PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson needs to start

btbrennan
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
He is the spark we need. Play the kid

Flip Empty
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think he's ready for that. He's fine at #2, he just needs more carries.

No way the coaches can trot out excuses anymore. Wilson needs to get the ball.

ALLnygIN
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Wilson made his name known.. He proved tonight hes ready for a serious role as an NFL back, and he showed he can handle and then some.. great game for the kid.. Very exciting!

Ruttiger711
12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Starting rb won't be running back kicks (my assumption) - you want to give that up?

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:32 PM
split 'em 60 40

GMAN2K9
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Not yet. Keep him hungry as the #2 rest of the season. A motivated Wilson rest of the way could be a nightmare for the NFC

joemorrisforprez
12-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Nobody has ragged on Bradshaw more than I have.....but the fact is, if Bradshaw is healthy, he's a very versatile back.

But today, Bradshaw got banged up.....Wilson stepped in and lit it up.

Next week, if Bradshaw is still beat up, they should ride Wilson.

Personally, I'd love to see Gilbride get a few new ideas about working both of them onto the field at the same time.

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
a fresh, determined wilson vs run down defenses...ooooh boy things are gonna get good. im calling it now, end of the postseason wilson will have ppl going doug martinwho?
he did good in pass pro which was huge. NO blitzed us when he was in there on a few 3rd downs that we converted

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
bradshaw will wear down the defense, and then wilson will run right past them(or through them, he's tough too)

MikeyMike01
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
If Wilson gets anything less than 50% of the carries next week, it will be stupendous failure of coaching.

BigBlue1971
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Wilson wont start imo! Bradshaw hasnt lost his job if hes not injured!

Wilson will get a lot more playing time in the offense based on his performance today!

as an intergral part of the offense now i wonder if his kickoff return duties will be suspended?

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Wilson made his name known.. He proved tonight hes ready for a serious role as an NFL back, and he showed he can handle and then some.. great game for the kid.. Very exciting!

All true, but he missed at least one blocking assignment. That will come in time, but he has to keep working on his reads

YATittle1962
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
why does it matter who is in on the first snap?

after his performance tonight his role will surely increase

there are plenty carries to go around for David Wilson

slipknottin
12-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I happen to really enjoy Bradshaw running for 2 yards a carry.

steviebrownyo
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Bradshaw has been running well man. He ran for 100 last week... Using them both is the best option. split the carries about even, split the snaps 65-35 bradshaw

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM

+1

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-09-2012, 10:28 PM
All true, but he missed at least one blocking assignment. That will come in time, but he has to keep working on his reads

all pro's miss blocking assignments,,,this kid is the real deal and will get his chances,,especially after tonight.

TheAnalyst
12-09-2012, 10:28 PM
I would love it if Gilbride actually used a screen pass to the kid, but we all know that won't happen.

Cloud57
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Everyone could run against the saints but it seems bradshaw couldn't do anything.

GMAN2K9
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I would love it if Gilbride actually used a screen pass to the kid, but we all know that won't happen.

Barden thought the 15 yd play down the field was a screen pass. lol horrible!

RoanokeFan
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Everyone could run against the saints but it seems bradshaw couldn't do anything.

Another ray of sunshine

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 10:56 PM
People need to give Bradshaw a break...he's playing on two bad feet, missing practices, and got reinjured in that game. A healthy Bradshaw and Andre Brown would of ate that defense for lunch as well.

Lets no get carried away....it was an excellent game from Wilson, hopefully he is as consistent through the rest of the year and his career. And I still think Doug Martin is an excellent back as well...he is carrying the Bucs.

GiantRoc
12-10-2012, 03:39 AM

Agreed. I have been hoping for Wilson to get a shot for a while now. I don't care if he starts, I just want him getting at least 15 to 20 touches a game. He got 17 today. If he does half as well in the future, that's still a hell of a lot of offense.

M00KIE
12-10-2012, 04:00 AM
So...yeah...

Last week he was a waste of a draft pick, this week he should be our starter and bound for greatness....

You're all goofy as hell. I can't even read the crap here anymore. Adios.

BlueSanta
12-10-2012, 04:26 AM
We will know when the coaches have full confidence in his kid when he gets his 1st shotgun draw. Thats the big leagues.

TheShouldersOf
12-10-2012, 04:32 AM
Bradshaw missed 2 blocking assignments, and Manning said David's best play was picking up the 3 Safety Blitz,

Wilson deserves more playing time, he deserves some consistent series, and multiple plays, and not necessarily touches, just staying on the field to create a rhythm,

Bradshaw is hurt, and that is the facts, he should have gotten much more than 30 yards against the Saint's defense,

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:21 AM
I think they need to split them up....

TAILGATIN'
12-10-2012, 07:03 AM
So...yeah...

Last week he was a waste of a draft pick, this week he should be our starter and bound for greatness....

You're all goofy as hell. I can't even read the crap here anymore. Adios.

I couldnt have said it better.. absolutely amazing. Last week I was called a moron because I thought Wilson could really work out if given the oppurtunity. Some numbnuts even said Im prob waiting for Ron Dyne to break out too. Im not saying Wilson is a stud yet, but it amazes me how quick some "fans" are to trash a guy when as of last week only had 28 career carries. There are a lot of informative and friendly members here, but for every one of them, theres 3 idiots I wish would go join the Eagles forums.

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Starting rb won't be running back kicks (my assumption) - you want to give that up?

He's a big boy now, he can Do Both !

Never underestimate Wilson, He has proven himself !

GO Giants !

Mercury
12-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I couldnt have said it better.. absolutely amazing. Last week I was called a moron because I thought Wilson could really work out if given the oppurtunity. Some numbnuts even said Im prob waiting for Ron Dyne to break out too. Im not saying Wilson is a stud yet, but it amazes me how quick some "fans" are to trash a guy when as of last week only had 28 career carries. There are a lot of informative and friendly members here, but for every one of them, theres 3 idiots I wish would go join the Eagles forums.

Trolls come out of the woodwork after a Giants loss. Don't hold onto it.