PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Brown Is The Man!!!

DINO FLORIDA
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
This dude does nothing but make plays!! What a great front office pickup. And to think another team cast this guy aside. I see Phillips as depth, maybe for the 3-safety alignment, but he is otherwise very overrated. I only see him make tackles AFTER catches are made by the opponent. For those of you old enough to remember, he is another Terry Kinard - another after the catch tackler.

TroyArcher
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Rather see KP playing, but can't knock Brown's nose for the ball.

WEG313
Sorry, but I STRONGLY disagree. Brown is terrific as a free safety ball hawk, but he is a liability against the run. The presence of KP makes the DL that much better. Just look at the Green Bay game.

slipknottin
KP and Brown are the two best safeties on this team.

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
KP and Brown are the two best safeties on this team.i agree but it doesnt matter bc we can find ways for all of em to get on the field. and we got will hill and hosely playing damn well too...

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
David Wilson has somewhat taken Stevie Browns name off the front page but Brown played a great great game.

he is a certain ball hawk and should be the future at safety!

I Bleed Blue
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM

You have to throw Will Hill in there as well.

miked1958
12-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Love what him Hosley, prince and Hill could become for the giants

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
yea i had my doubts but stevie makes plays for sure. 2 ints and a forced fumble? and hes not the mvp... its like we've grown to expect this lol. NEED kp back though, with all our safeties healthy our d runs much better

miked1958
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Changing of the guard... As cweb, KP and TT careers wind down

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:21 PM

How is KPs career winding down? He's a year older than Brown

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Stevie Brown has been in the league for a few years. Could his recent success be attributed to Perry's defensive system? Hmm, I am just saying. Why didn't he show any of this with the Colts or Oakland?

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
yea he was a steal cause he didn't have exciting stats before he came here.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Stevie Brown has been in the league for a few years. Could his recent success be attributed to Perry's defensive system? Hmm, I am just saying. Why didn't he show any of this with the Colts or Oakland?

He has never had this much playing time. He's spent most of his career on practice squads

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
He has never had this much playing time. He's spent most of his career on practice squads

The dude played a lot while in Oakland. He didn't any of what he is doing now back in 2010. With the colts he didn't get much playing time, but he did have a few of opportunities there.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
The dude played a lot while in Oakland. He didn't any of what he is doing now back in 2010. With the colts he didn't get much playing time, but he did have a few of opportunities there.

He started 1 game, he barely played on defense for either team. He was just a ST player for the most part.

GMAN2K9
12-09-2012, 09:40 PM

KPs career is FAR from over. While he battles the knee injuries, he has everything to be a very productive (and affordable) player for us for many years to come

Jorge Boada
12-09-2012, 09:42 PM
May be KP is better but Brown IS A PLAYMAKER!!!!...

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 09:43 PM
He started 1 game, he barely played on defense for either team. He was just a ST player for the most part.

Starting a game doesn't mean anything in the NFL. We are talking about the number of snaps a person plays. Starting lineup is more of a concern for Basketball, Baseball and Hockey.

He had plenty of opportunities with the Colts and Oakland. He played 15 games with the Raiders and 8 with the colts. He took alot of snaps with Oakland. He had plenty of playing time, but he didn't show any of the brilliance that he is showing with the Giants.

hungrrrry
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Rather see KP playing, but can't knock Brown's nose for the ball.exactly my thoughts!

Robz
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
He SHOULD be a Pro Bowler this year, with Cruz and Tynes!

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
He SHOULD be a Pro Bowler this year, with Cruz and Tynes!

He has to be. No question.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Starting a game doesn't mean anything in the NFL. We are talking about the number of snaps a person plays. Starting lineup is more of a concern for Basketball, Baseball and Hockey.

He had plenty of opportunities with the Colts and Oakland. He played 15 games with the Raiders and 8 with the colts. He took alot of snaps with Oakland. He had plenty of playing time, but he didn't show any of the brilliance that he is showing with the Giants.

He didnt play a SINGLE snap on defense with the Colts.

He played 160 snaps on defense with the raiders.

He has played 569 snaps on defense with the giants.

Soooo

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Stevie Brown is my favorite young Giant player. This man is a beast and knows how to play centerfield. He's instinct and makes plays on the ball. He's been the difference in that secondary. Having Phillips, Rolle, Brown are not bad options. I like Will Hill too, Tyler Sash days are numbered.

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Tyler Sash days are numbered.

Sash is a core ST player though, so he will be around for awhile.

But as for how useful he will be on defense, a lot of us didnt see him every being a major contributor when he was drafted. Just doesnt have the range.

Though I do remember a few here saying he was as good as Ed Reed because he had a lot of interceptions in college

thegiantsrule10
12-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I was watching highlights on nfl.com and after his first pick Deion sanders said he should be a pro-bowler. Then after his second he said forget pro bowl he deserves all-pro.

Marvelousmik
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM

id like to see kp and brown play back and have rolle play closer to the box.

Tommy_Ribs
12-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Stevie Brown is the element this team has missed for years - a True Ball Hawk that makes plays on passes in the air.

I think Rolle is playing terrific this year, but Stevie has been flat out terrific. They are a real good tandem.

gumby74
12-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Changing of the guard... As cweb, KP and TT careers wind down +1

BigBlueAllDay
12-09-2012, 10:51 PM
I'd also like to give props to Will Hill who played very well in this game.

Giants5699
12-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Rolle has had a terrific season as well for as much **** as you guys talk about him. But Brown has been fantastic.

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 11:18 PM
He didnt play a SINGLE snap on defense with the Colts.

He played 160 snaps on defense with the raiders.

He has played 569 snaps on defense with the giants.

Soooo

Soooo! Lol. 160 snaps for the raiders is nothing by.your standards. He played defense on the colts and showed absolutely nothing when he had opportunities. Preseason or special teams.

If Phillips wasn't hurt and we didn't have the suspensions on Defense. You probably wouldnt know who Stevie was. Sooooo. Fewell is bringing the best out of this guy.

giantsforce
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM
i agree but it doesnt matter bc we can find ways for all of em to get on the field. and we got will hill and hosely playing damn well too...So how come our secondary is such a liability and they give up the long plays so easily?

giantsforce
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Soooo! Lol. 160 snaps for the raiders is nothing by.your standards. He played defense on the colts and showed absolutely nothing when he had opportunities. Preseason or special teams.

If Phillips wasn't hurt and we didn't have the suspensions on Defense. You probably wouldnt know who Stevie was. Sooooo. Fewell is bringing the best out of this guy.Fewell cannot spell "Best" let alone bring out anyone's best.

rEaS
12-09-2012, 11:29 PM
yeah cause it's not like he made this a championship defense or anything right? lol.. whats with the fewell hate.. when the defense plays well it's because of the players but when they play bad it's the coaches fault? ffs..

i love stevie brown.. but we do need KP.. stevie might be a great ball hawk and rolle is an awesome tackler, but it's kp that prevents the big plays and deep balls.. we surrender oh so much more big plays when kp is out then when he's in.. as limited as our lb core is, and as awesome as our 3 safety set has been, it's a no brainer we need these 3 guys healthy with a surprising and great all around athlete in hill as a backup.. sash is just ST material if that..

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Honestly the guy should make the pro bowl he has been awesome all year......

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 11:33 PM
id like to see kp and brown play back and have rolle play closer to the box.this. this should be our nickel defense. we still can get hill or hosely on the field too.

things are coming together, we're going on a run

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 11:35 PM
So how come our secondary is such a liability and they give up the long plays so easily?kp wasnt playing. r u trying to say kp doesnt make our secondary much better vs the long ball? ok then u do u...id prefer brown and kp back there and rolle roaming around ala troy p. he loves to freelance as is, at least let him do it without hurting the d, and u do that by having brown and kp maintain their responsibilities

BillTheGreek
12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Stevie Brown is the element this team has missed for years - a True Ball Hawk that makes plays on passes in the air.

I think Rolle is playing terrific this year, but Stevie has been flat out terrific. They are a real good tandem.

True ^^^^^ +1

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Fewell cannot spell "Best" let alone bring out anyone's best.

Lol, What happened the last seven games of last season. We played like trash the entire season last year, but somehow we turned it on when it counted the most. How did that happen? You have to give credit where it is due. I hate on Fewell just as much as anyone else, but you have to be fair.

G-Men4Supes
12-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Brown has broken the Giants single-season record for interception return yards with 259 on seven interceptions.

Harooni
12-10-2012, 12:33 AM
if not for him i think we are not getting into playoffs this season. true mvp.

slipknottin
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM

If Phillips wasn't hurt and we didn't have the suspensions on Defense. You probably wouldnt know who Stevie was. Sooooo. Fewell is bringing the best out of this guy.

Oakland was also his rookie year. Yes he has played well under Fewell, but that's not to say that he didn't play well elsewhere, he did not have an opportunity to play much elsewhere. He had 160 snaps (roughly 3 full games) of playing time in Oakland his rookie year, and that was it as far as experience he had

greenca190
12-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Oakland was also his rookie year. Yes he has played well under Fewell, but that's not to say that he didn't play well elsewhere, he did not have an opportunity to play much elsewhere. He had 160 snaps (roughly 3 full games) of playing time in Oakland his rookie year, and that was it as far as experience he had

Whatever the case with the guy, he was still a fringe final 53 for the Giants roster. As much as I don't want Hard Knocks to be in the Giants locker room, I would have loved to see the discussions made about this guy leading up to final cuts. BOTH incredible foresight by our coaching staff, and incredible gamesmanship by Stevie. He's making the most out of his opportunity and is being used to his strengths on defense. Let's give praise to both his ability and our front office.

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 01:29 AM

No Love For Rolle?

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Brown has broken the Giants single-season record for interception return yards with 259 on seven interceptions.

+1

slipknottin
12-10-2012, 02:01 AM
No Love For Rolle?

Rolle is not a good safety. He's a versatile player so he can be used all over. But ask him to play deep in a cover 1 or cover 2 and he has no clue. That's why we see him up in the box so much. Good tackler. Physical.

jax5338
12-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Rolle is not a good safety. He's a versatile player so he can be used all over. But ask him to play deep in a cover 1 or cover 2 and he has no clue. That's why we see him up in the box so much. Good tackler. Physical.

Agree that Rolle is not a good safety but he is a big asset to this D. His style is more of a hybrid safety/linebacker IMO but he is good I'm run support and a good tackler with a nose for the ball. I don't trust him in coverage especially deep but he is definitely a big player on the defense.

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Agree that Rolle is not a good safety but he is a big asset to this D. His style is more of a hybrid safety/linebacker IMO but he is good I'm run support and a good tackler with a nose for the ball. I don't trust him in coverage especially deep but he is definitely a big player on the defense.

Agreed, you can see this in the big 67 yard play that we gave up. You see Rolle streeking across the screen, like 10 yards below the actual play lol..

GMan-67
12-10-2012, 05:24 AM
i dropped my keys the other day and out of nowhere, Stevie Brown picked them up and said here yo go man

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 05:28 AM
i dropped my keys the other day and out of nowhere, Stevie Brown picked them up and said here yo go man

Next thing you know he's going to be saving fans falling out of their seats like the unicorn..

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Amazing!

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
What's not to LIKE !

GO Giants !