PDA

View Full Version : What impresses me the most about David Wilson......

jgiantfan
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
His power and ability to break tackles.

Remember the 8 or 9 yard run where he bounced outside and put his pads down and absolutely Rocked Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton. The 6''0 245 lb linebacker was shaken up and had to leave the game. Wilson possesses a rare combination of speed , agility and power. It's been a long time since I have seen a RB with the potential to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball. This kid has earned at least 10-15 touches a game in my opinion.

Tmurda1984
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Yea I like his Power as well. He's not very shifty and doesnt seem to shake a defender, and rather run over them. Its he hits a gap untouched...hes gone with that homerun speed. I still dont think he's very elusive...even in the special teams game....he was untouched through the lanes and used that homerun speed to outrun everyone.

Beelzeboss
12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
He played like a beast today. We all know he's fast and a great return man but like you said, today he showed people that he can break some tackles and power through the pile. I really hope they keep his touches up, it's been a while since we have had such a young exciting RB to watch.

GMAN2K9
12-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Wilson led the NCAA with the most yards AFTER contact last year.

He doesnt need to be ultra shifty but if he can bounce off easy tackles AND push first contacts, at the very least he'll be a first down machine for us

Moke
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
His power impresses me more than his speed as well. It's tough to find a speedy, tough RB.

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 10:11 PM
i see a ton of elusiveness but thats just me. i agree OP he has an amazing blend of talents. he is a great power runner bc of his strong leg drive.

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Yea I like his Power as well. He's not very shifty and doesnt seem to shake a defender, and rather run over them. Its he hits a gap untouched...hes gone with that homerun speed. I still dont think he's very elusive...even in the special teams game....he was untouched through the lanes and used that homerun speed to outrun everyone.not very elusive did you see the move he made on the defender on the last run he had. and all his kick returns?? looked pretty elusive to me...you should watch some of his college highlights. The kid is very elusive.

bbdynasty
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
i like that he fights for extra yards, and ends up with like 3 or 4 more

giantsforce
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
We can only imagine what he can do for us once he gets more reps and gets a real feel of the game. But knowing Coughlin, Wilson will get a back seat again to Bradshaw, unless AB is not able to go.

tomt
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
i like that he fights for extra yards, and ends up with like 3 or 4 more

It's great when a back can move the pile forward for an extra yard or two.

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
while martin is impressive, imho he hasnt displayed the measurables wilson displayed tonight. wilson flashed some of the game i think he has that can lead to him being THE best rb in the nfl, no joke his upside is that good. just an amazing blend of talents. way to go JR never waivered on this selection

jgiantfan
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=bbdynasty;612583]i like that he fights for extra yards, and ends up with like 3 or 4 more[/QUOTE Exactly. Not only can he do some damage on 1st or 2nd down , I think he can handle the 3rd down short yardage as well.

giantsfan420
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
wilson can get 4 ypc every time just with his explosiveness/quickness. we really could have something truly truly special, the speed of a jamaal charles, power of a Turner, elusiveness of a ray rice, and open field ability of a gayle sayers...and yes i am a wilson homer lol

Eliscruzzz
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
while martin is impressive, imho he hasnt displayed the measurables wilson displayed tonight. wilson flashed some of the game i think he has that can lead to him being THE best rb in the nfl, no joke his upside is that good. just an amazing blend of talents. way to go JR never waivered on this selection+1 And even though that one catch he had that didn't count, it just showed you his versatility and athleticism.. This kid is going to be what Sproles is for NO.

The Colonel
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
I wish we would give him more opportunities. I've heard that his pass blocking is not excellent, but he seems to be a threat to break a long run now and then.

Cloud57
12-09-2012, 10:41 PM
The only reason he played today was because brown was injured. he definitely needs to be the 1st or 2nd RB.

gmenfan0488
12-09-2012, 11:53 PM
I noticed he broke a few tackles as well, and the speed, obviously. Guy has the natural tools to get it done, hopefully he keeps it up

appodictic
12-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Crown him he is the next Andre brown.

Flip Empty
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
He showed all this in pre-season. It's just taken the whole season for him to get a chance to showcase himself in something meaningful.

FlyingTruck
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I've known that since we drafted him. I like his exceptional balance even more. He has a lot of skills, and when combined he's hard to bring down.

gmenfan0488
12-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I think he continues to rope off big games

BillTheGreek
12-10-2012, 12:15 AM
What impresses me the most about David Wilson (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?24699-What-impresses-me-the-most-about-David-Wilson....../page3)
^^^^^ EVERYTHING ^^^^^

Did you see him run, he could play in almost any position? The Guy is outstanding !

There’s always somebody saying Wilson can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate Wilson !

GO Giants !

joemorrisforprez
12-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Yea I like his Power as well. He's not very shifty and doesnt seem to shake a defender, and rather run over them. Its he hits a gap untouched...hes gone with that homerun speed. I still dont think he's very elusive...even in the special teams game....he was untouched through the lanes and used that homerun speed to outrun everyone.

He runs with a really low center of gravity and has good balance....I don't want to get ahead of myself, but he reminds me of MJD in that respect.