about THEIR performance last week, I should think.

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Here is a question: Who has the higher IQ, Manningham or Cromartie? Close call . . . . .

funkybudda
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Pro Bowl!

Nicks should invest in a pair of sun glasses, because he will be hanging under the sun on Revis Island all day.

NYfanatic
12-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Pro Bowl!

Nicks should invest in a pair of sun glasses, because he will be hanging under the sun on Revis Island all day.

Steve Johnson got off Revis Island
Why cant Nicks

G-Stan
12-22-2011, 04:50 PM
yeah...the receivers shouldnt have any confidence in themselves and suck the Jets off like their fans on this board.

giants2thebowl
12-22-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't know why players ever trash talk before games... If anything it just pumps up the person whom they are trash talking to try to prove them wrong! So keep it coming Jets!

yoeddy
12-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Revis had this to say about Cruz. "The only time I heard of this guy was the preseason."

Was this the 2010 preseason when Cruz had his first big breakout game against the Jets? 6 catches, 145 yards and 3 TDs?

funkybudda
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Pro Bowl!

Why cant Nicks

SO how many other receivers Revis faced this season did well like Steve Johnson? Did Steve Johnson let the sun bother him for a TD catch? What's Eli's record & QBR in Met Life Stadium this season? Yeah, real positive right?

yoeddy
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Btw - do the Jets talk this much every week?

Gianthunter
12-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Pro Bowl!

Why cant Nicks

SO how many other receivers Revis faced this season did well like Steve Johnson? Did Steve Johnson let the sun bother him for a TD catch? What's Eli's record & QBR in Met Life Stadium this season? Yeah, real positive right?
See folks even mouthbreathing knuckledraggers can type. Aint modern science wonderful.

Spizi
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Here is a question:* Who has the higher IQ, Manningham or Cromartie?* Close call . . . . .

DP

Spizi
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Here is a question:* Who has the higher IQ, Manningham or Cromartie?* Close call . . . . .

Sadly I think that Manningham wins that one. Cromartie can't even remember all of his kids names.

giantsfan420
12-22-2011, 05:19 PM
is it just me or is philly's DB core more intimidating than the jets?

namdi DRC and Samuels is much tougher from a passing standpoint than cromartie revis and whoever there 3rd down db is lowry?

cruz will destroy cromartie who doesnt have great side to side movement and fluid hips, cruz double move on cromartie all day.

and i think nicks is the type of wr revis will struggle with. nicks does all the things a good wr does well, he isnt a one trick pony. he's physical, deceptive, quick, great at going up for the ball and making tough catches.

fansince69
12-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Here is a question: Who has the higher IQ, Manningham or Cromartie? Close call . . . . .

Sadly I think that Manningham wins that one. Cromartie can't even remember all of his kids names.

Is he that dumb? or does he have that many?

giantsfan420
12-22-2011, 05:22 PM
and stevie johnson killed revis on that back shoulder stop fade which is the toughest route for a db to cover.

nicks destroys johnson at those routes which means a tough day for revis. really no db can cover that kind of route and nicks does it better than any wr i can think of and eli places the ball perfectly on those routes. its not gonna be an easy day for revis

8 catches 145 yards and 2 tds for nicks who will be playing like a bat out of hell to make up for his piss poor game vs dc

lawl
12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
is it just me or is philly's DB core more intimidating than the jets?

namdi DRC and Samuels is much tougher from a passing standpoint than cromartie revis and whoever there 3rd down db is lowry?

cruz will destroy cromartie who doesnt have great side to side movement and fluid hips, cruz double move on cromartie all day.

and i think nicks is the type of wr revis will struggle with. nicks does all the things a good wr does well, he isnt a one trick pony. he's physical, deceptive, quick, great at going up for the ball and making tough catches.

They're third guy is Kyle Wilson. A 1st round pick from a year ago.

MikeIsaGiant
12-22-2011, 05:44 PM
To see Revis talk **** about Cruz makes me mad. What has the kid done to be spoken to? I hope the WRs have a huge game.

Drez
12-22-2011, 06:32 PM
To see Revis talk **** about Cruz makes me mad. What has the kid done to be spoken to? I hope the WRs have a huge game.</P>

Well, Nicks said this about Revis:</P>

He's a decent corner. He's decent. It ain't nothing really to talk about," Nicks said. "He's a great player. I feel like I'm good. We'll see how they play it.</P>

Cruz had this to say:</P>

<FONT color=#000000>
Y<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3>eah, teams aren't really scared any more, he's got to earn his money this year and teams aren't really backing down. <SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">I feel like we are going to do the same thing [throw more at Revis, as other teams have]. We are going to go out until he physically stops us. We are going to spread the ball around.</SPAN></FONT></FONT></SPAN></FONT></P>

<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">Manningham had this to say:</FONT></SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT color=#000000 size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Every Sunday is exciting. I am not about to put them on a pedestal. They are still cornerbacks like we have faced all year. <SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Quarterbacks are too scared to throw [Revis'] way, I feel like," Manningham added. "You can't just go off of what you heard or what word on the street [is about Revis' reputation]. Yeah, he is a good corner. But if you don't challenge him, he is going to continue to be that.</SPAN></SPAN></FONT></FONT></SPAN></SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">So, that's the "trash" talk our guys had... Yeah. They're really talking ****</FONT>, lol.</SPAN></SPAN></FONT></SPAN></SPAN></P>

jetstream66
12-22-2011, 06:49 PM

I feel the same about holmes...cro...scott...just stfu and play

jetstream66
12-22-2011, 06:50 PM
when players say stuff like "he has to earn his money" like cruz said....they might want to check Revis' stats first.....he is allowing an average of 4 passes against him this year....which is 2 catches better then the next best cb

scf424
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
when players say stuff like "he has to earn his money" like cruz said....they might want to check Revis' stats first.....he is allowing an average of 4 passes against him this year....which is 2 catches better then the next best cb

I think he meant that QBs aren't shying away from him as much this year as they have in the past. Gotta read the whole quote, otherwise you'll take it out of context.

Spizi
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM

Is he that dumb? or does he have that many?

both haha i think he has at least 7 kids

*edit* he has 9 kids with 8 different women lol

myles2424
12-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Pro Bowl!
i guess nicks & Cruz aren't pro bowl material,but Holmes & plaxico are..

Mr Excitement
12-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Cromartie should be in prison for stealing from the Jets....he is the most overrated CB in football

Sarcasman
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Pro Bowl!

There's no such thing as Revis Island.

That's a fantasy Jets creation perpetuated by the gullible media.

Revis has over the top help always....as has been proven over and over.

That's not an island.

scf424
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I really want Eli to throw at Revis on the first play. Back shoulder to Nicks.

And keep it coming.

Sarcasman
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Pro Bowl!

Why cant Nicks

QBR?

I assume you meant passer rating as it does not measure QB performance. In fact, it doesn't actually measure anything....it's just a contrived stat created to help people who don't understand what they're watching.

Sarcasman
12-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Pro Bowl!

Why cant Nicks

Revis has faced no receivers by himself this year.

You should watch some games tapes or something. Or at the very least check "Better Football for Boys" out of your local library and read it.

Sarcasman
12-22-2011, 07:45 PM

I feel the same about holmes...cro...scott...just stfu and play

For guys like Scott, Cromartie, Rolle etc...talk is all they've got.

I agree STFU and play. I'm still blown away that Cromartie hasn't been run out of town. At least Scott was good on his former team. Cromartie was a joke on SD and he remains so. He gets as much of a pass from the media as Rolle does. It's confounding.

heavyhitter
12-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Here is a question: Who has the higher IQ, Manningham or Cromartie? Close call . . . . .Good point

JOE BigBlue
12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Cromartie does not deserve the money he makes. Poor character and a mental midget. Really sounds dumb when he speaks and surely doesn't make up for it with talent. IQ is lacking for sure.

That being said, if Cruz was on the ballot he'd be in the probowl with the year that he's had. Some spectacular catches this year.

Nicks is a top 5 receiver in this league regardless of his stats this year and irrelevant pro bowl voting. I'd take this tandem over revis and cromartie anyday thank you.

I also call b.s on Revis not having heard of Victor Cruz before the preseason. He shouldn't play dumb, unlike Cromartie he probably does know a thing or two about the league.

Jets suck....HERE'S HOPING FOR A GIANT BLOWOUT THIS SATURDAY.

nycisgreat
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Dang, that was pretty funny. Lol.

nYg24
12-22-2011, 09:15 PM
to be fair, Cruz and Nicks took the first shots.

nYg24
12-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Cromartie should be in prison for stealing from the Jets....he is the most overrated CB in football

our whole defense should be put in jail by that logic.

Drez
12-22-2011, 10:30 PM
to be fair, Cruz and Nicks took the first shots.</P>

Have you read the quotes? It's hardly trash talk. Nicks first called Revis decent, then great. Cruz said that Revis is getting thrown on more this year which means he has to "earn his money,"which I honestly don't know if it's true or not, but it seems Revis is getting beat a little more this year. And Manningham said that if people don't challenge Revis then he can just live off his reputation.</P>

If you actually read the full quotes, it hardly registers as trash talk or very mild trash talk at that. When they're asked, "Are you scared to face Revis?" do you expect them to say, "Yes!"</P>

Roosevelt
12-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Yesterday, Giants WR Mario Manningham made a comment about how Jets CB Antonio Cromartie can give up big plays. Today, Cromartie shot back by saying "He (Manningham) let a guy named Victor Cruz come in and take his job".

Cromartie had this to say about Nicks &amp; Cruz. "You got guys that are not even Pro Bowl material... Who really cares what they have to say?"

Jets CB Darelle Revis also joined in on the trash talk, making comments about Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

Revis had this to say about Cruz. "The only time I heard of this guy was the preseason." When asked how good Cruz and Nicks can be, Revis said: "They're receivers. That's it and that's what they are."

The Jets are the epitome of cheap talk.

Shame on any NY Giant for not doing ALL his talking on the field.

ShakeNBake
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM

Gotta give the edge to MM, at least he doesnt have 11 kids with 10 different mothers.

plaxattack17
12-22-2011, 11:17 PM
for a team who got trashed by thirty points to the eagles, and have lost almost half their games they sure do alot of talking...

G-Stan
12-23-2011, 02:12 AM

</P>

if you listened totheir interviews with your own ears and not go by the media's chopped up version, you would hear ALL that was said and know their words are being blown out of porportion, especially Nicks.</P>

giants2thebowl
12-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Here is a question:* Who has the higher IQ, Manningham or Cromartie?* Close call . . . . .im pretty sure cromartie's illegitimate children count is higher than his iq... heyo!?

Tony Bruno
12-23-2011, 09:43 AM

Deep in their mind they are watching and fearing Cruz... You remeber Rex in that preseason game "will someone please guard #3" or "jeez where did you find #3"???

They have their eyes on #80 trust me..

Redeyejedi
12-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Cruz has more yards receiving then Plax and Holmes combined

Out of Exile
12-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Why is Croscrubby talkin? He's TRASH!

nYg24
12-23-2011, 12:27 PM

*</P>

if you listened to*their interviews with your own ears and not go by the media's chopped up version, you would hear ALL that was said and know their words are being blown out of porportion, especially Nicks.</P>

Yea thats what i hear, i havent heard it straight from their mouths. But you cant blame Cro and Revis, because all they heard was what the media snakes told them.

BUT i really hope all the WR for the Gmen have a huge day and rub it in their faces.

sharick88
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Looking forward to Nicks taking over Revis island and making him his *****. GMEN ALL DAY LONG!

jetstream66
12-23-2011, 12:58 PM
I really want Eli to throw at Revis on the first play. Back shoulder to Nicks.

And keep it coming.

I hope it's a perfect throw too because it will be dropped

Joe Morrison
12-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I really think it will be Revis on Manningham and Cromartie on Nicks, that is the match up I like, that leaves Cruz all by himself, should be interesting.</P>

Jets have really been downgraded with the Leanord injury, Smith might be fast but he's soft.</P>

jetstream66
12-23-2011, 01:02 PM
for a team who got trashed by thirty points to the eagles, and have lost almost half their games they sure do alot of talking...

really??? The giants have gotten whooped twice by the skins....and also by the seahawks in Met life stadium. Both teams have had their share of crappy games this year and both are on the brink right now....

jetstream66
12-23-2011, 01:03 PM

Deep in their mind they are watching and fearing Cruz... You remeber Rex in that preseason game "will someone please guard #3" or "jeez where did you find #3"???

They have their eyes on #80 trust me..

No doubt....why wouldn't they...Im more fearful of Cruz going across the middle on quick slants vs out LB's and safeties

jetstream66
12-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I really think it will be Revis on Manningham and Cromartie on Nicks, that is the match up I like, that leaves Cruz all by himself, should be interesting.</P>

Jets have really been downgraded with the Leanord injury, Smith might be fast but he's soft.</P>

smith is awful....not even a discussion.....wilson is much improved in his second yr and should be the coverage guy in the middle