PDA

View Full Version : I am SCARED that Spags is going to Philly......

elifan10
12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
He has already won a superbowl with the Giants, what more can he do?</P>

He always wanted Philly DC job and how can he pass it up with their defensive talent?</P>

I really hope he comes back to NY. We NEED him. This would be such a great signing. Please come back STEVE!!!!!!!!!!</P>

GMAN2K9
12-22-2011, 08:41 PM
I would be too if it materialized BUT it seems like every indication from the Philly outlets here is that Reid and Co have earned another run at it in 2012 finishing the year 7-9/8-8

fewellmustgo
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM
He has already won a superbowl with the Giants, what more can he do?</p>

He always wanted Philly DC job and how can he pass it up with their defensive talent?</p>

I really hope he comes back to NY. We NEED him. This would be such a great signing. Please come back STEVE!!!!!!!!!!</p>

I want him back 2. I think he may pick the Giants if push came to shove if Tom stays. I think he may feel that he would have a good chance to take over when Tom retires. I also think he would love to coach a young JPP.

Gmen2005
12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
If I'm Spags I want to go to the place with a franchise quarterback.

TrueBlue07
12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Count me as one on the list of ppl worried he will go to Philly. It seems like it would be a two horse race at this point. This means we should be rooting for Philly's defense to play well over the last two games lol

elifan10
12-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Count me as one on the list of ppl worried he will go to Philly.* It seems like it would be a two horse race at this point.* This means we should be rooting for Philly's defense to play well over the last two games lol

Yeah defintely. I hope phillys d plays good for these two games and they get stuck with Castillo. And then Spags can come back

BigBlue187
12-23-2011, 12:08 AM
No way they bring back Castillo as D coordinator. I mean if they do that would be great though lol

zigwontdieNYG
12-23-2011, 05:43 AM
spags would be uplifting

TuckYou
12-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Would you guys rather win the division and Spags goes to Philly, or have Philly win the division forcing them to keep the staff together and not get Spags?

zigwontdieNYG
12-23-2011, 05:52 AM
neither.

Firenugget
12-23-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure why everyone assumes Spags would go to Philly or come here. That's instant pressure to recreate what you had in both scenarios. If I'm Spags and going back to DC, I'm looking for fresh ground.

NJ10
12-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Anybody that doesn't want Spags back here would be insane. Our defense has really fallen off since he left Maybe they can give him like a head coach in waiting type of deal. I love Tom but he is getting up there in age, how much longer can he coach?

BlueBlitzer
12-23-2011, 07:35 AM
With JPP,Tuck,Kiwi, and maybe still Osi. Spags will lick his wounds, come back to players that love and respect Him, And still have a great chance at another SB.

NJ10
12-23-2011, 07:41 AM
With JPP,Tuck,Kiwi, and maybe still Osi. Spags will lick his wounds, come back to players that love and respect Him, And still have a great chance at another SB.

Absolutely, he was loved he by the players and the fans.

fletch842
12-23-2011, 07:55 AM
everyone is assuming that his job in St Louis is already gone, and that no one else will offer him up another head coaching job.

He was handed a steaming pile of rot when he arrived there, that he couldn't turn it into gold may not preclude him from other opportunities.

Tony Bruno
12-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah that would pretty much stink... We know Philly would get him what he needed to to add to that D... that would be scary... I think Reid and Co. get another shot though...

Red Dog
12-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Try disappointed instead of being scared. Be great to have him back but scared is silly. It's football not death. He's been in Philly before and life went on, the Giants won games. Get over it. The next Giants HC will pick his own man.

nycisgreat
12-23-2011, 08:44 AM

He always wanted Philly DC job and how can he pass it up with their defensive talent?</P>

I really hope he comes back to NY. We NEED him. This would be such a great signing. Please come back STEVE!!!!!!!!!!</P>

Man, this can definitely happen. I can see management dragging there feet about Perry Fools fate with the team.

funkybudda
12-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I think the only way Spag would come back is for a HC job, which I wouldnt mind. TC time is over, we need a new direction.

G-Men Surg.
12-23-2011, 01:44 PM

Even if Spags gets fired there's no way the Eggholes are eating Andy's 2 years 10 mill. contract. IMO impossible.

simms56
12-23-2011, 03:38 PM
everyone is assuming that his job in St Louis is already gone, and that no one else will offer him up another head coaching job.

He was handed a steaming pile of rot when he arrived there, that he couldn't turn it into gold may not preclude him from other opportunities.

With the serious dropoff from last year, especially from Bradford, I don't see any way that Spags is getting another HC job right away. To me he is a great coordinator, and there is nothing wrong with that.

JesseJames
12-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I think if Spags gets to have a choice between us and the Eagles he'll come back here because he knows what the fans here think of him and if the price is comparable to what the Eagles offer he'll come back to where the love is..

ocky
12-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Wrong. Philly was his foundation and Ny was just a opportunity just like St. Louis.

foosball
12-24-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm scared my local grocery store is going to raise the price of pie.