PDA

View Full Version : Tony Dungy is a hater

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 10:54 PM
He just said Green Bay is the best team in the NFC. Did we not crush them a few weeks ago?

gumby74
12-09-2012, 10:55 PM
He just said Green Bay is the best team in the NFC. Did we not crush them a few weeks ago?
Yeah but he also said, "This (the giants) is the same team that lost to the Redskins last week." when Harrison said the Giants. Also true.

GMAN2K9
12-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Outside of a RGIII led Redskins team, I have ZERO fear against anyone in the NFC!

This includes the overrated, one dimensional Atlanta Falcons -- I hope we pack the defense we did vs SF and whoop dem dirty birds!

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Why do people care...Its Dungys opinion. Its not like the Giants are 13-0....we are 8-5 and a model for inconsistently.

P_Simms_#11
12-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Never cared for Dungy whether he likes the Giants or not. Peyton Manning was the real HC in Indy.

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 11:02 PM
There is no clear cut favorite in the NFC but when we play our best we are hard to beat...

Cool Papa B.
12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Outside of a RGIII led Redskins team, I have ZERO fear against anyone in the NFC!

This includes the overrated, one dimensional Atlanta Falcons -- I hope we pack the defense we did vs SF and whoop dem dirty birds!

Seattle with their defense and "RGIII-like" QB scares me. And the Bears scare me a little.

G-Men Surg.
With all due respect I don't care what Dungy says or thinks. I'm good about what the Giants did tonight and more important I do know what Big Blue is capable of accomplishing.

YATittle1962
....and we should care what Dungy says because ......?

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Why do people care...Its Dungys opinion. Its not like the Giants are 13-0....we are 8-5 and a model for inconsistently.Yeah we're 8-5 but with the history of how we turn up the pressure when we're facing a win or go home situation, you would think that we would get a little more respect than being worse than a team we recently beat down twice.

Tmurda1984
If Tony Dungy comment's is keeping you from sleeping at night, you are a very sensitive individual.

BigBlue1971
during the same segment Rodney Harrison said in his opinion the Giants were the team to beat in the nfc because of their experience!

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:07 PM
If Tony Dungy comment's is keeping you from sleeping at night, you are a very sensitive individual.You got some nerve Jerry Reese. Lol

giantsforce
12-09-2012, 11:08 PM

This includes the overrated, one dimensional Atlanta Falcons -- I hope we pack the defense we did vs SF and whoop dem dirty birds!The things that pisses me off the most is that we have the best team in the NFL but somehow we fail to show up on all sides of the filed on a consistent basis. I attribute this solely on coaching. You can blame execution but that is something that the coaching staff needs to correct. Dropped passes and blocking schemes can be taught and practiced. Also, coaching needs to make sure that the players give their best effort and take action when they are not.

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah we're 8-5 but with the history of how we turn up the pressure when we're facing a win or go home situation, you would think that we would get a little more respect than being worse than a team we recently beat down twice.

The Giants doesn't always show that killer instinct from week to week. At times they are lackadaisical, even in today's game they allowed the Saints to come within 8 points almost blowing another lead.

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
The Giants doesn't always show that killer instinct from week to week. At times they are lackadaisical, even in today's game they allowed the Saints to come within 8 points almost blowing another lead.Your point is.....they won the game 27-52 that is irrelevant. What did you think we were going to completely shut out Brees??

sharick88
12-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Talking about Tony dungy analysis is equivalent to journalists asking Allen iverson about practice

Rusty192
12-09-2012, 11:14 PM
Seattle with their defense and "RGIII-like" QB scares me. And the Bears scare me a little.The Seahawks could be a problem. The Bears are in free fall and aren't as much of a threat. Their offense line is historically bad and when their defense cant get TO's they are extremely beatable.

FBomb
12-09-2012, 11:18 PM
....and we should care what Dungy says because ......?

If you're not with us...you're against us. Duh!

BMW
12-09-2012, 11:22 PM
The best team is the one with the best record, which is the Falcons. Now when it comes to the team which has the best chance to win in the playoffs, that would be the Giants, that is if we can make the playoffs.

tomt
12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
There is no clear cut favorite in the NFC but when we play our best we are hard to beat...

Mike Lupica on ESPN radio after the Packers beatdown a couple of weeks ago said when the Giants are firing on all cylinders they are the best the NFL have to offer. I agree with that assessment.

tomt
12-09-2012, 11:27 PM

Have they beaten anyone important yet? Reminds me of the Pats last season. 13-3 regular season record with zero wins against winning clubs.

tomt
12-09-2012, 11:31 PM
The best team is the one with the best record, which is the Falcons. Now when it comes to the team which has the best chance to win in the playoffs, that would be the Giants, that is if we can make the playoffs.

Parcells used to say "you are what your record says you are".....but the Falcons aint all that. This season, yes, they're more than a dome team, but I don't think they've beaten anyone important yet.

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Never cared for Dungy whether he likes the Giants or not. Peyton Manning was the real HC in Indy.I wish I could agree with you but he's a great defensive minded coach. I wouldn't have been upset if he said Atlanta but Green Bay??? We crushed the Packers with ease... I don't understand his theory behind that assessment besides him just being a blind hater.

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Talking about Tony dungy analysis is equivalent to journalists asking Allen iverson about practiceLol

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Your point is.....they won the game 27-52 that is irrelevant. What did you think we were going to completely shut out Brees??

Im seriously believe you are having a reading comprehension problem. I was telling the guy that alot of the media do not give us alot of attention because we do not have that killer instinct...we allow teams to hang in there with us every single week. The Saints game was almost a disaster but we was able to hold on, which is a suprise for once. I DO REALIZE WE WON 52-27....we finally did not squander the lead.

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:35 PM
The Seahawks could be a problem. The Bears are in free fall and aren't as much of a threat. Their offense line is historically bad and when their defense cant get TO's they are extremely beatable.Yeah the Seahawks do look pretty damn strong but I'm not the one to be sold on a rookie beating an experienced team in the playoffs.

tomt
12-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I wish I could agree with you but he's a great defensive minded coach. I wouldn't have been upset if he said Atlanta but Green Bay??? We crushed the Packers with ease... I don't understand his theory behind that assessment besides him just being a blind hater.

Packers have weapons on offense led by a dynamic qb, but their D is very ordinary, very ordinary. If you can believe it, I read on GB sites that the fans there question Rodgers heart. Many of them think he doesn't like contact and shrinks in big games if he's getting knocked down. At least our guy is a tough SOB.

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Im seriously believe you are having a reading comprehension problem. I was telling the guy that alot of the media do not give us alot of attention because we do not have that killer instinct...we allow teams to hang in there with us every single week. The Saints game was almost a disaster but we was able to hold on, which is a suprise for once. I DO REALIZE WE WON 52-27....we finally did not squander the lead.Eli got a little confident out there staring down his receiver and doing an unnecessary pump fake which gave the Saints some momentum when they were ready to give up.

BurnerNYG
12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Packers have weapons on offense led by a dynamic qb, but their D is very ordinary, very ordinary. If you can believe it, I read on GB sites that the fans there question Rodgers heart. Many of them think he doesn't like contact and shrinks in big games if he's getting knocked down. At least our guy is a tough SOB.I noticed that .He seems a little like Tom Brady... he started curling up and going down when he just felt the pressure coming. It was times when he had time to complete a pass but he seemed rattled after we hit him a few times which forced him to start scrambling or throwing the ball early.

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Im seriously believe you are having a reading comprehension problem. I was telling the guy that alot of the media do not give us alot of attention because we do not have that killer instinct...we allow teams to hang in there with us every single week. The Saints game was almost a disaster but we was able to hold on, which is a suprise for once. I DO REALIZE WE WON 52-27....we finally did not squander the lead.but it wasn't...lol.

Sarcasman
12-10-2012, 12:00 AM

I have zero fear of any team in the league, and certainly not the Redskins. It's a parity league and the Giants are one of the better teams in it. As it is pretty much every year since Rozelle's parity plan was enacted, there are a handful of teams that are very good, top of the league in any given year....a handful of teams who suck, bottom of the league in any given year and then there's the whole rest of the league...decent to good teams all of whom are in the middle somewhere.

This year that looks like this:

Top:
Pats, Giants, Falcons, Texans, Broncos and you can throw the Packers and 49ers in there.

Bottom:
Cardinals, Chiefs, Jaguars,

That leaves everybody else. So really, there is no one to fear, If the Giants play well they can beat anyone. If they don't they lose to teams like the Bengals and the Redskins.

Sarcasman
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Seattle with their defense and "RGIII-like" QB scares me. And the Bears scare me a little.

The Bears will self destruct. The Shanahan's are going to be good for as long as Snyder doesn't butt in and eff it all up (and I'm hoping he does..the odds favor this) and Seattle is a college team led by a dim witted coach. They'll flame out sooner or later.

Manning
12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
OMG Tony Dungy didn't say we are best team in NFC. Half this message board was ready to look forward to 2013 season all of this week.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 12:31 AM
OMG Tony Dungy didn't say we are best team in NFC. Half this message board was ready to look forward to 2013 season all of this week.lol I know right who cares what Tony Dungy thinks...this will all be decided in 2 months...

BurnerNYG
12-10-2012, 12:32 AM
OMG Tony Dungy didn't say we are best team in NFC. Half this message board was ready to look forward to 2013 season all of this week.Not me! I'll admit, I felt some type of way after that Cincy game but I've been paying close attention to Washington this year so I knew they were dangerous... plus it was a division game. I didn't need for him to say we're the best but c'mon... Green Bay???

gmenfan0488
12-10-2012, 12:37 AM
our playoff chances are in serious jeopardy, I think we'll need to win out.

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Why do people care...Its Dungys opinion. Its not like the Giants are 13-0....we are 8-5 and a model for inconsistently.+1

greenca190
12-10-2012, 01:45 AM
I feel like Tony Dungy is what the human race is going to look like in 1,000 years. Just a complete mix of every race. And utterly disgusting.

greenca190
12-10-2012, 02:04 AM
+1

who is number 22 in your sig pic. it looks like it says "martin". which would be incredibly ironic..

Rodgers12
12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Maybe if we had all of our guys it would be close but right now the 49ers or the Giants are the best. Seattle is really getting hot as well.

BurnerNYG
12-10-2012, 02:10 AM
I feel like Tony Dungy is what the human race is going to look like in 1,000 years. Just a complete mix of every race. And utterly disgusting.Stop it lol. I didn't make this thread to start talking about race. Who cares really... only one color truly matters in this world and that's green. I just didn't realize he had something against our team until last night. You start talking about race again, I'm leaving this thread and I will not be returning. Have fun with that by yourself.

PRGiant
12-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Would you be happier if he said Atlanta?

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Dungy has been out of football too long, to say the Packers are the best team. They seem to be muddling through and looking like they did when they won the SB. No new thought there....

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
who is number 22 in your sig pic. it looks like it says "martin". which would be incredibly ironic..lol yea it is, it was from last year. And that is pretty ironic....up until last night a big portion of people would've said they wished that was Doug, and although the jury is still out, I think after last night more people are not sure about what they think about Wilson after all

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM

How do you pick GB over the 49ers (or the Giants for that matter)?

Wildly unbalanced team.