PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys fan from Asia...Question for you ..

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 01:54 AM
If...and that is a HUGEE IF...we beat the Jets saturday, how do you feel about week 17? Do you see the cowboys winning at MetLife? What are the things that worry you? About us and what does Dallas do that worries you? How do you feel about Felix Jones and Morris sharing the load? Do you think Romo can pull it off if it comes to a "win and in" game?</P>

</P>

Just wondering bro.</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Please stop calling it Metlife... I've heard Jets fans calling it Jets stadium... that is sickening.. we have every right to call it Giants stadium still &amp; I will never call it anything different unless they decide to rename it after Wellington Mara.

redbeardxxv
12-23-2011, 02:54 AM
not to hijack your thread, Franchise, but I agree with NYG... Giants Stadium will ALWAYS be GIANTS STADIUM. Please refer to it as GIANTS STADIUM in future posts. lol.

MikeIsaGiant
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
WTF IS A METLIFE ?!??!?!

Seducer
12-23-2011, 01:23 PM
And what cowboy fan is from asia

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 01:57 PM
haha wow its his member name </P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 01:59 PM
its his member name buddy</P>

AND
</P>

I meant Giants stadium..my mistake</P>

jhamburg
12-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Please stop calling it Metlife... I've heard Jets fans calling it Jets stadium... that is sickening.. we have every right to call it Giants stadium still & I will never call it anything different unless they decide to rename it after Wellington Mara.

I guess I'm alone is not really caring what the name of the stadium is. Every new stadium has a sponsor, nobody turns down free money.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Please stop calling it Metlife... I've heard Jets fans calling it Jets stadium... that is sickening.. we have every right to call it Giants stadium still &amp; I will never call it anything different unless they decide to rename it after Wellington Mara.
I guess I'm alone is not really caring what the name of the stadium is. Every new stadium has a sponsor, nobody turns down free money.</P>

Yeah im the bad guy bc the guys who are currently playing in it seem like they could care less if its Giants stadium or waffle house stadium. </P>

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2011, 03:52 PM
I guess I'm alone is not really caring what the name of the stadium is. Every new stadium has a sponsor, nobody turns down free money.</p>

Yeah im the bad guy bc the guys who are currently playing in it seem like they could care less if its Giants stadium or waffle house stadium. </p>

lol

gmen46
12-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Please stop calling it Metlife... I've heard Jets fans calling it Jets stadium... that is sickening.. we have every right to call it Giants stadium still & I will never call it anything different unless they decide to rename it after Wellington Mara.
I guess I'm alone is not really caring what the name of the stadium is. Every new stadium has a sponsor, nobody turns down free money.</P>

Yeah im the bad guy bc the guys who are currently playing in it seem like they could care less if its Giants stadium or waffle house stadium.* </P>

MMMMMMM, waffles!

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-23-2011, 06:09 PM
If...and that is a HUGEE IF...we beat the Jets saturday, how do you feel about week 17? Do you see the cowboys winning at MetLife? What are the things that worry you? About us and what does Dallas do that worries you? How do you feel about Felix Jones and Morris sharing the load? Do you think Romo can pull it off if it comes to a "win and in" game?</p>

</p>

Just wondering bro.</p>

Answer: I don't like the Cowboys' chances in that scenario. It's almost identical to the situation in 2008 where the Cowboys went on the road in Week 17 for a game against an NFC East rival (Eagles) that would determine a playoff berth. Dallas got smashed, 44-6, of course.

In this situation, I would think the Cowboys' odds of winning are 40% or lower. The Giants would have the home field advantage and perhaps slight "momentum" (although both teams might have won their last game coming into this one.) Also, Felix is somewhat iffy with hamstring issues.

The main worry about any Cowboys-Giants game is usually the same; whether the Cowboys can stop Eli. He's led the Giants back from deficits against Dallas in 2009, 2010 and 2011 to win the game. Granted, all three of those described games were at Cowboys Stadium, not the Meadowlands. But in a battle of attrition, it seems that the Cowboys usually fold, eventually. Dallas seems to win by trying to land as many blows as it can before it folds, and too often, Dallas folds before the clock runs out. "Jump out to a lead and then hope you outlast your opponent."

Finally, I don't like the Cowboys' chances against the Giants in a winner-take-all game in Week 17 at the Meadowlands is because it's kind of like the Game 7 of an NBA or MLB best-of-seven series. There's a big psychological "downer" in not clinching something when you could or should have. A team that drops Game 6, when it had a chance to win it all, may collapse mentally in Game 7. Your best chance is to put it away right then and there. So if the Cowboys are unable to sew up the division by Saturday night, their chances of winning it all a week later at the Meadowlands would seem to have the tide shifted against their favor.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-23-2011, 06:12 PM
And what cowboy fan is from asia

I was born near Dallas (which explains my being a Cowboys fan) but lived in Asia for about 11 years. During that time, I tried the best I could to follow NFL football, but few games, other than the Super Bowl, are televised internationally. There were times when I would get up at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning to go online and follow Cowboys games on the Internet (usually Yahoo! NFL or NFL.com) and watch those helmet icons move down the field.

I live on the east coast of the United States, now, so I'm obviously stateside now, but the screen name hasn't changed.

Gianthunter
12-23-2011, 06:52 PM
I guess I'm alone is not really caring what the name of the stadium is. Every new stadium has a sponsor, nobody turns down free money.Your right ya am alone.

jomo
12-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I guess I'm alone is not really caring what the name of the stadium is. Every new stadium has a sponsor, nobody turns down free money.Your right ya am alone.It is Giants Stadium. Met Life Stadium? Bah Humbug!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 07:23 PM
If...and that is a HUGEE IF...we beat the Jets saturday, how do you feel about week 17? Do you see the cowboys winning at MetLife? What are the things that worry you? About us and what does Dallas do that worries you? How do you feel about Felix Jones and Morris sharing the load? Do you think Romo can pull it off if it comes to a "win and in" game?</P>

</P>

Just wondering bro.</P>

Answer: I don't like the Cowboys' chances in that scenario. It's almost identical to the situation in 2008 where the Cowboys went on the road in Week 17 for a game against an NFC East rival (Eagles) that would determine a playoff berth. Dallas got smashed, 44-6, of course.

In this situation, I would think the Cowboys' odds of winning are 40% or lower. The Giants would have the home field advantage and perhaps slight "momentum" (although both teams might have won their last game coming into this one.) Also, Felix is somewhat iffy with hamstring issues.

The main worry about any Cowboys-Giants game is usually the same; whether the Cowboys can stop Eli. He's led the Giants back from deficits against Dallas in 2009, 2010 and 2011 to win the game. Granted, all three of those described games were at Cowboys Stadium, not the Meadowlands. But in a battle of attrition, it seems that the Cowboys usually fold, eventually. Dallas seems to win by trying to land as many blows as it can before it folds, and too often, Dallas folds before the clock runs out. "Jump out to a lead and then hope you outlast your opponent."

Finally, I don't like the Cowboys' chances against the Giants in a winner-take-all game in Week 17 at the Meadowlands is because it's kind of like the Game 7 of an NBA or MLB best-of-seven series. A team that drops Game 6, when it had a chance to win it all, may collapse mentally in Game 7. Your best chance is to put it away right then and there. So if the Cowboys are unable to sew up the division by Saturday night, their chances of winning it all a week later at the Meadowlands would seem to have the tide shifted against their favor.

</P>

Awesome feedback, thanks. I was waiting for a while, was gonna give up ha. But yeah I see what you mean, unfortunately us at home isn't exactly advantage, we tend to play like visitors. And usually when we can control our own destiny, we tend to blow it. Last time we actually advantage of a situation was 08 against the Panthers and clinched the #1 seed. That seems very long ago. So I would also give the slight edge to the Giants. Thanks for responding and cant wait for tomorrow. </P>

Also, to note, I worry about Dallas mentally, knowing that if we win during the day, division title wise, their game against Phily will mean nothing. The obvious answer is that they will play to win bc their pro's and most of all bc of the wildcard, which is very very unlikely for Dallas. Do you worry that a Giants win will cause them to play "flat" or "out of sync" to philly?</P>

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Also, to note, I worry about Dallas mentally, knowing that if we win during the day, division title wise, their game against Phily will mean nothing. The obvious answer is that they will play to win bc their pro's and most of all bc of the wildcard, which is very very unlikely for Dallas. Do you worry that a Giants win will cause them to play "flat" or "out of sync" to philly?</p>

Honestly, my main worry about the Eagles game (should the Giants win earlier in the day) is really just about injuries. That's also my same concern in case the Cowboys sew up the division tomorrow night and the Week 17 New York-Dallas battle becomes just as meaningless too. I'll be hoping that Witten, Ware, Romo, etc. don't go down to a pointless torn ACL or high ankle sprain or something. A week ago, Tyron Smith (Dallas offensive tackle) appeared to have been injured in the Buccaneers game in garbage time.

I'd be upset if the Cowboys lost to the Eagles, especially since Atlanta stands a good chance of losing to the Saints (and thus enhancing Dallas' shot at a backup wild card berth,) but as long as all the Cowboys' major players emerged unscathed from the Philadelphia game intact with no major injuries, I would consider it "mission done" as far as the decisive Week 17 battle would be concerned. It would be about as mu

It's not an unreasonable concern with a team like Philadelphia, too - the Eagles have taken cheap shots in the past, apparently intentional, against Dallas when the playoffs were on the line. (Example: Chris Clemons laid a late, late hit on Romo in the season finale in 2009, perhaps because he knew the Eagles were going to play Dallas in the wild card playoffs in less than a week's time immediately again afterwards.)

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Also, to note, I worry about Dallas mentally, knowing that if we win during the day, division title wise, their game against Phily will mean nothing. The obvious answer is that they will play to win bc their pro's and most of all bc of the wildcard, which is very very unlikely for Dallas. Do you worry that a Giants win will cause them to play "flat" or "out of sync" to philly?</P>

Honestly, my main worry about the Eagles game (should the Giants win earlier in the day) is really just about injuries. That's also my same concern in case the Cowboys sew up the division tomorrow night and the Week 17 New York-Dallas battle becomes just as meaningless too. I'll be hoping that Witten, Ware, Romo, etc. don't go down to a pointless torn ACL or high ankle sprain or something. A week ago, Tyron Smith (Dallas offensive tackle) appeared to have been injured in the Buccaneers game in garbage time.

I'd be upset if the Cowboys lost to the Eagles, especially since Atlanta stands a good chance of losing to the Saints (and thus enhancing Dallas' shot at a backup wild card berth,) but as long as all the Cowboys' major players emerged unscathed from the Philadelphia game intact with no major injuries, I would consider it "mission done" as far as the decisive Week 17 battle would be concerned. It would be about as mu

It's not an unreasonable concern with a team like Philadelphia, too - the Eagles have taken cheap shots in the past, apparently intentional, against Dallas when the playoffs were on the line. (Example: Chris Clemons laid a late, late hit on Romo in the season finale in 2009, perhaps because he knew the Eagles were going to play Dallas in the wild card playoffs in less than a week's time immediately again afterwards.)

</P>

Yeah, I would be worried about the health of Felix. Morris cannot carry the workload. If the Giants were switched with Dallas, I definately would be more comfortable if they came out with a win.</P>