PDA

View Full Version : wtf Greg???

Rusty192
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Trying to eliminate kickoffs?

What gives?

gmen0820
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Greg Schiano can't do anything alone, and that's how our society works. Someone suggests something, and if it's viewed as a good idea, it is voted upon and thereupon enforced. If there aren't kickoffs in the league next year, then most people agree with Schiano.

gmen0820
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I just don't see the point of replacing a kick off with a punt off.

Broadway Blue
12-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't see it happening at all

Rusty192
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Greg Schiano can't do anything alone, and that's how our society works. Someone suggests something, and if it's viewed as a good idea, it is voted upon and thereupon enforcedLOL. uh, you do realize I'm asking Greg Schiano here on the boards. Ya know, the coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

I'm interested for his take on this.

gmen0820
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Trying to eliminate kickoffs?What gives?Because in these six words we are all expected to infer that you are speaking to someone on the boards? LOL, uh, how is anyone supposed to realize this? Just what again in your post suggests this?

Rusty192
12-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Because in these six words we are all expected to infer that you are speaking to someone on the boards? LOL, uh, how is anyone supposed to realize this? Maybe because if you spend time in this section, you would note that Greg Shiano occasionally graces us with his presence, and we chat with him.
Just what again in your post suggests this?....The fact I started a thread entitled "wtf greg?" and asked: "what gives?"...

Now the fun is kinda out of it......oh well.

Toadofsteel
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/12/7/LUO6eQFQ6UCgQwA_KPyTPg2.jpg

PBTimmons
12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
After further thought...

If they were to actually ban kickoffs completely, this is certainly a better idea than just having teams start at the 20 yard line or something lame like that.

I don't fault the guy for offering a suggestion because it's not hard to foresee a day in the NFL where kickoffs are a former notion.

Rat_bastich
12-09-2012, 05:23 AM
I have been reading and listening to various interviews about the reason behind the elimination of kick-offs. I disagree in the elimination because of a change in the complexion of the game and the elimination of a job that some people have. I agree though because the percentage of injuries is much higher on kick-offs than any other part of the game. More players are injured when they have a full speed collision as opposed to punt returns where there is not as much of a distance and there are blocks way before contact is made with a returner.

Hassett00
12-12-2012, 06:33 AM
They may aswell remove run plays if this is the case. Make it just a passing league. It's Soooooooo much safer.

Why remove something that makes the game exciting. Prime example was the Saints game. It can change games in an instant.

Greg Schiano
02-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Guys, I was joking about eliminating the kickoffs to Goodell. That moron just took me seriously. Come on, I'm the guy that crashes the victory formation. Did you really think I give an Eagle about player safety?

TroyArcher
02-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Trying to eliminate kickoffs?

What gives?

You remind me of Manti Teo.

Greg Schiano
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
You remind me of Manti Teo.
You remind me of my Quarterback, Josh Freeman.
http://blogimages.thescore.com/nfl/files/2013/02/josh-freeman-jackson.jpg

Rusty192
02-09-2013, 10:36 PM
You remind me of Manti Teo.lol, elaborate.

Rusty192
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Guys, I was joking about eliminating the kickoffs to Goodell. That moron just took me seriously. Come on, I'm the guy that crashes the victory formation. Did you really think I give an Eagle about player safety?yo! great to see ya coach. Hope the off-seasons been treating you well. I def believe you can give those pesky falcons a run for their money at the division next season, now that you are established in Tampa. Good to have ya back.