PDA

View Full Version : One problem about David Wilson

Pages : 1 [2]

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Giantsforce, Shockeystays, and Imgrate,
Anyone home? I better not see any of you haters on the Wilson bandwagon now after last night's game. You all were so quick to put the kid down before he even had a chance. Im not saying he's God, but I think he showed you what he is capable of. Some of you were quick to name call and bash other members here as well... go join the Eagles forums!!!

those three have nothing on the OP and his hatefest of JR...

Rat_bastich
12-10-2012, 08:31 AM
I disagree with vision. Id say his vision is average maybe slightly below for an NFL RB. Balance is outstanding top 5% in the NFL. Speed ,explosion , 1st round worthy for sure

Yep his vision has been questionable and was one of the knocks against him coming out of college...along with pass blocking. His balance though has always been something. He has a few bits of college video where he is hit then spins over on one leg and continues on down the field.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 08:42 AM
a great game by the kid......

lets see what else he can do.....I am excited....

giantscolombia
12-10-2012, 09:04 AM
this guy needs to come back onto this thread saying it was a jinx thread... haha like that other moron with the thread titled "Spags will eat Gilbride's lunch today"

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
I disagree with vision. Id say his vision is average maybe slightly below for an NFL RB. Balance is outstanding top 5% in the NFL. Speed ,explosion , 1st round worthy for sureShowed plenty of vision on that 6 yard TD run. That play showed a lot of promise. He'll only get better with time.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Nice pick up Reese, what a joke this guy is. Lol was Kregg Lumpkin out there...We are going to miss Andre Brown. This kid sucks, he has no vision and only has straight line speed, he got no lateral quickness and allows guys like London Fletcher to cut him off. Thanks Reese! We could of had Doug Martin.

feel like an idiot now? what a joke this thread was.

Hall of Fame
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I never want to be the grammar police but that drives me absolutely crazy every time I see it

"could of" and "anyways ".....drive me absolutely insaneThe worst of all time is "loose" instead of "lose"! It's spelled LOSE people!
Loose, is how your shoes are tied.......Lose, is when the Giants lose a game.

Broadway Blue
12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
It is Wilson time to shine

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Nice pick up Reese, what a joke this guy is. Lol was Kregg Lumpkin out there...We are going to miss Andre Brown. This kid sucks, he has no vision and only has straight line speed, he got no lateral quickness and allows guys like London Fletcher to cut him off. Thanks Reese! We could of had Doug Martin.

Nostradamus wants to have a word with you.

myles2424
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I love revisiting these old threads that some F'n idiots make...

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Perhaps we can all chip in for a new tin foil hat for the OP? I'm thinking short circuit.

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Guys, I wouldn't go overboard with the butt slapping of Wilson yet. The Saints D and kick coverage is beyond horrible. Even though the OP went overboard with his statement, doesn't mean you have to go do it youself. Wilson looked great 1 game. Let's see what he does in a couple of games. Love what I saw though.

nhpgiantsfan
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Guys, I wouldn't go overboard with the butt slapping of Wilson yet. The Saints D and kick coverage is beyond horrible. Even though the OP went overboard with his statement, doesn't mean you have to go do it youself. Wilson looked great 1 game. Let's see what he does in a couple of games. Love what I saw though.

+1. Too much man love for one game.

Remember the last guy to set a Giant record for all purpose yards was Hixon. A nice player, but not exactly paving his way to Canton.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah we should slow down a bit. Now I was never down on the guy, but I also won't name him an all pro just yet. Most of his rushing yards came on one run in clean up time. Now it was still impressive, and he did have some good hard runs like his first rushing TD of the day, but we need a bigger sample to say he can do it all the time.

ashleymarie
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
The worst is "I could care less!" when they mean "I couldn't care less!" HAHA

It's ACRONYMs for me. It took me a lengthy time to decifer TAGF. I had to ask what "smh" meant. Thankfullyt there are some classy people here and will answer a question without a putdown. I have a high I.Q, just no common sense. :D

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
It's ACRONYMs for me. It took me a lengthy time to decifer TAGF. I had to ask what "smh" meant. Thankfullyt there are some classy people here and will answer a question without a putdown. I have a high I.Q, just no common sense. :DHaha you're great.

sharick88
12-10-2012, 08:38 PM

You should do stand up comedy. Please tell us that we won't be winning the Super Bowl again anytime soon as well.

chasjay
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
A week ago it wasn't time to label Wilson a bust and this week is not the time to name him All-Pro. He's a rookie in Tom Coughlin's system. Who knows what Doug Martin's story would be at this point if he had fallen to the Giants in the draft? Anyone think Martin would have gotten 24 carries in the first game of the season with the G-Men as he did with the Bucs? I have my doubts. I have high hopes for Wilson and feel he'll grow in the system. I think Reese made a good pick for what the Giants want and expect from a rookie.

BROADWAYSTORM
12-10-2012, 08:57 PM
+1. Too much man love for one game.

Remember the last guy to set a Giant record for all purpose yards was Hixon. A nice player, but not exactly paving his way to Canton.

Talk about kneejerk reactions. Why on earth would you compare Wilson to Hixon. Hixon does not have the amount of talent that Wilson has in his pinkies. Hixon was a journeyman cut by the Broncos and Wilson is a first round pick!

BlueSanta
12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah we should slow down a bit. Now I was never down on the guy, but I also won't name him an all pro just yet. Most of his rushing yards came on one run in clean up time. Now it was still impressive, and he did have some good hard runs like his first rushing TD of the day, but we need a bigger sample to say he can do it all the time.

Nobody is saying that.

But there have been some VERY vocal haters on these forums and they deserve everything they have coming.

Oh and for the record, at this time he IS all pro. He is the leagues best Kick returner by a LOT of yards(he was even before yesterday.) If he wasnt the NFC rep as kick returner, then they gave it to the wrong guy.

But your point still stands.

Drez
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Hixon was a journeyman cut by the Broncos and Wilson is a first round pick!Hixon was in his second year when he was cut, and I don't think he played in '06 (so, that'd still make him kind of a rookie). Seeing as the Broncos were the team that drafted him, I'd hardly say he was a journeyman.

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
It's ACRONYMs for me. It took me a lengthy time to decifer TAGF. I had to ask what "smh" meant. Thankfullyt there are some classy people here and will answer a question without a putdown. I have a high I.Q, just no common sense. :D
you're great.haha agreed. Sorry I didn't hang out with you guys for the game last night.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
haha agreed. Sorry I didn't hang out with you guys for the game last night.You're not forgiven.

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
He dosent get shots because he never does anything when they've given em his shots, except fumble, get smacked at the line, drop passes..etc I mean, Kregg Lumpkin jumped the guy for godsake! Thats pathetic! If ur good, eventually one of ur limited playing opp's, u do something with.. U can't continue to do nothing with 3-4 carries and drop balls here and there and expect to get more opp's, unless ur on a team with zero RB's..lol He su-cks...Usually agree with u, especially when it comes to college guys....but you were dead wrong on this bro lol....this kid does not suck. He showed that he deserves more carries.

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 09:32 PM
You're not forgiven.:(

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Talk about kneejerk reactions. Why on earth would you compare Wilson to Hixon. Hixon does not have the amount of talent that Wilson has in his pinkies. Hixon was a journeyman cut by the Broncos and Wilson is a first round pick!Aaaaand.... We cut Cameron Wake. And drafted Ron Dayne in the first. That part doesn't matter.

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Lol looks like the crow train is here

NWKEffectElement
12-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Keep up the great work Reese!!!!

Flip Empty
12-11-2012, 08:09 AM
I never want to be the grammar police but that drives me absolutely crazy every time I see it

"could of" and "anyways ".....drive me absolutely insane

"resign" vs "re-sign". Completely different meanings yet no-one seems to be able to tell them apart.

BurnerNYG
12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
you thought enough to make this ill thought comment,,at least he attempts to talk football,,you,,well talk about nonsense.You were saying???

JustinTuckNYG91
12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
This is a great thread, Wilson was getting trashed before getting a real opportunity to show us what he had in store for us when giving the opportunity. He will of course not have games like this every week but I definitely believe he has a promising future with us. I'm glad he was finally given the opportunity, I've been wanting to see some more play time from him for quite some time now.

Cloud57
12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
This thread was made after the Skins game, and Wilson didn't look good in that game.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
This thread was made after the Skins game, and Wilson didn't look good in that game. And called a wasted 1st round draft pick by Reese. My post was made after the game against the 'Aints where he looked phenomenal.