PDA

View Full Version : Can we show Cruz a little love?

I Bleed Blue
12-10-2012, 12:16 AM
He had a huge game today. If he would have dropped a pass, there would be several post about that. If Nicks can stay healthy, and Eli can calm down a bit, they can really start moving the chains on a consistent basis. It's the defense that frightens me. They flat out stink most times.

GiantWarfare
12-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I agree, Cruz was awesome today but I'm giving Nicks the shout out. This offense goes to another level when he's able to make plays.

Flip Empty
12-10-2012, 12:19 AM
It's the defense that frightens me. They flat out stink most times.
How many turnovers did they force again?

I Bleed Blue
12-10-2012, 12:22 AM
How many turnovers did they force again?

Your kidding yourself if you think this defense is playing well, Yes, they created turnovers today, but they cannot stop the run or the pass. It's going to be a problem unless they get things fixed. Come on man, you can't be that blind?

ny06
12-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Your kidding yourself if you think this defense is playing well, Yes, they created turnovers today, but they cannot stop the run or the pass. It's going to be a problem unless they get things fixed. Come on man, you can't be that blind?
I'm not condoning the play of our defense the past few weeks at all, or even the whole season. I think we also have to factor into the equation the opponents we're playing week in and week out. Just look at the schedule, other then maybe Clevelend the Giants have faced either a good passing offense, or a good rushing offense every week. But saying that I want more consistency from our d-line, the defense will only go as far as our defensive line will take us. The positive thing about our defense other then creating turnovers is they have shown what they are capable of when they're playing as a cohesive unit.

Harooni
12-10-2012, 12:58 AM
cruz is great its the FF players that get all on his case.

FlyingTruck
12-10-2012, 01:39 AM
How many turnovers did they force again?We've been forcing turnovers all season. We haven't been too bad in that department, but we still suck on defense big time. I want to start seeing more 3 and outs over turnovers.

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 01:41 AM
8 Catches 121 Yards 1 TD.

He had a great game.

joemorrisforprez
12-10-2012, 01:43 AM
He had a huge game today. If he would have dropped a pass, there would be several post about that. If Nicks can stay healthy, and Eli can calm down a bit, they can really start moving the chains on a consistent basis. It's the defense that frightens me. They flat out stink most times.

I think fans just expect that on a regular basis now.

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Didn't know you football players can't have bad days? lol

greenca190
12-10-2012, 02:01 AM
We've been forcing turnovers all season. We haven't been too bad in that department, but we still suck on defense big time. I want to start seeing more 3 and outs over turnovers.

Fewell's defensive schemes, for his entire career, have been predicated on winning the turnover battle. Here in upstate new york, Bills fans still wish they brought him on as head coach for that reason alone.

When you have an offense that is capable of putting up points like we are, some times all you need are a couple drive stops, and a couple of big plays on defense to pull out a win. Definitely frustrating at times, but it's been proven to work.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Fewell's defensive schemes, for his entire career, have been predicated on winning the turnover battle. Here in upstate new york, Bills fans still wish they brought him on as head coach for that reason alone.

When you have an offense that is capable of putting up points like we are, some times all you need are a couple drive stops, and a couple of big plays on defense to pull out a win. Definitely frustrating at times, but it's been proven to work.

The sad thing is we only went +1 in turnovers tonight... 2 ints apiece for both QBs, our plus 1 comes on that rolle FF recovered by linval...

The battle we really won was on special teams. Wilson's KR TD completely annihilated the momentum from that pick six before it could snowball out of control. His other runs on special teams set us up nicely with good field position much like turnovers would, and our own kick/punt coverage teams prevented the Saints ST from getting any good position.

greenca190
12-10-2012, 02:17 AM
The sad thing is we only went +1 in turnovers tonight... 2 ints apiece for both QBs, our plus 1 comes on that rolle FF recovered by linval...

The battle we really won was on special teams. Wilson's KR TD completely annihilated the momentum from that pick six before it could snowball out of control. His other runs on special teams set us up nicely with good field position much like turnovers would, and our own kick/punt coverage teams prevented the Saints ST from getting any good position.

Yeah, and we blew them out of the water tonight.

An even more sad thing was watching the Buffalo Bills a couple years back consistently get 2 - 3 turnovers a game and still finish in the basement of the AFC East.

Fortunately, we have a team here, and not a bunch of individual pieces. Fewell's schemes are just another cog in the system that Captain Coughlin directs. It has been working. Let's keep doing it.

dave56dj
12-10-2012, 03:58 AM
We've been forcing turnovers all season. We haven't been too bad in that department, but we still suck on defense big time. I want to start seeing more 3 and outs over turnovers.

No thanks I'll take the turnovers verse the three and outs any day - you know cause in one case we get the ball back and almost always with better field position if not 6.

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 04:06 AM
No thanks I'll take the turnovers verse the three and outs any day - you know cause in one case we get the ball back and almost always with better field position if not 6.

And a way bigger momentum swing!