PDA

View Full Version : I don't care what anyone says...

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
This was a great team effort. Not perfect, needs improvement, but everyone did what they had to do against a very good offense. No one gave up (on the field)

Buddy333
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Still a little worried about Eli though. That was not a great game by him.

btbrennan
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Agreed RF!

bbdynasty
This was a desperate team we just beat, and convincingly too. We have a good team, and if we keep it up, its sbLVII for us

RoanokeFan

I understand but he threw FOUR TD passes to four different receivers. It was enough to win a not so close game

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
agreed. they certainly came together today in every aspect of the game. we asked for a "perfect game" and almost got it!

we need to bottle it up for the next several weeks!

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
AND the running game SEEMS to have NEW life

Buddy333
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I understand but he threw FOUR TD passes to four different receivers. It was enough to win a not so close gameTrue. Not saying it was his worst game, but he was off. He also threw a couple that should have been intercepted. The turnovers and return game really helped them today.

miked1958
Still a little worried about Eli though. That was not a great game by him.4 TD passes is pretty good IMO. If you reserve yourself to slinging it around you take the chance of some picks. He had two and one went to the house. How ever I can live with it cause the plus s out weighed the minus s.

BigBlueAllDay
The team treated the Saints like the worst defense in the league that they are, 52 points minus 7 belonging to Wilson's kickoff return. That's how ya do it!

bbdynasty
it waas also pouring rain...

Ruttiger711
This was a great team effort. Not perfect, needs improvement, but everyone did what they had to do against a very good offense. No one gave up (on the field)RF - your positivity is greatly appreciated.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
12-09-2012, 09:18 PM
No it was as close to a perfect game as you can get with throwing a pick 6 another pick and missing a field goal.

Anyway you can tell that there's still A LOT of life left in this team after today's performance. Everyone thinks we're so down n out but this team was looking like the Champs today. We gotta stay loose and like coach said -- keep the electricity on the sideline. Keep your teammates up.

Roosevelt
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Granted Eli has not looked real good in over a month but the thing is, we all know what he's capable of.

As long as we win...

TheAnalyst
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
AND the running game SEEMS to have NEW lifeNot to argue with you, but we had a couple of good runs. Take away that 1 long one by Turbo at the end, and it doesn't.look that pretty.Also, Eli is forcing way too many balls deep. It's like he only wants TDs or INTs. That last one should of been picked in the endzone, while Bennett was uncovered underneath. David Wilson and Stevie Brown get the MVPs of the game imo. But that Jernigan return may have been the biggest one of all. Up only 8 with all the momentum going the Saints way.

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
the kick returns give us life it seems... gets the team pumped up

mike kennedy
12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
This was a great team effort. Not perfect, needs improvement, but everyone did what they had to do against a very good offense. No one gave up (on the field)
Special Teams. A complete reversal from last week.

BlueReign
12-09-2012, 09:21 PM
The addition of Wilson to this offense is eerily similar to the release of Bradshaw in '07.

Buddy333
12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Granted Eli has not looked real good in over a month but the thing is, we all know what he's capable of.As long as we win...Always happy with the win. Just might not have all those return yards and turnovers again next week. He needs to be a little sharper is all. Not his worst game.

Flip Empty
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
David Wilson won this game. 58yd return average makes it easy for the offense.

Diamondring
This was a great team effort. Not perfect, needs improvement, but everyone did what they had to do against a very good offense. No one gave up (on the field)You are so right.

GMAN2K9

Agreed. But I have a feeling will get it right when it counts... aka the next few weeks of the reg season and playoffs.

PS: I am afraid of no one in the NFC come playoff time if/when Giants get there... Falcons got owned by Carolina lol

nycisgreat
12-09-2012, 09:24 PM

Sure does! We didn't get a good enough pass rush throughout the game.

Buddy333
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
The Falcons will be a tough opponent next week. They are a good team that was beaten badly today and they are at home in their dome.

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM
yea its tough to beat the falcons in atlanta, but they've had a bunch of close calls. I think we can certainly come out with a W

Diamondring
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
The Falcons will be a tough opponent next week. They are a good team that was beaten badly today and they are at home in their dome.Yeah Giants have to play them tough. Giants should win if they do by a lot.

BigBlueAllDay
12-09-2012, 09:32 PM
The Falcons will be a tough opponent next week. They are a good team that was beaten badly today and they are at home in their dome.

They might lay low against the Giants, knowing that the Bucs and Lions are left on their schedule. They've wrapped up their division already and they just have to beat the Bucs and/or Lions for the No. 1 seed.

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:34 PM
they were exposed vs. the panthers td, we can take em

BlueReign
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm most worried about the Eagles in Week 17. I really think it all will come down to that.

Roosevelt
12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Always happy with the win. Just might not have all those return yards and turnovers again next week. He needs to be a little sharper is all. Not his worst game.

Exactly, but you know he can be sharper - which is all I'm saying.

G-Men Surg.
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I understand but he threw FOUR TD passes to four different receivers. It was enough to win a not so close game
Plus the weather conditions were brutal all day for the passing game. Taking that account it was a great game for Eli. And I will keep saying this for ever the best attribute Eli has is that he is freaking UNFLAPPABLE.

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Plus the weather conditions were brutal all day for the passing game. Taking that account it was a great game for Eli. And I will keep saying this for ever the best attribute Eli has is that he is freaking UNFLAPPABLE.

thats what i was trying to say, thanks

joemorrisforprez
12-09-2012, 09:40 PM

I agree 100%

It wasn't perfect, but it was a win against a QB that has absolutely owned the Giants over the last 4 games.

Forget their record......the Saints are one of the most dangerous teams in the NFL.......The Giants just beat a QB that is heading to Canton......I'll take that all day.

Buddy333
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Exactly, but you know he can be sharper - which is all I'm saying.Oh sure, he has done it before. Just seems like the past month or so he has been off with the exception of the Green Bay game. He wasn't horrible last week but a little off target. Now would be a great time to get in that mode where they finish the season strong heading into the post season hot.

G-Men Surg.
12-09-2012, 09:45 PM
thats what i was trying to say, thanks
You got it bro.

joemorrisforprez
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
The thing I love about the G-Men is that they are great on the road, and great indoors.

Eli, Cruz, Nicks, JPP, Osi on a fast surface.....that's usually a nice combo.

Throw in Wilson, and I'm feeling good about the Giants' chances next week.

DandyDon
12-09-2012, 09:55 PM

52 points... what the H*&( are you worried about?

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Not to argue with you, but we had a couple of good runs. Take away that 1 long one by Turbo at the end, and it doesn't.look that pretty.Also, Eli is forcing way too many balls deep. It's like he only wants TDs or INTs. That last one should of been picked in the endzone, while Bennett was uncovered underneath. David Wilson and Stevie Brown get the MVPs of the game imo. But that Jernigan return may have been the biggest one of all. Up only 8 with all the momentum going the Saints way.

And it could be argued that the running game would have been more of a factor is Wilson had started. PLEASE, not a knock against Bradshaw

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Am I right in saying we didn't have a dropped pass?

TheAnalyst
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM
And it could be argued that the running game would have been more of a factor is Wilson had started. PLEASE, not a knock against BradshawMaybe so. Bradshaw is fed not 100% but still gives 100% which I love. Nicks is the same. David Wilson showed me today he does have that flash of greatness in him. Great game all around.

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Once again, an injury creates a "next man up" success story.

DandyDon
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM

I agree. Great contributions from offense, defense, and big times special teams.

Loved to see the rook Wilson shine. We are deep.

Look forward to the playoffs!

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I agree. Great contributions from offense, defense, and big times special teams.

Loved to see the rook Wilson shine. We are deep.

Look forward to the playoffs!

if we get there..

giantyankee1976
12-09-2012, 11:06 PM

agree with Buddy33.

concerned about Eli, does he hate TE's now because of Shockey ?

definitely concerned about a Defense of crazed sheep. where the wolves at?

very happy for Wilson, good for him. AB44 looked sulky as hell on the sidelines but ...

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 07:43 AM
if we get there..

WHEN we get there!

stormblue
12-10-2012, 08:07 AM
i gotta say 'Noak , sometimes ..even i have to yield to your relentless optimism.
that was a real good game. very enjoyable.
and knowing what a company man you are ....just for you ...and just this once....
as much as it pains me....i will also give the coaching staff an 'atta-boy.

:cool:

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 09:00 AM
i gotta say 'Noak , sometimes ..even i have to yield to your relentless optimism.
that was a real good game. very enjoyable.
and knowing what a company man you are ....just for you ...and just this once....
as much as it pains me....i will also give the coaching staff an 'atta-boy.

:cool:

WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!!! :p