PDA

View Full Version : Manning Mixes Two Interceptions With Four Touchdowns

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 07:52 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...qMO2XrzbZYqCCI (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/manning_mixes_two_picks_with_four_rgDWfZF3qMO2Xrzb ZYqCCI)

Excerpt: "Eli Manning was in the midst of a three-game stretch with no touchdown passes just a few weeks ago, a striking slump for the Giants’ star quarterback.

“It was a whole team slump,” guard Chris Snee said yesterday. “We had no confidence. It wasn’t just him.”

Manning has rebounded, continuing his rise yesterday with a career-high-tying four touchdown passes in the Giants’ 52-27 romp over the Saints at MetLife Stadium.

Manning was far from flawless. He threw two interceptions on bad balls, one of which was returned for a touchdown. But he completed 22 of 35 passes, threw for 259 yards, racked up a 99.6 rating and easily outplayed Drew Brees in lifting the Giants to a desperately needed victory in their NFC East title bid.

Manning now has thrown eight TDs in the past three weeks, following his three-game stretch when he had none.

“I think offensively, we continued to work and make sure that everybody is doing the right things,” Manning said of getting the passing game on track. “Making sure that our assignments, our techniques are perfect and getting back to practice and make sure that everything is sharp. Knowing exactly what we need to do to get open, the offensive line is protecting and we’re getting good down and distance and staying out of third-and-long situations.\

“I think guys are just stepping up and responding. Getting Hakeem [Nicks] back and running where he’s making plays, that’s obviously outstanding. Getting [Domenik] Hixon back into the mix, getting him healthy and Martellus [Bennett] has been playing well. All of those things make a big difference.” Read more...

giantscolombia
12-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks Ro.

That second INT was soo strange it seemed like the ball lagged in the air a little... MB was wide open once again. i think it might have been the weather? or maybe that pump?

RoanokeFan
12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks Ro.

That second INT was soo strange it seemed like the ball lagged in the air a little... MB was wide open once again. i think it might have been the weather? or maybe that pump?

I think Eli is still trying to make things happen when he shouldn't. But you can't take away an impressive 4 TD game when he found four different receivers for each one. As for Bennett being open, we tend to forget Eli has something like 3/4 seconds to survey the field and make the pin poitn throw.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I think Eli is still trying to make things happen when he shouldn't. But you can't take away an impressive 4 TD game when he found four different receivers for each one. As for Bennett being open, we tend to forget Eli has something like 3/4 seconds to survey the field and make the pin poitn throw.I didnt like how he played yesterday. He should of been picked off again in the endzone on the last fg drive. Forced the ball into double coverage when all they needed was a FG to make it a 3 score game. Plays like that piss me off. They get that pick then its a game again

53canton
12-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes too many ball off defenders hands that could have burned us.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks Ro.

he pumped to the same area he was throwing it to.....not a good idea.....

GameTime
12-10-2012, 09:55 AM
I didnt like how he played yesterday. He should of been picked off again in the endzone on the last fg drive. Forced the ball into double coverage when all they needed was a FG to make it a 3 score game. Plays like that piss me off. They get that pick then its a game again
agreed...he had no business throwing that fade into double coverage no less. Or at least throw it very deep so if anyone gets it the WR does....
A short fade throw there is bad....

giantscolombia
12-10-2012, 09:59 AM
he pumped to the same area he was throwing it to.....not a good idea.....

I agree, that probably bought the safety some time to start running towards Bennet... if he would have gunned it on the first look it would have been a completion...

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Good game by Eli. First INT was a horrible throw but the 2nd was really just under thrown. Weather might have played a part in the 2nd one..

giantscolombia
12-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I didnt like how he played yesterday. He should of been picked off again in the endzone on the last fg drive. Forced the ball into double coverage when all they needed was a FG to make it a 3 score game. Plays like that piss me off. They get that pick then its a game again

Just like Roanoke said it seems like he is trying to force balls. i'm not knocking him but some of those tipped passes should have been INTs.

I'm sure he will work on that. I guess thats why the Saints have a statistically bad D, maybe?

GameTime
12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Good game by Eli. First INT was a horrible throw but the 2nd was really just under thrown. Weather might have played a part in the 2nd one..

nah....he pumped to the same reciever he wanted to throw to. Normally a pump gets the D to go in a "different" direction. Bad circumstance there.

Mercury
12-10-2012, 10:05 AM
He made a few poor decisions today. It's great that we got the win and he was very instrumental in that with 4 TDs, but he really needs to eliminate these bone-headed mistakes.

Markroman
12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Too much complaining about Eli. Yeah, a couple of bad throws and a couple of questionable decisions. Every QB makes those in a game. Some get lucky, some don't. It happens.

He made enough plays to win which is all that matters. He also had some plays he made come back because of penalties.

It was a rain storm so some balls did not have the usually zip.

Put it this way...I saw many more positives than negatives from this team as a whole.

Mark

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
nah....he pumped to the same reciever he wanted to throw to. Normally a pump gets the D to go in a "different" direction. Bad circumstance there.

I agree with the pump not helping but he could of put that ball over the top a bit more..

Harooni
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
it is what it is its Eli. he takes risks. i thought the worst throw was the last one in the endzone it was a dropped int. but i was scratching my head on that throw.

look it all comes with the eli package. He makes those but also some brilliant ones im like damn how did he pull that one off.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Too much complaining about Eli. Yeah, a couple of bad throws and a couple of questionable decisions. Every QB makes those in a game. Some get lucky, some don't. It happens.

He made enough plays to win which is all that matters. He also had some plays he made come back because of penalties.

It was a rain storm so some balls did not have the usually zip.

Put it this way...I saw many more positives than negatives from this team as a whole.

Mark

yeah.. I hear you but even though I know thats what Eli gives you I still get annoyed.......:)

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 10:10 AM
it is what it is its Eli. he takes risks. i thought the worst throw was the last one in the endzone it was a dropped int. but i was scratching my head on that throw.

look it all comes with the eli package. He makes those but also some brilliant ones im like damn how did he pull that one off.

Yup you hit it, he is sort of a gun slinger and likes to take shots deep. He trusts his recievers and puts the ball up there for them to try and go get it. Sometimes it looks great and sometimes it leaves you thinking..

Markroman
12-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Trust me. Eli makes me annoyed at times but, then puts together a picture perfect drive like he did before the half which to me was the game changer.

No other QB in the league can overcome a bad throw as quickly as Eli and stay focused on his next series.

Harooni
12-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Yup you hit it, he is sort of a gun slinger and likes to take shots deep. He trusts his recievers and puts the ball up there for them to try and go get it. Sometimes it looks great and sometimes it leaves you thinking.. maybe we do over think it and critic him too much. it happens to them all.

EnragedYouth85
12-10-2012, 10:19 AM
maybe we do over think it and critic him too much. it happens to them all.

Eli is def criticed by us as fans way too much and def the media..

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 10:58 AM
The guy had 4td passes and people are going to sit here and critique his ever throw.....smh. Even though we lost the Washington game, to me Eli has been playing great. This is what you are going to get from the guy. He'll make some absolute amazing throws, and then he'll make throws that he shouldn't make. It happens to the best of them. When you got a vertical passing game like we do there's going to be some mistakes. I'd rather focus on the throws he did make. The throw to Nicks was amazing , he dropped it right in there. The throw to Cruz on the sideline, wow. The throw to Hixon in the endzone. Just a couple of weeks ago he was missing these throws now he's connecting. I feel that he's just starting to heat up for the stretch run.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
The guy had 4td passes and people are going to sit here and critique his ever throw.....smh. Even though we lost the Washington game, to me Eli has been playing great. This is what you are going to get from the guy. He'll make some absolute amazing throws, and then he'll make throws that he shouldn't make. It happens to the best of them. When you got a vertical passing game like we do there's going to be some mistakes. I'd rather focus on the throws he did make. The throw to Nicks was amazing , he dropped it right in there. The throw to Cruz on the sideline, wow. The throw to Hixon in the endzone. Just a couple of weeks ago he was missing these throws now he's connecting. I feel that he's just starting to heat up for the stretch run.
he made great throws but its his decisions that are questionable mostly not the throws....
A underthrown fade into double coverage?? Pump fake in the same direction you are throwing too??

I love Eli and i take the good with the bad but I wont not mention the bad stuff and only highlight the good..

TroyArcher
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Had Dixon running wide open down the sideline on the first pick but missed him. All in all a very good game by Eli.

Gmen 802
12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks Ro.

Yeah that play was just a bad decision, just happens. I don't think we would see that again, he'll look at that play again and realize he should have thrown it away or dumped it off and the next time they run it he will take what the D gives him or get rid of it, I'd think.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 11:23 AM
he made great throws but its his decisions that are questionable mostly not the throws....
A underthrown fade into double coverage?? Pump fake in the same direction you are throwing too??

I love Eli and i take the good with the bad but I wont not mention the bad stuff and only highlight the good..That's not my point. There are throws all quarterback shouldn't make every game. Romo had at least 10 throws yesterday that should have been picked off but in all he had a good day against a very stout defense.

Eli yesterday had a completion % of 62.7 that is almost 4% better then it has been when he was in his slump. I'm just saying he was even missing throws that he usually nails 90% of the time and now he's making them. I definitely acknowledged his bad throws, but I also know that he knows those are small mistakes that can be fixed. It would bother me more if he missed throws that he usually makes. If the defenders dropped those ball and weren't int. and Eli had 2 more td's would we still be critiquing his play??

Dline83
12-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I think Eli is still trying to make things happen when he shouldn't. But you can't take away an impressive 4 TD game when he found four different receivers for each one. As for Bennett being open, we tend to forget Eli has something like 3/4 seconds to survey the field and make the pin poitn throw.

I was happy with the game overall, I think there are still a number of things to work on, but like you said a 4 TD game to 4 different receivers is something that I would take every weekend, and Wilson playing like that! I do think that the weather and the allotted time had something to do with the bad throws, but some of them were just bad decisions, which also happens.

I thought the defense played well, and to be honest, going into the game I thought we would have a pretty easy time getting pressure on Brees and end up with a number of sacks, which didn’t happen, but we played a pretty good game anyway. I was really impressed with Brown, again, seems to be a very disciplined player. It kind of bugs me a bit when the announces say he is always at the right place, I think that he is putting himself in the correct position to make impact plays based on his responsibilities within the defense, don’t really think it just boils down to him being in the right spot at the right time on all of his turnovers. I also thought that we played extremely well in the redzone, we did give up some big plays, but I think that is bound to happen when you are playing an offense like the Saints and they get down big. I loved that we were able to answer when it looked like the Saints were going to try to rally back.

David Wilson was flat out amazing. Im hoping he just needed a game like this and some trust from the coaches/offense to really get going. He was still lacking in his pass protection, but he was really impressive every time he touched the ball, ran with some real power. I also love that he is so fresh at this point in the season and just hope he keeps playing well.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 11:53 AM
That's not my point. There are throws all quarterback shouldn't make every game. Romo had at least 10 throws yesterday that should have been picked off but in all he had a good day against a very stout defense.

Eli yesterday had a completion % of 62.7 that is almost 4% better then it has been when he was in his slump. I'm just saying he was even missing throws that he usually nails 90% of the time and now he's making them. I definitely acknowledged his bad throws, but I also know that he knows those are small mistakes that can be fixed. It would bother me more if he missed throws that he usually makes. If the defenders dropped those ball and weren't int. and Eli had 2 more td's would we still be critiquing his play??
easy Bro....I am a huge Eli fan......

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 11:55 AM
easy Bro....I am a huge Eli fan......not saying your not, just find it a little ridic. when the guy had a 4td performance....I don't think I was talking about you in the beginning but you felt the need to respond to me.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 11:56 AM
not saying your not, just find it a little ridic. when the guy had a 4td performance....

nah..not me. 4 TDs are great. Stupid picks arent. I didnt say he had a bad or mediocre day at all. He also almost had two other s picked...

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
nah..not me. 4 TDs are great. Stupid picks arent. I didnt say he had a bad or mediocre day at all. He also almost had two other s picked...I respect your opinion but I wasn't necessarily talking about you.... to me the whole team has stuff they can work on. No one is perfect. I mean even Aaron Rodgers has stuff he can work on, it's just part of the game and something that Eli could easily fix.