PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin has mediocre game...hailed king

Chris Christie
12-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Look, I get this guy is elusive and he is a great up and coming talent, but he puts up mediocre stats against our Giants and he's basically hailed the king of the NFL. The guy put up 13-21 and 163 yards with 1 touchdown. To me that's not even worthy of an article, yet it's 7:00 in the morning and I've come across 3 articles already just on my phone, and I haven't even picked up the paper yet. The lovefest this guy received last night on ESPN was sickening, I felt like throwing my remote through the television. They got lucky on a few plays that went their way. I get the argument that he did just enough to get his team a victory, but I'm not buying into this RG111 hype. I get that the Redskins haven't had anything worth talking about for the last decade, but please media, let it go, there is far more talented rookie QB's to talk about every freaking day. Don't mind me, just venting.

jakegibbs
12-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Look, I get this guy is elusive and he is a great up and coming talent, but he puts up mediocre stats against our Giants and he's basically hailed the king of the NFL. The guy put up 13-21 and 163 yards with 1 touchdown. To me that's not even worthy of an article, yet it's 7:00 in the morning and I've come across 3 articles already just on my phone, and I haven't even picked up the paper yet. The lovefest this guy received last night on ESPN was sickening, I felt like throwing my remote through the television. They got lucky on a few plays that went their way. I get the argument that he did just enough to get his team a victory, but I'm not buying into this RG111 hype. I get that the Redskins haven't had anything worth talking about for the last decade, but please media, let it go, there is far more talented rookie QB's to talk about every freaking day. Don't mind me, just venting.

In about 5 to 7 years he'll be another Michael Vick. TO machine; gun shy from taking too many hits. That's just the life of a NFL running QB. Too many have come & gone. There 1st TD was a fumbled run for TD. How many times can you bank on that?

Snappinnecks
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
You guys are nuts. Vick never in his life could pass the way this kid can. He's also a lot smarter than Vick. Vick couldn't identify a single high safety look if it hit him in the face!

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 08:47 AM
In his prime Vick could make every throw. The Giants offense did more to help Washington win last night more than RG3 did.

11to85
12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Morris was their key last night not RGIII. He look more like RG2 last night

TomCat_FIN
12-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah, we actually outscored them 4-3 in scoring plays and their one TD was a freak of a nature fumble recovery.

RG3 didn't have a monster game nor did he somehow single handedly beat the Giants. Yeah they won and I give them credit for putting up the points and holding the Giants offense off the field in the last 4 minutes, but this wasn't a once in a lifetime performance by the kid they call RGIII.

Jahh
12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
You guys are nuts. Vick never in his life could pass the way this kid can. He's also a lot smarter than Vick. Vick couldn't identify a single high safety look if it hit him in the face!

What does he do that's smarter than Vick? Mostly looks like one read to me.

stormblue
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
actually....he had a poor day at the office and beat us anyway.

fizzlesticks
12-04-2012, 09:52 AM
His best play last night was a fumble.

DLT
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Skins fan here an I told you what you would see. We ate a different team at home. We always go mad conservative. I wouldn't say that you stopped him because we didn't try to open it up. I hate it an I think we won't win a SB unless Shanny stops that. On the road its the RG3 show. At home its Morris with conservative passes. You would think it that it would be the other way around but its not.Also though, let's be real. It's not like your O sucked and he did nothing. He moved the ball but the D couldn't get off the field. U can't put up yards without the ball. I read somewhere that in the first 3 quarters we only had 26 offensive plays. That's unheard of. And that wasn't because our O sucked. U guys just controlled the clock an morris fumbled

Cool Papa B.
12-04-2012, 10:27 AM
In his prime Vick could make every throw. The Giants offense did more to help Washington win last night more than RG3 did.

Actually Vick didn't become a good passer until after he left prison. Don't know how he morphed into a good passer, but he did. During his years in Atlanta, he was fast and elusive as heck.

DLT
12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Also the hype is because he led us all year and is the catalyst behind our resurgence. Everything we do is still based off his skillset. U lose all credibility when u say there are far more talented rookie QB's. That's just hate

nhpgiantsfan
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I guess I am the only Giant fan that can realize that it's not about QB numbers with Griffin. His style of play is incredibly difficult to defend. Especially with how our defense is built. We are built around our speed rushers at DE, and because of this we have slower LB's that arent much of a factor. Well our DE's are stuck playing the contain game against this offense. And when they don't contain, we saw what happened with two big plays last night, one on JPP and one on Osi. I am not saying I have the answer but this team is gonna have to figure out an answer for the Skins offense, because its only gonna get better.

timmytimm3
12-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I guess I am the only Giant fan that can realize that it's not about QB numbers with Griffin. His style of play is incredibly difficult to defend. Especially with how our defense is built. We are built around our speed rushers at DE, and because of this we have slower LB's that arent much of a factor. Well our DE's are stuck playing the contain game against this offense. And when they don't contain, we saw what happened with two big plays last night, one on JPP and one on Osi. I am not saying I have the answer but this team is gonna have to figure out an answer for the Skins offense, because its only gonna get better.

It will be an interesting draft that's for sure.

Chris Christie
12-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Also the hype is because he led us all year and is the catalyst behind our resurgence. Everything we do is still based off his skillset. U lose all credibility when u say there are far more talented rookie QB's. That's just hate

Thats a negative on the hate part sir. What about Andrew Luck who's having a heck of year leading the Cults back. We should all be talking about him. You guys should be happy you have a QB finally that you can get hyped about, but the media is over blowing that game last night, having him sit on the podium for a post game interview like he's the hero that saved the game. Eli at times looked a hell of a lot better than Griffin IMHO if you ask me, or anyone else for that matter.

Ruttiger711
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM

Wow - talk about revisionist history. By his prime Im assuming you mean Atlanta where he was an incredibly innacurate passer. All you would hear is that if he could improve on his passing game how unstoppable he COULD be. He's always had a cannon but there was never a time in Atalnta where he could make every throw. Never.

EliDaMANning
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Reptile Dysfuntion had a fumble and it was magical according to Gruden. I wanted to mute the TV so bad because they kept gushing over Reptile dysfuntion.

I really wish the Giants went for it on 4th down. Whats there to lose at that point? They were running all over us.

dakotajoe
12-04-2012, 11:11 AM
ESPN's lovefest is definitely over the top but the accolades that RG3 gets are mostly warranted.

His game is a lot different than Vick's in his prime. Frankly, the Giant's D looked confused. When they made adjustments to stop RG3 Alfred Morris would run wild. When they committed to Alfred Morris RG3 would go outside for a big gain. When they decided to shoot the gaps against the run RG would pass over the top. I have to admit it's an exciting offense to watch that's changing the NFL.

AustinSkin
12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I've been thinking about why RGIII is difficult to defend, and here are the top three reasons IMO

1. The Redskins run their offense from multiple formations. On a short week defenses need to work on multiple looks vs. a standard formation. That's a lot more film study and practice dedicated to multiple sets. And you're not quite sure what you are going to see on game day.
2. With Alfred Morris, their running game is an every down threat. RGIII is very good at selling the play action fake, and he has stopped many DEs and safeties in their tracks. The problem for defensive players is that the can't react instinctively, they are forced to think. With the speed of this game, a split second hesitation can give up a huge play. RGIII has the football intelligence to spot a breakdown and exploit it.
3. Finally, RGIII is just plain fast. You can watch all the film you want, but you can't teach yourself to run faster.

sharick88
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't call his game mediocre. He didn't turn the ball over and made some plays. I would agree that he had a game that was below the standards that he has set.

Snappinnecks
12-04-2012, 12:13 PM

Oh is that why Vick's passing numbers have been so awesome over the years :P

Cloud57
12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
today on ESPN I'll have to hear from Stephen A. Smith how RG3 is the greatest QB ever

Chris Christie
12-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't call his game mediocre. He didn't turn the ball over and made some plays. I would agree that he had a game that was below the standards that he has set.

On a technicality he did fumble but since his own team recovered for a td, it's not called a turnover ;)

JJC7301
12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I thought that we played very well against him -- they scored 17 points. Problem was that we scored only 16. Not airing the ball out more to take advantage of the skins greatest weekness was a mind boggling decision.

Chris Christie
12-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Has this guy ever had a 3 or 4 td game? Or a 400 yd passing game? I haven't been paying close attention to his stats, but can someone answer that? What I recall is mostly low scoring games....

EliDaMANning
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Has this guy ever had a 3 or 4 td game? Or a 400 yd passing game? I haven't been paying close attention to his stats, but can someone answer that? What I recall is mostly low scoring games....Yeah he destroyed philly and the cowgirls.

He was held in check by our secondary but the linebackers outside of Chase got completely destroyed. We should've kept a safety in the box the entire game and dare him to throw downfield. Or even have a spy on him at all times.

BuffyBlueII
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Actually Vick didn't become a good passer until after he left prison. Don't know how he morphed into a good passer, but he did. During his years in Atlanta, he was fast and elusive as heck.

However, it was always obvious that Mike Vick had the potential to be a great passer. I think he was never coached properly and developed while he was in Atlanta. Andy Reid did a good job with Mike Vick but then didnít address the offensive line issues and Mike Vick has been getting killed out there.

DLT
12-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Has this guy ever had a 3 or 4 td game? Or a 400 yd passing game? I haven't been paying close attention to his stats, but can someone answer that? What I recall is mostly low scoring games....you are so wrong that it shows a bias and kills your whole argument. You talk like you have watched him alot but its clear you havent. He's actually coming off of back to back 4td games. He hasnt thrown for 400 but he's thrown for like 350 and over 300 a few times. Weve also been one of the highest scoring teams in the league all year and thats with us playing all of it without Garcon who is our only top notch WR and we havent had Davis since the 1st time we played you

DLT
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Thats a negative on the hate part sir. What about Andrew Luck who's having a heck of year leading the Cults back. We should all be talking about him. You guys should be happy you have a QB finally that you can get hyped about, but the media is over blowing that game last night, having him sit on the podium for a post game interview like he's the hero that saved the game. Eli at times looked a hell of a lot better than Griffin IMHO if you ask me, or anyone else for that matter. you said rookie QB's as in more than one. Even if its just Luck, he still hasnt been better. If you even go to the Colts board they spend half the time talking about all the dumb decisions & inaccurate throws he makes. Then you talk about Eli like he's playing the same defense. He should light up our D. If RG3 played against our D he would go off also. Its not the same thing. Besides, one guy is a rookie

bigbluetribe
12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
This is just a fad, they run a very simple yet different offense. Bob can make plays with his feet yes, hes fast as heck, but he will get beat up over time, people will figure out this scheme and he will nothing more than a normal qb. I give them credit for what they did, our coaches are dumb so that certaintly helps but as a qb hes hasnt show me much, they set him up for simple things and he executes, time will tell but im not worried

gmen0820
12-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Let's not try to rationalize the game by criticizing RGIII. His numbers might not have been pretty, but he was incredibly effective. He had NY off guard all night. If he played for us, we'd all be crowning him as the next legend.

AustinSkin
12-04-2012, 01:33 PM
This is just a fad, they run a very simple yet different offense. Bob can make plays with his feet yes, hes fast as heck, but he will get beat up over time, people will figure out this scheme and he will nothing more than a normal qb. I give them credit for what they did, our coaches are dumb so that certaintly helps but as a qb hes hasnt show me much, they set him up for simple things and he executes, time will tell but im not worried

You could be right, but I'm not so sure about that. RGIII is forcing defenses to think, rather than react instinctively. Even worse, it forces defenses to gamble. Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you get torched. I would hate to be a defensive coordinator game-planning against this offense.

Eliscruzzz
12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I thought that we played very well against him -- they scored 17 points. Problem was that we scored only 16. Not airing the ball out more to take advantage of the skins greatest weekness was a mind boggling decision.It's like this teams gets retarted when we play division rivals....Pass was working to perfection the first half and you basically stop throwing lol. Oh man this team....

Eliscruzzz
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Let's not try to rationalize the game by criticizing RGIII. His numbers might not have been pretty, but he was incredibly effective. He had NY off guard all night. If he played for us, we'd all be crowning him as the next legend.No I wouldn't cause I know in the playoffs you have tyo go through your progressions and make tough difficult throws...consistently. I mean they are kinda of right the hype with this kid is "SICKENING". It's a team sport and he is always mentioned before their team. I think that will ware thin in the locker room. Anyway Eli played incredible last night and some of the throws he made wow. I haven't seen RG3 make those kinda of throws.

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Let's not try to rationalize the game by criticizing RGIII. His numbers might not have been pretty, but he was incredibly effective. He had NY off guard all night. If he played for us, we'd all be crowning him as the next legend.

Agreed. It wasn't a statistical night for him but he managed to not be responsible for any turnovers and did engineer that TD in the 2nd half that put his team on the top. Reminded me of the SF game last year in the NFC championship that was mostly about ball security.

stormblue
12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
here are their numbers ; just in case anyone cares.

-----------------------ELI-------------------RGIII
TD passes.........16.....................17
INT's thrown........11.....................4
passing yards.....3170.................2677...(with 61 less passes thrown than Eli)
rushing yards........25....................714...(by the way...thats only 120 less than Ahmad Bradshaw)
total yards...........3195................3391
QB rating.............85.3.................104.4
pass comp. %......60.7%.............67.2%
yds per pass .......7.4...................8.2
dropped passes.....28..................28.

i know , you're gonna say stats don't matter......its the intangibles....
RGIII has stats and intangibles.

dakotajoe
12-04-2012, 02:16 PM

Yes but you also have to account for that fact that Bob is precise with the football, can throw short, deep, and intermediate passes accurately. He's intelligent enough to understand running Qbs don't have a long lifespan in the NFL.

dakotajoe
12-04-2012, 02:17 PM
here are their numbers ; just in case anyone cares.

-----------------------ELI-------------------RGIII
TD passes.........16.....................17
INT's thrown........11.....................4
passing yards.....3170.................2677...(with 61 less passes thrown than Eli)
rushing yards........25....................714...(by the way...thats only 120 less than Ahmad Bradshaw)
total yards...........3195................3391
QB rating.............85.3.................104.4
pass comp. %......60.7%.............67.2%
yds per pass .......7.4...................8.2
dropped passes.....28..................28.

i know , you're gonna say stats don't matter......its the intangibles....
RGIII has stats and intangibles.

If you want to be really cruel compare RG3s to Eli's rookie numbers. Don't get me wrong, I love Eli and ESPNs lovefest for RG3 is over the top but he deserves more credit than being called a "fad".

Hall of Fame
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
It's like this teams gets retarted when we play division rivals....Pass was working to perfection the first half and you basically stop throwing lol. Oh man this team....

Yeah, why is Gillbride so stubborn and keeps running with Bradshaw, when Eli was throwing accurate? What happened to the no huddle that Eli does well with?
Getting back to topic at hand, RG111's game last night was nothing near spectacular, yet the win was blown way out of proportion. Its not like he had an amazing 4th quarter comeback with 3 touchdowns. It was simply a sub par game that was only won simply from a fluke play and a few lucky calls that went their way.

stormblue
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM
therein lies the problem.....for him , he had a relatively off night...and still beat us anyway.

BMW
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
therein lies the problem.....for him , he had a relatively off night...and still beat us anyway.The refs beat us not him.

bearbryant
12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
The first thing that beat the Giants was the coaching staff. They didn't have this team ready to play 60 minutes of ball, period. Secondly, Kildrive is still the OC because he's tommys butt boy, simple. If he was anywhere near a decent OC he'd have had a HC job by now( 2 SB rings)!. This team is in serious trouble, they caught the pack with 1/2 their D on the sidelines and beat them. We need players on the O line, LB's and A real DT not an overpriced 3-4 DE behaving like a 4-3 DT. But I digress. You remember the Wildcat? Well after the coaches in the NFL figure out a solid game plan for Bob! he'll become a QB instead of a sideshow geek. Yes he has talent but don't go nutz. 6 teams beat the skins including the Giants! We had them in our pocket until they went to sleep during half time. YOU MUST PLAY 60 MINUTES, THEY DIDN'T. Oh another thing, The refs suc***. Go Giants. I'm hating snyder today!

gmen0820
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
No I wouldn't cause I know in the playoffs you have tyo go through your progressions and make tough difficult throws...consistently. I mean they are kinda of right the hype with this kid is "SICKENING". It's a team sport and he is always mentioned before their team. I think that will ware thin in the locker room. Anyway Eli played incredible last night and some of the throws he made wow. I haven't seen RG3 make those kinda of throws.Then maybe you aren't watching him enough. These stick throws you're alluding too hardly make it on highlights, but rest assured RGIII is making them. He's shown everything it takes to be an effective passer in this league, and the added threat of his athleticism is sickening to DCs around the league.

And yeah, team sport, but the QB will always be the most important part of the team.

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 11:30 PM

I must have missed that game.

Chris Christie
12-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Then maybe you aren't watching him enough. These stick throws you're alluding too hardly make it on highlights, but rest assured RGIII is making them. He's shown everything it takes to be an effective passer in this league, and the added threat of his athleticism is sickening to DCs around the league.

And yeah, team sport, but the QB will always be the most important part of the team.
Give it some time, this guy will be just as washed up as Mike Vick is now. Talented yes, but running quarterbacks are prone to injuries. How many times has Vick been injured? He's just about ready to hang up his cleats. Griffin took a big hit last night, and I know there will be a time when he's not going to pop right back up, it's just a matter of time.

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM
actually....he had a poor day at the office and beat us anyway.

A largely statistically average game actually. Sure he passed for about 60 yards less than average but he made up for it by not getting sacked a couple of times for -20 yards.

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 11:56 PM

Are we still talking about Mike Shanahan?

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 11:59 PM
ESPN's lovefest is definitely over the top but the accolades that RG3 gets are mostly warranted.

His game is a lot different than Vick's in his prime. Frankly, the Giant's D looked confused. When they made adjustments to stop RG3 Alfred Morris would run wild. When they committed to Alfred Morris RG3 would go outside for a big gain. When they decided to shoot the gaps against the run RG would pass over the top. I have to admit it's an exciting offense to watch that's changing the NFL.

Why would a defense make adjustments to a QB when the RB is averaging 7 yards a carry?

Looked like a Shanahan offense to me.

Harooni
12-05-2012, 12:00 AM
From what the rest of the sane people in the world saw was RG3 is the most talented QB in the NFC east right now.

Chris Christie
12-05-2012, 12:02 AM
From what the rest of the sane people in the world saw was RG3 is the most talented QB in the NFC east right now.

Nonsense

Rusty192
12-05-2012, 12:03 AM
From what the rest of the sane people in the world saw was RG3 is the most talented QB in the NFC east right now.I hear the Redskins bandwagon is still open.

Chris Christie
12-05-2012, 12:05 AM

I think Tony is more talented than RG, just doesn't have the same elusiveness as RG.

Harooni
12-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I hear the Redskins bandwagon is still open. ewww i dont look good in a pig nose.

Sarcasman
12-05-2012, 12:08 AM

He's certainly the best rookie.

Chris Christie
12-05-2012, 12:11 AM
What about Luck? Can't leave him out of the equation! He's flying under the radar over there.....doing good things.

Harooni
12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
He's certainly the best rookie. yeah having only 4 ints so far as a rook is damn impressive.

Chris Christie
12-05-2012, 12:13 AM
If this RG machine is so good, why doesn't it reflect in the standings? ;)

Sarcasman
12-05-2012, 12:13 AM
yeah having only 4 ints so far as a rook is damn impressive.

Damn impressive is right.

Chris Christie
12-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Damn impressive is right.

Thats a misleading stat....it doesn't include the balls that the defense dropped.

Parademon
12-05-2012, 12:44 AM
While the 4 picks are impressive, he mostly throws safe short passes & quick outs to his recievers. He has lit up a few teams like NO, Dallas & Philly thru the air, but then again, those 3 teams don't exactly have a great secondary either.

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 12:48 AM
While the 4 picks are impressive, he mostly throws safe short passes & quick outs to his recievers. He has lit up a few teams like NO, Dallas & Philly thru the air, but then again, those 3 teams don't exactly have a great secondary either.
Tell that to the Giants.

Harooni
12-05-2012, 12:50 AM
thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.

stormblue
12-05-2012, 02:21 AM

he averages more yards per pass than Eli
Eli 7.4 ,
RG3 8.2.
same amount of drops....28 apiece.

stormblue
12-05-2012, 02:23 AM
If this RG machine is so good, why doesn't it reflect in the standings? ;)

he has a lousy defense.....except against us....

TomCat_FIN
12-05-2012, 02:29 AM
thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.

That's right, but some of the stuff is really going overboard. I mean it looks like Justin Tuck has a love-affair with the guy and I read an article where the writer was praising him for fumbling the ball, because he saw the receiver open. PLEASE.

giantsfan420
12-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Eli 7.4 ,
RG3 8.2.
same amount of drops....28 apiece.
on passes rg3 doesnt do the option PA, his ypa is 5.7 or worst in the league for perspective

edit-and where r u getting ur stats from, i read an article yesterday that had his ypa at like 7.2 or something...

giantsfan420
12-05-2012, 07:45 AM
gruden even acknowledged as well as pretty much any fair analyst (altho it seems they hate to admit it) that rg3 is running a 1 read offense. a 1 read pass offense and 1 read option run offense.
he does throw virtually nothing but high % throws, those quick up tempo swing passes to the wrs behind the los, the slant, and that seam pass 7-10 yds upfield. he throws a good longball, but with Safeties being paralyzed by that damn PA, its not as if his arm accuracy is whats the source for it. his success is based n that option pistol, and right now its wrking. im telling u guys, teams r gonna stop caring about the option and just level rg3 any time the option is presented, even when he hands it off. and washington will either ruin his career with injuries by not adapting, or they'll change to a real nfl offense and we'll see how rg3 is making 3 and 5 step drops...kinda confused as to why they dont do that at all, im not gonna lie, part of me thinks its bc shannahan is trying to hide a flaw...theres no reason to believe rg3 could handle what luck runs in indy while i could maintain luck could easily run what they do in washington

giantsfan420
12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
its hard to unlearn bad habits. i think this whole running a wildcat/spread option offense could end up being dentrimental to rg3 in the long run i really do

Tmurda1984
12-05-2012, 07:49 AM
RG3 mediocre game? You must be a fantasy football nut. Fantasy football nuts like the original poster don't have a great understanding of what it takes to be a good QB. The stats did not show how effective he was. RG3 was able to make solid reads in the read option and gave Morris running lanes and Garcon the passing lanes when they needed to. Also RG3 was on the bench for damn near the whole 1st half. Please keep that dumb fantasy football insight out of real football forums....move this thread to entertainment please.

Ruttiger711
12-05-2012, 08:19 AM
RG3 mediocre game? You must be a fantasy football nut. Fantasy football nuts like the original poster don't have a great understanding of what it takes to be a good QB. The stats did not show how effective he was. RG3 was able to make solid reads in the read option and gave Morris running lanes and Garcon the passing lanes when they needed to. Also RG3 was on the bench for damn near the whole 1st half. Please keep that dumb fantasy football insight out of real football forums....move this thread to entertainment please.

Thank you - please tell this to all these nuts saying the Giants D had a good game against RGIII because he "only" completed 13 passes (out of 21), he "only" ran 72 yards (but its ok because 46 was on one carry). People are thinking the Giants held RGIII under 200 yards passing - he could of thrown for 100 for all I care because whenever he needed a 3rd down pass, he got it.

You can look at numbers or you can look at the fact that RGIII did what he wanted to. The best defensive performance was the long drives by the O. If they **** the bed just a little less by turning one of those fg's to 6 we win.

Buddy333
12-05-2012, 09:10 AM
He did what he wanted to do? Like fumble the ball and have one of his jus pick it up and run it in? The Giants defense held them down for most of the first half. They scored on a fluke play and where held to a field goal when they had a first down on the Giants 13 yard line. The second half started with the Giants punting and then the defense forcing a turnover. The Giants defense allowed a a whopping 7 points in the second half. Oh, and that 46 yard run didn't have a thing to do with the score. It was just a stat.

Chris Christie
12-05-2012, 01:08 PM

Thats where you are wrong sir, I haven't the slightest clue about fantasy football, nor do I care to learn about it either. What game were you watching? His performance was less than mediocre if u ask me. Just because he's elusive doesn't make him a great QB. They are a .500 team.

Tmurda1984
12-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Thats where you are wrong sir, I haven't the slightest clue about fantasy football, nor do I care to learn about it either. What game were you watching? His performance was less than mediocre if u ask me. Just because he's elusive doesn't make him a great QB. They are a .500 team.

RG3 was a threat everytime he had the ball in his hands. RG3 opened up all the opportunities for Garcon, Pauleson, and Morris. We left Garcon WIDE OPEN ON A SLANT PASS...and why is that? Because our linebackers were keying in on what RG3 was doing. Our offense even tried to keep RG3 off the field, and they did....and that was our only legitimate way of stopping RG3. RG3 singlehandley fooled our Defensive front and made them insignificent throughout the contest. I was hoping we switched to a 3-4 in the middle of that game.

Yes the Redskins are a .500 team as we speak, but that does not mean they cannot improve on that. If it wasnt for they sorry secondary they would of swept us this year. I cant stand RG3, but you have to give this man his respect....we did not have many possessions and as a rookie he had more poise than any1 on our team. And also remember that Alfred Morris is also a 6round rookie as his sidekick.

We have Eli Manning and a veteran Bradshaw and a 1st round rookie against a sorry secondary and no Orakpo....and our offensive looked like a hot mess. If it wasn't for Tynes, we would probably be a .500 team or even worse.

Buddy333
12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
They had 280 yards passing and a 100 yard rusher and the OL looked like a mess?

Giantz4Life
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
I have no problem with Giants fans acknowledging RG3's talent, but some of you are slobbering on his knob and it's quite frankly quite disgusting.

Tmurda1984
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
They had 280 yards passing and a 100 yard rusher and the OL looked like a mess?

Why do people bring up yardage too me, that does not matter....we did not score TD's in the redzone...THIS IS WHAT MATTERS. RG3 led his team in the endzone. I didnt mean to say the OL was a mess, our Offense is a mess.

Its crazy that people can sit here and think we shut down RG3...we did not...even though he had less yardage than Eli, RG3 was making the most out of his redzone opportunities...While our offense HAD 11 MINUTES TO KICK A DAMN FIELD GOAL....>WHEN WE NEEDED A FIELD GOAL OUR OFFENSE COULD NOT EVEN DO THAT....THAT IS AN EXAMPLE OF INCONSISTENCY.

You can brag about the 280 yards passing, I hoped it helped you fantasy team because it sure didnt help us Monday night.

Tmurda1984
12-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I have no problem with Giants fans acknowledging RG3's talent, but some of you are slobbering on his knob and it's quite frankly quite disgusting.

No1 is slobbing his knob...we have fans slobbing the knob of this defense who gave up over 200 yards in the running game and think that we shut down RG3 lol. That is quite disgusting to me.

Eliscruzzz
12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
therein lies the problem.....for him , he had a relatively off night...and still beat us anyway.LOL what's your point we were off Monday night and lost by just one.

YATittle1962
12-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I like RG III

but he will one day have to learn to read defenses

every play they run is based off the option , play action and the zone blocking scheme

go take a look at the Redskins 3rd and long percentage.......

if this kid had to drop back and read defenses the way Andrew Luck does in his offense he would get killed

at some point you need to read the coverage and throw the ball down the field

RG III can physically make all the throws......but he cannot yet read defenses and sooner or later he will have to learn or he will end up an injured mess

this is not college ....this is the NFL

Giantz4Life
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
No1 is slobbing his knob...we have fans slobbing the knob of this defense who gave up over 200 yards in the running game and think that we shut down RG3 lol. That is quite disgusting to me.

stormblue is practically on his knees in this thread. I saw some others I don't feel like going back.

Like I said, I don't care if people acknowledge and praise RG3 as a great talent, but please hop off his ****.

Eliscruzzz
12-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Eli 7.4 ,
RG3 8.2.
same amount of drops....28 apiece.Are you serious how many more pass attempts are by Eli. You NEVER take everything into account when you give stats.

RG3 has WIDE open receivers cause of his threat to run. When you have the safeties playing in the box and the secondary playing zone with eyes on the quarterback there are HUGE holes in the defense. Imagine if Eli had that all game.

Eliscruzzz
12-05-2012, 09:26 PM
thats funny i dont remember us lighting up philly??? there is no shame in admiring him admitting the kids good, tip our caps and move on.Umm.... Philly was actually playing for something when we played them. They also had Vick. They also drop 7 to 8 people in coverage when they play Eli.

Eliscruzzz
12-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I like RG III

every play they run is based off the option , play action and the zone blocking scheme

if this kid had to drop back and read defenses the way Andrew Luck does in his offense he would get killed

RG III can physically make all the throws......but he cannot yet read defenses and sooner or later he will have to learn or he will end up an injured mess

this is not college ....this is the NFL+1000000000000 perfectly said by you and 420...

stormblue
12-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Are you serious how many more pass attempts are by Eli. You NEVER take everything into account when you give stats.

RG3 has WIDE open receivers cause of his threat to run. When you have the safeties playing in the box and the secondary playing zone with eyes on the quarterback their are HUGE holes in the defense. Imagine if Eli had that all game.

what are you. talking about ; the post claimed that RG3's completion ratio is better than Eli's because he dink and dunks.
my stats were to rebuke that falsehood. Griffin does not dink and dunk more than Eli .

and the fact that you must respect his run capability is an asset for him , not an excuse for completion %.
the kid beats Eli in almost every passing category there is.

are you taking into consideration that we have better receivers ? that Eli has 8 years more experience ?...
.its all relative.........so either use stats or don't.

but he can pass as good as Eli and run as good as Bradshaw.
so either way stats or no stats , the kid is pretty good.

now he could be a flash in the pan ..who knows....
i wouldn't put him in the hall yet....
but right now he is obviously harder to defend than Eli.

Eliscruzzz
12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
what are you. talking about ; the post claimed that RG3's completion ratio is better than Eli's because he dink and dunks.
my stats were to rebuke that falsehood. Griffin does not dink and dunk more than Eli .

and the fact that you must respect his run capability is an asset for him , not an excuse for completion %.
the kid beats Eli in almost every passing category there is.

are you taking into consideration that we have better receivers ? that Eli has 8 years more experience ?...
.its all relative.........so either use stats or don't.

but he can pass as good as Eli and run as good as Bradshaw.
so either way stats or no stats , the kid is pretty good.

now he could be a flash in the pan ..who knows....
i wouldn't put him in the hall yet....
but right now he is obviously harder to defend than Eli.RG3 doesn't dink and dunk more then Eli is where I stop reading.....

stormblue
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
RG3 doesn't dink and dunk more then Eli is where I stop reading.....

i know , you can never get past the truth.
and when shown the proof you choose to ignore it...

i wasn't trying to anoint RG3 , i was just giving him credit for beating us...
you homers started comparing him to Eli ....its not my fault you don't have the numbers
to back up your false statements.

i am not putting him the Hall....i'm not even putting him top 5 right now.
i just put him ahead of your BFF. and trust me ,that is no where near idolatry.

@G4life.....

this post applies to you too.

tomt
12-05-2012, 10:44 PM
He's the flavor of the month, much the same way Cam Newton was last year. Having said that, I like the kid. He has great poise and leadership skills, qualities you can't really teach.

By being so effective with ball fakes, the LB's stay close to the line that much longer allowing his slot receivers to get behind the front seven and into the secondary. The result is the slants and in-cuts that he throws to don't have to be threaded into tight windows. I thought he was an accurate passer, but now I'm not so sure. We'll see how the league adjusts to him and how he counters that. I think he's going to be a pain in the arse for many years, provided he doesn't take too many hits along the way.

Giants928
12-06-2012, 12:17 AM
People really should calm down about RGIII. He is definitely a good QB that present a unique threat, but he definitely can be contained and stopped. He has a long way to go in the league to compare with Eli. Every QB has his style and I would personally take a pocket passer over a run oriented QB any day. If you want your QB to run a lot, be prepared for some injuries. Of course there are so many intangibles during a season and right now the Giants are in 1st place and still control their destiny.

kkoney500
12-06-2012, 03:47 AM
I am hardcore Giants fan. What I saw in this kid at QB is that he is brilliant. However, he will not last if he keeps taking a pounding. He can pass with some of the best of them and he is just a kid. The pounding won't hold up and he will adjust I think. I like him but not the skins...lol.

BurnerNYG
12-06-2012, 04:11 AM
I fail to understand how a guy who has a QB rating over 100 and only 4 ints in 12 games can't read defenses? Are y'all talking about pre snap? If he looks at his 1st read and he's open, why look at his 2nd option? Lol

Rat_bastich
12-06-2012, 04:31 AM
The guy is good. He has done what has been asked of him and the offense for the Redskins has been tailored to fit him. I don't care if he is drawing up plays in the dirt in the huddle, because if that is what he is doing then he is kicking *** doing it. Hell, even his fakes had the camera following backs that didn't have the ball.

I think there are alot of sour grapes right now because the Giants were not able to do what they should've to put the game out of reach. The frustration level is high right now because the Giants are making it come down to the wire yet again. The Giants cannot and will not make the playoffs this year off the foot of Tynes. If the Giants do not get their asses together they may well be sitting at home watching the Redskins in the playoffs.

giantsfan420
12-06-2012, 04:47 AM
RG3 doesn't dink and dunk more then Eli is where I stop reading.....
lol i dont blame u. that was the most ridic thing ive read on here all season and we had that simms say eli not elite thread so thats saying something

giantsfan420
12-06-2012, 04:48 AM

you homers started comparing him to Eli ....its not my fault you don't have the numbers

@G4life.....

except for ur wrong and ur interpretation of the stats is comical. not even gonna bother typing it again.

stormblue
12-06-2012, 06:16 AM
total amount of yards passing divided by the number of pass attempts.
pretty simple math.

as far as interpretation , its self-explanatory.
but , for the less advanced students amongst us , i will explain ;
this is the average yards gained per pass attempt... regardless if completed or not.

if there are those among us that prefer a less all-encompassing stat.....

yards per completed catch ......need i interpret that one too ?
yards per catch ,,,,they are both 12.2.

either way.....he doesn't "dink and dunk" any more than Eli.

so just give him his "game manager" ...."got lucky"....."mobile QB won't last or win the big one"
one time victory over a team that "we beat ourselves" and move on.
next time we'll kick his ice-bucket. no big deal.

but in the meantime..hopefully Eli will do better this week and at least outscore Tynes.
if that happens......maybe we can outscore that dinkin' dunkin' #9 for once....
and you guys can have a reason to revel in your BFF's eliteness.

Eliscruzzz
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
I fail to understand how a guy who has a QB rating over 100 and only 4 ints in 12 games can't read defenses? Are y'all talking about pre snap? If he looks at his 1st read and he's open, why look at his 2nd option? LolWe know you love RG3....but if you honestly think he is good at reading defenses then wow. I really don't know what to say.

BurnerNYG
12-06-2012, 03:30 PM
We know you love RG3....but if you honestly think he is good at reading defenses then wow. I really don't know what to say.I don't love no damn RG3 lol. As a football fan I like what he brings to the table. You have nothing to back up your theory... numbers don't lie but you do.

Eliscruzzz
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't love no damn RG3 lol. As a football fan I like what he brings to the table. You have nothing to back up your theory... numbers don't lie but you do.Sure seems like it.....no one said the kid isn't good. Just want to see a little more before we hail him king. Oh and I can bring up numerous quotes of you defending him being able to read defenses and etc. but I won't even bring them up. We'll just leave it right here.

slag
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM

I closed my eyes during the game to hear what it was like to have J&sus Chr&st playing football for washinton! One point frigging game! the sports media are a bunch of as* kissers! want to be popular and be on the winning side day by day! at least us fans know what we have in the Giants! it was a nauseating broadcast!

Hall of Fame
12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Anyone hear him speak during the post game interview? Let's just say his voice don't match his skin tone. He sounds like a white guy lol.
I think he's a great quarterback, however, he doesn't deserve the attention he's getting. I think once he learns to read defenses better as YA stated, he's going to keep taking a beating.

GentleGiant
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Look, I get this guy is elusive and he is a great up and coming talent, but he puts up mediocre stats against our Giants and he's basically hailed the king of the NFL. The guy put up 13-21 and 163 yards with 1 touchdown. To me that's not even worthy of an article, yet it's 7:00 in the morning and I've come across 3 articles already just on my phone, and I haven't even picked up the paper yet. The lovefest this guy received last night on ESPN was sickening, I felt like throwing my remote through the television. They got lucky on a few plays that went their way. I get the argument that he did just enough to get his team a victory, but I'm not buying into this RG111 hype. I get that the Redskins haven't had anything worth talking about for the last decade, but please media, let it go, there is far more talented rookie QB's to talk about every freaking day. Don't mind me, just venting. Don't watch espn. It's the fox news of sports. Watch NFL network.

Chris Christie
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Don't watch espn. It's the fox news of sports. Watch NFL network.

Thats a silly statement, there's a reason why it's the #1 rated news network for many years. It's not because nobody watches it. Gotta have at least 1 network that leans one way, because all the rest lean the other way. ESPN is a quality sports network, however they tend to get infatuated with a certain player each season. This year it's RG3.

Eliscruzzz
12-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Thats a silly statement, there's a reason why it's the #1 rated news network for many years. It's not because nobody watches it. Gotta have at least 1 network that leans one way, because all the rest lean the other way.Please do not start a political arguement....

Chris Christie
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Please do not start a political arguement....

You shoulda quoted the other guy, not me.

Chris Christie
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know what the yellow stars mean next to the thread?

Eliscruzzz
12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
You shoulda quoted the other guy, not me.He was making a comparison you were explaining why Fox does what ever it does and that's not football....I'm done right here. The thread is about RG3 and his mediocre play right??? So why not get back to that?? Also I was just looking out. The mods take political talk very serious and will ban you...

GentleGiant
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Thats a silly statement, there's a reason why it's the #1 rated news network for many years. It's not because nobody watches it. Gotta have at least 1 network that leans one way, because all the rest lean the other way. ESPN is a quality sports network, however they tend to get infatuated with a certain player each season. This year it's RG3. It's the 1# rated network because it's the only one that talks about ALL sports, Monday night football is on it and most college football games. And all lesser sports are on it. It's not like there's a tennis network. It's the 1# network because they say shock value sort of things that make people come back. They're not objective and the amount of content that they have forces people on there.

They could be talking about the revival of the colts after Paganos cancer. Or Charlies Batches emotional win against the ravens. Or AP making history with his incredible comeback. Instead they still talk about Tebow.

Chris Christie
12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
He was making a comparison you were explaining why Fox does what ever it does and that's not football....I'm done right here. The thread is about RG3 and his mediocre play right??? So why not get back to that?? Also I was just looking out. The mods take political talk very serious and will ban you...

Stop I get it, I didn't talk politics...I read die hards disclaimer.....I coulda been talking about Disney vs cartoon network. That's why I didn't use the words right or left. Reread my post I never explained why they do what they do. He's the one that threw the brick, I simply replied....and I did get back to the topic at hand in the same post.

Hall of Fame
12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
They just said in the pre game talk, that the "red hot RG3" will take on the Ravens lol.....he couldn't be further from red hot. The team may be red hot but not him only. It's not a one man team.

BlueSanta
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
This thread is wrong, he did play well. Keep in mind he had MULTIPLE dropped passes where he hit guys in the hands.

However, I still think it was Alfred Morris that beat us.

AntB
12-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I think the best way to play this guy is with a 3-4 defense; especially with Philip's out. The Giants have the people to play him that way.

Sarcasman
12-07-2012, 09:27 AM
RG3 was a threat everytime he had the ball in his hands. RG3 opened up all the opportunities for Garcon, Pauleson, and Morris. We left Garcon WIDE OPEN ON A SLANT PASS...and why is that? Because our linebackers were keying in on what RG3 was doing. Our offense even tried to keep RG3 off the field, and they did....and that was our only legitimate way of stopping RG3. RG3 singlehandley fooled our Defensive front and made them insignificent throughout the contest. I was hoping we switched to a 3-4 in the middle of that game.

Yes the Redskins are a .500 team as we speak, but that does not mean they cannot improve on that. If it wasnt for they sorry secondary they would of swept us this year. I cant stand RG3, but you have to give this man his respect....we did not have many possessions and as a rookie he had more poise than any1 on our team. And also remember that Alfred Morris is also a 6round rookie as his sidekick.

We have Eli Manning and a veteran Bradshaw and a 1st round rookie against a sorry secondary and no Orakpo....and our offensive looked like a hot mess. If it wasn't for Tynes, we would probably be a .500 team or even worse.

7 yards a carry.

Sarcasman
12-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I like RG III

this is not college ....this is the NFL

I like him too but it's not like he designed this offense. This is all Shanahan.

Griffin makes it work and he's very talented but without fantastic coaching and a killer O line this conversation doesn't even happen.

Sarcasman
12-07-2012, 09:32 AM

@G4life.....

I love when someone confuses statistics with the truth.

One is sometimes a unit of measure, one is a fact.

Sarcasman
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
total amount of yards passing divided by the number of pass attempts.
pretty simple math.

as far as interpretation , its self-explanatory.
but , for the less advanced students amongst us , i will explain ;
this is the average yards gained per pass attempt... regardless if completed or not.

if there are those among us that prefer a less all-encompassing stat.....

yards per completed catch ......need i interpret that one too ?
yards per catch ,,,,they are both 12.2.

either way.....he doesn't "dink and dunk" any more than Eli.

so just give him his "game manager" ...."got lucky"....."mobile QB won't last or win the big one"
one time victory over a team that "we beat ourselves" and move on.
next time we'll kick his ice-bucket. no big deal.

but in the meantime..hopefully Eli will do better this week and at least outscore Tynes.
if that happens......maybe we can outscore that dinkin' dunkin' #9 for once....
and you guys can have a reason to revel in your BFF's eliteness.

This is an excellent rant; I really like it.

I don't agree with the statistical blather.....which is of course nonsense, but the overall post is excellent.

Tmurda1984
12-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Why do people keep saying that the Redskins have a killer O-Line? Its decent but not a killer O-line. Zone blocking and option offenses is built to help offensive linemen who are not maulers. Even when I was in highschool we had a smallish Offensive Line and ran a zone blocking veer offense and it helped us playing against St. Joe's, Don Bosco and even Teaneck when Tamba Hali was out there.

Shanahan is known for having smallish athletic offensive lines to incorporate the zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking takes the entire offensive line to work together and the instincts to know who to leave unblocked and during a double team (who to scrape off to the second level defenders). There are many trap blocks and pulls. This made is hard for our Defensive Line because when you are even in highschool you are told to fight against the trap block instead of running around it. RG3 was able to run the option from either side of the formation from the pistol formation. It was an excellent scheme for a small O Line and negated anything our Dline could do....It was a guessing game for Defensive Ends. This is why I suggested never running a 4-3 against this scheme. Many college teams run a 4-4 and 50 defense.

YATittle1962
12-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I like him too but it's not like he designed this offense. This is all Shanahan.

Griffin makes it work and he's very talented but without fantastic coaching and a killer O line this conversation doesn't even happen.

no he didn't design the offense

but he has never had to drop back and read a defense in his life

my point is he will eventually need to learn to do that or he will be captain concussion

this pistol read option is not going to work forever

alentown pa
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM

my point is he will eventually need to learn to do that or he will be captain concussion

excellent point and lets not forget how teams will go to school on him next year...this is a league based on adjustments...not saying he won't be very good, but Cam Newton was all the hype last year and he has been humbled a bit this year, not comparing the two but only time will tell with RG3.

Tmurda1984
12-07-2012, 07:49 PM

Big Ben made a career not being able to read defenses. All he does is buy enough time for his receivers to eventually run free. People said that Big Ben would be captain concussion as well, but he won 2 superbowls and still have the steelers looking decent. The NFL is about big plays, and these guys are playmakers.

Tmurda1984
12-07-2012, 07:52 PM
excellent point and lets not forget how teams will go to school on him next year...this is a league based on adjustments...not saying he won't be very good, but Cam Newton was all the hype last year and he has been humbled a bit this year, not comparing the two but only time will tell with RG3.

Cam Newton does not have any weapons at all out there. The blame goes around to Carolina's entire offense. Deangelo Williams and Stewart are the worst starting running backs in the NFL. Brandon Lafell should be a 4th receiver and there offensive line is the biggest joke of an offensive line (Ryan Kalil is about as overrated as Jake Long).

alentown pa
12-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Cam Newton does not have any weapons at all out there. The blame goes around to Carolina's entire offense. Deangelo Williams and Stewart are the worst starting running backs in the NFL. Brandon Lafell should be a 4th receiver and there offensive line is the biggest joke of an offensive line (Ryan Kalil is about as overrated as Jake Long).

good points..cant argue anything you said..but Cam was the hype just like RG3 is this year..all i am saying is teams will go to school on him..time will tell imo.

BigBlue1971
12-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Shanahans and RG3 installed and runs an offense most professionals arent familiar with.....yet! hes gotten much hype because hes good at what he does right now!

i fully expect dc's to devise defenses that will eventually shut RG3 down. he wont be as effective even as early as next season! the key to the skins offense with RG3 is his ability to effectively hide the ball during the play action! his running ability is also a huge factor in their game.

during Mondays game our defense did do their job to an extent but did not do their jobs late in the game!

besides that the offense stunk the place up in the 2nd half contributing to the loss by only scoring 3 points.....against that defense! amazing.

personally i think RG3 will end up as Vick 2 in a coupla years! he cant continue to take the hits hes taken in his 1st nfl season.

Joe_morris
12-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Big Ben made a career not being able to read defenses. All he does is buy enough time for his receivers to eventually run free. People said that Big Ben would be captain concussion as well, but he won 2 superbowls and still have the steelers looking decent. The NFL is about big plays, and these guys are playmakers.

Very true, but look at all the injuries Ben has had. And even then,Ben is way bigger and stronger than RG3.

YATittle1962
12-07-2012, 09:35 PM

Ben has always read defenses just fine

not sure what you are talking about

Ruttiger711
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Ben has always read defenses just fine

not sure what you are talking about

Ben usually doesnt make the pre-snap reads (calling out the mike etc.), I guess what we're used to seeing Eli and more and more qb's doing typically Ben's center will, maybe that?

Cloud57
12-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Shanahan is creative with his offense, unlike the giants.

Sarcasman
12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Why do people keep saying that the Redskins have a killer O-Line? Its decent but not a killer O-line. Zone blocking and option offenses is built to help offensive linemen who are not maulers. Even when I was in highschool we had a smallish Offensive Line and ran a zone blocking veer offense and it helped us playing against St. Joe's, Don Bosco and even Teaneck when Tamba Hali was out there.

Shanahan is known for having smallish athletic offensive lines to incorporate the zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking takes the entire offensive line to work together and the instincts to know who to leave unblocked and during a double team (who to scrape off to the second level defenders). There are many trap blocks and pulls. This made is hard for our Defensive Line because when you are even in highschool you are told to fight against the trap block instead of running around it. RG3 was able to run the option from either side of the formation from the pistol formation. It was an excellent scheme for a small O Line and negated anything our Dline could do....It was a guessing game for Defensive Ends. This is why I suggested never running a 4-3 against this scheme. Many college teams run a 4-4 and 50 defense.

I said it because they pushed the vaunted Giant's D-line all over the field twice this year and their RB averaged 7 yards a carry against the GIants twice. So, maybe they're a killer O line or maybe the Giants D sucks it....whichever.

Sarcasman
12-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Agreed. My point is that Shanahan is the reason the Skins are now relevant. Griffin is the face, Shanahan is the brains. Shanahan would have this team back to relevancy without Griffin. The odds of the opposite happening are much, much slimmer.

Sarcasman
12-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Shanahans and RG3 installed and runs an offense most professionals arent familiar with.....yet! hes gotten much hype because hes good at what he does right now!

i fully expect dc's to devise defenses that will eventually shut RG3 down. he wont be as effective even as early as next season! the key to the skins offense with RG3 is his ability to effectively hide the ball during the play action! his running ability is also a huge factor in their game.

during Mondays game our defense did do their job to an extent but did not do their jobs late in the game!

besides that the offense stunk the place up in the 2nd half contributing to the loss by only scoring 3 points.....against that defense! amazing.

personally i think RG3 will end up as Vick 2 in a coupla years! he cant continue to take the hits hes taken in his 1st nfl season.

He's already much, much better than Vick ever was.

Tmurda1984
12-08-2012, 04:39 PM
He's already much, much better than Vick ever was.

I agree...he's 10 times better than Vick. People do not want to give this man props, but he's good. Any fan that thinks the Giants shut him down last week is delusional.