PDA

View Full Version : I just realized why Ryan Leaf failed so hard in the NFL...

DemandedAce
12-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Kevin Gilbride was his head coach in San Diego back then! It all makes sense now I never knew that!

Drez
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Fail.</P>

Gilbride was no longer there when they drafted Leaf.</P>

DemandedAce
12-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Fail.</P>

Fail on you, Leaf was drafted 1998 and that was Gilbride's last season as head coach.

NYfanatic
12-22-2011, 11:55 PM
huh, yep kevin was the HC from 97-98. So maybe it was kevin that screwed up in agreeing to select leaf?

Drez
12-23-2011, 12:41 AM
huh, yep kevin was the HC from 97-98. So maybe it was kevin that screwed up in agreeing to select leaf?
</P>

I don't think that matters much, as the Chargers picked second that year. The Colts grabbedManning with the first selection,and SDtraded a boat load of picks to Arizona to move up from 4 to 2 to grab Leaf.</P>

Drez
12-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Fail.</P>

Fail on you, Leaf was drafted 1998 and that was Gilbride's last season as head coach.My bad. I read listing wrong, as in 97-98 meaning the 97-98 season, not the 1997 and 1998 season.</P>

Either way, Leaf bombed because he was a bum, not because of KG.</P>

If that were the case, explain Moon, Brunell, and Eli.</P>

nYg24
12-23-2011, 01:33 AM
Eli has thrived under Gilbride. Leaf was just a ******. If anything, Leaf caused Gilbride to fail as a head coach.

GameTime
12-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Leaf didnt want it bad enough. Thats why he failed...
your assessment is amusing but not even close to being correct.

DemandedAce
12-23-2011, 03:16 AM
man, try to make one joke because everyone in here is all gloom and doom this week and people think you're serious and insane

Drez
12-23-2011, 04:28 AM
man, try to make one joke because everyone in here is all gloom and doom this week and people think you're serious and insane</P>

Considering the **** KG gets around here even when we have an excellent offensive game, forgive the fact that people didn't realize that you were making a joke.</P>

sideline sneek
12-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Eli has thrived under Gilbride. Leaf was just a ******. If anything, Leaf caused Gilbride to fail as a head coach.True, along with Bobby Beef fart (Beathard). They didn't get along!!!!

SweetZombieJesus
12-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Either way, Leaf bombed because he was a bum, not because of KG.</p>

I'm not so sure about that. Leaf and Peyton became friends during that draft and compared notes on their organizations weekly. San Diego was (is) a basket-case organization that threw Leaf into the fire. That's why the Mannings didn't want Eli to go there 6 years later.

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I love that our offense and our QB have been terrific this year, despite a below average OL andthe fact thatUDFA's were thrust into huge roles in the passing game, yet there are 50 threads daily about how bad our OC is . . . .

DemandedAce
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I love that our offense and our QB have been terrific this year, despite a below average OL and*the fact that*UDFA's were thrust into huge roles in the passing game, yet there are 50 threads daily about how bad our OC is . . . .

Our offense and playcalling has been terrific? Really? Is that what you call our constantly settling for fieldgoals because (this is a shocker here) our 3rd and long shotgun draw somehow didn't gain us the required eight yards?!

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2011, 11:08 AM
I love that our offense and our QB have been terrific this year, despite a below average OL andthe fact thatUDFA's were thrust into huge roles in the passing game, yet there are 50 threads daily about how bad our OC is . . . . Our offense and playcalling has been terrific? Really? Is that what you call our constantly settling for fieldgoals because (this is a shocker here) our 3rd and long shotgun draw somehow didn't gain us the required eight yards?!</P>

Constantly settling for field goals?? We have 16 field goals all year -- an average of one per game.</P>

Oh and by the way, we are 7th in the NFL in TD% in the red zone.</P>

burier
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Either way, Leaf bombed because he was a bum, not because of KG.</p>

I'm not so sure about that.* Leaf and Peyton became friends during that draft and compared notes on their organizations weekly.* San Diego was (is) a basket-case organization that threw Leaf into the fire.* That's why the Mannings didn't want Eli to go there 6 years later.

I heard the same thing and it sounds right to me.

Why else would Eli be so adamant about NOT playing in Sunny San Diego especially knowing that the alternative was very likely the cold, cruel and relentless lights on broadway.

YATittle1962
12-23-2011, 11:14 AM
yeah Leaf failed because of Gilbride........my goodness

some of you cats must have extremely long arms........cus you be reeeeeeeeeaching

DemandedAce
12-23-2011, 11:17 AM

some of you cats must have extremely long arms........cus you be reeeeeeeeeaching

Sigh, never again will I try to inject a humorous post onto these boards in the week following a bad loss. It's like the time I used Osi's Madden stats as a joke and everyone took it so seriously as well, yikes.

Learn to laugh a little guys, you'll live longer.

GameTime
12-23-2011, 11:27 AM
yeah Leaf failed because of Gilbride........my goodness some of you cats must have extremely long arms........cus you be reeeeeeeeeaching Sigh, never again will I try to inject a humorous post onto these boards in the week following a bad loss. It's like the time I used Osi's Madden stats as a joke and everyone took it so seriously as well, yikes. Learn to laugh a little guys, you'll live longer.</P>

come on man you've been on these boards..</P>

unfortunately you have to give us a hint that you are being humorous. A thread like this could be totally serious given the members that are on here....</P>

use red font or a smiley face or something....[;)]</P>

YATittle1962
12-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Sigh, never again will I try to inject a humorous post onto these boards in the week following a bad loss. It's like the time I used Osi's Madden stats as a joke and everyone took it so seriously as well, yikes.

Learn to laugh a little guys, you'll live longer.

you cant tell me you havent seen things just as ridiculous meant to be taken literally .....

oh and trust me....I laughed