PDA

View Full Version : laugh @ perry fool

Osi_baby
12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
haha i watched perry fool's gaints.com interview and when asked what he wants to see corrected, he responded... "we need to get pressure faster." yeah, good luck trying to accomplish that rushing 3 guys.

as soon as season is over, fire his *** and bring spagnuolo back. giants wont win with fool's soft / girly defensive play calling

Osi_baby
12-22-2011, 04:17 PM
after taking the lack of response into consideration, ive come to the realization that everyone is just in agreement. glad we're all on board

Die-Hard
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
You are preaching to the choir, my man. None of us are particularly happy with Fewell and his defense.

Oh, and don't misspell words to get around the profanity filter. It's heavily frowned upon.

FishinTheSalt
12-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I agree, fewell needs to go. But what do you expect him to say? Judging from what I'm hearing from grant and others, the players don't even have the confidence in their own scheme. Time for change.

JMFP2
12-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree, fewell needs to go. But what do you expect him to say? Judging from what I'm hearing from grant and others, the players don't even have the confidence in their own scheme. Time for change.

Grant's comments were definitely telling. Who the hell wants to occupy a square and wait to tackle someone? That's pretty much what this has been reduced to.....nobody is jumping the ball, because nobody knows what the **** to do.

These guys need to attack....even if it burns them, they have to go with their instincts and talents.

Corey Webster playing zone is a waste of talent. Same thing with Ross, even though a lot of people dog him....he's okay when he's allowed to be physical.

MikeIsaGiant
12-22-2011, 04:42 PM
He's a fool, I'm glad everyone wants him out of here. Or at least the sane ones.

JMFP2
12-22-2011, 04:43 PM
He's a fool, I'm glad everyone wants him out of here. Or at least the sane ones.

3rd and 17, rushes 3. Case closed for me.

Osi_baby
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
i almost feel like perry fool is playing such soft defense because he's afraid that giving up the big play will cause him to lose his job. what the fool doesnt realize is that his selfishness for job security results in losses for the giants. and on top of that, not allowing the big play DOES NOT make up for allowing 400 yards/game... its worse!

RETROSPECT:

Playing tough aggressive defense that allows around 300 yards/game (which may include a big play or 2) is WAY better than a soft zone defense allowing 400 yards/game.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TO TOUGH / ATTACKING DEFENSE:

1) Opposing offense feels flustered, rushed and out of rhythm due to pressure [***opposite reaction in all aspects when soft zone is played***]
2) Forces more turnovers
3) Builds momentum
4) Provides more possessions for the Giants offense
5) Builds team confidence
6) Sets the tone for the game
7) Takes opponent away from initial game plan

scf424
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Id rather get burned on a blitz for a long TD then have them chip away on 3rd downs and eat the clock.

Saves time.

Ruttiger711
12-22-2011, 06:11 PM
While I'm not his biggest supporter either - we can rush 5 and still get no pressure.

Osi_baby
12-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Id rather get burned on a blitz for a long TD then have them chip away on 3rd downs and eat the clock.

Saves time.

total agreement. if you're going to let up a touchdown anyway, might as well do it on a big play instead of wearing your own defense out on a 15play drive. success rate for a 50-yard play is drastically lower than the success rate of a 5-yard play. but its all the same if you're willing to let them have ten 5-yard plays. so you might as well force them to complete these low percentage plays rather than giving them all the underneath stuff. its such elementary thinking, it makes me wonder what are we paying these coaches for.

elifan10
12-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Perry Fewell is the biggest joke ever him and Sheridan should retire from football.

NJ10
12-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Perry Fewell is the biggest joke ever him and Sheridan should retire from football.

Our defense was pretty good last year under him. Not great, but good. And I remember everybody was glad we had him. Now, to his defense. Osi has missed more than half the season, Tuck has been injured all year and looks like a shell of himself, Goff out for the year, TT out for the year, Prince missed more than half the year, Marvin Austin out for the year, Boley has missed games. Who else am I missing.

Kruunch
12-23-2011, 09:03 AM
While I'm not his biggest supporter either - we can rush 5 and still get no pressure.

I'd rather go down swinging than looking.

Joe Morrison
12-23-2011, 09:08 AM
i almost feel like perry fool is playing such soft defense because he's afraid that giving up the big play will cause him to lose his job. what the fool doesnt realize is that his selfishness for job security results in losses for the giants. and on top of that, not allowing the big play DOES NOT make up for allowing 400 yards/game... its worse!

RETROSPECT:

Playing tough aggressive defense that allows around 300 yards/game (which may include a big play or 2) is WAY better than a soft zone defense allowing 400 yards/game.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TO TOUGH / ATTACKING DEFENSE:

1) Opposing offense feels flustered, rushed and out of rhythm due to pressure [***opposite reaction in all aspects when soft zone is played***]
2) Forces more turnovers
3) Builds momentum
4) Provides more possessions for the Giants offense
5) Builds team confidence
6) Sets the tone for the game
7) Takes opponent away from initial game plan
</P>

I don't know what you have been watching but he opposing team hitting big plays is pretty much the norm, so I guess he will be getting the ax following your logic</P>

Ruttiger711
12-23-2011, 11:48 AM
While I'm not his biggest supporter either - we can rush 5 and still get no pressure. I'd rather go down swinging than looking.</P>

</P>

I hear you - but the Giants have been swinging like b****** lately. You never want to be seen doing that :)</P>

VBGiantsFan
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I hear what youre saying but the great coordinators adapt their strategy. He was going to use TT on a lot of cb blitzes, was he the ONLY guy capable of that? boley used to be a great blitzer but now he just waits on tightends. Fewell never adapted to imjuries he just stopped using certain formatioms amd calls thst could still be effective he gave up hence all the zone.