PDA

View Full Version : #1 Draft Pick. What's gonna be the excuse this week.

jakegibbs
12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
David Wilson
4 rushes for 9 yards 2.2 yd average

All last week we heard from front office it was Wilson time to step up & be the player they drafted as their #1 first round pick. All the extra time he put in with Rhino after practice was to equate to a lot more playing time & when I looked & saw a player who'd only been on this team for less than a week playing RB on crucial drives in the 2nd half that could have been the turning point in the game I got sick to my stomach.

Now what's gonna be the spin coming out of the Giant locker room this week when I'm sure they're gonna be asked a question like: 4 rushes are you kidding me is that what you call getting more involved & stepping up in the offense?

I telling everyone that will hear me there's more to this story than the NYFG are letting on. Something not just right here with Wilson. I beginning to think he won't be the player that Jerry & complany thought he was going to be.

I may be wrong but please prove me wrong. Let the player get more touches to prove me wrong. I don't want to see a FA pickup in the backfield when the games on the line in the 3rd & 4th quarter when we got a #1 RB draft pick riding the pine.

Now I feel much better.

Zaggs
12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
What the hell do you want him to do with only 4 touches? Its not like the line play has been stellar. Yet they're running screens with bradshaw and lumpkin for crying out loud.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 09:10 AM
He's a rookie and he's not ready, that's the message.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
What the hell do you want him to do with only 4 touches? Its not like the line play has been stellar. Yet they're running screens with bradshaw and lumpkin for crying out loud.

The line blocked well enough to get 100+ Yards

Jahh
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
They didn't put him in for a single 3rd down. I want to see him try to pass protect. You think the defense has the clue at this point that if Wilson is in, he's running it?

Flip Empty
12-04-2012, 09:12 AM
He wasn't needed. Bradshaw was doing well

jakegibbs
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
He wasn't needed. Bradshaw was doing well

That's not the issue. We need to match speed with speed & that's what Wilson was suppose to bring to the table. A couple of the Bradshaw runs if Wison were the ball carrier could have been electric game breaking to the house TDs. I wanna see if this guy has it or not that's all. 3/4 of the season is done & we still don't know doodley squat about a #1 draft pick.... please give me a break.

GMAN2K9
12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
He's a rookie and he's not ready, that's the message.

...and Lumpkin is ready enough for a screen out wide?!?! Cmon! Beyond stupid. Play the kid

Buddy333
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
He's a rookie and he's not ready, that's the message.That's what it seems to be. He is their #2 now because of injuries. You would wish a first round pick would play better, but it is what it is. It does not mean he is a bust. He is just not ready yet.

Tribigblu
12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Blame Killdrive ...

Flip Empty
12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
...and Lumpkin is ready enough for a screen out wide?!?! Cmon! Beyond stupid. Play the kid
Yeah that was a bit of a slap in the face I thought. Lumpkin was unemployed last week. And come on, no-one deserves to be superceded by a guy named "Lumpkin"

hadenough
12-04-2012, 09:40 AM
David Wilson

All last week we heard from front office it was Wilson time to step up & be the player they drafted as their #1 first round pick. All the extra time he put in with Rhino after practice was to equate to a lot more playing time & when I looked & saw a player who'd only been on this team for less than a week playing RB on crucial drives in the 2nd half that could have been the turning point in the game I got sick to my stomach.

Now what's gonna be the spin coming out of the Giant locker room this week when I'm sure they're gonna be asked a question like: 4 rushes are you kidding me is that what you call getting more involved & stepping up in the offense?

I telling everyone that will hear me there's more to this story than the NYFG are letting on. Something not just right here with Wilson. I beginning to think he won't be the player that Jerry & complany thought he was going to be.

I may be wrong but please prove me wrong. Let the player get more touches to prove me wrong. I don't want to see a FA pickup in the backfield when the games on the line in the 3rd & 4th quarter when we got a #1 RB draft pick riding the pine.

Now I feel much better.

He doesn't look like he has any confidence out of the backfield. I'm sure getting benched for 5 games after your 1st game didn't help. He doesn't have great vision either...he gets hit hard way too many times.

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 10:11 AM
He didn't look good on any of his 4 runs. why give him more? He has great straight line speed right into the guys blocking for him. People on here need to pull there head out of the sand and quit making excuses for him. For a first round pick he should be able to contribute way more than he has. I'm not calling him a bust just a questionable pick at this point. He got outplayed my a 6th round pick by a significant margin. He's not ready some say, why not? If this is gonna be the pace of his development should he of been a number 1 pick?

BlueSanta
12-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Thought I'd go digging for some old and relevant threads.

NYGAiG88
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
hahaa good call!

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Thought I'd go digging for some old and relevant threads.

great thead find. lol

Wilson would like this one.

gmenfan0488
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
this thread poster looks dumb today......... I think Wilson continues the trend,

TrickAssP
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Wilson is trending

Roosevelt
12-09-2012, 09:16 PM
David Wilson

Now I feel much better.

I guess the kid proved you wrong.

PRGiant
12-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Lol i'll more than just the OP.