PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe Herzlich & Osi have been out for so long...

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Neither of them seemed like they would miss this much time...

NWKEffectElement
12-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Flame me if you want people, but I believe Osi is dogging it. If he can't be traded for at least a high third, he shouldn't be traded.

gmen46
12-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Flame me if you want people, but I believe Osi is dogging it. If he can't be traded for at least a high third, he shouldn't be traded.

So, you think Osi thinks he'll improve his value by deliberately missing 7 games (and counting) due to injury.

Why would anyone flame you for thinking that?

I'm sure there are countless teams who are salivating for A) a player so "fragile" he misses too many games, or B) a player who is "dogging it" so he'll be traded.

Lots of teams will trade a #1 or #2 pick for a veteran player like that, entering his 10th season.

You may want to reconsider.

TuckYou
12-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Osi doesn't want to go.out there and not be 100 %. That would make him look bad. When he was out there he was getting preesure. Use Tuck for example. Tuck could of did what Osi did, not play, and people would call him soft. If he played, limited to what he can do, and people now say he sucks all of a sudden, like they are now.

Firenugget
12-23-2011, 06:15 AM

So, you think Osi thinks he'll improve his value by deliberately missing 7 games (and counting) due to injury.

I'm sure there are countless teams who are salivating for A) a player so "fragile" he misses too many games, or B) a player who is "dogging it" so he'll be traded.

Lots of teams will trade a #1 or #2 pick for a veteran player like that, entering his 10th season.

Why would Osi care what the Giants get in return? imo Osi has done this since the start... He held out for money or a trade, found out he wasn't getting either and decided he'll go have knee surgery instead. The guy has been "hurt" in one way or another almost all year long.

I'm not saying he's 100% dogging it or not, I can't say. But I can't fault anyone who thinks he might be.

NWKEffectElement
12-23-2011, 06:35 AM

When you consider his antics in the preseason its hard to put it pass him. At this point he understands he may not command a big a payday so his thoughts may be focused on perserving his body as much as possible.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Flame me if you want people, but
I believe Osi is dogging it. If he can't be traded for at least a high third, he shouldn't be traded.

Lol come on man.. the guy had 7 sacks in 7 starts, 8 games.

That's just ridiculous, why wouldn't he want to add to his stats? Makes no sense.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2011, 06:36 AM
Flame me if you want people, but
I believe Osi is dogging it. If he can't be traded for at least a high third, he shouldn't be traded.

Lol come on man.. the guy had 7 sacks in 7 starts, 8 games.

That's just ridiculous, why wouldn't he want to add to his stats? Makes no sense.

BlueBlitzer
12-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Im sorry but to watch B. Rothlesberger hobbling around the huddle. And to think Osi isn't even trying to do limited stuff in practice, sounds like He's mailed our season in. At least Tuck has tried to play hurt.

rainierjef
12-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Everyones an expert when it comes to someone elses body

SIMMS5611
12-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Osi shot himself in the foot, because how can this guy expect to get a monster contract after playing,</P>

what, 4 games this season? He's shown to be either constantly disgruntled, or forever injured.</P>

I feel bad, b/c I like Osi, &amp; believe he can be a monster, but lately it seems like he's transitioning</P>

into our new, modern-day Shockey. A great player, who's problems aren't worth what he produces</P>

on the field.</P>

Coach Carter
12-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Im sorry but to watch B. Rothlesberger hobbling around the huddle. And to think Osi isn't even trying to do limited stuff in practice, sounds like He's mailed our season in. At least Tuck has tried to play hurt.

Where did you get your medical degree? And when was the last time you saw Osi as a patient?

buddy33
12-23-2011, 08:15 AM
High ankle sprains can take a long time to heal.

I don't know what is in the mind of Osi, but I believe we will never see him suit up in a Giants uniform again. Maybe if they make the playoffs he will be better. I don't know what benefit he gets by dogging this injury though. So he he is hurting the Giants? What is the value of a guy who would fake an injury come time to talk about a new contract?

For all that Herzlich has been through is clear that the injury does take a while to heal. So that may also explain why Osi is still not back.

Also, you can't say that Big Ben played so why can't Osi. First, Big Brn should not have played. Second, Osi does not sit in a pocket and throw the ball. Well, neither does Ben but the point is Osi is a speed rusher. Two completely different scenarios.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2011, 08:33 AM
High ankle sprains can take a long time to heal.

I don't know what is in the mind of Osi, but I believe we will never see him suit up in a Giants uniform again. Maybe if they make the playoffs he will be better. I don't know what benefit he gets by dogging this injury though. So he he is hurting the Giants? What is the value of a guy who would fake an injury come time to talk about a new contract?

For all that Herzlich has been through is clear that the injury does take a while to heal. So that may also explain why Osi is still not back.

Also, you can't say that Big Ben played so why can't Osi. First, Big Brn should not have played. Second, Osi does not sit in a pocket and throw the ball. Well, neither does Ben but the point is Osi is a speed rusher. Two completely different scenarios.A speed rusher that trys to take the corner with a bum ankle good luck with that its not happening.The amount of pressure he would be putting on it to bend the corner could injure him far worse

Tony Bruno
12-23-2011, 08:36 AM
I just hope MH gets better and Osi and the FO come to agreements so that he will play...

Truth be told Osi better fear the guy IMO thats should be in front of him now... IMO Id rather have OSi and JPP coming off the edge...

We would really have to have 2 STUD DTs though as JPP and Osi are not top shelf in stopping the run...

fourth&forever
12-23-2011, 07:16 PM
I just hope MH gets better and Osi and the FO come to agreements so that he will play...

Truth be told Osi better fear the guy IMO thats should be in front of him now... IMO Id rather have OSi and JPP coming off the edge...

We would really have to have 2 STUD DTs though as JPP and Osi are not top shelf in stopping the run...
JPP not top shelf against the run??? Who are you kidding? He holds the edge well. Sheds blocks well. Pursues well. And tackles well. Are you basing your opinion on the one goaline handoff 'fake' he missed?

giantsfan420
12-23-2011, 07:35 PM

When you consider his antics in the preseason its hard to put it pass him. At this point he understands he may not command a big a payday so his thoughts may be focused on perserving his body as much as possible.

remember all the talk pre season osi was spewing about how "he was 100% and opposing qb's better be careful bc he had the burst in his step he hadnt had for a while"?

and then he misses half the season. at this point i have to agree that osi is not really all in with the giants. hes made it so hes not even worth his current contract so the giants would have to deal him or cut him.

****ing osi

greenca190
12-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Everyones an expert when it comes to someone elses body

I wouldn't say every body. In my case it's just the ones that have a clitoris.

jomo
12-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Flame me if you want people, but I believe Osi is dogging it. If he can't be traded for at least a high third, he shouldn't be traded. So, you think Osi thinks he'll improve his value by deliberately missing 7 games (and counting) due to injury. Why would anyone flame you for thinking that? I'm sure there are countless teams who are salivating for A) a player so "fragile" he misses too many games, or B) a player who is "dogging it" so he'll be traded. Lots of teams will trade a #1 or #2 pick for a veteran player like that, entering his 10th season. You may want to reconsider. When you consider his antics in the preseason its hard to put it pass him. At this point he understands he may not command a big a payday so his thoughts may be focused on perserving his body as much as possible. remember all the talk pre season osi was spewing about how "he was 100% and opposing qb's better be careful bc he had the burst in his step he hadnt had for a while"? and then he misses half the season. at this point i have to agree that osi is not really all in with the giants. hes made it so hes not even worth his current contract so the giants would have to deal him or cut him. ****ing osiThis sounds like a plan hatched by his agent.

Gianthunter
12-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Flame me if you want people, but I believe Osi is dogging it. If he can't be traded for at least a high third, he shouldn't be traded. So, you think Osi thinks he'll improve his value by deliberately missing 7 games (and counting) due to injury. Why would anyone flame you for thinking that? I'm sure there are countless teams who are salivating for A) a player so "fragile" he misses too many games, or B) a player who is "dogging it" so he'll be traded. Lots of teams will trade a #1 or #2 pick for a veteran player like that, entering his 10th season. You may want to reconsider. When you consider his antics in the preseason its hard to put it pass him. At this point he understands he may not command a big a payday so his thoughts may be focused on perserving his body as much as possible. remember all the talk pre season osi was spewing about how "he was 100% and opposing qb's better be careful bc he had the burst in his step he hadnt had for a while"? and then he misses half the season. at this point i have to agree that osi is not really all in with the giants. hes made it so hes not even worth his current contract so the giants would have to deal him or cut him. ****ing osiThis sounds like a plan hatched by his agent.Along with his current insulation from the defensive fiasco. Brillant horseymanure well played.

gmen46
12-23-2011, 09:54 PM

remember all the talk pre season osi was spewing about how "he was 100% and opposing qb's better be careful bc he had the burst in his step he hadnt had for a while"?

and then he misses half the season. at this point i have to agree that osi is not really all in with the giants. hes made it so hes not even worth his current contract so the giants would have to deal him or cut him.

****ing osi

This is an opinion (he's "forcing the team to trade him, by under performing") shared by many on this board.

So this is not aimed specifically at you, gf420, I'm just using your response as a launch pad.

But this ongoing opinion of Osi's attitude--after he surrendered his attempt at a new contract for THIS year--has never made sense, it still makes no sense, and it will never make sense.

Osi wants security with a new contract--from either the Giants or a team he's traded to--that gives him some guaranteed money and a few more years of playing time. I'm sure it's safe to assume that every single Giant fan is aware of that.

He tried to effect a new contract this year, and failed. I think everyone is aware of that.

He ultimately publicly cried "uncle", backed off in Aug and said he was ok with it for this year, and that he would play like a maniac this year.

At that point it was obvious to most--or so I thought it was obvious--that he would play at least as hard and effective as he did in 2010 so that he could try again for a new contract with 2 consecutive pro bowl-like seasons (2010 and presumably 2011) under his belt.

And, he did in fact play at a high level, for him, gaining 7 sacks in 8 games. That may be "dogging it" in some people's world, but it's not in mine.

If he only plays 8 games this season--as it's beginning to look, now--HOW does that make Reese and Mara want to sign him to a new, multi-year 8 figure contract?

And, assuming they won't want to, the only logical business move would be for them to offer Osi on the market this off season.

In that event. WHAT TEAM would want to trade something attractive enough for the Giants to accept (ie, a 2nd or 3rd rd pick at the very least, or a proven pro bowl level veteran LBer who has several years playing left in him, for example) PLUS then sign Osi to a 4 or 5 year contract worth $8-9 million per year, which is what Osi wants.

Point is, Osi hurts his cause by missing so many games this year, and HE KNOWS IT. He's no better off now than he was last summer when no team bit during that 2 day window the Giants opened for an Osi trade.

To think he is exaggerating his injury in order to "dog it" or because he's "not really all in with the Giants"--as many on this board so obviously and loudly do--is absurd.

That would be like you trying to sell your cherry, 2 year old BMW--and expecting a much higher than Book value because you put only 5000 miles on it--only to get in a crash, don't have it repaired, leave left over Chinese food and McDonald's fries under the seat for 2 weeks in the sun, and put cheap tires and wheels on it for good measure.

And expect to get top dollar for it.

There's a reason the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face" has been around for a long time.

If Osi were healthy enough to play at least 75% of his ability, he would play. As it is now, his being in the game tomorrow would hurt the team, obviously, or Coughlin would activate him.

Tuck finally sucked it up after he missed several games, and look how well that's worked out--for him and for the team.

The same people crapping on Osi for "dogging it" are crapping on Tuck now for "playing soft".

Un ****ing believable.

nycisgreat
12-23-2011, 10:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing. He has absolutely no incentive on playing hard this year. I the FO may make a move to get him out this year, and he knows it.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 12:07 AM
IMO I do not see Osi here next year. Could I be wrong? Yes. I would pull the trigger on a trade for Osi ...Osi for a 3rd/4th rd pick, will it happen? who knows...I don't see us getting a 2nd rd pick AND for sure we all know no one wanted to give up a 1st rd for him. If I was JR I would package those up and move into the 2nd rd, but I doubt he will. He most likely will address our biggest needs with those picks.</P>

BlueSanta
12-24-2011, 02:30 AM
People seem to forget, we WERE open to trading him last offseason.

Reports were we dropped our demands from a 1st to a 2nd round pick and still, nobody was interested when he had 2 years left on his deal.

Keep in mind, Osi openly deceived the Giants this offseason by hiding his knee issue from the team until it was apparent he was not going to get a new contract. That knee should have been operated on last January, but he didnt because he knew it would reduce his value in his upcomming attempt to renegotiate his contract.

- Teams will see that deception, and it will reduce his trade value.
- Teams will note he had yet another surgery on his legs and now a bad ankle. He is a speed rusher whos wheels are falling off. This reduces his value.
- The fact that he has 1 year left on his contract will reduce his his trade value(nobody wants to trade much for a guy who will leave after 1 year.)
- Teams will see yet another season riddle by injuries, the stronger that trend, the weaker his value.
- Teams will see he is 1 year older(30 yrs old). As a speed rusher this will hurt his trade value.
- Teams will see a guy who has been manhandled against the run in recent years. The trend is accelerating as his injuries mount as well. This reduces his trade value.
- I could prolly go on.

Most of these factors mean Osi's trade value is almost non existent. He just isnt a full time player in the NFL anymore.

The thing with speed rushers is, when that quick 1st step fades, they dont just fade away, they vanish completely and instantly(see Simeon Rice.) Osi is 30 with a track record of leg injuries. That step is still there and he can still beat people with speed right now, but how much longer will that last? A year? 2 years? 6 months? Who knows.... but would you bet on his legs based on his injuries? I wouldnt and I doubt many NFL teams will either.

I just dont see teams offering much for him and I dont think we cut him because he is paid so little next year.

NYSPORTS
12-24-2011, 04:03 AM

I wouldn't trust O$i. Tuck is a mess and this guy hurried himself off the field just prior to the New Orleans annihilation and his status has barely even been mentioned since.

Ask him to negotiate his own deal for at least a #2 pick. If he fails, just keep him and anticipate more of the same. Screw him, the guy has complained and whined almost his entire career.