PDA

View Full Version : If our defense can simply elevate itself to mediocre............

jomo
12-23-2011, 03:57 PM
..........we will win this game with relative ease, something like 24-13

jakegibbs
12-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Have they shown you anything lately to get the IF out of your statement?

They need to get KIWI back on the D line. Move Tuck to tackle.

JPP, Canty, Tuck, KIWI & stunt & that spells SACK.

jomo
12-23-2011, 04:04 PM
..........we will win this game with relative ease, something like 24-13 Have they shown you anything lately to get the IF out of your statement? They need to get KIWI back on the D line. Move Tuck to tackle. JPP, Canty, Tuck, KIWI & stunt & that spells SACK.Sadly they haven't. I do however believe that a superior DC could get much more from this groups. That's not going to happen in the next 21 hours. We'll need the boys to play unconscious and overwhelm the limitations of the DC. Likely to be a nail biter that comes down to turnovers and special teams.

BigBlueFanNJ
12-23-2011, 04:05 PM
ahhh mediocrity!!! how we miss ya!!!

reach for the stars Giant D reach for the stars!!!

NYG 5
12-23-2011, 04:09 PM
If the defense can't get pressure on this putrid jets offensive line, the team might as well just put in the entire second string next week

buddy33
12-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd take the defense that played the Green Bay game minus the two bad 3rd penalties on Prince and Williams and the bad TD call.

jomo
12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I'd take the defense that played the Green Bay game minus the two bad 3rd penalties on Prince and Williams and the bad TD call.That would be good enough.

Gianthunter
12-23-2011, 04:22 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Sad how career NFL players have had playing coached right out of them.</FONT>

NYGiants2120
12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
..........we will win this game with relative ease, something like 24-13I agree, i believe we can pick sanches off once or twice and a forced fumble

JPP2011
12-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I think they need more than mediocre. Our D secondary is worse than ever. We allow more points than we can match with our off again/on again offense. I think this is going to be a slaughter. Holmes, Greene, Burress are all gonna put up major points and there is nothing our D can do. I hope we at least get a better draft point out of this year. Playoffs? Playoffs LOL

paul anthony
12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
i think i would rather take the defense that showed up to beat the patriots on there own turf, in their home and didn't allow a single point in the first half of the game. im just wonder why PF is to scared to play that press coverage that beat the best offence in the league.

NYG 5
12-23-2011, 05:49 PM
i think i would rather take the defense that showed up to beat the patriots on there own turf, in their home and didn't allow a single point in the first half of the game. im just wonder why PF is to scared to play that press coverage that beat the best offence in the league.

Did you see aaron ross being raped on the spot when he tried to press against the cowboys?

Although, I would rather take the zero coverage press and risk it while at least forcing a pass on a disrupted route, then to give receivers a clean release just so antrell rolle can blow the deep coverage

Firenugget
12-23-2011, 06:54 PM
According to Grant, Fewell has been taking the defensive complexity back down which is long overdue imo. "Back to basics" essentially. Lets hope we see a noticeable difference.

jomo
12-23-2011, 06:55 PM
According to Grant, Fewell has been taking the defensive complexity back down which is long overdue imo. "Back to basics" essentially. Lets hope we see a noticeable difference.
It didn't seem that complex before. It seemed simply pathetic. Anything that helps I guess.

Gianthunter
12-23-2011, 07:01 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Thats the key. Dumb it down. </FONT><FONT color=#000000>For career freakin NFL players.</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>Yep it's coaching thats wrong.</FONT></P>

jomo
12-23-2011, 07:05 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Thats the key. Dumb it down. </FONT><FONT color=#000000>For career freakin NFL players.</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>Yep it's coaching thats wrong.</FONT></P>lol, this reminds me of Bubby Brister, former quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers who complained to the media no less that "this offense is complicated for me."

daynemustgo
12-23-2011, 07:17 PM

I think holding the Jets to 20 pts or fewer is this teams equiv of a great day.

jomo
12-25-2011, 11:17 AM
..........we will win this game with relative ease, something like 24-13 I think holding the Jets to 20 pts or fewer is this teams equiv of a great day.Yes it was. Every once in a while I get it right lol. This win however was what I was looking for.........the defense to show itself and they certainly did, led by the resurgence of J Tuck!