PDA

View Full Version : One problem about David Wilson

Pages : [1] 2

Tmurda1984
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Nice pick up Reese, what a joke this guy is. Lol was Kregg Lumpkin out there...We are going to miss Andre Brown. This kid sucks, he has no vision and only has straight line speed, he got no lateral quickness and allows guys like London Fletcher to cut him off. Thanks Reese! We could of had Doug Martin.

Cloud57
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Speedy RBs coming out of college have a high failure rate in the NFL

KatieCoughlin
12-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Hes fine. He only got like 4 carries, what do you expect with 4 ****ing carries?

Broadway Blue
12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Hes fine. He only got like 4 carries, what do you expect with 4 ****ing carries?

^^

Not much you can do

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM
"could have"

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Wilson looked pathetic at running back but we would of had to trade up to get Martin. Morris lasted til the 6th. Nice job Reese!

Joe Morrison
12-04-2012, 12:55 AM
"could have"

Thought we'd see a little more, if they don't give him a shot more than 5 times again what do you expect.

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 12:55 AM

He ran like a grandma on all four!

VBGiantsFan
12-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Wilson runs head first into opposing team players on running plays and kick returns.

bigblue2088
12-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Hes fine. He only got like 4 carries, what do you expect with 4 ****ing carries?exactly just give home some time. do u guys really expect 100yards off 4 carries?

nycsportzfan
He dosent get shots because he never does anything when they've given em his shots, except fumble, get smacked at the line, drop passes..etc I mean, Kregg Lumpkin jumped the guy for godsake! Thats pathetic! If ur good, eventually one of ur limited playing opp's, u do something with.. U can't continue to do nothing with 3-4 carries and drop balls here and there and expect to get more opp's, unless ur on a team with zero RB's..lol He su-cks...

GiantWarfare
lol dude had 4 carries but I kinda am iffy about him, haven't seen any flashes of brilliance yet.

Snappinnecks
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
The fact they brought two rb on the team says volumes about what they think of him.

ashleymarie
12-04-2012, 12:59 AM
He ran like a grandma on all four!

Bwahahahahaha

mike kennedy
12-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Nice pick up Reese, what a joke this guy is. Lol was Kregg Lumpkin out there...We are going to miss Andre Brown. This kid sucks, he has no vision and only has straight line speed, he got no lateral quickness and allows guys like London Fletcher to cut him off. Thanks Reese! We could of had Doug Martin.

Our blocking is the reason that we suck so much!

KatieCoughlin
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Some of you are mindless

nycsportzfan
12-04-2012, 01:00 AM
exactly just give home some time. do u guys really expect 100yards off 4 carries? Nah, i'd take alittle more then 13carries for 24yrds on his last 13 though.. Hes got 19carries for 32yrds outside of garbage time.. That dosen't even include a couple drops that were really easy catches and the fumble in opening game...

BROADWAYSTORM
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Don't give these meatheads more ammo, the moment wilson has a breakout game or even carries they will sing like canaries and no one will remember stupid threads like this. If Andre Brown who kicks *** every single time he carries the ball and still had to beg for carries didn't get them what hope does Wilson have? Seriously. This is all on Coughlin.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Our blocking is the reason that we suck so much!

We ran for over 100 yards and Eli wasn't pressured that much so how does this all fall to the line?

NYGFaninILL
12-04-2012, 01:02 AM
...he did have a 50 yard return that was brought back by Jim Cordle!

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 01:02 AM

He's a rookie, the coaches have been saying he's not ready and many here disputed that. Now we go back to the drawing board. We have more games to play, the season isn't over.

hungrrrry
12-04-2012, 01:03 AM
Wilson is not even remotely responsible for this loss...how many times does Bradshaw run into our blockers??? A-****ing-lot! Our run blocking sucks bad! Zone blocking like the skins have makes everyone look good...when the Giants were a good running team we had a zone blocking scheme and we were number one, now our Oline is old and our center sucks on the run to boot...Snee is aging and now Diehl is in there...No syncronicity on the line on defense or offense.

Wilson is the last thing I am worried about

Eliscruzzz
12-04-2012, 01:03 AM
The kid I was high on but I admit that his confidence maybe be hurting cause of that fumble. He ran hard and physical and TC took that away from him with preaching ball security. I say just let the kid run the way he does.

nycsportzfan
12-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Our blocking is the reason that we suck so much! Andre Brown had no problem being a respectable runner right outta gates for us, and Bradshaw has been respectable, and even Hynoski has managed to get 12yrds on 3carries...lol I mean, jesus!

Dudes a 1st rd pick, not some guy u just say "oh well" 2.. Every other RB i've seen in NY back to Joe Montgomery was better there rookie seasons, then this guy.. I mean, everyone.. Bradshaw, Jacobs, Tiki, Montgomery, Dayne, Wheatly..etc Every single RB was better there Rookie yr.. At what point, can u say this guys stunk his rookie yr away?

GMENAGAIN
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
This kid is fast but he takes some serious hits.

All of the great RB's seem to have a knack for avoiding the big hit . . . . so far, he shows no such knack.

Giantterp
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
This thread is pointless...Wilson was not an issue, problem, or solution tonight. Defense, penalties, play calling (not throwing the ball more) were all bigger issues.

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Don't give these meatheads more ammo, the moment wilson has a breakout game or even carries they will sing like canaries and no one will remember stupid threads like this. If Andre Brown who kicks *** every single time he carries the ball and still had to beg for carries didn't get them what hope does Wilson have? Seriously. This is all on Coughlin.
What game were you watching? Wilson looked like he couldn't wait to fall down.

Cloud57
12-04-2012, 01:08 AM
We ran for over 100 yards and Eli wasn't pressured that much so how does this all fall to the line?o line fell apart in the 4th

nycsportzfan
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
This thread is pointless...Wilson was not an issue, problem, or solution tonight. Defense, penalties, play calling (not throwing the ball more) were all bigger issues. Dosen't mean we don't want more from em.. I don't give a c-rap if he was the reason, i still wanted more from my 1st rd pick then what this guys given..

Everyone said "oh JPP is a rookie, he won't do much this yr" and he contributed.. As a 1st rder, u should at least contribute.. Hes not only not contributed, hes been utterly terrible.. Like i said, outside of 2blowout garbage time games, where he had some easy runs, hes got 19carrys 32yrds and some drop passes... Thats ridiculous...

mike kennedy
12-04-2012, 01:57 AM
We ran for over 100 yards and Eli wasn't pressured that much so how does this all fall to the line?

Skins had over 200 yards rushing!
Run blocking!

nycsportzfan
12-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Skins had over 200 yards rushing!
Run blocking! Not really, more like broken tackles.. THey broke about 500 tackles and had abou a gazillion yards after contact..

bearbryant
12-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Wilson runs head first into opposing team players on running plays and kick returns.

Kid was great for 2 games on KO's, what the hell happened?

gmen0820
12-04-2012, 02:14 AM
I don't understand how our coaching staff is using him. I really don't even know why we drafted him anymore. I think he'd be a monster in the making almost anywhere else.

gmen0820
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Kid was great for 2 games on KO's, what the hell happened?We played better ST units.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Nice pick up Reese, what a joke this guy is. Lol was Kregg Lumpkin out there...We are going to miss Andre Brown. This kid sucks, he has no vision and only has straight line speed, he got no lateral quickness and allows guys like London Fletcher to cut him off. Thanks Reese! We could of had Doug Martin.Right because the Giants gave him time to get into a rhythm......

/sarcasm

BlueBlooded1979
12-04-2012, 02:39 AM
If a first round rookie RB doesn't earn 15-20 carries a game year 1 he is a bust. Coughlin is so desperate to be a run first team that if Wilson could do anything he would be out there. Obviously hasn't earned it and nothing he does on the field shows otherwise. It is a rare miss by Reese.

PennState1
12-04-2012, 02:39 AM
At least we finally have a kick returner. Remember how REALLY bad Our return game has been for the past freaking decade!

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 02:44 AM
How fickle of us turning on our young RB before his first season is even over. Doug Martin didnt look good at all at the start of the season, and Bucs fans were wondering why they didn't draft somebody else. Now he's lighting the world on fire. I'm actually happy we played them at the beginning of the season.

BuffyBlueII
12-04-2012, 02:45 AM
Really? He had 4 carries and you folks are complaining.

WiIdcat
12-04-2012, 02:58 AM
Ahmad Bradshaw played well today with 24 carries and 103 yards. David Wilson has 24 carries and 102 yards this year. Whats wrong with that? If Wilson was starting he would be more productive than Bradshaw. How can he do anything without even getting more than single digit carries? All it takes with Wilson is one carry and boom 80 yards so the more carries he gets, the more productive his stats will look plain and simple.

OX1
12-04-2012, 08:18 AM

How many times was Wilson in and we didn't run the ball? It was 100% run when he went in before this game
and pretty close to that during this game. Talk about advertising the run to set a guy up for failure.
I'm not saying he will be great or not, but does 28 career attempts tells us anything, probably not.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14887/david-wilson

OX1
12-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Kid was great for 2 games on KO's, what the hell happened?

Bogus penalty, not even shown on replay.

jakegibbs
12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
I think that's his point Katie.... Only 4 carries means what to you? He ain't showing them anything to warrant more playing time. My God they brought a has been in off the street & now he's getting more carries the your #1 Draft Pick. I smell a big pile of c@#&$ & it's getting stronger & stonger. What a draft pick blunder. They happen every 10 years or so & I guess time caught up with them on Wilson. HE'S A KICK RETURNER AT BEST... THAT'S ALL HE IS.. THAT'S ALL HE'S GONNA BE... LET'S JUST GET OVER IT...

Word to JR. Take another RB in 1st RD in 2013 draft. You desperately need too. We're currently down to 1 RB.

Robert21156
12-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Did you actually watch the line play in the second half? Very little run blocking at all, yet Kildrive continues it. We should have thrown a lot more. If you're not satisfied with your offense, just keep doing the same thing and hope for a different result - just like Giants coaches do. Eli thrives in the hurry-up, but we choose NOT to run in until we need it, like before the half. So, after the opponent makes adjustments and we find out that we can't run the ball, just keep trying anyway.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Our blocking is the reason that we suck so much! How did we rush for 100+ yards?

TAILGATIN'
12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
What a pathetic thread. Have you seen him on returns? The fact that Wilson has no time on the field to read D's or get adjusted and comfortable, wtf do you expect to see? I'll eat my words if Im wrong, but I think Wilson will be a big factor for us whether it be during a hopeful playoff run, next season, or 3 years from now. Some of you guys are so quick to judge and put the team down, but when the team or someone has a great day, you all shut up. You'd make good Eagle fans.

TAILGATIN'
12-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Bogus penalty, not even shown on replay.
^ this

yo-ho
12-04-2012, 11:46 AM
What a pathetic thread. Have you seen him on returns? The fact that Wilson has no time on the field to read D's or get adjusted and comfortable, wtf do you expect to see? I'll eat my words if Im wrong, but I think Wilson will be a big factor for us whether it be during a hopeful playoff run, next season, or 3 years from now. Some of you guys are so quick to judge and put the team down, but when the team or someone has a great day, you all shut up. You'd make good Eagle fans.

Could not have said it better

giantsforce
12-04-2012, 11:50 AM
He's a rookie, the coaches have been saying he's not ready and many here disputed that. Now we go back to the drawing board. We have more games to play, the season isn't over.Well, a 1st rounder is not ready but a 6th rounder is torching us up. Go figure. Ron Dayne anyone?

giantsforce
12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
What a pathetic thread. Have you seen him on returns? The fact that Wilson has no time on the field to read D's or get adjusted and comfortable, wtf do you expect to see? I'll eat my words if Im wrong, but I think Wilson will be a big factor for us whether it be during a hopeful playoff run, next season, or 3 years from now. Some of you guys are so quick to judge and put the team down, but when the team or someone has a great day, you all shut up. You'd make good Eagle fans.And you make an excellent homer. I'd bet you are still waiting for Ron Dayne to develop.

JesseJames
12-04-2012, 11:55 AM
the way the Giants are using Wilson is a guaranteed recipe for him to fail, any of you who watch football know that all RBs need carries to get into a rythum and Wison is not getting near enough carries for that to happen and so he fails....

C1010
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
the way the Giants are using Wilson is a guaranteed recipe for him to fail, any of you who watch football know that all RBs need carries to get into a rythum and Wison is not getting near enough carries for that to happen and so he fails....

I tend to agree with this. He only had a handful of runs, he needs more snaps. I feel that he is going to break a good run off, you can see it in how he runs in both returns and running.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
They need to run Wilson in a way that allows him to use his speed and agility. I mean he does need to run straight up the middle to not be predictable, but he needs packages.

JJC7301
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Wilson looked pathetic at running back but we would of had to trade up to get Martin. Morris lasted til the 6th. Nice job Reese!
When was the last time, if ever, JR missed on a 1st round pick? Never, as far as I can remember. Aaron Ross may not have been great, but he was serviceable and had two solid years in which we won SB's in.

Can everyone give the kid another year or two before judging him? At least he's contributing on KR's. Some other 1st rounders don't contribute at all or are injured the entire year.

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, a 1st rounder is not ready but a 6th rounder is torching us up. Go figure. Ron Dayne anyone?
+1

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 02:14 PM
When was the last time, if ever, JR missed on a 1st round pick? Never, as far as I can remember. Aaron Ross may not have been great, but he was serviceable and had two solid years in which we won SB's in.

Can everyone give the kid another year or two before judging him? At least he's contributing on KR's. Some other 1st rounders don't contribute at all or are injured the entire year.

Another year or 2? Can you say Alfred Morris round 6? Year one ?Face it, so far Wilson looks like a questionable pick at best. This guy is a first round selection. We need him to contribute as a running back year one! Does he have to be our feature back? No! Does he have to be the best rookie RB for naysayers to be happy? No! But our number one back has a bad wheel, number two out for the remained of the season. I would think the Giants brass would be expecting more of a contribution from our #1 pick under the circumstances. Other than being a better than average KR and a few good runs in preseason vs 2nd stringers I've seen little to get enthused about.

Imgrate
12-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Drafting a rb in the first round was always going to be a mistake. we win with great dl and qb play. We win with 4th rd, 7th rd and udfa rbs ever since Tiki left. Large investments into positions of low value is a terrible idea.

Molossus
12-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..

EliIsTheBaas
12-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Never liked the pick, especially with Cordy Glenn on the board, but don't be so quick to call him a bust. Though it hasn't been the season anyone envisioned when he was taken first round, look at CJ Spiller this year.

Cloud57
12-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..trade Wilson and draft a real RB

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..

Assuming you are speaking the truth, I think both parties could help each other out big time with a potential trade. Maybe we could give them Wilson for Leshoure and a 2nd/3rd? I doubt Reese would give up on a 1st rounder so early unless Wilson was some huge headache behind the scenes we don't know about though.

Broadway Blue
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
trade Wilson and draft a real RB

Give him more time

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Assuming you are speaking the truth, I think both parties could help each other out big time with a potential trade. Maybe we could give them Wilson for Leshoure and a 2nd/3rd? I doubt Reese would give up on a 1st rounder so early unless Wilson was some huge headache behind the scenes we don't know about though.
trade Wilson and draft a real RBNow we're giving up on Wilson already? This place really is ridiculous...

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Now we're giving up on Wilson already? This place really is ridiculous...

But he hasn't gotten 12,000 yards and 29 TDs on 2 carries ... obviously a bust.

But we should play him more.

gmenfan0488
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.

Ahmad, that you?

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Now we're giving up on Wilson already? This place really is ridiculous...

I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.For him to consistently get past the 35 with our ST unit? He's damn good I assure you lol.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Just some facts::

*Rookie David Wilson returned four kickoffs for 83 yards. That increased his season totals to 44 returns for 1,094 yards, a 24.9-yard average. The 44 returns are the third-highest single-season total in Giants history (the record is 57 by Domenik Hixon in 2009). The yardage total leaves him 97 yards shy of Hixon’s franchise-record total, set in the same season. Wilson is already 15th on the Giants’ career kickoff yardage list.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.

I'd think they would adjust the offense to the strengths of the player if the player proves himself.

Ala Tiki vs. BJ vs. AB.

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd think they would adjust the offense to the strengths of the player if the player proves himself.

Ala Tiki vs. BJ vs. AB.

So you're saying that Wilson needs to prove himself better in our scheme (which is nothing like VT's scheme) and then we'll put more Wilson-friendly schemes and plays in for him? I understand what you are saying but in this particular scenario, it seems sort of silly.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
So you're saying that Wilson needs to prove himself better in our scheme (which is nothing like VT's scheme) and then we'll put more Wilson-friendly schemes and plays in for him? I understand what you are saying but in this particular scenario, it seems sort of silly.

Put another way, they are developing Wilson into the running back who will be the future of the team. In the meantime he is handling the very important return duties at which he excels.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 04:05 PM

Yes, but the "prove" himself isn't just a matter of yards. More appropriately it's learning the pass protection, passing routes, running routes, being QB friendly, etc ...

In other words the Giants need to see a reason to change their offense. They've done it over the years with different personnel (including RBs, WRs, TEs) in the TC era.

For my thinking, David Wilson could do the most help by being the pass blocking outlet guy. As a check down, that kid could be really dangerous but it would require him adding a lot of finesse to his game.

Having said that, I agree with your sentiment of why draft a guy you KNOW didn't fit your system but the Giants have also done this in the past if the player was physically gifted enough (e.g. Sintim, JPP, etc ...). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Way way too early to tell with Wilson yet.

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.Considering we have basically never played him in the regular season, that is a huge stretch to suggest trading him away already.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Considering we have basically never played him in the regular season, that is a huge stretch to suggest trading him away already.

You realize that will never happen, right?

Rusty192
12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
You realize that will never happen, right?And I think its a crazy notion. I am not advocating it at all lol

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Yes, but the "prove" himself isn't just a matter of yards. More appropriately it's learning the pass protection, passing routes, running routes, being QB friendly, etc ...

In other words the Giants need to see a reason to change their offense. They've done it over the years with different personnel (including RBs, WRs, TEs) in the TC era.

For my thinking, David Wilson could do the most help by being the pass blocking outlet guy. As a check down, that kid could be really dangerous but it would require him adding a lot of finesse to his game.

Having said that, I agree with your sentiment of why draft a guy you KNOW didn't fit your system but the Giants have also done this in the past if the player was physically gifted enough (e.g. Sintim, JPP, etc ...). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Way way too early to tell with Wilson yet.

We drafted him to play (learn and develop) behind Bradshaw and, as it turned out, Brown. To take advantage of his speed, they gave him the kick return responsibility because we were always behind the 8 ball on field position. You don't have a guy at the wrong end of the field handling the ball unless you trust his ball handling ability and speed. He's doing a damn good job returning kicks, is getting snaps here and there as he learns about pre-snap reads and blocking assignments.

If we kept Sinorice Moss for 4/5 years, we're not about to release Wilson any time soon

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Put another way, they are developing Wilson into the running back who will be the future of the team. In the meantime he is handling the very important return duties at which he excels.

His kick returning has been a welcome sight for sure and I don't understand the criticism in that regard. A few people did mention this offseason that he would be raw with some issues in his vision and pass blocking so I knew not to expect much from him this year. I think he can be really good if utilized correctly but I question if he can be an AP type who can make all the runs or a Ray Rice/Doug Martin type that excels in every aspect of the RB.

JPP wasn't really a system mismatch, just an extremely raw and physically gifted player. You get the guys like Beckum (pure receiving TE) and Sintim (a 3-4 LBer) who had good physical traits that Reese coveted but that doesn't take into account the player's mental agility and ability to convert into a different scheme. I just hope Wilson doesn't end the same.

Considering we have basically never played him in the regular season, that is a huge stretch to suggest trading him away already.

I doubt it would happen anyway. The Giants aren't like that with draft picks. I just happen to be of the opinion that Leshoure (who I admit to having liked prior to the draft) is a better fit for the Giants than Wilson.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
And I think its a crazy notion. I am not advocating it at all lol

We are still in the denial stage with a tinge of anger lol

ImElectric2
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Serious question, how many of the posters bashing Wilson were also calling Amukamara a bust last year/early this year? Because if you were one of the posters you've already had your talent evaluation cards revoked. I'm wondering what you know about player development plans that the Giants staff have setup for Wilson. Or are you also preaching that the F.O. and coaches are TERRIBLE and never even considered such things? Hmm...

Cloud57
12-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Wilson will be nothing more than a backup in this league

miked1958
12-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Our blocking is the reason that we suck so much!Yea like to see martin or morris get their thousands of yards running behind our Oline. lol

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
We drafted him to play (learn and develop) behind Bradshaw and, as it turned out, Brown. To take advantage of his speed, they gave him the kick return responsibility because we were always behind the 8 ball on field position. You don't have a guy at the wrong end of the field handling the ball unless you trust his ball handling ability and speed. He's doing a damn good job returning kicks, is getting snaps here and there as he learns about pre-snap reads and blocking assignments.

If we kept Sinorice Moss for 4/5 years, we're not about to release Wilson any time soon

You're preaching to the choir RF ... I agree completely.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Serious question, how many of the posters bashing Wilson were also calling Amukamara a bust last year/early this year? Because if you were one of the posters you've already had your talent evaluation cards revoked. I'm wondering what you know about player development plans that the Giants staff have setup for Wilson. Or are you also preaching that the F.O. and coaches are TERRIBLE and never even considered such things? Hmm...

I think we have a lot of media victims here ... in this era of pop-star rookies, it's becoming expected (unjustly) that every draft pick has to have record breaking rookie seasons or they are a bust.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
You're preaching to the choir RF ... I agree completely.

Just wanted to give you some support, we're in the minority

Cloud57
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I think we have a lot of media victims here ... in this era of pop-star rookies, it's becoming expected (unjustly) that every draft pick has to have record breaking rookie seasons or they are a bust.The best players usually have good rookie seasons, they could always get better in the future but having a good rookie season is usually a good sign.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to give you some support, we're in the minority

I can understand if the kid had 20 carries for 50 yards ... but he had FOUR carries last night. Not sure what any sane person could expect out of that.

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM

I see what you are getting at but I don't think you can really compare a RB (one who was deemed raw for a pro system) and a CB like Prince who came out of Nebraska as a potential top 10 selection. The positions are different in terms of development as well when you consider all the complex schemes and adjustments that CBs have to learn in todays modern NFL versus RBs who have become largely plug in players with very little learning in comparison. This really is Prince's rookie season in a way since he was injured for majority of the 2011 season and he has already played at his 1st round talent.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
The best players usually have good rookie seasons, they could always get better in the future but having a good rookie season is usually a good sign.

That is utter crap ... Emmitt Smith had less than 1,000 yards and 4 yards per carry average in his rookie season.

Walter Payton had a bit over 600 yards and 3.5 yards per carry his rookie season.

Jerry Rice didn't top 100 receptions until his 6th season.

And on and on and on. SOME of the best players have tremendous rookie seasons. Some have very mediocre rookie seasons (as I've just pointed out). Some don't even start their rookie season and still go on to be great players (Ray Rice).

The word "development" is in the English language and football nomenclature for a reason.

BeatYale
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I'd like to apologize to everyone on the forum for this. Tmurda1984 is my ex-wife and has been trolling here every now and then for the past 3 years to spite me. She's still bitter about the divorce.

Just do what I did during our marriage....ignore her.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Not really, more like broken tackles.. THey broke about 500 tackles and had abou a gazillion yards after contact..

How many zeroes is that?

ImElectric2
12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I see what you are getting at but I don't think you can really compare a RB (one who was deemed raw for a pro system) and a CB like Prince who came out of Nebraska as a potential top 10 selection. The positions are different in terms of development as well when you consider all the complex schemes and adjustments that CBs have to learn in todays modern NFL versus RBs who have become largely plug in players with very little learning in comparison. This really is Prince's rookie season in a way since he was injured for majority of the 2011 season and he has already played at his 1st round talent.Generally speaking I agree,but each player is different and needs to be brought along at their own pace. Who here thought Tiki would be Tiki his rookie year? Not a first round pick, I know, but keep in mind we basically had a 2nd round pick and if we didn't take Wilson there were slim pickings at RB. Not that we should (or even did) draft for need....who knows how we had these players graded? I'm just saying, its only fair to trust a coaching staff that has a track record of strongly developing players and sees these guys EVERYDAY in not only.practice but meeting rooms and around the halls etc. They know.these guys and.how they need to come along and Reese knows better than to draft a.non-NFL ready/caliber player in round 1. He might not have been drafted to be an instant classic. They may have had this plan ready for Wilson back in March if it happened he fell to us...

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Generally speaking I agree,but each player is different and needs to be brought along at their own pace. Who here thought Tiki would be Tiki his rookie year? Not a first round pick, I know, but keep in mind we basically had a 2nd round pick and if we didn't take Wilson there were slim pickings at RB. Not that we should (or even did) draft for need....who knows how we had these players graded? I'm just saying, its only fair to trust a coaching staff that has a track record of strongly developing players and sees these guys EVERYDAY in not only.practice but meeting rooms and around the halls etc. They know.these guys and.how they need to come along and Reese knows better than to draft a.non-NFL ready/caliber player in round 1. He might not have been drafted to be an instant classic. They may have had this plan ready for Wilson back in March if it happened he fell to us...

I honestly am not sure what to make of Wilson. Maybe his confidence was broke from that 1st game against Dallas and now he's learning to accept that he won't instantly be that same sensation that he was in VT. I have noticed that he is running extremely safe now to the point of sacrificing potential gain for ball security. Haven't really been able to see enough of him in pass protection to make a solid judgement in that area. I don't think the runs we have given him in the middle have helped the kid either because it's quite apparent that he doesn't have the vision yet to be a consistent inside runner. It could be scheme, it could be development...You can tell he's hungry though and I do hope that one day he gets to reach the top of his ceiling whether it's with the Giants or someone else (not in our own division at least).

myles2424
12-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Wilson will be nothing more than a backup in this league
& this is based on what?

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Just some facts::

*Rookie David Wilson returned four kickoffs for 83 yards. That increased his season totals to 44 returns for 1,094 yards, a 24.9-yard average. The 44 returns are the third-highest single-season total in Giants history (the record is 57 by Domenik Hixon
in 2009). The yardage total leaves him 97 yards shy of Hixonís franchise-record total, set in the same season. Wilson is already 15th on the Giantsí career kickoff yardage list.

A kick retuner he may be, a running back worth a first round pick he may not be. I'm not giving up on him or calling him a bust. He does however look rather lousy at RB so far.

miked1958
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Wilson will be nothing more than a backup in this leagueI know MM played a different position but remember when he came to the Giants and we were all wondering weather he would ever amount to anything as the yrs went by. Well we all know we miss him now. The 3rd options we have now dont scare anyone. When we had MM people had to account for him. I think given time Wilson could turn into something nice

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
A kick retuner he may be, a running back worth a first round pick he may not be. I'm not giving up on him or calling him a bust. He does however look rather lousy at RB so far.

How can anyone say whether he is or isn't worthy of a first round pick until he gets the chance to make his case on the field? He's being developed/ It's what the team does.

BrianK01
12-04-2012, 05:28 PM
What are you basing "lousy" on? He has had so little opportunities .....he did bust one for a 40yd td...

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I can understand if the kid had 20 carries for 50 yards ... but he had FOUR carries last night. Not sure what any sane person could expect out of that.

4 poor carries, probably why he didn't get anymore. He averaged 2.2 a carry and looked like a grandma doing it. Why feed him more. He showed nothing and went down easy. Alfred Morris looked like the #1 not Mr. Wilson.

Ladder27
12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Some of you are mindless

Katie, I was reading this crap also and said the same thing to myself. I vote your post for the MVP today... You people are just ******ed...

Shockeystays08
12-04-2012, 05:40 PM
What are you basing "lousy" on? He has had so little opportunities .....he did bust one for a 40yd td...

By all accounts last night Wilson was supposed step in and help carry the load. Coughlin even eluded to that during the week. Well he got only four touches. Going down easy, with a 2.2 ypc looking nothing like a number one pick or close to his 6th round counterpart qualifies as looking pretty lousy. He sure didn't look good considering he was supposed to help carry the load.

Ladder27
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
How can anyone say whether he is or isn't worthy of a first round pick until he gets the chance to make his case on the field? He's being developed/ It's what the team does.

Roanoke, I think this is a post anyone with some brains should just stay out of. the man got 4 carries and hes garbage. These people are turning into Zombies.. Same old sky is falling this person sucks the team blows. BLUH BLUH BLUH. You can tell who the true Giant fans are.

Ladder27
12-04-2012, 05:42 PM
By all accounts last night Wilson was supposed step in and help carry the load. Coughlin even eluded to that during the week. Well he got only four touches. Going down easy, with a 2.2 ypc looking nothing like a number one pick or close to his 6th round counterpart qualifies as looking pretty lousy. He sure didn't look good considering he was supposed to help carry the load.

Did you ever think they were a little worried he might fumble in a close game is to why they did'nt want to put that kinda pressure on him. Or that Bradshaw was doing just fine alone? WoW ...

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 05:43 PM
4 poor carries, probably why he didn't get anymore. He averaged 2.2 a carry and looked like a grandma doing it. Why feed him more. He showed nothing and went down easy. Alfred Morris looked like the #1 not Mr. Wilson.

His first carry was through the middle for 5 yards.

If you're going to give up on a draft pick because of 3 mediocre carries, then you might as well not even draft.

Wilson was used last night as a very quick breather for AB and nothing more (kickoffs aside).

scoostraw
12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
The best players usually have good rookie seasons, they could always get better in the future but having a good rookie season is usually a good sign.
Remember how Eli started out. Now granted QB is a whole other animal, but after 2 or 3 years even I began thinking the Giants had made a mistake.

I have to keep reminding myself of this because for sure Wilson is not looking good.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-04-2012, 05:44 PM

the kid does not suck he is being misused,,,the team is not playing to his strengths,,he is not a take the handoff and pound up the middle type of player,,,,they need to use him like philly uses shady,,a lot of misdirection plays, etc.

myles2424
12-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Remember how Eli started out. Now granted QB is a whole other animal, but after 2 or 3 years even I began thinking the Giants had made a mistake.

I have to keep reminding myself of this because for sure Wilson is not looking good.
Wilson ran 4 times....end of story

rainierjef
12-04-2012, 05:47 PM

This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well.

Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake.

Spolied milk just forget about it.
The saints sunday!

Now back to the draft section for me.

scoostraw
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Wilson ran 4 times....end of story
He ran 4 times because the coaches see him in practice all the time. And he is not getting it done.

Randle on the other hand is returning punts (gotta have a lot of trust in your punt returner) and also playing on the offense. For some reason Wilson is not "getting it". Too soon to call him a bust, but man...

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-04-2012, 05:52 PM
This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well.

Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake.

Spolied milk just forget about it.
The saints sunday!

Now back to the draft section for me.

this guy will turn out to be tiki barber 2.0(the player,,not the Dbag),,,,,just give him a chance.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
He ran 4 times because the coaches see him in practice all the time. And he is not getting it done.

Randle on the other hand is returning punts (gotta have a lot of trust in your punt returner) and also playing on the offense. For some reason Wilson is not "getting it". Too soon to call him a bust, but man...

the giants just dont play rookies if they dont have to,,never have,,never will,,,to even use the word bust is well,,misinformed. the kid will have his day.

GMenOnDeck
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
You cant only evaluate a guy in practice I mean They dont even tackle in practices ... come on He needs more chances

G-MENBK
12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
You cant only evaluate a guy in practice I mean They dont even tackle in practices ... come on He needs more chances

I wouldn't have a problem with Bradshaw getting so many carries, but the guy still has injuries. Wilson should have seen at least 5 more carries, or just a solid 10.

Kruunch
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with Bradshaw getting so many carries, but the guy still has injuries. Wilson should have seen at least 5 more carries, or just a solid 10.

This I agree with.

But TC won't go away from the vets in a tight game.

dezzzR
12-04-2012, 06:00 PM

Randle on the other hand is returning punts (gotta have a lot of trust in your punt returner) and also playing on the offense. For some reason Wilson is not "getting it". Too soon to call him a bust, but man...If hes so bad in practice why would the coaches give him 4 carries at all?

Bradshaw was getting it done by himself last night, we didnt need Wilson. But for the most part, Toms either babying Wilson or saving him for the end of the season going into the playoffs.(which is now)

dezzzR
12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
"David Wilson is on pace to shatter the total Kickoff Return Yardage in a season for the New York Giants. He is 97 yards behind Domenik Hixon's total of 1191 yards in 2009."
not bad for a wasted first round pick.

scoostraw
12-04-2012, 06:08 PM
You can certainly evaluate if he knows what he's doing out there - ie. blocking assignments, blitz pickup.

Ladder27
12-04-2012, 06:08 PM
this guy will turn out to be tiki barber 2.0(the player,,not the Dbag),,,,,just give him a chance.

WoW. Glad I'm not the only one to think that way. I agree. Give him time.

scoostraw
12-04-2012, 06:10 PM
the giants just dont play rookies if they dont have to,,never have,,never will,,,
That used to be the case. Not really any more. The Giants play lots of their rookies. You have to in this day and age.

TheEnigma
12-04-2012, 06:14 PM

I think Doug Martin is more similar to Tiki personally. Wilson reminds of CJ Spiller.

ImElectric2
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well. Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake. Spolied milk just forget about it. The saints sunday!Now back to the draft section for me.As much as I love and trust Reese, I honestly thought it was a panic pick at the time as well. I felt better knowing Randall was a potential pick at that spot too bc, if true, we essentially got 2 of our first round choices (albeit though luck or happenstance, but so is the draft anyhow).

Imgrate
12-04-2012, 07:21 PM
"David Wilson is on pace to shatter the total Kickoff Return Yardage in a season for the New York Giants. He is 97 yards behind Domenik Hixon's total of 1191 yards in 2009."not bad for a wasted first round pick.A first round pick on a kick returner. Talk about value. And yes I'm being sarcastic

RoanokeFan
12-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Roanoke, I think this is a post anyone with some brains should just stay out of. the man got 4 carries and hes garbage. These people are turning into Zombies.. Same old sky is falling this person sucks the team blows. BLUH BLUH BLUH. You can tell who the true Giant fans are.

They're disappointed and need to vent and it's easy to attack the very people we recently praised. None of us has the answers but we all want the team to play better when they lay an egg. It's just frustration.

TheShouldersOf
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
The Pass Protection excuse is tired and done, i don't believe it, and will never believe it, regardless of what the coaches 'See' in practice, are you going to call Hynoski a liar as well? because he said Wilson is getting it,

how many times has he been on pass protection? ZERO, i've seen Bradshaw miss blocks, i've seen Bradshaw run into his own line, i've seen Bradshaw fumble more than Wilson,

i wont follow blindly because the 'Giants Coaches' said something, they are far, far from perfect, and far from 'Elite Coaches' regardless of how many rings,

that being said,

4 carries, 4 carries that are shoddy blocked inside tackle runs, where is any creativity in running plays? where are the stretch plays? outside tackles? counters? where is the trap blocking? where is the pulling? where is springing to the outside?

he had one toss, that garnered 5 yards,

there comes a point when stubbornness will destroy you and the team,

sc_markt
12-04-2012, 09:17 PM

It's way to early to say this kid is a bust.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
He has barely played and if our OC would design better plays with him in there. Seriously people wake the F*** up if you think he su**s from four worthless carries than go watch college hockey because this aint the sport for you. Every defense coorinator knows he hasnt run blocked at all this season so whn he comes in its predictable it will be a run. Why you giys think he was stuff three times. If Kg would throw a screen once in a blue moon or a play action with him therr it will switch tjings up. We are beyond prefitable offense wise and Lumpkin was in the game last night to block.

Imgrate
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
The point is. If you're wasting a first round pick on a rb then you beret be damn sure he's going to make a huge impact day 1.

gmen0820
12-04-2012, 10:37 PM
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/bschujasnyg/31302939.jpg

GameTime
12-04-2012, 10:42 PM
wow.....all you "scouts and talent evaluators" take the panties from between your butt checks and stop whining already...
Kid has had not much to go on yet. I like how so many of you have him all figured out at this point...

Yeah Jerry Reese sucks too.....please....shut up already....

giantsfan420
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't understand how our coaching staff is using him. I really don't even know why we drafted him anymore. I think he'd be a monster in the making almost anywhere else.
yup. agreed. hate how we use him so rarely and when we do, the d KNOWS its a run play and ALL tee off on the run...no PA yet with wilson that i can recall...

thegiantsrule10
They're disappointed and need to vent and it's easy to attack the very people we recently praised. None of us has the answers but we all want the team to play better when they lay an egg. It's just frustration.

Words of wisdom.

WR4Life
I'm easily willing to give Wilson some time. Once he picks up the blocking scheme and develops his between the tackles vision, he's going to be a real threat. Another poster here mentioned a couple weeks ago that when he's in the defense is expecting run all the way. I definitely think this is true. If you want proof, watch the play where Eli scrambled on the boot leg. It was play action to Wilson and even though the defense was in man, nearly the entire defense flowed to Wilson's side expecting him to have the ball. The defense knows he can be a threat wit the ball in his hand. Once he learns the blocking scheme he will be a major threat.

giantsfan420
12-04-2012, 10:48 PM
and lumpkin didnt even pass protect when he came in he ran routes, wtf, why couldnt we have used wilson there?

WR4Life
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
yup. agreed. hate how we use him so rarely and when we do, the d KNOWS its a run play and ALL tee off on the run...no PA yet with wilson that i can recall...

The bootleg they ran yesterday when Eli had a long scramble was play action with Wilson. Defense sold out to go after him and left the entire other side open.

BillTheGreek
12-05-2012, 08:16 AM
We are still in the denial stage with a tinge of anger lol

Thereís always somebody saying the Giants canít do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate the GIANTS !

OX1
12-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Another year or 2? Can you say Alfred Morris round 6? Year one ?Face it, so far Wilson looks like a questionable pick at best. This guy is a first round selection. We need him to contribute as a running back year one! Does he have to be our feature back? No! Does he have to be the best rookie RB for naysayers to be happy? No! But our number one back has a bad wheel, number two out for the remained of the season. I would think the Giants brass would be expecting more of a contribution from our #1 pick under the circumstances. Other than being a better than average KR and a few good runs in preseason vs 2nd stringers I've seen little to get enthused about.

28 CAREER CARRIES. What part of this don't you understand. D's know it will be a run as soon as he steps on the field.
We can't even say he can't block, because they don't use him on passing downs............

OX1
12-05-2012, 09:15 AM
The point is. If you're wasting a first round pick on a rb then you beret be damn sure he's going to make a huge impact day 1.

Day one he made one mistake and has not been given a decent chance, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OX1
12-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm easily willing to give Wilson some time. Once he picks up the blocking scheme and develops his between the tackles vision, he's going to be a real threat. Another poster here mentioned a couple weeks ago that when he's in the defense is expecting run all the way. I definitely think this is true. If you want proof, watch the play where Eli scrambled on the boot leg. It was play action to Wilson and even though the defense was in man, nearly the entire defense flowed to Wilson's side expecting him to have the ball. The defense knows he can be a threat wit the ball in his hand. Once he learns the blocking scheme he will be a major threat.

If gilbride ever gets his head out of his behind and uses him more, to the point that D's are not
100% sure it is going to be a run, Wilson will also be a huge checkdown threat. Easily could have been
in the flats on Eli's supposed intentional grounding (yet another penalty that could be called
10 times a game, but was only called on us) and gone 40 yards.

TAILGATIN'
12-05-2012, 11:40 AM
And you make an excellent homer. I'd bet you are still waiting for Ron Dayne to develop.

Get outta here with this cr@p.. Now you're comparing Wilson, a rookie with how many carries? to Ron Dayne? You make an excellent Mo... short for moron. You gotta be kidding. Wilson has not had much of a chance, but you "fans" are already trashing him. Unreal around here sometimes.

TickleMeEli
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
RF, we did not "lay an egg" we had some good offense and held the foreskins to 17 points.

We had some bad breaks, and too many penalties. But in no way did we "lay an egg".

TickleMeEli
12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
RON DAYNE LOLOLOL Who even thought it was remotely appropriate to bring up the biggest Heisman-winning NFL bust in recent memory??

ron dayne....lol

GameTime
12-05-2012, 12:30 PM
RF, we did not "lay an egg" we had some good offense and held the foreskins to 17 points.

We had some bad breaks, and too many penalties. But in no way did we "lay an egg".

I disagree.....you have the Giants with a very good passing game and the second fewest penallties in the NFL. So they go up against the 31st ranked defense vs the pass in the NFL and only score 16 points and have more penalties called then in any other game...
THAT is laying an egg.....
BTW....if they win this DIVISION game they put a huge lead up......

TickleMeEli
12-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I disagree.....you have the Giants with a very good passing game and the second fewest penallties in the NFL. So they go up against the 31st ranked defense vs the pass in the NFL and only score 16 points and have more penalties called then in any other game...
THAT is laying an egg.....
BTW....if they win this DIVISION game they put a huge lead up......

I respecfully disagree.

NFCE math-ups are often independent of statistics. One team could be 10-1, the other 1-10 and you will likely have a darn competitive game.

So, losing by 1 single point, is laying an egg? Na, dont think so.

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 12:34 PM
and lumpkin didnt even pass protect when he came in he ran routes, wtf, why couldnt we have used wilson there?

That bugged me. The guy was unemployed days before the game, yet still managed to get on the field over a #1 pick.

GameTime
12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I respecfully disagree.

NFCE math-ups are often independent of statistics. One team could be 10-1, the other 1-10 and you will likely have a darn competitive game.

So, losing by 1 single point, is laying an egg? Na, dont think so.
Losing by one point is not laying egg if you were solidly beat. But the Giants left 11 points on the field and should have gotten even more. The offense stunk.......but we all have our own points of veiw....

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Maybe they wanted to see what they have in Lumpkin

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Maybe they wanted to see what they have in Lumpkin
They're more interested in seeing what they have in a journeyman they scooped out of the bargain bin than the guy they selected in the first round of this year's draft?

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Losing by one point is not laying egg if you were solidly beat. But the Giants left 11 points on the field and should have gotten even more. The offense stunk.......but we all have our own points of veiw....

I am not one of those "we beat ourselves" people. This game was like a perfect storm in sense: Zak DeOssi, Steve Weatherford, and Lawrence Tynes have been the ONE consistent aspect of the team that was reliable ALL OF THE TIME. So they line up for what should have been a given 2 points and WHAM, DeOssie messes up the snap. It happens, the loss isn't on him.

Penalties. We were (maybe still are) one of the least penalized teams in the NFL. Inexplicably, we amass more than 100 yards of penalties on offense and special teams. Wilson gets us to the 50 and it's called back due to a penalty. We are driving down the field, everything is clicking, we have the Redskins right where we want them, penalty.

As much as I think RG III is a unique player, he's not unbeatable nor are the Redskins. We beat them once and we should have beaten them a second time but we didn't. No sour grapes, we lost the game. BUT, we can win any game we are in with them or anyone else left on our schedule.

Time to put on the big boy panties and play as though we wanted to be in control of our own destiny.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 01:24 PM
They're more interested in seeing what they have in a journeyman they scooped out of the bargain bin than the guy they selected in the first round of this year's draft?

They already know where Wilson is

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 01:26 PM

It's a figure of speech

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 01:31 PM
They already know where Wilson is
Yeah, he's on the bench

ALLnygIN
12-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Shut the hell up. Some of you guys are complete idiots. There is no way of telling what Wilson can or cannot not produce! Throwing him in for 6 or 7 plays a game and running him 4 out of those plays of course will produce limited or bad numbers EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS GETTING THE BALL or he's gonig to run for some sort of screen. Honestly, some of you have not the first idea of what the **** you're talking about.

GameTime
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Shut the hell up. Some of you guys are complete idiots. There is no way of telling what Wilson can or cannot not produce! Throwing him in for 6 or 7 plays a game and running him 4 out of those plays of course will produce limited or bad numbers EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS GETTING THE BALL or he's gonig to run for some sort of screen. Honestly, some of you have not the first idea of what the **** you're talking about.
+1

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah, he's on the bench

Let's say Bradshaw goes down during a game and the only other RB we've had on the field is Wilson. Maybe they just wanted to get a sense on how far along Lumpkin was in the playbook. Did he make the right reads kind of stuff.

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Let's say Bradshaw goes down during a game and the only other RB we've had on the field is Wilson. Maybe they just wanted to get a sense on how far along Lumpkin was in the playbook. Did he make the right reads kind of stuff.
They brought him in on 3rd down, though. I don't recall Wilson once coming in on a pressure down. It seems like they trust a guy who's been in the system for days, more than one who's been in it for months.

nycisgreat
12-05-2012, 01:53 PM
lol dude had 4 carries but I kinda am iffy about him, haven't seen any flashes of brilliance yet.

He is the making the best of the his opportunities right now. Earlier in the season he returned kicks really well, but even that part of his game isn't there anymore.

tomuchtiki
12-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Alfred Morris works behind zone scheme blocking, there HC makes RB out of no names he has done that for years so if AW was with washington he would be doing the same thing with them big lanes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_blocking

BMW
12-05-2012, 01:57 PM
He is the making the best of the his opportunities right now. Earlier in the season he returned kicks really well, but even that part of his game isn't there anymore.Does not matter, the pos refs would throw a holding flag like always anyway.

TheShouldersOf
12-05-2012, 02:09 PM
With the style of Runner Wilson is, one would think, they would attempt to adopt more 'Zone Blocking' Schemes

Cloud57
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Watching Wilson run, this guy has no vision or patience, it seems like he runs with his eyes closed

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Watching Wilson run, this guy has no vision or patience, it seems like he runs with his eyes closed

He's close to breaking a record for returns. Can he do that with his eyes closed?

b_ELI_eve
12-05-2012, 03:42 PM
All the people hating on Wilson are the same people who hated on Prince as well. The expectation of rookie players from some of you is way too high. Give them time to develop

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 04:07 PM
All the people hating on Wilson are the same people who hated on Prince as well. The expectation of rookie players from some of you is way too high. Give them time to developPeople who hated on prince are idiots. 1. He was hurt. 2. He plays a position that takes time to transition to the nfl.Wilson on the other hand is a running back. If you are taking a rb in the first round, you absolutely should make an impact on offense from day 1. Otherwise, you should not have been drafted in the first round. first round rbs are not a position that you are supposed to wait to develop. They are supposed to be impact players on offense.

PBTimmons
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
People who hated on prince are idiots. 1. He was hurt. 2. He plays a position that takes time to transition to the nfl.Wilson on the other hand is a running back. If you are taking a rb in the first round, you absolutely should make an impact on offense from day 1. Otherwise, you should not have been drafted in the first round. first round rbs are not a position that you are supposed to wait to develop. They are supposed to be impact players on offense.

You're crazy. Learning a whole new offense and blocking scheme isn't cake. Pair that with the fact that this guy is being brought along slow from the start and you get a slow developing running back.

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 04:22 PM
You're crazy. Learning a whole new offense and blocking scheme isn't cake. Pair that with the fact that this guy is being brought along slow from the start and you get a slow developing running back.Rb along with lb is the easiest transition from college to pros. Additionally these two positions are among the least valuable. Therefore, if you play one of these two positions and are drafted in the first round, you damn well better see the field from day 1. If you don't then you are a waste of a first round pick because the team is supposed to be getting high end production on your rookie contract (aka bang for your buck). Slow developing rbs can be taken in late rounds and even undrafted. The investment of a first round pick on a low value position means the team needs production from the getgo. Because of this, David Wilson is among the worst ever of Jerry Reese's picks.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 04:22 PM
People who hated on prince are idiots. 1. He was hurt. 2. He plays a position that takes time to transition to the nfl.Wilson on the other hand is a running back. If you are taking a rb in the first round, you absolutely should make an impact on offense from day 1. Otherwise, you should not have been drafted in the first round. first round rbs are not a position that you are supposed to wait to develop. They are supposed to be impact players on offense.

How many first round picks, on average, start their rookie season?

GameTime
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
they all do and all are great....except for the ones on the Giants...
come on Ro....you know that....:)

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 04:25 PM
they all do and all are great....except for the ones on the Giants...
come on Ro....you know that....:)
These power naps are going to be my undoing. I seem to remember reading it was around 13%

PBTimmons
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Rb along with lb is the easiest transition from college to pros. Additionally these two positions are among the least valuable. Therefore, if you play one of these two positions and are drafted in the first round, you damn well better see the field from day 1. If you don't then you are a waste of a first round pick because the team is supposed to be getting high end production on your rookie contract (aka bang for your buck). Slow developing rbs can be taken in late rounds and even undrafted. The investment of a first round pick on a low value position means the team needs production from the getgo. Because of this, David Wilson is among the worst ever of Jerry Reese's picks.

Your argument sounds as if it was written by Al Gore, illogical.

It's threads and posts like this that lead me to believe we have the worst fan bases in the NFL. Along with the chicken little mentality after every loss, it damn near makes this place unbearable.

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
How many first round picks, on average, start their rookie season?RBs? Not many dont start from day 1.

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Your argument sounds as if it was written by Al Gore, illogical.It's threads and posts like this that lead me to believe we have the worst fan bases in the NFL. Along with the chicken little mentality after every loss, it damn near makes this place unbearable. A logical fallacy in place of a true rebuttal, yet i am the one that is illogical. Very fascinating.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
RBs? Not many dont start from day 1.

You're going to have to do better than that unless it's just your opinion.

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 04:44 PM

RBs,1st round ones, are a different case though. They come out of college nearly 100% developed (pass blocking being the exception majority of the time) and are expected to be a main weapon on the offense almost from the get-go. Trent Richardson and Doug Martin are already the largest parts of their offenses and that's just staying in the 1st round of the previous draft. Considering Andre Brown is out until the Super Bowl and assuming we make a large push into the playoffs, Bradshaw will miss a game at some point (it's just how it is with him) and we will need Wilson to play like a 1st round starting RB. From the few carries we have witnessed, his vision is poor and he seemingly can't find the holes when they are there. The guy at some point in his contract needs to become the feature back or we will look back at it as a poor selection.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 04:49 PM
RBs,1st round ones, are a different case though. They come out of college nearly 100% developed (pass blocking being the exception majority of the time) and are expected to be a main weapon on the offense almost from the get-go. Trent Richardson and Doug Martin are already the largest parts of their offenses and that's just staying in the 1st round of the previous draft. Considering Andre Brown is out until the Super Bowl and assuming we make a large push into the playoffs, Bradshaw will miss a game at some point (it's just how it is with him) and we will need Wilson to play like a 1st round starting RB. From the few carries we have witnessed, his vision is poor and he seemingly can't find the holes when they are there. The guy at some point in his contract needs to become the feature back or we will look back at it as a poor selection.

I think he will be the "feature back" at some point, probably next season. For now, he's learning his trade every week.

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 05:22 PM
You're going to have to do better than that unless it's just your opinion.since 2009, mark Ingram Trent Richardson Doug Martin cj spiller Ryan Matthews jahvid best all started week 1. Donald brown did not and knowshon Moreno did not get his first start until week 5. David Wilson is in the same company as brown and Moreno

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 05:37 PM
since 2009, mark Ingram Trent Richardson Doug Martin cj spiller Ryan Matthews jahvid best all started week 1. Donald brown did not and knowshon Moreno did not get his first start until week 5. David Wilson is in the same company as brown and Moreno

That doesn't answer the question but it's not that important. Wilson will become the feature back when he's ready. The very same people clamoring for him to get more snaps before the Redskins game, are the same people ragging on him now for poor performance based on ma handful of carries. Yet we have some good Wilson news that everyone seems to not care about which is his emergence as a significant weapon as a kick returner.

Rusty192
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
and we will need Wilson to play like a 1st round starting RB. From the few carries we have witnessed, his vision is poor and he seemingly can't find the holes when they are there.You've just stated the problem. We can't make a fair assessment from him getting 3 carries a game.

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
That doesn't answer the question but it's not that important. Wilson will become the feature back when he's ready. The very same people clamoring for him to get more snaps before the Redskins game, are the same people ragging on him now for poor performance based on ma handful of carries. Yet we have some good Wilson news that everyone seems to not care about which is his emergence as a significant weapon as a kick returner. again. The point is, that you don't use first round picks on running backs that aren't ready to play offense their rookie year. a first round pick on a rb that contributes on 6 plays a game is terrible value.

dakotajoe
12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Wilson will develop and be a feature back at some point. He hasn't gotten enough opportunities to thoroughly judge him at RB in my opinion. He's been solid on kick returns.

Fans didn't appreciate Tiki's skills and management even drafted his replacement (Ron Dayne drafted at #11 which most people were very high on at first) , look at how that turned out.

Lemay93
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Im surprised no one has talked about Torrain. Im excited to see this guy play. I think he will bring it against the saints (Hopefully he plays) I saw him when he was with washington, hes exactly what we need to replace brown. Lumpkin guy looked clueless though, maybe he didnt know the plays who knows.

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 06:16 PM
You've just stated the problem. We can't make a fair assessment from him getting 3 carries a game.

He's never really had excellent vision though going back to his days at VT. I'll say this much to be fair and that is I've seen him do a good job on not dancing in the backfield too much compared to how much he did it back in college since he could get away with it against those defenses.

Rusty192
12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
He's never really had excellent vision though going back to his days at VT. I'll say this much to be fair and that is I've seen him do a good job on not dancing in the backfield too much compared to how much he did it back in college since he could get away with it against those defenses.He looked really good in the preseason when he was featured. I encourage people to go and watch those games.

We have to let the guy get into a rhythm. Right now he's averaging 2 carries a game. Plus the defense knows he's getting the ball basically every time.

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
He looked really good in the preseason when he was featured. I encourage people to go and watch those games.

We have to let the guy get into a rhythm. Right now he's averaging 2 carries a game. Plus the defense knows he's getting the ball basically every time.

He did have a nice game against the Bears in the preseason but I haven't really been too impressed with him outside of that. There has been a few carries where he has run into the back of our own linemen and that is an issue of vision.

We do need to utilize him more on PA passes though since when we did it once against the Redskins, the safeties bit on the run. Unfortunately, we weren't able to connect on the pass.

Rusty192
12-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't see this has a year where fans are going to be impressed by Wilson. He never is played. So what tiny bit they see, they make a snap judgment.

Hopefully next season he'll get some serious playing time with Bradshaw getting older.

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM
You're going to have to do better than that unless it's just your opinion.
Ok, out of curiosity I went through and looked at the rookie season of every running back drafted in the first round since 2004.
Excluding the players who suffered injury-shortened seasons, David Wilson is currently on pace to be the most under-utilised 1st-round running back drafted through that period.

att = rushing attempts
games = games played

Steven Jackson 134 att 3 starts 14 games 673 yds 4 TDs
Chris Perry 2 att 0 starts 2 games 1 yd
Kevin Jones 241 att 14 starts 15 games 1133 yds 5 TDs
Ronnie Brown 207 att 14 starts 15 games 904 yds 4 TDs
Cedric Benson 67 att 1 start 9 games 272 yds
Cadillac Williams 290 att 14 starts 14 games 1178 yds 6 TDs
Reggie Bush 155 att 8 starts 16 games 565 yds 6 TDs
Laurence Maroney 175 att 0 starts 14 games 745 yds 6 TDs
DeAngelo Williams 121 att 2 starts 13 game 501 yds 1 TD
Joseph Addai 226 att 0 starts 16 games 1081 yds 7 TDs
Adrian Peterson 238 att 9 starts 14 games 1341 yds 12 TDs
Marshawn Lynch 280 att 13 starts 13 games 1115 yds 7 TDs
Darren McFadden 113 att 5 starts 13 games 499 yds 4 TDs
Jonathan Stewart 184 att 0 starts 16 games 836 yds 10 TDs
Felix Jones 30 att 0 starts 6 games 266 yds 3 TDs
Rashard Mendenhall 19 att 1 start 4 games 58 yds
Chris Johnson 251 att 14 starts 15 games 1228 yds 9 TDs
Knowshon Moreno 247 att 9 starts 16 games 947 yds 7 TDs
Donald Brown 78 att 1 start 11 games 281 yds 3 TDs
Beanie Wells 176 att 0 starts 16 games 793 yds 7 TDs
CJ Spiller 74 att 1 start 14 games 283 yds
Jahvid Best 171 att 9 starts 14 games 555 yds 4 TDs
Mark Ingram 122 att 4 starts 10 games 474 yds 5 TDs
Trent Richardson 229 att 12 starts 12 games 827 yds 7 TDs
Doug Martin 236 att 12 starts 12 games 1106 yds 9 TDs
David Wilson 28 att 0 starts 12 games 111 yds 1 TD
So basically, no, the Giants' treatment of Wilson is not normal.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
again. The point is, that you don't use first round picks on running backs that aren't ready to play offense their rookie year. a first round pick on a rb that contributes on 6 plays a game is terrible value.

OK

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
He did have a nice game against the Bears in the preseason but I haven't really been too impressed with him outside of that. There has been a few carries where he has run into the back of our own linemen and that is an issue of vision.

We do need to utilize him more on PA passes though since when we did it once against the Redskins, the safeties bit on the run. Unfortunately, we weren't able to connect on the pass.

you should be less impressed with the coaching staffs use of wilson,,they are not playing to his strengths,,,,we need to use him like Philly uses shady,,,screen passes and more misdirection,,let him use his speed and elusiveness in the open field..this kid is not a hand it off up the middle guy, plain and simple. plus 4 carries? I dont care who is evaluating him, you can not evaluate on such a microscopic body of work. this kid will be tiki barber 2.0 when it is all said and done..I can feel it.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Ok, out of curiosity I went through and looked at the rookie season of every running back drafted in the first round since 2004.
Excluding the players who suffered injury-shortened seasons, David Wilson is currently on pace to be the most under-utilised 1st-round running back drafted through that period.

att = rushing attempts
games = games played

Steven Jackson 134 att 3 starts 14 games 673 yds 4 TDs
Chris Perry 2 att 0 starts 2 games 1 yd
Kevin Jones 241 att 14 starts 15 games 1133 yds 5 TDs
Ronnie Brown 207 att 14 starts 15 games 904 yds 4 TDs
Cedric Benson 67 att 1 start 9 games 272 yds
Cadillac Williams 290 att 14 starts 14 games 1178 yds 6 TDs
Reggie Bush 155 att 8 starts 16 games 565 yds 6 TDs
Laurence Maroney 175 att 0 starts 14 games 745 yds 6 TDs
DeAngelo Williams 121 att 2 starts 13 game 501 yds 1 TD
Joseph Addai 226 att 0 starts 16 games 1081 yds 7 TDs
Adrian Peterson 238 att 9 starts 14 games 1341 yds 12 TDs
Marshawn Lynch 280 att 13 starts 13 games 1115 yds 7 TDs
Darren McFadden 113 att 5 starts 13 games 499 yds 4 TDs
Jonathan Stewart 184 att 0 starts 16 games 836 yds 10 TDs
Felix Jones 30 att 0 starts 6 games 266 yds 3 TDs
Rashard Mendenhall 19 att 1 start 4 games 58 yds
Chris Johnson 251 att 14 starts 15 games 1228 yds 9 TDs
Knowshon Moreno 247 att 9 starts 16 games 947 yds 7 TDs
Donald Brown 78 att 1 start 11 games 281 yds 3 TDs
Beanie Wells 176 att 0 starts 16 games 793 yds 7 TDs
CJ Spiller 74 att 1 start 14 games 283 yds
Jahvid Best 171 att 9 starts 14 games 555 yds 4 TDs
Mark Ingram 122 att 4 starts 10 games 474 yds 5 TDs
Trent Richardson 229 att 12 starts 12 games 827 yds 7 TDs
Doug Martin 236 att 12 starts 12 games 1106 yds 9 TDs
David Wilson 28 att 0 starts 12 games 111 yds 1 TD
So basically, no, the Giants' treatment of Wilson is not normal.

It's normal for the Giants

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-05-2012, 06:52 PM
OK

not the kids fault the coaching staff just does not play rookies like that,,never have. you guys need to relax,,if we were 9-3 nobody would even be talking about him like this,,it's just one more than to b*tch about. the entire team should be ashamed.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-05-2012, 06:54 PM

roanoke,,you are one of the more knowledgable posters on this board, you get it,,,,,some people will just never be happy.

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
you should be less impressed with the coaching staffs use of wilson,,they are not playing to his strengths,,,,we need to use him like Philly uses shady,,,screen passes and more misdirection,,let him use his speed and elusiveness in the open field..this kid is not a hand it off up the middle guy, plain and simple. plus 4 carries? I dont care who is evaluating him, you can not evaluate on such a microscopic body of work. this kid will be tiki barber 2.0 when it is all said and done..I can feel it.

And that goes back to an earlier point I've made before: If the coaching staff isn't utilizing him properly because he doesn't fit our scheme, then why did we feel the need to draft Wilson with our 1st when we could of taken someone else and then drafted another RB later on who fit the NYG scheme? Considering we find great success (and lots of other teams as well) with later round backs, it was an unusual draft move by Reese.

Also, I'm going off of what we've seen him do in VT combined with his time here in NY and that's a big enough sample size to in fact say that his vision is not what you desire out of a 1st round selection. It can be fixed though but the question is when will he get it?

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-05-2012, 07:06 PM
And that goes back to an earlier point I've made before: If the coaching staff isn't utilizing him properly because he doesn't fit our scheme, then why did we feel the need to draft Wilson with our 1st when we could of taken someone else and then drafted another RB later on who fit the NYG scheme? Considering we find great success (and lots of other teams as well) with later round backs, it was an unusual draft move by Reese.

Also, I'm going off of what we've seen him do in VT combined with his time here in NY and that's a big enough sample size to in fact say that his vision is not what you desire out of a 1st round selection. It can be fixed though but the question is when will he get it?

why does everyone say he doesn't get it,,,has that been documented? doug martin is playing because they have nobody else. the giants draft and develop well so we are never really in that position to force a kid into duty,,,this kid will be fine,,tiki wasnt so great when he first came up,,,the problem is the undying loyalty to bradshaw and the fact that this team just does not play rookies historically,,1st round or 7th round. plus,,plenty of players were mediocre in college and studs in the NFl and vice versa,,so I dont put much stock into his college days,,I think everybody is really frustrated and looking to vent on anyone and everyone,,remember what was said about prince? many of the same things,,now look at him,,he is on his way to being a legit top 10 corner,,have some patience,,,the kid will pan out.

Imgrate
12-05-2012, 07:06 PM
not the kids fault the coaching staff just does not play rookies like that,,never have. you guys need to relax,,if we were 9-3 nobody would even be talking about him like this,,it's just one more than to b*tch about. the entire team should be ashamed.Nicks, jpp Ross kp all played significantly more snaps. All of them play a position that is harder to transition to the pros than rb...But, let's assume you are correct and we don't play rookies, then we should've drafted a player that plays a position worth investing in. guys like cordy Glenn, Andre branch, Kendall Reyes

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Nicks, jpp Ross kp all played significantly more snaps. All of them play a position that is harder to transition to the pros than rb...But, let's assume you are correct and we don't play rookies, then we should've drafted a player that plays a position worth investing in. guys like cordy Glenn, Andre branch, Kendall Reyes

its just how the giants roll,,like refusing to move up in the draft to get a stud,,we just dont do it. if we didnt have bradshaw this kid would have gotten significant snaps by mid season. we can question the giants draft stratedgy all we want but we have won 2 super bowls in the past 5 years so I have faith in the fact that they know what they are doing.

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM
why does everyone say he doesn't get it,,,has that been documented? doug martin is playing because they have nobody else. the giants draft and develop well so we are never really in that position to force a kid into duty,,,this kid will be fine,,tiki wasnt so great when he first came up,,,the problem is the undying loyalty to bradshaw and the fact that this team just does not play rookies historically,,1st round or 7th round. plus,,plenty of players were mediocre in college and studs in the NFl and vice versa,,so I dont put much stock into his college days,,I think everybody is really frustrated and looking to vent on anyone and everyone,,remember what was said about prince? many of the same things,,now look at him,,he is on his way to being a legit top 10 corner,,have some patience,,,the kid will pan out.

Doug Martin overtook LeGarrette Blount who did rush for 1k yards in his rookie season so it's not like TB had nothing there before. The issue with Blount was his lack of pass blocking ability which Martin came into the NFL having some prior experience (but it wasn't perfect). What I mean by "he doesn't get it" is that he hasn't displayed the proper skillset to be a feature back like Bradshaw has. The pass blocking obviously isn't there due to the low amount of snaps and on some of his very limited carries, he hasn't displayed the vision to be the type of RB the Giants like. I promise you there is no frustration from the Skins loss that factors into my Wilson evaluation. I'm just being honest in with what I see.

I'm not sure where you see the similarities in Tiki and Wilson unless you are just saying that because they both have been Giants. Shady or CJ Spiller would be a more appropriate comparison but the problem is that our scheme isn't really fit for those kind of RBs.

Prince also isn't a good comparison because he was injured for half of the season and there was no way we were going to put a rookie CB out in that stretch of games that featured the Packers and Saints. Plus, as pointed out before, the two positions are so different and the development time usually takes longer for defensive backs in the modern NFL.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Doug Martin overtook LeGarrette Blount who did rush for 1k yards in his rookie season so it's not like TB had nothing there before. The issue with Blount was his lack of pass blocking ability which Martin came into the NFL having some prior experience (but it wasn't perfect). What I mean by "he doesn't get it" is that he hasn't displayed the proper skillset to be a feature back like Bradshaw has. The pass blocking obviously isn't there due to the low amount of snaps and on some of his very limited carries, he hasn't displayed the vision to be the type of RB the Giants like. I promise you there is no frustration from the Skins loss that factors into my Wilson evaluation. I'm just being honest in with what I see.

I'm not sure where you see the similarities in Tiki and Wilson unless you are just saying that because they both have been Giants. Shady or CJ Spiller would be a more appropriate comparison but the problem is that our scheme isn't really fit for those kind of RBs.

Prince also isn't a good comparison because he was injured for half of the season and there was no way we were going to put a rookie CB out in that stretch of games that featured the Packers and Saints. Plus, as pointed out before, the two positions are so different and the development time usually takes longer for defensive backs in the modern NFL.

why does he not have the proper skill set? you can tell that from a handful of carries? tom brady didnt havre the proper skill set,,not saying this kid is the tom brady of running backs but you see what I am saying. To say this kid doesnt get it doesnt make sense,,he is a rookie,,learning the pro game behind an entrenched starter. you could have taken over blount,,he is a head case and not that good,,prince is a perfect comparison because up until a few weeks ago the same was said about him,,cant cover,,too slow,,wont pan out,,should have drated somebody else,,blah, blah,,,once given a chance,,solid,,,,,and this kid is in the mold of tiki barber,,small,,pass catching back,,,best in open space,,I mean it's a no brainer,,,throw this kid some screens,,use him on some misdirection plays and you will see a better player,,cj spiller is an awful comparison because his only asset is speed,,and I believe he is faster than wilson as well. I said in an earlier post that we should use him like shady,,play to his strengths. there just is not enough meat on the bone to make any judgements just yet.

Ladder27
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Your compairing Bradshaw to LeGarretteIpunchmyownteamatesintheface. The guy only has 2 years in the league as well so you can't compaire Bradshaw with that ****.

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 07:29 PM
You asked for facts and I gave them...

and after looking through the Giants' #1 picks' rookie seasons, Wilson still sticks out:

Through the same period:

Prince Amukamara:

7 games / 0 starts
1 interception
3 passes defended
12 tackles / 2 assists

Jason Pierre-Paul:

16 games / 0 starts
4.5 sacks
6 passes defended
2 forced fumbles
17 tackles/ 5 assists

Hakeem Nicks:

14 games / 6 starts
47 receptions
790 yards
6 touchdowns

Kenny Phillips:

16 games / 3 starts
1 interception
50 tackles / 7 assists

Aaron Ross:

15 games / 9 starts
1.5 sacks
3 interceptions / 1 touchdown
35 tackles / 7 assists

Mathias Kiwanuka

16 games / 9 starts
4 sacks
2 interceptions
2 forced fumbles
44 tackles / 9 assists

Corey Webster:

15 games / 2 starts
5 passes defended
2 forced fumbles
38 tackles / 1 assist

Eli Manning:

9 games / 7 starts
197 attempts
1043 yards
6 touchdowns

Obviously there are still four games remaining so this could very well change, but as it stands, Wilson is the first #1 pick of this current group to be used so sparingly.

roanoke,,you are one of the more knowledgable posters on this board, you get it,,,,,some people will just never be happy.
It's not about being unhappy, it's just confusing. Why draft a guy if you aren't going to use him?

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 07:41 PM
why does he not have the proper skill set? you can tell that from a handful of carries? tom brady didnt havre the proper skill set,,not saying this kid is the tom brady of running backs but you see what I am saying. To say this kid doesnt get it doesnt make sense,,he is a rookie,,learning the pro game behind an entrenched starter. you could have taken over blount,,he is a head case and not that good,,prince is a perfect comparison because up until a few weeks ago the same was said about him,,cant cover,,too slow,,wont pan out,,should have drated somebody else,,blah, blah,,,once given a chance,,solid,,,,,and this kid is in the mold of tiki barber,,small,,pass catching back,,,best in open space,,I mean it's a no brainer,,,throw this kid some screens,,use him on some misdirection plays and you will see a better player,,cj spiller is an awful comparison because his only asset is speed,,and I believe he is faster than wilson as well. I said in an earlier post that we should use him like shady,,play to his strengths. there just is not enough meat on the bone to make any judgements just yet.

I've already told you what he is lacking so far at this point - lack of pass protection skills (most rookies lack this to be fair) and mediocre vision to be an inside runner like the Giants covet.

Blount's actually a decent runner but the issue was that he was so poor in pass blocking, it was quite evident to the opposing defenses that a run play was happening anytime he was in the game.

Prince is not a good comparison at all and those who said he can't cover because of physical limitations were incorrect. Other than short arms, he has the perfect build and frame to be a shutdown corner in this league. Some people freaked out because of the Jacksonville preseason game but other than that, he has been money and there has been little complaints about him. He's the kind of player you can plug into any system and he will do wonders for you. Wilson...that's debatable.

Doug Martin is more like Tiki when you watch the tape. Wilson isn't as tough on the inside like those two are and he prefers to avoid defenders like CJ Spiller does instead of taking them on with his leg power. Spiller is a faster north-south runner but Wilson has a better burst of agility and I'll give you that much. I made a judgement on his vision which hasn't changed since VT so there is enough meat on the bones so to speak.

I understand you like this kid's explosive running and what he can potentially offer to an offense and that is fine and respectable but I simply disagree about him needing more chances. I think the coaching staff isn't giving him more because he isn't ready.

TheEnigma
12-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Your compairing Bradshaw to LeGarretteIpunchmyownteamatesintheface. The guy only has 2 years in the league as well so you can't compaire Bradshaw with that ****.

I never compared those two? I brought up Blount because he was there before Martin...that's all.

RoanokeFan
12-05-2012, 07:51 PM
You asked for facts and I gave them...

and after looking through the Giants' #1 picks' rookie seasons, Wilson still sticks out:

Through the same period:

Prince Amukamara:
7 games / 0 starts
1 interception
3 passes defended
12 tackles / 2 assists

Jason Pierre-Paul:
16 games / 0 starts
4.5 sacks
6 passes defended
2 forced fumbles
17 tackles/ 5 assists

Hakeem Nicks:
14 games / 6 starts
47 receptions
790 yards
6 touchdowns

Kenny Phillips:
16 games / 3 starts
1 interception
50 tackles / 7 assists

Aaron Ross:
15 games / 9 starts
1.5 sacks
3 interceptions / 1 touchdown
35 tackles / 7 assists

Mathias Kiwanuka
16 games / 9 starts
4 sacks
2 interceptions
2 forced fumbles
44 tackles / 9 assists

Corey Webster:
15 games / 2 starts
5 passes defended
2 forced fumbles
38 tackles / 1 assist

Eli Manning:
9 games / 7 starts
197 attempts
1043 yards
6 touchdowns

Obviously there are still four games remaining so this could very well change, but as it stands, Wilson is the first #1 pick of this current group to be used so sparingly.

It's not about being unhappy, it's just confusing. Why draft a guy if you aren't going to use him?

My last post on this issue. Every player develops at a different pace. People seem to think that running back is the least difficult position on the team to transition to. However, the coaching staff has indicated that it's more than running the ball and further that David has more to learn. He is being tutored by Hynoski on making pre-snap reads and picking up blitzes.

Historically, we draft players to develop them. It's not a new concept. It has been going on since 1979 when George Young became the first real GM in Giants' history. Fast forward to Jerry Reese and his now famous "I don't do sexy" referring to his draft and FA acquisitions. WE want our draft picks to start right away, that's just not an expectation the organization has. It's hard to argue that their philosophy sucks when it's been successful most of the time. We've come to call it "next man up" in recent times.

Wilson's time to shine at RB will come, he's been entrusted with returning kicks (at which he excels) which for some reason people on here see as a second class citizen role. He's not in the dog house, he's not better than Bradshaw at this moment in time, and he is poised to have to take over the #1 role when and if Bradshaw's feet or neck flare up.

Tmurda1984
12-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I do not disagree with anyone who says that every athlete peaks at different times....I will not debate because this is true. What is frustrating is having the coaching staff blamed for why he is on the bench. I was annoyed with Wilson's interview a few weeks ago because he acts as if its the coaching staff keeping him back too. I dont want a rookie here who thinks they have done all they could to start....because I never heard Wilson mentioning the little things he could do better. Like stay with Eli after practice, or staying back to watch game film, or even being outspoken and competitive for the extra reps at practice. All I heard from him was that he does well with the reps he get. This rookie has alot to learn.

Cloud57
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM

We do need to utilize him more on PA passes though since when we did it once against the Redskins, the safeties bit on the run. Unfortunately, we weren't able to connect on the pass.a positive is that he hasn't fumbled the ball while running into a lineman's rear lol

JJC7301
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Nicks, jpp Ross kp all played significantly more snaps. All of them play a position that is harder to transition to the pros than rb...But, let's assume you are correct and we don't play rookies, then we should've drafted a player that plays a position worth investing in. guys like cordy Glenn, Andre branch, Kendall Reyes
Cordy Glenn....I was so hoping that we would draft him.

JJC7301
12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Never liked the pick, especially with Cordy Glenn on the board, but don't be so quick to call him a bust. Though it hasn't been the season anyone envisioned when he was taken first round, look at CJ Spiller this year.
+1 on Cordy Glenn and +1 on the Spiller comparison. I prefer power runners instead of speed guys, anyway.

Give it time, folks. And it's not like Wilson hasn't contributed at all this year. He as been our KR this year and has done an excellent job at it.

TheShouldersOf
12-06-2012, 12:28 AM

Indeed, i do concur, when you have a certain Skill set, you should utilize said skill set versus try to force a different one on him, and that is on the Coaches, Wilson didn't ask to be a Giant, they drafted him, they knew what kind of runner he is, they knew his skill set, it's wrong to force another on someone, and that is the Coaches fault,

if they can't come up with a couple plays to utilize his skill set, and in turn force 3 inside runs, and one toss a game, that is again on the coaches,

same thing is happening to Bush at Miami,

Bradshaw runs into his own line at least once a game, sometimes more,

does anyone, or has anyone actually played the Running Back position, and not in Backyard games, i mean highschool, college, pro style games?

gmen0820
12-06-2012, 12:54 AM
+1 on Cordy Glenn and +1 on the Spiller comparison. I prefer power runners instead of speed guys, anyway. Give it time, folks. And it's not like Wilson hasn't contributed at all this year. He as been our KR this year and has done an excellent job at it.The thing with Spiller is that Fred Jackson emerged and is a coaches favorite there. Gailey LOVES Jackson. If Spiller was able to tote it 20-25 times a game, he's quite possibly the most dangerous back in the league. Bills fans are in shock just how inept Gailey is with his use of Spiller, much like we are with Wilson to a lesser extent. Just wait until Wilson breaks another long TD like the one vs. Cleveland. We will all be up in arms when Bradshaw is getting the starts and bulk of the load even when he is running on makeshift parts below the calves. Coughlin from what I've gathered from him is a very firm believer in seniority, which is nice in the locker room but it also makes us susceptible to everything that ensues from a lack of timely adjustments. O'Hara in 2010 is a prime example. Our whole staff is guilty of it at times. Fewell didn't fine tune his defensive philosophy until players complained about it. It should never have to reach that point, coaching staffs get paid very handsomely to ensure that our team is always in an optimal system with the best combination of 11 on the field. An extreme example of this can be seen in San Diego, where Norv Turner plays Ronnie Brown on every third down and every passing situation. It's a key give away, but because Brown is one of Norv's favorite guys with his "desire to learn the intricacies of pass protection", he gets more snaps than a RB at his playing level should. Meanwhile, Ryan Mathews is an ultra talented back who is put in awful situations the majority of the time with insufficient time to get into a rhythm. Also, Cleveland. Richardson takes off on third down and Montario Hardesty/Chris Ogbannaya check in? Why? No clue. No one knows. Could be that Shurmur thinks they are better pass blockers, but considering they rarely block, it's a stretch. Richardson is ultra talented, and doesn't have his oppurtunities maximized. Same thing with Munchak in Tennessee. CJ2K might have the gaudiest averages in the league when he hits over 20 touches, and some of the ugliest when he is under 16 or so. You'd think he gets the touches, but he doesn't. It should also come as no surprise tha there's a good chance that at least 75% of these coaches are probably searching for a job next year. Luckily, we prosper in spite of some of these coaching mismanagements, but I still am hard pressed to call it the correct mold. I much more prefer Tomlin's way of doing things, and his teams are equally successful.

gmen0820
12-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I had that text split up, but it put it as a block anyway. I hate these ****ty new boards.

Edit: oh and how could I forget our boys Reid/Mornhinweg and their piss poor use of McCoy, or Crennel/Daboll and their piss poor use of Charles. All elite caliber backs completely with their balls being squeezed in the palms of their coaches.

gmen0820
12-06-2012, 01:08 AM
And just to conclude with my feelings on Wilson: I understand he is young and developing. I understand we run a complex offense under Gilbride. I understand that Coughlin is hard on rookies who make mistakes. But I can't, and will never understand why we trust a guy we signed 5 days or so before the game in Kregg Lumpkin to be in there on the first series vs the Redskins over our FIRST ROUND PICK who needs game experience. **** it, if you want to be so stubborn about it Coughlin, just keep Bradshaw in there. He is a monster in pass protection and an all around threat. Lumpkin? Are you ****ing kidding me?

giantsfan420
12-06-2012, 01:24 AM
And just to conclude with my feelings on Wilson: I understand he is young and developing. I understand we run a complex offense under Gilbride. I understand that Coughlin is hard on rookies who make mistakes. But I can't, and will never understand why we trust a guy we signed 5 days or so before the game in Kregg Lumpkin to be in there on the first series vs the Redskins over our FIRST ROUND PICK who needs game experience. **** it, if you want to be so stubborn about it Coughlin, just keep Bradshaw in there. He is a monster in pass protection and an all around threat. Lumpkin? Are you ****ing kidding me?
lol i said the same thing to u last night. LUMPKIN WASNT EVEN BLOCKING HE WAS GOING OUT ON ROUTES LIKE DESIGNED ROUTES...lmfao and then the screen to him where if we connect on that, dude has NO ONE to beat except a guy thats being blocked...he ran towards eli when i gathered he was supposed to just step back from where he was at as thats how we usually do our screens. some teams do it more of a buble type and have the target trak back to the qb/ball but it was obvious eli/lumpkin werent on the same page...that disgusted me bc wilson is the kinda guy where he just needs one friggin play to break one for a td. it can be at any moment. which is why i dont get why we use him FOUR TIMES A GAME IF THAT when we NEED to alleviate all the pressure on the pass game to move the ball and score

kkoney500
12-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Wilson can be good. He has not had a chance to do anything.

TheShouldersOf
12-06-2012, 04:11 AM
i concur with everything gmen0820 (http://boards.giants.com/member.php?36580-gmen0820) Said!

throw Reggie Bush into the mix as well

Rat_bastich
12-06-2012, 04:46 AM
I wouldn't make any comparisons between Wilson, Martin and whoever else for a couple of more years. Who knows, this may be Martin's best year and then he peter's out like Reggie Bush. With Reese and Coughlin, it was never expected for Wilson to be the starter anyways. It was Bradshaw's job with Wilson most likely figured to be backup or third wheel. Give him a year or three to see what he can do.

BurnerNYG
12-06-2012, 05:10 AM
I saw Tmurda in control of this thread and paid it no mind. 22 pages of nonsense.

TheShouldersOf
12-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Q: Thoughts on David Wilsonís carries on Monday night:
A: He runs hard. He ran hard and he showed that he can go in there and play, thereís no question about that. He has learned, he has developed. We need that. We need to be able to count on a number of backs this time of year and really at any time.

Q: His assignments were on point?
A: They were.

And still didn't play because?

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I saw Tmurda in control of this thread and paid it no mind. 22 pages of nonsense.

you thought enough to make this ill thought comment,,at least he attempts to talk football,,you,,well talk about nonsense.

jomo
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Nice pick up Reese, what a joke this guy is. Lol was Kregg Lumpkin out there...We are going to miss Andre Brown. This kid sucks, he has no vision and only has straight line speed, he got no lateral quickness and allows guys like London Fletcher to cut him off. Thanks Reese! We could of had Doug Martin.Ah the crystal clarity of 20/20 hindsight. Amateurs can retrospectively spot the winner every time. Truly amazing!

RoanokeFan
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Ah the crystal clarity of 20/20 hindsight. Amateurs can retrospectively spot the winner every time. Truly amazing!

:popcorn:

Cloud57
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I've been critical of Wilson these few weeks but he's tough and does run hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WecYUtyfnRM

GMENAGAIN
12-06-2012, 08:18 PM

That was definitely a head-scratcher . . . . .

VBGiantsFan
12-06-2012, 09:47 PM
That was definitely a head-scratcher . . . . .

Bradshaw needs rest. He has the knees and feet of a much older person.

The. Ast rb the giants drafted first round was ron dayne. We should have picked up a de instead.

BlueRage
12-06-2012, 11:03 PM
There's a lot of posts in this thread and I'm sorry I didn't have the time to go through it, but is anyone else concerned that his lack of play time is changing his style of running? He seemed to be a lot more patient than he is now, and it also feels like he takes every ball out of the end zone on kick returns that he can regardless of whether it's a smart play. (yet I still get excited anyway seeing him take off)

Not bashing the guy because I like the spirit, but I want him to develop into the exciting home run hitter a lot of us were hoping for when we drafted him. Part of those big plays is being able to hang out for a block to develop before hitting the jets...

AceOspadZ4
12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
One thing that hurts wilson is the fact that out of his 39 snaps on the season he has carried the ball or been the target on 33 of them. How much success can a guy have when the entire building KNOWS hes gonna get the ball? This one is on the coaches. Remember when they would put Sinorice Moss in once a game and theyd throw the quick screen to him? Every time? You need to give the defense a different look. Throw some quick passes with Wilson in there if u dont trust his blocking, but u need to have variety. Play action perhaps? Not saying the kid is barry sanders, but its not helping to be so consistent with the play calling.

Cloud57
12-07-2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-m-Ev5amfM

This is old but I like his energy.

That being said I think he can have a big game against the Saints but unfortunately they will probably give him like 3 carries.

BigBlue wins
12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
his cleat came off...lol

dakotajoe
12-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I just finished watching the highlights.

I wasn't aware that Wilson follows his blockers, breaks tackles, has great balance, and makes big plays when given the opportunity.

I got the impression that Wilson was only good at running the 40 yard dash after reading these forums.

RoanokeFan
12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-m-Ev5amfM

This is old but I like his energy.

That being said I think he can have a big game against the Saints but unfortunately they will probably give him like 3 carries.

You must have missed the thread where the ST Coordinator said they were working with Hixon, if healthy, to take over some return duties so Wilson could get more involved in the offense.

YATittle1962
12-07-2012, 07:33 PM
"could have"

I never want to be the grammar police but that drives me absolutely crazy every time I see it

"could of" and "anyways ".....drive me absolutely insane

RoanokeFan
12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I never want to be the grammar police but that drives me absolutely crazy every time I see it

MAKE A MENTAL NOTE PEOPLE! :p

alentown pa
12-07-2012, 07:40 PM

using "your" instead of "you're" is my personal fav

alentown pa
12-07-2012, 07:41 PM
MAKE A MENTAL NOTE PEOPLE! :p

I'm finding a way to put those words in every post on the DYK thread from now on..anyways..big game sunday..go blue:p

YATittle1962
12-07-2012, 07:46 PM
using "your" instead of "you're" is my personal fav

thats another one

"are" for "our" is another one that makes me pull my hair out

RoanokeFan
12-07-2012, 08:24 PM
thats another one

Prolly for probably

BigBlue1971
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM

dont give up on this guy so quick! dont forget hes only a rookie with hardly any touches in his 1st season!

Wilson will only get better in all aspects of his game! obviously he hasnt given Giants fans what we all expect but hes still learning!

i still think in a coupla years Wilson may be better than Martin and Richardson or at least i hope so.

he does show explosive potential which again will only increase with playing time!

brad
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM

The fact that he only got 4 carries may say more than what he did with those carries... it suggests to me that he is having a hard time picking up the offense, blocking or the coaches aren't very confident in him. I hope that I am wrong, because I had pretty high expectations... of course it is still early, we may yet see great things from him. It just takes some players more time than others.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-07-2012, 09:13 PM
His first carry was through the middle for 5 yards.

If you're going to give up on a draft pick because of 3 mediocre carries, then you might as well not even draft.

Wilson was used last night as a very quick breather for AB and nothing more (kickoffs aside).

or watch the giants for all that. wait until he does start to produce,,these same people will say I told you so.

Buddy333
12-07-2012, 09:27 PM
So what we are to believe is that because he was a first round pick and has not has a great rookie season he stinks and is a bust. So don't trust Reese. Even though every first round pick he has made has been very pod for this team. Ok.

RoanokeFan
12-07-2012, 09:31 PM
So what we are to believe is that because he was a first round pick and has not has a great rookie season he stinks and is a bust. So don't trust Reese. Even though every first round pick he has made has been very pod for this team. Ok.

That sound about right :o

WiIdcat
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM

How about you never make a thread or post on this forum again. Ok? Thanks.

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Wilson has balance, vision, deceptive power, and speed. Love what he brings to our team. The East will have to put up with this guy for years.

BlueSanta
12-10-2012, 04:21 AM
This thread is great. You can really see who all the knee jerk reaction fans are.

I think I will bring it back up for everyone to review again.

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Interesting!

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 06:46 AM
dont give up on this guy so quick! dont forget hes only a rookie with hardly any touches in his 1st season!

Wilson will only get better in all aspects of his game! obviously he hasnt given Giants fans what we all expect but hes still learning!

i still think in a coupla years Wilson may be better than Martin and Richardson or at least i hope so.

he does show explosive potential which again will only increase with playing time!

True ^^^^

Wilson was on FIRE , Thereís always somebody saying Wilson canít do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate Wilson !

GO Giants !

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 06:47 AM

LMAO!!!

Owned!!!

giantscolombia
12-10-2012, 08:49 AM
hahahah keep this one alive.

what a fool to post something like this without Wilson even having a real chance...

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 08:53 AM

Too bad we don't do retractions lol

keyofgmen
12-10-2012, 08:54 AM
thats another one

The worst is "I could care less!" when they mean "I couldn't care less!" HAHA

TAILGATIN'
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Giantsforce, Shockeystays, and Imgrate,
Anyone home? I better not see any of you haters on the Wilson bandwagon now after last night's game. You all were so quick to put the kid down before he even had a chance. Im not saying he's God, but I think he showed you what he is capable of. Some of you were quick to name call and bash other members here as well... go join the Eagles forums!!!

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Giantsforce, Shockeystays, and Imgrate,
Anyone home? I better not see any of you haters on the Wilson bandwagon now after last night's game. You all were so quick to put the kid down before he even had a chance. Im not saying he's God, but I think he showed you what he is capable of. Some of you were quick to name call and bash other members here as well... go join the Eagles forums!!!

Patience is a virtue

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Wilson has balance, vision, deceptive power, and speed. Love what he brings to our team. The East will have to put up with this guy for years.I disagree with vision. Id say his vision is average maybe slightly below for an NFL RB. Balance is outstanding top 5% in the NFL. Speed ,explosion , 1st round worthy for sure