PDA

View Full Version : Hey Eli... STOP telegraphing your throws! LOOK AROUND to see who's open first!!

sc_markt
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I like Eli but one of my beefs with him is that he has a tendency to 'telegraph' his throws by keeping his eyes and head in the direction of where he is going to throw the ball as soon as he gets the snap.

The TD late in the game looked to me to be one example of this. From what I saw, it looked as if a defender was moving in the area where Eli was looking which left I think Cruz wide open and then the ball was intercepted. Bennett was also open later on when Eli made a throw to Cruz in the end zone.

He needs to look around the field more to see who's open. And don't be afraid to pump-fake now and then more often...

There, I feel better. :)

Rudyy
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Agreed. He needs to go through all of his reads and not just one.

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I only say him telegraph his throws twice and on the one int.s Bennett was open he just threw it late...

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 08:58 PM
sometimes its hard to see guys over a tall o line. he might not have seen bennett on that 3rd down

primetime
12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
The pass to Cruz that got broken up was a questionable throw from the start. Cruz had double coverage with a linebacker underneath and corner on the top, maybe Eli thought the linebacker was going to flat out. Luckily the saint defender dropped the interception. As for Eli's decision making I would say he had a good game, some poor decisions. But it didn't deter from him still making plays down the field, those two throws to Hixon and Nicks were perfectly thrown balls. Like you said, I would like to see Eli use the pump fake more often.

TheAnalyst
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
A few bad throws and some real good throws. I would LOVE for Eli to use the pump fake. He started that a few years ago and it worked so well. DBs jump on his balls, unsercutting the WRs.

DandyDon
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
OP must be must be on drugs. Eli scores 52 points and you still *****.

Amazin what you gotta do to impress some peeps?

sc_markt
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
A few bad throws and some real good throws. I would LOVE for Eli to use the pump fake. He started that a few years ago and it worked so well. DBs jump on his balls, ...

...as do the cameramen.

sc_markt
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
OP must be must be on drugs. Eli scores 52 points and you still *****.

Amazin what you gotta do to impress some peeps?

Eli scored all those points? And all this time I had no clue he could run that fast when he ran that ball back for 95 yards.

And I'm not *****. Just pointing out a tendency of his that if he were to improve on, would make him all the much better.

I like Eli and am glad we got him.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I like Eli but one of my beefs with him is that he has a tendency to 'telegraph' his throws by keeping his eyes and head in the direction of where he is going to throw the ball as soon as he gets the snap.

The TD late in the game looked to me to be one example of this. From what I saw, it looked as if a defender was moving in the area where Eli was looking which left I think Cruz wide open and then the ball was intercepted. Bennett was also open later on when Eli made a throw to Cruz in the end zone.

He needs to look around the field more to see who's open. And don't be afraid to pump-fake now and then more often...

There, I feel better. :)

the guy threw 4 TD passes,,enough already...it's east to question Eli while sitting on your couch,,the guy has proven to be a winner and a champion,,I think I will leave my trust in eli and he sees on the field,,nobody is perfect all the time. go blue!!

Nolan24
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
i mean he threw a couple bad passes staring down recievers, but at the end of the day he threw 4 tds in a woodshedding. you can't really ask for much else from a qb

BMW
12-09-2012, 09:35 PM
OP must be must be on drugs. Eli scores 52 points and you still *****.Amazin what you gotta do to impress some peeps?Eli did not score 52 points, not even close.

Toadofsteel
12-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Eli is the last person you need to criticize...

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
How about Eli scoring a TD in the 2 minute drive to end the half and going down and scoring right away after they cut it to 8 to get it back to 15. Stop the complaining!

DandyDon
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Eli scored all those points? And all this time I had no clue he could run that fast when he ran that ball back for 95 yards.

And I'm not *****. Just pointing out a tendency of his that if he were to improve on, would make him all the much better.

Dude, he just destroyed Brees WTF else do you want? Jeeze....

Marvelousmik
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Eli is the last person you need to criticize...

lmao nice sig

Diamondring
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Eli did not score 52 points, not even close.Twentyeight points is close to me.

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Doesn't he get credit for helping on all offensive drives that end in points? Wouldn't that be 45 points for the offense?

P_Simms_#11
12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Even Buck and Aikman said the "is Eli elite" talk is ridiculous.

FlyingTruck
12-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Yeah Eli! Do as we who have never played professional football say! What's wrong with you?!

P_Simms_#11
12-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah Eli! Do as we who have never played professional football say! What's wrong with you?!

;)

GentleGiant
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM

The man has 2 rings. There is no getting better. The very idea that we're questioning a guy who outgunned Drew Brees just shows how much of crybabies we are.

28 points. Nuff said. Not to mention putting them in position for the FGS and rushing TDS. In case you didn't realize this sport is a team game. He gave them a TD before the half ended. The pick 6 was on Jernigan. Not Eli.

Your little "there I feel better" comment just tells me your on a rage and blowing off steam and don't actually believe half the crap your saying and probably tomorrow you'll regret your words cause if you take away those 28 points, the saints have a chance.

The Colonel
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Wow, I need to rewind the game and replay it for the third time. I didn't realize Eli played so poorly. In fact, like Aikman, I thought he played well in terrible conditions. How many throws (by both Eli and Brees) were affected by the grip on the ball? And some of Manning's throws were beautiful. And even Eli's 2nd INT was almost a perfect pass, just like the Brees INT down the middle of the field. Could those passes have arrived a second sooner in dry conditions? Who knows? Just wondering ...