PDA

View Full Version : I fully expect a win against Atlanta

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 10:07 AM
The Falcs are a legitmate team, but they've also had an easy schedule. They beat the Broncos in the 2nd week of this year at home (before Peyton was in sync with his own offense and Denver has rattled 8 wins in a row), and the skins in DC (but that was before the skins were really gelling, IMO). Other than that, they've haven't played, let alone beat, anyone of notoriety. They've also beaten challenging teams like the boys and Bucs, but no Pats, no 49ers, no GB, no Bears, no Ravens, no Texans, no Seattle and then they play the Giants this week. This will be the 1st top notch team they've played in a loooonnng time.

The Falcs schedule is below. I'm looking forward to playing in the dome. We've got a fast track offense as well that should put up big #'s in Atlanta...

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME (ET) RESOURCES
1 Sun, Sep 9 @Kansas City W40-24 Box Score | Play-By-Play
2 Mon, Sep 17 vsDenver W27-21 Box Score | Play-By-Play
3 Sun, Sep 23 @San Diego W27-3 Box Score | Play-By-Play
4 Sun, Sep 30 vsCarolina W30-28 Box Score | Play-By-Play
5 Sun, Oct 7 @Washington W24-17 Box Score | Play-By-Play
6 Sun, Oct 14 vsOakland W23-20 Box Score | Play-By-Play
7 BYE WEEK
8 Sun, Oct 28 @Philadelphia W30-17 Box Score | Play-By-Play
9 Sun, Nov 4 vsDallas W19-13 Box Score | Play-By-Play
10 Sun, Nov 11 @New Orleans L31-27 Box Score | Play-By-Play
11 Sun, Nov 18 vsArizona W23-19 Box Score | Play-By-Play
12 Sun, Nov 25 @Tampa Bay W24-23 Box Score | Play-By-Play
13 Thu, Nov 29 vsNew Orleans W23-13 Box Score | Play-By-Play
14 Sun, Dec 9 @Carolina L30-20 Box Score | Play-By-Play
15 Sun, Dec 16 vsNew York 1:00 PM FOX 1,322 Tickets Available
16 Sat, Dec 22 @Detroit 8:30 PM 7,166 Tickets Available
17 Sun, Dec 30 vsTampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX 2,959 Tickets Available

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 10:10 AM
The problem is that the Giants are inconsistent themselves; they lose the games they should win and they dominate the ones they should lose.

Either way, they better pound Matty Lukewarm.

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I agree. I think that the Giants are the best team in the league when they want to be. Their A game will defeat any other team's A game.

I was more worried about the Saints than I am the Falcs (I was surprised we won yesterday). We've played well so far this year against the teams that we beat in last year's playoffs -- 2-0 against the 49ers (in SF) and GB (at MetLife). The Falcs are well rounded and sound, but the Giants just have a higher ceiling IMO.

Even though Atlanta is 11-2 and want revenge for last years embarrassing loss, I'd be surprised if the Giants lost this one.

giantscolombia
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
hahaha look at their wins dude!!!!

they are by 3 points or a touchdown...

if they had a powerful offense they would be blowing teams by 14-21 points.

i think we will win the game! knock on wood.

PETEY006
12-10-2012, 10:51 AM
this is ATL's revenge game for what happened last year in the playoffs
we're 2-0 against teams we faced in the playoffs last year. I'm expecting a win too tho it is hard to play in the Georgia Dome with all that noise

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 10:51 AM
They are 11-2 and 6-0 at home. The Giants better be ready. They are in playoff mode already.

GameTime
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
They are 11-2 and 6-0 at home. The Giants better be ready. They are in playoff mode already.
yep....I am sure Ryan will be putting the ball up at least 25 to 30 times.....

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
All games left are winnable games, but they are also losable. Who knows what team shows up each week. The Saints-Packers-49ers Giants? Or the Cincy-Philly-Wash Giants?

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
This would be a great game for Eli to get it together. Not saying he played is worst game yesterday, but he was off. Last week too. This would be a great game for him to have a complete game. No mistakes and accurate passes. It would also be a beat game for the pass rush to click.

jakegibbs
12-10-2012, 11:02 AM
All games left are winnable games, but they are also losable. Who knows what team shows up each week. The Saints-Packers-49ers Giants? Or the Cincy-Philly-Wash Giants?
+1 Only the "Shawdow" knows....hmmmm............

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 11:03 AM
This would be a great game for Eli to get it together. Not saying he played is worst game yesterday, but he was off. Last week too. This would be a great game for him to have a complete game. No mistakes and accurate passes. It would also be a beat game for the pass rush to click.

If anything, I want this team to play disciplined football.

Last two games, how many drives were stalled because of some boneheaded penalty?

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 11:04 AM

+1. I hate to sound like I'm not giving credit to other teams, but I feel like the Giants are the best team in the NFL are done in more by themselves than their opponents. I wouldn't be shocked by a loss, of course, because the Falcs are good, but I think that the Giants match up very well against them and are the better team.

Looking ahead to Baltimore, Baltimore's not a very impressive team either, stats wise. They're middle of the pack on passing yards, rushing yards (which I was surprised because they have Rice), as well as pass D and rush D. We SHOULD win out, but it depends on which team shows up. And also if we can keep injuries limited. Hopefully Phillips can come back, and that Nicks can continue to play.

Good to see J. Williams back on the field. Makes me feel more at ease. One of my new favorite players.

GIANTSED101
12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
If the Giants can stuff the run game like they did last year Matt Ryan will buckle. I'm just worried about Webby, hopefully he holds up against Rodey and Julio.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
It's all on the Giants to show up, not let up...

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
As of 12-9-12:

The Falcons have played the NFL's easiest schedule to date by far (.389). (Sando)

4th in Passing Offense - 282.9 Yards Per Game
16th in Opponents Passing Offense - 234.9 YPG
28th in Rushing Offense - 86.9 YPG
23rd in Opponents Rushing Offense - 127 YPG

8th in Points Per Game - 25.9
6th in Points Per Game Against - 19.9
8th in Yards Per Game - 376.2
20th in Yards Per Game Against - 361.9

20th in sacks - 28

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 11:15 AM
What is the Giants strength of schedule thus far?

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Still, they are 11-2 and 6-0 at home. This won't be easy.

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Still, they are 11-2 and 6-0 at home. This won't be easy.

SF is undefeated at home too... oh wait.

Parademon
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Great post JJC7301! I've been saying this about Atl since mid season when they were 8-0.

Their 11-2 record is a direct result of a very generous & soft schedule! And even with that soft schedule, asides from the 40-24 beating vs the mighty 2-10 Chiefs back on opening day and beating SD 27-3 & Philly 30-17, they have barely squeeked by some very bad to mediocre teams!

Beat Carolina 30-28
Beat Oak 23-20
Beat Dallas 19-13
Beat Az 23-19
Beat TB 24-23
Beat NO 23-13

What team have they beaten this yr that has made people go "Wow" the Falcons are an awesome SB contender! None IMO. If they had beaten Denver last week instead of in week 2, that statement could have been made.

IMO, this game vs the defending champs is their most important game in yrs. If they beat us & beat us soundly, this will be their statemnet game. This will make a believer out of all the skeptics such as me, that the Atl Falcons are the real deal & not just a product of their weak schedule.

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 11:25 AM
What is the Giants strength of schedule thus far?

We are tied for the 6th toughest schedule in the NFL for 2012, and had the 8th toughest remaining BEFORE the Saints game.

Redskins have the 24th toughest reamining (9th overall for 2012 season prior to this past weekend), Cowboys (10th) and Eagles (14th) have the 5th toughest in the NFL.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

GMAN2K9
12-10-2012, 11:38 AM
we're 2-0 against teams we faced in the playoffs last year. I'm expecting a win too tho it is hard to play in the Georgia Dome with all that noise

The 49ers wanted revenge too but we smoked them in their house in October

GMAN2K9
12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
As of 12-9-12:

The Falcons have played the NFL's easiest schedule to date by far (.389). (Sando)

4th in Passing Offense - 282.9 Yards Per Game
16th in Opponents Passing Offense - 234.9 YPG
28th in Rushing Offense - 86.9 YPG
23rd in Opponents Rushing Offense - 127 YPG

8th in Points Per Game - 25.9
6th in Points Per Game Against - 19.9
8th in Yards Per Game - 376.2
20th in Yards Per Game Against - 361.9

20th in sacks - 28

Wow. I knew they've had a cake walk and been unimpressive but those results with the weakest schedule is shocking.

Let's go Blue!

BigBlue1971
12-10-2012, 11:44 AM
after last years playoff wins vs the falcons, pack and 9ers i felt TC and the Giants were in all of their heads. that was further solidfied with wins already against the 9ers and pack!

the falcons are no difference! i think they are so hell-bent on avenging the playoff debacle last year that they will also go down at the hands of the G-Men!

besides the Road Warriors will again show the nfl world that in crunch time they are up to the task!

i expect the Giants to beat these guys with no problems at all! in fact the Giants may even stop them on another crucial 4th down!

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Great post JJC7301! I've been saying this about Atl since mid season when they were 8-0.

Their 11-2 record is a direct result of a very generous & soft schedule! And even with that soft schedule, asides from the 40-24 beating vs the mighty 2-10 Chiefs back on opening day and beating SD 27-3 & Philly 30-17, they have barely squeeked by some very bad to mediocre teams!

Beat Carolina 30-28
Beat Oak 23-20
Beat Dallas 19-13
Beat Az 23-19
Beat TB 24-23
Beat NO 23-13

What team have they beaten this yr that has made people go "Wow" the Falcons are an awesome SB contender! None IMO. If they had beaten Denver last week instead of in week 2, that statement could have been made.

IMO, this game vs the defending champs is their most important game in yrs. If they beat us & beat us soundly, this will be their statemnet game. This will make a believer out of all the skeptics such as me, that the Atl Falcons are the real deal & not just a product of their weak schedule.
I think that I remember your post, actually. I mean, we've got to give credit where it's due because our team has wins against garbage teams that are close that should have been blowouts, but we've got big wins, too, against good teams such as SF and GB. I can't say that about the Falcs.

I'd say that the Giants are more battled tested AND desperate than the Falcs are. Revenge factor or not, I expect the Falcs to lose this game. And I love the way that the 3-safety look has been playing. Should help with the Falc WR's, but let's hope that our pass D does its job last like last years playoffs.

AllHailEli
12-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Other teams would really want the Giants not to make the playoffs because they can beat anybody no matter how inconsistent they are in the regular season. The Giants' biggest problem is making it to the playoffs. Cowboys and Redskins, there's now way they're getting out of the second round of the playoffs if they're lucky enough to make it. Cowboys have to win 5 in a row, Redskins have to win 7 in a row if it all comes down to it to make it to the playoffs. And unfortunately for the Giants, they have to keep winning games to keep their lead and control their destiny. But it seems like it is way too early for the Giants to be in the playoff mindset. I guess it's possible to win all three games but I am not sure how deep in the playoffs they'll make it. It's pretty much asking them to win 4 in a row, and another 4 in a row. They're way too inconsistent to have that kind of winning streak or sustain that kind of momentum. You have to account for some letdown games somehow, but there's none to give right now. In any case, Giants have to beat the Falcons, and send them to a tailspin. Let's not give them confidence leading to the playoffs. :) Might as well beat the Ravens also, and send some serious statement game. I would hate to lose to the Eagles because that's probably not the letdown game we want, but I hope that game will not matter at all.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
I wouldn't fully expect anything from this team yet.

BigBlue wins
12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
But it seems like it is way too early for the Giants to be in the playoff mindset. I guess it's possible to win all three games but I am not sure how deep in the playoffs they'll make it. It's pretty much asking them to win 4 in a row, and another 4 in a row. They're way too inconsistent to have that kind of winning streak or sustain that kind of momentum. You have to account for some letdown games somehow, but there's none to give right now.

Don't you remember last year? THe giants showed us they're capable of everything, both good and bad! Let them play and let us fans enjoy the show :)

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't fully expect anything from this team yet.

Expect the unexpected.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
The Falcons are frauds, although they won the division they're gonna throw everything at us in hopes that we miss the playoffs and we don't play them again.

Eli TO Shockey
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
we're gonna smack them around the same way we did in the playoffs. they have no chance

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 02:04 PM
we're gonna smack them around the same way we did in the playoffs. they have no chancetheir defense is a little better than last year and i'm sure they are gonna run the no huddle against us.

AllHailEli
12-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Don't you remember last year? THe giants showed us they're capable of everything, both good and bad! Let them play and let us fans enjoy the show :)

Last year was quite unexpected and beyond my wildest dreams. But then again, they had to win 2 in a row and against, ya know, the Jets and the Cowboys to make the playoffs and be motivated by enough trash talk and disrespect to be hot for the rest of the playoffs. I hope we can sustain that this year, we have a taller order and hopefully we don't run out of gas just making the playoffs.

Parademon
12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Winninng back to back SBs & making it 3 in 6 yrs should be all the motivation this team needs! Coach's mantra since summer camp has been " Build the bridge"! If it takes another team trash talking us to motivate us to play better, than this team isn't worthy to even make the playoffs.

The 9ers/GB nor the Falcs want no part of us in the playoffs. They know we can beat them at their house or ours, don't matter. Falcs lose to us & should we win out & finish tied with them at 11 wins, & if GB or SF don't get to 12 wins, we could get the # 1 seed cuz we woulda beat them all in the regular season! Or at least # 2 seed if either SF/GB finish with 12 wins.

So winning out is extremely paramount for the Giants as it could land them as a top 2 seed with a week off to lick their wounds & host a 2nd rd game. I know all about our success in playing 3 playoffs game but I reaaly believe that 2 weeks off would best benifit our banged up players & have us come out metally & physically rejuvinated like we did vs GB following our bye week.

Our D gave up 20 to NO as 7 came off a pick 6. Sure we give up alot of yds, but this yr our D has been a bend but don't break type D. Also, 20 ppg is our season avg. But we are scoring 28 ppg so we can afford to keep giving up that avg. I would prefer that starting next week, we start giving up less than 20ppg for the rest of the yr like we did in the last 2 reg season games & 4 playoff games last yr, when we had an avg per game score of 28-14.

I was over at the Cowboys board & they swear up & down that Atl is gonna demolish us & we have no chance cuz it's in the 'Dome"! I just laughed & reminded them that playing in high pressure games on the rd is no biggie for us. If anything, Atl is the one that's gonna be playing with pressure cuz they have to prove they are a legit SB contender & not a pretender.

AllHailEli
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Winninng back to back SBs & making it 3 in 6 yrs should be all the motivation this team needs! Coach's mantra since summer camp has been " Build the bridge"! If it takes another team trash talking us to motivate us to play better, than this team isn't worthy to even make the playoffs.

The 9ers/GB nor the Falcs want no part of us in the playoffs. They know we can beat them at their house or ours, don't matter. Falcs lose to us & should we win out & finish tied with them at 11 wins, & if GB or SF don't get to 12 wins, we could get the # 1 seed cuz we woulda beat them all in the regular season! Or at least # 2 seed if either SF/GB finish with 12 wins.

So winning out is extremely paramount for the Giants as it could land them as a top 2 seed with a week off to lick their wounds & host a 2nd rd game. I know all about our success in playing 3 playoffs game but I reaaly believe that 2 weeks off would best benifit our banged up players & have us come out metally & physically rejuvinated like we did vs GB following our bye week.

Our D gave up 20 to NO as 7 came off a pick 6. Sure we give up alot of yds, but this yr our D has been a bend but don't break type D. Also, 20 ppg is our season avg. But we are scoring 28 ppg so we can afford to keep giving up that avg. I would prefer that starting next week, we start giving up less than 20ppg for the rest of the yr like we did in the last 2 reg season games & 4 playoff games last yr, when we had an avg per game score of 28-14.

I was over at the Cowboys board & they swear up & down that Atl is gonna demolish us & we have no chance cuz it's in the 'Dome"! I just laughed & reminded them that playing in high pressure games on the rd is no biggie for us. If anything, Atl is the one that's gonna be playing with pressure cuz they have to prove they are a legit SB contender & not a pretender.

Yeah, Giants need to learn to play and win without pressure. They don't seem to handle success well. I don't know why something has to be a do or die situation to get them motivated. We need the Giants who played against the Niners and the Packers to show up the rest of the season. BTW, the Cowboys message board also swore up and down they'd give the Falcons their first loss, so they're mostly all talk but no substance. They're not also looking to make the playoffs through the wildcard, they're aiming for the division because they think they could beat RG3 in DC. YEAH, RIGHT! I think it actually works for us that we're playing tougher teams, since we tend to show up for those. I'll try not to think what will happen in the playoffs, and just focus in winning the division first.

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Other teams would really want the Giants not to make the playoffs because they can beat anybody no matter how inconsistent they are in the regular season.
+1. NO team wants a piece of the Giants in the playoffs. The only teams may be the 'skins and Seahawks who are young and feeling pumped and almost like nothing to lose because they've been irrelevant for so long. If I were them, I'd want to the Giants to gauge how good your team really is.

As for the teams that have been in the playoffs and everyone actually expects something of them (i.e. 49ers, GB, Atl), those teams want nothing to do with the Giants.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I may sound crazy here but I would love another crack at Washington in the 1st round and ruin their season.

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
their defense is a little better than last year and i'm sure they are gonna run the no huddle against us.
We should run the no huddle against them. Eli's excellent at the no huddle/two minute offense.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
The Falcs are a legitmate team, but they've also had an easy schedule. They beat the Broncos in the 2nd week of this year at home (before Peyton was in sync with his own offense and Denver has rattled 8 wins in a row), and the skins in DC (but that was before the skins were really gelling, IMO). Other than that, they've haven't played, let alone beat, anyone of notoriety. They've also beaten challenging teams like the boys and Bucs, but no Pats, no 49ers, no GB, no Bears, no Ravens, no Texans, no Seattle and then they play the Giants this week. This will be the 1st top notch team they've played in a loooonnng time.

The Falcs schedule is below. I'm looking forward to playing in the dome. We've got a fast track offense as well that should put up big #'s in Atlanta...

7 BYE WEEK

the giants are going to go to atlanta and smash the falcons,,,,,I can feel it.

Lemay93
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Honestly for the people saying were gonna win out, shut up. 1 Game at a time. 100% focus on ATL, they have Eli's worst nightmare on the other side this year in asante samuel. Im hoping his shoulder injury keeps him from playing but who knows. We everyone to step up this week especially with the health of bradshaw and prince. Both players are key to our success..

Toadofsteel
12-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I may sound crazy here but I would love another crack at Washington in the 1st round and ruin their season.

Same here. It wouldn't be complete without that...

Antwuan
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM

7 BYE WEEK

Broncos & Giants are the only Elite teams on this schedule. Hopefully the Giants win on Sunday.

Parademon
12-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Actually, if we win the NFCE, I wouldn't mind seeing Wash/Dallas in the WC rd at home. Would love to send them home 1 & done!

AllHailEli
12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Actually, if we win the NFCE, I wouldn't mind seeing Wash/Dallas in the WC rd at home. Would love to send them home 1 & done!

Be careful what you wish for. :) We have more to lose than them. I bet they will gladly return the favor.

GMan-67
12-10-2012, 07:16 PM
i just wish they weren't coming off a bad loss to Carolina

the NFL is such a bounce back league

add to that the revenge factor, we embarrassed them in the playoffs

having said that, we are the better team, but they have found a knack for pulling games out even when they don't play well

huge game, go G-Men !!!!

Ramairgt1
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Is anyone on here going to the game? I'll be sitting in section 138 (30 yard line), 5 rows up, behind the giants bench

Dirty Bird
12-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Giants should no have problem beating the Falcons. Matt Ryan will bring the vaseline in preparation for the pounding he is about to take. I only hope our offense can muster up some points this time. Rise Up!

ryan12
12-11-2012, 09:37 AM
yep....I am sure Ryan will be putting the ball up at least 25 to 30 times.....

giants back's are against the wall and we always play well exp against good team when our backs are against the wall giants win and they win big

Parademon
12-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Maybe so, but I'd still love to not only win the NFCE again, but then if one of them got in as the WC, & face us the following week at Met life, we would tear them up! We ratchet it up another level come playoff time.

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Just make the playoffs -- I don't care who we play.

rEaS
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
sf also had their 'revenge game' and it fell to crap.. we need to win and hopefully distance ourselves.. we need to get to that eagles game with the division all wrapped up..

dillyyo1972
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
The Falcons themselves aren't as much of the problem as the likely loss of Prince being anywhere near full speed and the front four keeping trend and not being very effective. If they can't get pressure on Matt Ryan then the likelihood that Hosley gets smoked for several big plays is high. At that point it will be up to the offense to win a shoot out.

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
sf also had their 'revenge game' and it fell to crap.. we need to win and hopefully distance ourselves.. we need to get to that eagles game with the division all wrapped up..
The Giants would be best off if they went into that Eagles game having to win and then to keep momentum into the playoffs. They lay eggs after having things "wrapped up."

I couldn't stand, back in '08, giving that Vikings game away (last game of the year) when we had the # 1 seed wrapped up. Took the starters out in the 2nd half, lost the game, had a buy, and then got trounced by the Eagles.

No rest for this team is what is best for it.

WiIdcat
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM

What happened to the 49ers revenge game? or Green Bay's revenge game? Expecting another blow out Sunday.

ryan12
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
What happened to the 49ers revenge game? or Green Bay's revenge game? Expecting another blow out Sunday.

great point

jerseytom
12-11-2012, 02:44 PM
With RG-3 hurting and the distractions in Dallas,If we can get to the Philthy game with the Div wraped up already,I would rest everyone for a fresh playoff push,Opinions?

Gmen2005
12-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm incredibly worried about Julio Jones and Roddy White. I think we can contain their ground game because it really isn't strong. If we cannot get to Ryan, he will pick the secondary apart.

primetime
12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
The next three games are playoff games in my opinion. We can't hope that the Redskins & Cowboys will lose the next two. Just keep winning and we punch a ticket into the playoffs. This team plays their best ball when everything is on the line.

giantsfan420
12-11-2012, 02:55 PM
they def havent been winning handily vs inferior opponents, but neither have we. that said, I think we should dominate them. they still have the same issues from last year when we killed them; no pass rush really, and ryan will force passes that arent there and gets timid vs an inspired d
then u gotta consider that theyve already clinched homefield with the 2 or 1 seed virtually. they just need 1 more win to get 2nd seed imo. but they will also know theyll play us in the playoffs most likely and wont want to show us their full arsenal.dont think they'll be able to match intensity and physicality wit us

Parademon
12-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Well, why would we show them our full arsenal of tricks if we're gonna meet in the playoffs? Atl is gonna give us their all cuz they have to prove that their 11-2 record is not due to their soft schedule & that their 24-2 beatdown at our hands last yr in the WC game was a fluke. As long as we bring our A game, it'll be more than enough to trump their A game in spades!

BillTheGreek
12-12-2012, 01:25 AM
I agree. I think that the Giants are the best team in the league when they want to be. Their A game will defeat any other team's A game.

I was more worried about the Saints than I am the Falcs (I was surprised we won yesterday). We've played well so far this year against the teams that we beat in last year's playoffs -- 2-0 against the 49ers (in SF) and GB (at MetLife). The Falcs are well rounded and sound, but the Giants just have a higher ceiling IMO.

Even though Atlanta is 11-2 and want revenge for last years embarrassing loss, I'd be surprised if the Giants lost this one.

True +1 ^^

It all depends which Giants show up !.........Lets hope it's the one that beat, SF, GB & NO...........
no time for mistakes.

BlueBlitzer
12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
No just win the division outright, and send the rest home. Those in our division having to watch us in the playoffs would be sweet for us.

miked1958
12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
this is ATL's revenge game for what happened last year in the playoffswe're 2-0 against teams we faced in the playoffs last year. I'm expecting a win too tho it is hard to play in the Georgia Dome with all that noisewell we went to SF and we all know they had that game circled since schedule came out. It was a beat down worse then the 26-3 score even indicated. Then GB even though they were coming to our house fully believed they were far superior to us and expected to blow us out. Didn't happen as we dominated them for second game in a row. Now the falcons have revenge on their minds..... Giants 33 falcons 21

miked1958
12-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Hey do you guys think this game should have been flexed?

miked1958
12-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Or is it because we're only allowed so many late games and giants hit the limit. Or is it just prime time games you're only allowed so many

miked1958
12-12-2012, 03:12 AM
4 pm games stink IMO

miked1958
12-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Well hopefully we get a win while the browns slow down the skins. Then we can sit back and cheer on Big Benn

Captain Chaos
12-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Teams are scoring against the Falcons so that is the good thing, the issue will the G'men be able to stop their O....

Parademon
12-12-2012, 09:56 AM
We have a better run game than they do, period! Let's face it, Atl has no run game & is not gonna beat us by running the ball, Ryan is gonna air it out & they are gonna try & beat us thru the air. If ever the pass rush needs to come alive, it has to be in this game. getting intense pressure & hits on Ryan is gonna be paramount!

miked1958
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
I live down in lower alabama near the florida border. saints country. anyway i was hoping they would flex this game so i would be able to see it. I will be stuck with coverage of the Saints and TB.

I have RedZone but its just not the same as watching everyplay. I guess i could go to a sports bar where all the other fans watching that game will be Falcons fans. Thats the other team of choice down here.

JimC
12-12-2012, 05:13 PM

We better be in PLAY OFF mode too. We need to win out. Tough road, but we can do it.

Tucke
12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
when you get beat by eagles ............

.you have no business talking about expectations.

Rusty192
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
when you get beat by eagles ............

.you have no business talking about expectations.Don't love saying this, but NE looks pretty damn good right now. The only threat I see for you guys is Denver. And even they aren't that good. but then again the Ravens have had your number as of late, although Flacco has a history of choking. You'll prob cruise to the SB amid the weak AFC.

Only to blow it against some superior NFC team again. ;)

Tucke
12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Actually peyton is finally impressing me at this point in his career. I am not overly confident with denver. I really don't want to face seahawks...

Rusty192
12-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Actually peyton is finally impressing me at this point in his career. I am not overly confident with denver. You still crushed them this season. If both teams meet, I don't see why it wont happen again.

Cloud57
12-12-2012, 07:08 PM
This game could end up just the the Bengals game

Rusty192
12-12-2012, 07:10 PM
This game could end up just the the Bengals gameExcept we can sort of run the ball now.

Tucke
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
It won't be like bengals. you now have a deadly threat in that sprinting dude Wilson. First off he is the coolest kick returner i have ever seen. Dude can either set up the offense in extremely good position like easily into the 40's or midfield or close to it or score a freaking TD. Also once he sets you up you can still us him to run the ball........which means if one tackle missess....that is like a fast td in 20 seconds or something.

I swear if the giants settle for field goals now ........then somebody should drop kick your oc.

Now that i think about it ...i want the giants to do well and make it ti the SB.so wrongs can be avenged.

The OC better stop going for field goals. it annoys me because i seed like 3 to 4 td's with the pats .

Tucke
12-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I think you guys are good as long as "Black Jesus" doesn't show up:p

tomt
12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
The inconsistency of Gmen play is what worries me heading into this game. Falcons definitely don't scare me, they have yet to play a big time team. To recap the highlights of the current season, on their mission to prove last January was no fluke, the Gmen beatdown the niners, pack and saints. Only Atlanta remains and if they win vs. Falcons, then last year's SB will be confirmed without a doubt. Members of this community don't need confirmation, but fans around league express Gmen doubt.

Gmen firing on all cylinders is the best the NFL have. Here's hoping they show Atlanta this Sun that the beatdown in January, probably the last big game Falcons played, was indeed no fluke.

Drez
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Or is it because we're only allowed so many late games and giants hit the limit. Or is it just prime time games you're only allowed so many
There is a limit, but I think we were one under it. I suppose there is still a chance that the Philly game can get flexed if it looks like we need that game to win the division, but I wouldn't cross my fingers on that account.

JJC7301
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
We have a better run game than they do, period! Let's face it, Atl has no run game & is not gonna beat us by running the ball, Ryan is gonna air it out & they are gonna try & beat us thru the air. If ever the pass rush needs to come alive, it has to be in this game. getting intense pressure & hits on Ryan is gonna be paramount!
Our run game is not great. AB is injured and was only so-so this year, and Wilson had a great game last week, but it's only 1 game.

The D needs, absolutely NEEDS, to do it's thing this weekend. One more playoff run before Osi and (probably) Tuck are gone after this year.

rtr1105
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
From here on out it's bird hunting season (ATL, BAL, PHI). We could definitely take the Falcons. We should be able to stop their run up the middle. That's where we'll see Turner run most of the time. And he's having a down year and I'm confident in our ability to stop it. But when they bring in the speedy Jacquizz Rodgers, that what worries me. We had a tough time catching up to Sproles last week once he got to the outside. When they bring in Rodgers, we need to contain the outside run. The passing game is their biggest weapon. We need to play good coverage and Stevie needs to do some ballhawking. Offensively, we need to spread the ball around. They have some pretty good pass defending safeties in Moore and DeCoud, plus good corners in Samuel and Robinson.

gmen0820
12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
They're 11-2 and we don't see them as good as their record indicates they are. If we were in the Falcons shoes, I guarantee 85% of this board would be butt hurt about a lack of respect.

Buddy333
12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
This is a playoff game. They all are now. The Giants should have taken care of business when they had the chance. They can not rely on what other teams are doing. Say what you will about the Falcons but they are 11-2, 6-0 this year at home, and want revenge. Not only that, but every team on their schedule is going to be trying to spoil their post season chances because they too know the Giants situation.

Parademon
12-13-2012, 01:10 AM
They're 11-2 and we don't see them as good as their record indicates they are. If we were in the Falcons shoes, I guarantee 85% of this board would be butt hurt about a lack of respect.

Wrong! If we had the P^%$ schedule that Atl has had this yr, I'd be the 1st to tell you we would be 1 & done in the playoffs when we finally ran into real contenders! Atl has won 7 games vs below avg to just plain bad teams by 7 or less points! They routed KC/Phillly/SD, all bad teams this yr. Denver has been their only win this yr vs a current playoff contender & that was way back in week 2 when Peyton was still rusty from being out a yr & not yet in sync with his O.

I'm not saying Atl is a bad team, no they are very good, but their weak *** schedule has had alot to do with their 11-2 record. If they had been steamrolling opponents all yr like NE did in 07' , then I'd be more worried about them. GB & SF alone are tougher & better than Atl & would beat every team they have played this yr with possibly Denver having a chance to beat them & we steamrolled GB/SF already!

DarkSaint
12-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Isn't this the same team we shut out last year? IIRC they didn't have a 1st rounder this year, but did sign Asante Samuels . Hopefully Eli can throw some pump fakes and get him to jump allowing our wr to get open deep.

giantsfan420
12-13-2012, 02:15 AM
elis been very good historically in Atl in their dome. iirc he has his 1rst 4 td game there...we may need him to be lights out if the game turns into a shootout. but i am confident our d can contain that offense. make them one dimensional, let brown ballhawk, and the DL to get home.

and i disagree buddy about it being a must win. imho we can lose 1 of the 3 but i prefer to win all of course. dallas isnt making it out of their remaining schedule w/o a loss, and neither is washington. 10 wins the division or at least gets us a WC as WC tie breakers are diff iirc and we've been excellent out of our div

gmen0820
12-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Wrong! If we had the P^%$ schedule that Atl has had this yr, I'd be the 1st to tell you we would be 1 & done in the playoffs when we finally ran into real contenders! ....and you'd be verbally assaulted by 85% of the posters.

GameTime
12-13-2012, 01:11 PM
doesnt matter what their record is. If the Giants we playing the Jags they would still need a win. The Giants need to win this game....

Kruunch
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
doesnt matter what their record is. If the Giants we playing the Jags they would still need a win. The Giants need to win this game....

+1

Parademon
12-13-2012, 11:30 PM
....and you'd be verbally assaulted by 85% of the posters.

Nah, more like 50%. I like to think that although we do have our share of homers on this board, that there are also a ton of knowledgable football fans that would be realistic enough to know that if we had the soft schedule the Falcons have had this yr, we'd be worried once we got to the playoffs & had to play real contenders.

I mean, it seems like every yr we get GB/SF on our schedule! Throw in our 3 division rivals 2x a yr & it's a wonder we can win 8 games a yr.
NO & Car beat the Falcs, 2 teams we smashed this yr!

Rodgers12
12-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I predict Giants 31 Falcons 17.

Parademon
12-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Your cool Rogers12...but we're still gonna smash your Packers in the playoffs again.

Rodgers12
12-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Your cool Rogers12...but we're still gonna smash your Packers in the playoffs again.
I hope not. I have alot more faith in beating SF and Atlanta then you guys. Hopefully we dont have to play you in the postseason.

Diamondring
12-14-2012, 12:03 AM
It is all about the matchups. Giants also had injuries to some players like Nicks. This messed up things some. Some commentators or one that I know of said the offense is totaly different when Nicks is not playing healthy. That is true and it saids a lot.

gmen0820
12-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Nah, more like 50%. I like to think that although we do have our share of homers on this board, that there are also a ton of knowledgable football fans that would be realistic enough to know that if we had the soft schedule the Falcons have had this yr, we'd be worried once we got to the playoffs & had to play real contenders.I mean, it seems like every yr we get GB/SF on our schedule! Throw in our 3 division rivals 2x a yr & it's a wonder we can win 8 games a yr.NO & Car beat the Falcs, 2 teams we smashed this yr!Fifty percent, that's very wishful thinking. Oh, and Atlanta also smashed the Eagles, a team we lost too. They also beat the Cowboys, a team we lost to. They also beat the Redskins, a team we lost to. I don't see your point. They beat teams we lost to, and the reverse is also true.

BillTheGreek
12-14-2012, 01:46 AM
This is a playoff game. They all are now. The Giants should have taken care of business when they had the chance. They can not rely on what other teams are doing. Say what you will about the Falcons but they are 11-2, 6-0 this year at home, and want revenge. Not only that, but every team on their schedule is going to be trying to spoil their post season chances because they too know the Giants situation.

^^^ True
" The Giants should have taken care of business when they had the chance ".

^ ^ I Kept saying this also.........Then other Posters all kept saying it's OK, This is the way the Giants Like to play, with their back to the wall.....They Like being the under dog ! Now Look @ the Mess they got them selves into .

BMW
12-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Can't afford to lose a game, Giants should of never been in this mess though.

miked1958
12-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Giants should no have problem beating the Falcons. Matt Ryan will bring the vaseline in preparation for the pounding he is about to take. I only hope our offense can muster up some points this time. Rise Up!guess you were wrong. Wiped the floor with the giants in all 3 phases. Congrats! Now go out and try and win a game that really matters like a playoff game... I think your safe as far as the giants coming back to haunt you in playoffs. But everyone knows (especially falcons fans) that Atlanta has played this same tune in the past. Have a dominating regular season and choke in playoffs.. Piling up wins in reg season means nothing.

Go ask the 07 number 1 seed 13-3 Dallas cowboys who were knocked out in first round by NY.

Go ask the 07 unbeaten 18-0 Patriots about what happened in the SB that hear

Go ask the 2011 GB Packers that went 15-1 and were blownout in their first playoff game by the giants.

There are many many more examples

egyptian420
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM
lmao oh God.....just what on God's green earth were you thinking...this team is INCONSISTENT, you can't expect ####