PDA

View Full Version : Manningbowl, IZBO1, LuckOfTuck and a few others - Please take note

Pages : 1 [2]

Bluedude2
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Sweet, but it does take away some of the fun of kicking the "slowbie". </P>

NYG_inul
02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
I feel that the Mods are some of the best I've ever seen. They are very lenient with what they let go around here... I have to agree with Tommy. Every thread shouldn't become an Eli bashing session.

It's not taking away their freedom of speech, it's taking away the annoying practice of thread hijacking. They can still make a thread about Eli. They aren't telling these people to stop posting. They're saying stop bashing Eli in threads that have nothing to do with him. A thread about upgrading the WR shouldn't turn into Bash-A-Manning. You can talk about WR without throwing the QB in there.

Example...

Thread: Let's Upgrade the WR Position

Reply: I would like to see us get Braylon Edwards from the Browns. He's really good. If we can't get him, there are people in the draft we could pick up like Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt

No Eli was mentioned in that.

It's possible for all you one-trick dogs out there to learn some new things and post about stuff other than Eli...

so how is your example bashing eli? i dont get it. maybe im a little slow

Bluedude2
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Its an example of a good thread with no Eli bashing.

Mua Dib
02-19-2009, 10:36 AM
im really not trying to start any trouble, but i just thought id post what i feel. thats it. u know?
People are just playing dude. If you look at the boards the Mods aren't going nuts trying to censor anybody they are just trying to be fair to those who would like to discuss something and keep it on topicand not having it turn contantly into,"is Eli worthy to breath air."

bigblue58
02-19-2009, 10:43 AM
"Going Off Topic" is against the rules of the message board, and thus.....well within the rights of the moderators to control! Your right to free speech does not allow you to break the rules of the board, and go off topic, any more than it allows you to have a loud conversation in a movie theatre, while people are trying to watch the damn movie!!!! There are these things called RULES, and you agreed to follow them when you signed up to be a member of this message board! </P>

LT= Lawrence Taylor
02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
I feel that the Mods are some of the best I've ever seen. They are very lenient with what they let go around here... I have to agree with Tommy. Every thread shouldn't become an Eli bashing session.

It's not taking away their freedom of speech, it's taking away the annoying practice of thread hijacking. They can still make a thread about Eli. They aren't telling these people to stop posting. They're saying stop bashing Eli in threads that have nothing to do with him. A thread about upgrading the WR shouldn't turn into Bash-A-Manning. You can talk about WR without throwing the QB in there.

Example...

Reply: I would like to see us get Braylon Edwards from the Browns. He's really good. If we can't get him, there are people in the draft we could pick up like Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt

It's possible for all you one-trick dogs out there to learn some new things and post about stuff other than Eli...

No, my example is not bashing Eli... my example was an example of a thread that you can make about WR without mentioning Eli... this is what's getting on the Mods nerves..

Thread: LET'S GET BRAYLON!!!

Reply: y do u want braylon because he is 6 feet well if eli could actually throw to people and not suck at life then we would be fine with what we had and not have to invest in a 6'4 option just so he can throw high and feel good about himself

My example that you quoted was showing people that it is possible to have a conversation about the Giants without mentioning the name Eli Manning... it's possible folks, let's start doing it...

gumby742
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM

Example...

No, my example is not bashing Eli... my example was an example of a thread that you can make about WR without mentioning Eli... this is what's getting on the Mods nerves..

Reply: y do u want braylon because he is 6 feet well if eli could actually throw to people and not suck at life then we would be fine with what we had and not have to invest in a 6'4 option just so he can throw high and feel good about himself

My example that you quoted was showing people that it is possible to have a conversation about the Giants without mentioning the name Eli Manning... it's possible folks, let's start doing it...
</P>

Hold on a sec. So how do you say that a certain type of receiver suits Eli better because Eli has problems hitting them in stride without you considering it "bashing". </P>

So how do we address Eli's issues without mentioning Eli?</P>

bigblue4417
02-19-2009, 11:06 AM

Example...

</p>

Hold on a sec. So how do you say that a certain type of receiver suits Eli better because Eli has problems hitting them in stride without you considering it "bashing". </p>

<font color="#0000ff">So how do we address Eli's issues without mentioning Eli?</font></p>
http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2008/02/03/eli_manning_super_bowl_mvp_2.jpg

Mua Dib
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM

Example...

</P>

Hold on a sec. So how do you say that a certain type of receiver suits Eli better because Eli has problems hitting them in stride without you considering it "bashing". </P>

So how do we address Eli's issues without mentioning Eli?</P>I think the point is when "We need to Beef up our LB corp" threads turn into "well if Eli could throw a spiral our D wouldn't have to bail him out" BS. Now if the poster is saying "Eli needs a tallWR because he tends to throw high" then it's fair game for all the tools who have unrealistic expectations of perfection in a Qb to bash away. [:)]

patsrule666
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM

Example...

</P>

Easy, we start a Eli sucks post...</P>

Here, i will go first....Eli sucks at eating Oreo cookies....He couldnt do it right even if it was double stuffed.............</P>

NYG_inul
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Example...

i get your point now... but heres the thing.... i really do believe that Eli needs a tall hot receiver to throw to because Eli does throws a lot of ducks and u need someone tall enough or athletic enough to catch those balls. Like did u see Eli throw to Fitz? he had to make a play.. a very good play to catch that ball. i think Fitz is 6'3 but his ability is unique and u need a guy like that to catch an eli manning ball. get my drift. and thats what plaixco was kinda like.

Mod_C
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Example...

</p>

Hold on a sec. So how do you say that a certain type of receiver suits Eli better because Eli has problems hitting them in stride without you considering it "bashing". </p>

So how do we address Eli's issues without mentioning Eli?</p>

To answer your question, posters are still allowed to make Eli threads about his issues if they please.

We'll have to see how this all plays out...

Going to what LT posted, I think that if someone posts "I would rather have a tall receiver because Eli has a tendency to throw high" would be okay because it's true.

It's just hijacking a thread and turning it into an Eli bashing session that we want to avoid.

We'll have to see how this plays out...

NYG_inul
02-19-2009, 11:13 AM
dont get me wrong, i love eli, he just needs special receivers to catch his passes.

Mod_C
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM

Example...

</p>

Easy, we start a Eli sucks post...</p>

Here, i will go first....Eli sucks at eating Oreo cookies....He couldnt do it right even if it was double stuffed.............</p>

LOL.

I heard he was better at it than Brady [;)]

izbo1
02-19-2009, 11:45 AM

Example...

</p>

To answer your question, posters are still allowed to make Eli threads about his issues if they please.

Going to what LT posted, I think that if someone posts "I would rather have a tall receiver because Eli has a tendency to throw high" would be okay because it's true.

It's just hijacking a thread and turning it into an Eli bashing session that we want to avoid.

lets see if i got this then, if there is a post saying what type of reciever is needed, i can post something to the effect of we need a physical reciever to account for eli who is not the most accurate of passers, so the reciever can fight for the ball and make the play.

Then if other posters start calling me out on that i should just start a new thread on elis accuracy issues to avoid hijacking that one?

MattMeyerBud
02-19-2009, 11:48 AM
o god... ur still going on this... just shut up and stop being annoying and turning everything into an eli debate and everything will be fine/...

Bluedude2
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
wow, a perfect example.

MattMeyerBud
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Example...

</P>

Hold on a sec.* So how do you say that a certain type of receiver suits Eli better because Eli has problems hitting them in stride without you considering it "bashing".* </P>

So how do we address Eli's issues without mentioning Eli?*</P>

nobody said u can't do it, just don't do it in non-eli threads...

patsrule666
02-19-2009, 11:50 AM

Example...

</P>

Easy, we start a Eli sucks post...</P>

Here, i will go first....Eli sucks at eating Oreo cookies....He couldnt do it right even if it was double stuffed.............</P>

LOL.

I heard he was better at it than Brady [;)]
Ha- yes maybe so, but big Vince could eat Eli, Tom, and the box of cookies...at the same time........lol.

Bluedude2
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Lorenzen would crush them all. How about that for a thread hijack example?

NYG_inul
02-19-2009, 11:55 AM

Example...

</p>

lets see if i got this then, if there is a post saying what type of reciever is needed, i can post something to the effect of we need a physical reciever to account for eli who is not the most accurate of passers, so the reciever can fight for the ball and make the play.

Then if other posters start calling me out on that i should just start a new thread on elis accuracy issues to avoid hijacking that one?

see i totally get what your saying izbo

MattMeyerBud
02-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Example...

</p>

Hold on a sec.* So how do you say that a certain type of receiver suits Eli better because Eli has problems hitting them in stride without you considering it "bashing".* </p>

So how do we address Eli's issues without mentioning Eli?*</p>

if he starts on eli in a non eli thread and it hijacks the thread, then yes it is his fault

Its a very simple request, don't turn every thread into an eli thread. Shouldn't be any debate on it just don't do it, there are plenty of threads to put the garbage in, stick to them.

What kind of WR should we get shouldn't be used as ANOTER way to hear them bring it up. In laymens terms, just stop being annoying

bigblue4417
02-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Example...

</p>

<font size="6">stop being annoying</font>

Mod_M
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Enough of this now. I would ask the other Mods to please stop humoring this thread with replies. Tommy put the point across, we've heard from the guilty parties and everthing has been taken into account.

Bottom line, those that do hijack threads, do know exactly what they are doing. Don't do it and there won't be any issues.

We never said you can't be anti-eli so stop trying to use that as a crutch to spur the argument that your Freedom of Speech is being shut down. This is the internet and we have fans from other countries on here as well.

Just end it.

izbo1
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Enough of this now. I would ask the other Mods to please stop humoring this thread with replies. Tommy put the point across, we've heard from the guilty parties and everthing has been taken into account.

Bottom line, those that do hijack threads, do know exactly what they are doing. Don't do it and there won't be any issues.

We never said you can't be anti-eli so stop trying to use that as a crutch to spur the argument that your Freedom of Speech is being shut down. This is the internet and we have fans from other countries on here as well.

Just end it.
what are you upset that since some members of e.m.p.a got promoted to mods that their little rule, to avoid their feelings being hurt by truth, is now being challenged. This rule is clearly unfair in that when we discuss offense and playcalling we see eli as part of this problem and point it out then its such a issue for so many on here that eli may have some issues that they fight it tooth and nail and the thread goes off topic.

Mod_M
02-19-2009, 12:38 PM

Just end it.
what are you upset that since some members of e.m.p.a got promoted to mods that their little rule, to avoid their feelings being hurt by truth, is now being challenged.* This rule is clearly unfair in that when we discuss offense and playcalling we see eli as part of this problem and point it out then its such a issue for so many on here that eli may have some issues that they fight it tooth and nail and the thread goes off topic.

Tommy Ribs isn't a new mod and hes the one that started this thread.

Stop playing the martyr role because its not working. TR is right in his assessment and if you keep continuing with this your posts will be deleted and/or in certain situations you may go on a vacation for a little bit.

To repeat, we don't care if your anti-eli or not. We do care when you hurt the quality of the boards which is exactly what your doing. Accept it or don't, the points have been made and we're going to follow through on it.

Tommy_Ribs
02-19-2009, 01:10 PM
things that eli is relevant to that i will continue to post about him in are;

1. any eli thread obvious
2. Any thread about recievers needed or needing improvement
3 any thread that contains the words free agent and we can't afford as by asking for the riches contract in the nfl to not even be top 10 he makes himself relevant.
4. play calling threads as he is involved and its not always the play calling its execution.
</P>

That's fine - just understand that after you write those posts, some of them may get chucked.</P>

It may be heavy handed, but you and some others are forcing our hands.</P>

</P>

Tommy_Ribs
02-19-2009, 01:19 PM
im really not trying to start any trouble, but i just thought id post what i feel. thats it. u know?
</P>

You are not starting trouble.</P>

But let me re-iterate, what we want to do is eliminate the same 4 or 5 guys from hi-jacking threads that are of different topics into an Eli Sucks discussion.</P>

We know they don't like ELi, and they are entitled to that opinion, we just want to keep on topic.</P>

Have you ever had a nice thread going and then a troll hi-jacks it and the next thing you know there is a 3-way argument?</P>

I want to try and avoid that.</P>

There was a nice thread going about getting a new #1 receiver and then it turned into a 5 page argument about how Eli sucked vs the Eagles and that it was his fault he missed Steve Smith, not Steve Smith's fault he missed the pass.</P>

After 6 years on this MB it was the tipping point for me, and it is the right thing to do.</P>

We have 9 even handed and fair mods on here that can do the job, and at the end of the day provide a better experience for the 99.99% of likewise fair minded board members.</P>

Tommy_Ribs
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM

</P>

Izbo - honestly b/c of your history, you and some others lose the benefit of the doubt and lattitude we would give to other people.</P>

I am not bashing you, but giving you honest feedback. B/c you live to crush ELi at every opportunity it jsut becomes noise. And when something is too noisy what do you do? You turn down the volume.</P>

dezzzR
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Enough of this now. I would ask the other Mods to please stop humoring this thread with replies. Tommy put the point across, we've heard from the guilty parties and everthing has been taken into account. Bottom line, those that do hijack threads, do know exactly what they are doing. Don't do it and there won't be any issues. We never said you can't be anti-eli so stop trying to use that as a crutch to spur the argument that your Freedom of Speech is being shut down. This is the internet and we have fans from other countries on here as well. Just end it.</P>

sorry Mr. M. but isnt it true that we dont have freedom of speech on these boards, that we accepted an agreement in order to post? lol i just got a 3 day ban from another site and was trying the whole my rights are being violated and he put me down fast.lol thats their rules though.</P>

NYG_inul
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
</p>

You are not starting trouble.</p>

But let me re-iterate, what we want to do is eliminate the same 4 or 5 guys from hi-jacking threads that are of different topics into an Eli Sucks discussion.</p>

We know they don't like ELi, and they are entitled to that opinion, we just want to keep on topic.</p>

<font color="#ff1493" face="Arial">Have you ever had a nice thread going and then a troll hi-jacks it and the next thing you know there is a 3-way argument?</font></p>

I want to try and avoid that.</p>

There was a nice thread going about getting a new #1 receiver and then it turned into a 5 page argument about how Eli sucked vs the Eagles and that it was his fault he missed Steve Smith, not Steve Smith's fault he missed the pass.</p>

After 6 years on this MB it was the tipping point for me, and it is the right thing to do.</p>

We have 9 even handed and fair mods on here that can do the job, and at the end of the day provide a better experience for the 99.99% of likewise fair minded board members.</p>

not that i can recall. but yea that would suck if it happened.

i mean if i was talking about How McNabb is like the Drew Bledsoe of quarterbacks... and i asked if someone if it was true or not true... or if they agreed... and then we get an argument about.....

Eli Manning is the Jake Plummer of Quartbacks.... then id have to be okay with that because its the same thing that i am kinda talking about and i remember someone making that argument before.

but i am sure you are talking about something more severe correct?

bigblue4417
02-19-2009, 01:40 PM
</p>

<font size="4">When something is too noisy what do you do? You turn down the volume.</font></p>

MattMeyerBud
02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
</p>

You are not starting trouble.</p>

But let me re-iterate, what we want to do is eliminate the same 4 or 5 guys from hi-jacking threads that are of different topics into an Eli Sucks discussion.</p>

We know they don't like ELi, and they are entitled to that opinion, we just want to keep on topic.</p>

<font color="#ff1493" face="Arial">Have you ever had a nice thread going and then a troll hi-jacks it and the next thing you know there is a 3-way argument?</font></p>

I want to try and avoid that.</p>

There was a nice thread going about getting a new #1 receiver and then it turned into a 5 page argument about how Eli sucked vs the Eagles and that it was his fault he missed Steve Smith, not Steve Smith's fault he missed the pass.</p>

After 6 years on this MB it was the tipping point for me, and it is the right thing to do.</p>

We have 9 even handed and fair mods on here that can do the job, and at the end of the day provide a better experience for the 99.99% of likewise fair minded board members.</p>

not that i can recall. but yea that would suck if it happened.

i mean if i was talking about How McNabb is like the Drew Bledsoe of quarterbacks... and i asked if someone if it was true or not true... or if they agreed... and then we get an argument about.....

Eli Manning is the Jake Plummer of Quartbacks.... then id have to be okay with that because its the same thing that i am kinda talking about and i remember someone making that argument before.

but i am sure you are talking about something more severe correct?

i wouldn't worry about it, this wasn't directed towards you. Just those that do it on purpose and constantly.