PDA

View Full Version : DON'T BE FOOL BY THIS WIN...DEFENSE HAS MAJOR PROBLEMS

bigblue999
12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Perry Fewell had the luxury of hiding behind a great offensive/special teams performance.

This guy still plays with NOO guts and allows the opposing QB to sit there lounging with a margarita as he waits to find the open receiver.

This kind of pathetic cowardly playing calling will produce no type of aggression and domination within the defense. All he needs is an extra LB to blitz or be in the QB face...mentally get the QB off his comfort zone.

Fewell is not the guy for this job. We can contribute yesterdays victory to a utterly poor performance by the saints offense. With elite competition coming up, I see our defense on it's heels getting pushed around because of its general's cowardliness.

Defense is vastly UNDER-PERFORMING because of play calling....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!

gumby74
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
If our offense can score touchdowns instead of FGs, I'll be fine with giving up 500 yards of offense, but only giving up 20 points.

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Cue buddy in 3....2.....1....

BigBlue1971
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Perry Fewell had the luxury of hiding behind a great offensive/special teams performance.

This guy still plays with NOO guts and allows the opposing QB to sit there lounging with a margarita as he waits to find the open receiver.

This kind of pathetic cowardly playing calling will produce no type of aggression and domination within the defense. All he needs is an extra LB to blitz or be in the QB face...mentally get the QB off his comfort zone.

Fewell is not the guy for this job. We can contribute yesterdays victory to a utterly poor performance by the saints offense. With elite competition coming up, I see our defense on it's heels getting pushed around because of its general's cowardliness.

Defense is vastly UNDER-PERFORMING because of play calling....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4746291845989212&pid=15.1

bigblue999
12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4746291845989212&pid=15.1

What does that mean?

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Cue buddy in 3....2.....1....Haha

Mercury
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm actually more concerned with the offense. I hope they can continue to put up points when they face better defenses.

hadenough
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM

Agreed...fewell is average at best....always has been

BlueBlooded1979
12-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't think anyone believes this is a great defense. They are middle of the road at best. Their ability to generate turnovers offsets their getting push up and down the field.
The middle of this defense is soft, Linval, Bernard and Canty are getting blown off the ball and the LBs have OL on them on every inside run. The pass rush is playing better but not great. The DBs are not playing physical at the line and when teams get their intermediate passing game running they slice and dice this back seven. Too many big plays given up for a team runs a lot of two man likes "soft and off" coverage.
Like a great pass rush turnovers fix everything. It doesn't matter if the other team marches up and down the field all day if you are taking the ball away all day long. The question is can you do that every game or will you eventually be forced to win by denying them first downs ?

TheAnalyst
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Ha, well Eli pretty much gave them 14 Points. Take that off and they have 13 points. Saints have the #2 ranked offense behind the Pats so...... That aint too shabby.

We do play weak D though when we are up. Its like we take our foot off the pedal. Thats why the Saints came back at one point.

TomCat_FIN
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
My problem is the run defense. Yesterday they were again giving up 5 yard runs on 1st down, letting the Saints do different things on 2nd and 3rd downs. It got better as the game went on, but the first half was terrible. Ingman always got his yards when they ran it on 1st down.

BigBlue1971
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
What does that mean?

it means what your saying is not accurate!

Fewell won a sb with this defense!

the defense is equal to the offense and special teams!

the Saints are a professional team and the game i saw yesterday the defense practically shutdown a dominate offense.

if you wanna see a defense with major problems you saw one yesterday and it wasnt the Giants!

MTH716
12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
While I agree that the defense has some issues, I'm not really sure it's Fewell's fault. For me, it's all about getting pressure on the QB. Right now, they aren't doing a very good job with that. Not sure if there's anything that Perry can do about it, we just need JPP, Tuck and Osi to get going here.
You can be the best coach in the world, but at some point players have to make plays.

byron
12-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Defense is vastly UNDER-PERFORMING because of play calling....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing yesterday we hardly ever send a lb on a blitz ....how much do we even blitz anymore ? idk

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
So what was so bad about the defense yesterday? They allowed 20 points to what is still a high scoring team. One of their scores was also after another interception.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
So what was so bad about the defense yesterday? They allowed 20 points to what is still a high scoring team. One of their scores was also after another interception.Almost 500 yards against our D. Stop looking at the final score.

Roosevelt
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
The one thing this defense does well is force turnovers.

Rusty192
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
So what was so bad about the defense yesterday? They allowed 20 points to what is still a high scoring team. One of their scores was also after another interception.
Almost 500 yards against our D. Stop looking at the final score.I'm clairvoyant..

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Almost 500 yards against our D. Stop looking at the final score.Lol. Stop looking at the only stat that matters?

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Lol. Stop looking at the only stat that matters?Yes. Had our offense been struggling we would have lost.

slipknottin
Fewel's fault that nobody on the DL can beat a blocker? What's he supposed to do? Rush 7 every play?

YATittle1962
they need to stop the run

if this team does not start stopping the run when there are 7 in the box they are in trouble

if the Saints did not have to air it out due to the score they could have run all day on that defense

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
There are 8 teams that have allowed less points than the Giants defense has. The only team that really stands out in that department is the 49ers. Points on the board is the nothing that matters. Brees has over 4,000 yards passing and his team has a losing record.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 02:41 PM
they need to stop the run if this team does not start stopping the run when there are 7 in the box they are in trouble if the Saints did not have to air it out due to the score they could have run all day on that defense But the scoreboard says there was nothing wrong with our defense /red

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
There are 8 teams that have allowed less points than the Giants defense has. The only team that really stands out in that department is the 49ers. Points on the board is the nothing that matters. Brees has over 4,000 yards passing and his team has a losing record.What does Brees having over 4000 yards have to do with us not stopping the run? They arent having a good year because they don't have a head coach, not because our defense is great lol. Our own Chris Canty even said it. @art_stapleton: Chris Canty on seeing a lot of room for improvement in yesterday's victory: "It wasn't a signature defensive performance." #NYG

hadenough
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Fewel's fault that nobody on the DL can beat a blocker? What's he supposed to do? Rush 7 every play?

The dline should be able to beat more OL's than they have been....but Fewell creates no confusion for the offensive line. He just rushes his guys and that's about all.

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Almost 500 yards against our D. Stop looking at the final score.

we won 52 to 20. the defense had 4 turnovers they played good

Gimaniac
All he needs is an extra LB to blitz or be in the QB face...mentally get the QB off his comfort zone.

Actually, the 1 sack (Osi) came when we rushed 3. We need to do a better job of spacing out so there is room to rush.

Buddy333
Yes. Had our offense been struggling we would have lost.So a team that doesn't score loses? The only problem in the beating hey gave them yesterday was the two interception that where thrown. One was ran back and the other lead to a score. The defense did their job.

slipknottin
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
The dline should be able to beat more OL's than they have been....but Fewell creates no confusion for the offensive line. He just rushes his guys and that's about all.

Guys have to win individual matchups. Can't blame the coordinator for everything.

Who on this DL consistently gets to the QB? Nobody.

Everyone always praises JPP as a pass rusher, but he hasent been great. Just above average. Tuck has done nothing. Osi is hit or miss.

Every once in awhile those three go out and dominate a game, best their blockers easily. Then they just disappear.

Is it fewel's job to motivate professional players? I don't think it should be. I want guys who want to be the best

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
What does Brees having over 4000 yards have to do with us not stopping the run? They arent having a good year because they don't have a head coach, not because our defense is great lol. Our own Chris Canty even said it. @art_stapleton: Chris Canty on seeing a lot of room for improvement in yesterday's victory: "It wasn't a signature defensive performance." #NYGYeah and Eli said there was room for improvement this year after just winning the Super Bowl. What does 4,000 yards have to do with it? You brought up that they had nearly 500 yards of offense yesterday and said ignore the score. Lol. The score is all that matters.

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Guys have to win individual matchups. Can't blame the coordinator for everything.

Who on this DL consistently gets to the QB? Nobody.

Everyone always praises JPP as a pass rusher, but he hasent been great. Just above average. Tuck has done nothing. Osi is hit or miss.

Every once in awhile those three go out and dominate a game, best their blockers easily. Then they just disappear.

Is it fewel's job to motivate professional players? I don't think it should be. I want guys who want to be the best

fewel we didnt get sacks because fewel didnt do a good job motivating these guys in the weight room the week before the game. Look how big and strong our lineman are? these guys are powerful. if fewel teaches correct weight lifting habits these guys would dominate. History proves this

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah and Eli said there was room for improvement this year after just winning the Super Bowl. What does 4,000 yards have to do with it? You brought up that they had nearly 500 yards of offense yesterday and said ignore the score. Lol. The score is all that matters. If we are so "good" why can't we stop the run? Why are we letting up all these yards? I guess you're a fan of the bend dont break defense then. We didnt play horrible but we definitely didnt play great.

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
If we are so "good" why can't we stop the run? Why are we letting up all these yards? I guess you're a fan of the bend dont break defense then. We didnt play horrible but we definitely didnt play great.

but we had 4 turnovers and we won 52 to 27. the defense played great.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
The Giants have played 3 Top 10 offenses the last 3 weeks and held them under the season average by at least 7 points each time. 9th overall in scoring defense.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
but we had 4 turnovers and we won 52 to 27. the defense played great.Thank the special teams.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
If we are so "good" why can't we stop the run? Why are we letting up all these yards? I guess you're a fan of the bend dont break defense then. We didnt play horrible but we definitely didnt play great.Who cares about yards? What was the score? The Saints are the second best offense in the NFL according to stats and their QB has more TD's and yards passing than anyone. They have a losing record. Only 8 teams have allowed fewer points and only one team dominates that stat.

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Thank the special teams.

our offense scored that many points thanks to special teams?

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank the special teams.Right. So the two times in the first half that they held them to field goals when they had first downs in the red zone had nothing to do with it? Ok.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
So let me see u would rather bringing another LB on the field or bring up safeties to stop the run and then get beat for big plays over the top. So they give up less yards and give up more points.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
our offense scored that many points thanks to special teams?Uh we had excellent field position almost all game long, that definitely helped our offense.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Right. So the two times in the first half that they held them to field goals when they had first downs in the red zone had nothing to do with it? Ok.Whoa, I never said they didnt play good, I'm saying they didnt play great. Those turnovers were great buy we are giving up way too much yaradge.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Uh we had excellent field position almost all game long, that definitely helped our offense.Yeah they had 8 drives start inside New Orleans territory or a TD

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
15:00 1 01:37 NOR 44 3 7 Punt
12:32 1 02:54 NOR 45 5 16 Intercepted Pass
09:38 1 00:00 NYG 4 1 96 Touchdown return TD
06:43 1 02:24 NOR 35 4 35 Touchdown
01:58 1 01:20 NYG 45 3 -10 Punt
09:46 2 03:43 NOR 46 7 29 Missed FG
01:57 2 01:37 NYG 31 9 69 Touchdown
14:44 3 01:40 NOR 20 4 20 Touchdown
11:22 3 03:09 NYG 38 6 62 Touchdown
07:21 3 02:21 NYG 23 5 42 Intercepted Pass
01:51 3 02:31 NOR 25 5 25 Touchdown
11:50 4 01:31 NOR 22 4 2 Field Goal
09:11 4 03:01 NYG 30 6 25 Punt
05:20 4 00:00 NYG 48 1 52 Touchdown
01:23 4 01:23 NYG 37 2 -3 End of Game

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Whoa, I never said they didnt play good, I'm saying they didnt play great. Those turnovers were great buy we are giving up way too much yaradge.It's just a stat.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM
It's just a stat.so they didnt give up a lot of yards? Don't look at the final score.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
so they didnt give up a lot of yards? Don't look at the final score.Yeah they did give up a lot of yards. Who cares? They didn't give up a lot of points. The score is the ONLY number that counts.

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Uh we had excellent field position almost all game long, that definitely helped our offense.

On a serious note, I was being sarcastic the entire time, because the same exact point you're trying to make about our defense last night is the exact same point i was trying to make last night Regarding Eli's play. And its soo similar. "The defense had 4 turnovers and made great plays last night therefore they played great." "ELi had 4 touchdowns and made some good throws therefore he played great." You're pretty much giving the same examples and saying the same things i was saying. Things such as "stop looking at the final score" and that our special teams helped out the offense a lot. I just found it funny.

I agree that the defense struggled a lot last night in spite of what the final score or what some of the stats may say because i watched the game and saw these struggles myself. Same goes for Eli. Neither played great but it was a good team win

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Lets look at it again. The first points they scored where on an interception that they ran back. The only points they scored on offense in the first half where two field goals. The Giants defense held them twice in the red zone to force them into kicking field goals. So they allowed a whopping 6 offensive points in the first half. Fire the DC! Then they scored two TD's in the second half, one of which came after they where set up by another interception. They did not play nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

dakotajoe
12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Blitzing doesn't work against great QBs. The one blitz I recollect off the top of my head Boley had to cover Colston and got beat for a big gain but Colston happened to fumble at the end of the play. The D does blitz and run a number of stunts to keep the O off balance but Fewell tends not to overdue it thankfully.

We definitely don't have the physical talent of a defense like the 49ers. We have aging DEs and CBs and slow linebackers. The defense may lack in ability but they make up for it with the knack for causing turnovers.

drewz
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
The offense's inability to score in the redzone is a much bigger problem then the defense.

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Lets look at it again. The first points they scored where on an interception that they ran back. The only points they scored on offense in the first half where two field goals. The Giants defense held them twice in the red zone to force them into kicking field goals. So they allowed a whopping 6 offensive points in the first half. Fire the DC! Then they scored two TD's in the second half, one of which came after they where set up by another interception. They did not play nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

Are you confident going into the post season with this defense?

NYGFaninILL
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Seriously? We just held one of the best offenses in the league to 21 points...I say we did pretty damn good

YATittle1962
12-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Blitzing doesn't work against great QBs.

this is quite possibly the most ridiculous quote I have ever seen on any forum

creative blitzing is one of the most affective ways to stop a great QB

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Blitzing doesn't work against great QBs. The one blitz I recollect off the top of my head Boley had to cover Colston and got beat for a big gain but Colston happened to fumble at the end of the play. The D does blitz and run a number of stunts to keep the O off balance but Fewell tends not to overdue it thankfully.

We definitely don't have the physical talent of a defense like the 49ers. We have aging DEs and CBs and slow linebackers. The defense may lack in ability but they make up for it with the knack for causing turnovers.

Rodgers, Brady and Montana say "Sup?"

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM

Our defense is not very good against the run or pass but they do a good job of forcing turnovers. thats also part of being a good defense but the point some people are trying to make is if the defense is unable to get turnovers, there are a lot of reason to be concerned. overall i think our defense has played solid all season

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Are you confident going into the post season with this defense?As long as they keep the score low, like they have been for most of the season, yes.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Our defense is not very good against the run or pass but they do a good job of forcing turnovers. thats also part of being a good defense but the point some people are trying to make is if the defense is unable to get turnovers, there are a lot of reason to be concerned. overall i think our defense has played solid all seasonThey held the second best offense in the league to 6 points in the first half yesterday. Yes turnovers happened but twice they had first downs in the red zone and twice they settled for field goals.

GMan-67
12-10-2012, 03:51 PM
it's a results business, they've been turning teams over left and right

and they held the Skins under 20, we left too many points out there, that loss is on the O and that loss is why we now need to really scramble to win the division

Marvelousmik
12-10-2012, 03:59 PM
They held the second best offense in the league to 6 points in the first half yesterday. Yes turnovers happened but twice they had first downs in the red zone and twice they settled for field goals.

The defense gives up alot of yards but they force turnovers and limit teams to field goals so i cant really disagree with you too much. I just wanted to make the point that some players get special treatment "coughelicough". If you could say ELi played great last night then you could definitely say the defense played amazing

paulj
12-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Yuo hit the nail on the head!!! I totally agree. He doesnt call a good defensive game and doesnt appear to make appropriate half time adjustments but goes with the same plan. I'm not saying the giants have to go all out blitz but why not mix tiings up to reaise havoc?

My point is, why do other DCs mix things up to raise hacov? We have so much talent on out Defense but they arte poorly utilized! See my post
Concerns!!!

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:03 PM
The defense gives up alot of yards but they force turnovers and limit teams to field goals so i cant really disagree with you too much. I just wanted to make the point that some players get special treatment "coughelicough". If you could say ELi played great last night then you could definitely say the defense played amazingWell Eli didn't play great last night. He was lucky he wasn't intercepted a couple of other times. He had some good moments, but he needs to play better.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Well Eli didn't play great last night. He was lucky he wasn't intercepted a couple of other times. He had some good moments, but he needs to play better.

You know how those "coulda" games play out, right?

Watch: Good thing the Saints didn't go for it on 4th down. They had our D on the ropes.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Trailing by 4 you take the field goal there.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Trailing by 4 you take the field goal there.

With the way they were moving the ball, you take a gamble especially when it's just a yard.

G-G-GMen420
12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Definatly need to play better vs the run that #1 problem...
That being said the Saints offense was #1 in red zone efficiency and the Giants held them to 3 twice in the end of the first half. BIG stops!

And had 4 TO's that's not a bad game they had 13pts at half and Eli gave them 7!!

...they had a bad 3rd quarter but they won 3 quarters But they really gave up 20 pts

We will win most games our D gives up 20 or less

I think the yards our D gives up is a concern but it really starts with stopping the run which I believe these players can do I seen them do it before so hopefully they will turn it around

bigblue999
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
As long as they keep the score low, like they have been for most of the season, yes.

It's a good thing you're not coaching. If you get in the head of a QB and rattle him a bit, the ball tends to come out quicker and mentally he's lost his edge. Fewell does nothing to enhance this. My fear is the defense in a dome, or under better conditions with an accurate QB torches the Giants.

I don't have much confidence the defense under Fewell will dominate anyone.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
The second best offense in the league with a QB hat has more yards passing and more passing TD's than anyone was held to 6 points in the first half. Don't say if they didn't turn the ball over. They are part of the game and they count as much as any other stat people want to bring up.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM
With the way they were moving the ball, you take a gamble especially when it's just a yard.They can move the ball all hey want. They still only scored 20 points.

bigblue999
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
The second best offense in the league with a QB hat has more yards passing and more passing TD's than anyone was held to 6 points in the first half. Don't say if they didn't turn the ball over. They are part of the game and they count as much as any other stat people want to bring up.

Those are blind statements. DB was playing in conditions that he horrible at...you change the circumstances to a dome and the game could easily shift. Also, because of the huge lead the giants built up, they went away from the run altogether and made it easier for the Giants. A normal game with play action and our offense mediocre (which is not far fetched under KG) could have a different outcome.

All I'm saying is the Giants are doing little to nothing to pressure the QB....a formula that eventually results in failure.

MTH716
12-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm really not sure what you guys want Fewell to do. It has to do with personnel more than anything. We are very line heavy (our strength), if they aren't getting the QB we are in big trouble. Our LB's are very medicore, we don't blitz them much and even with them dropping into coverage there always seems to be big holes in the middle of the field. I want to believe that when Kenny Phillips comes back (hopefully), they will be more aggressive with Antrel. But most of the problems start and end with the front 4.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
They can move the ball all hey want. They still only scored 20 points.

And about those Eli throws that should have been intercepted, they weren't.

See how that "coulda/shoulda" game plays?

GentleGiant
12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Almost 500 yards against our D. Stop looking at the final score.

Get out of here fantasy boy. Drew brees leads the league in yards and TDS. Look at their record.

points> yards

GentleGiant
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Yes. Had our offense been struggling we would have lost.

And if a magic buffalo came down from heaven and ate Eli we would have lost. These 2 things have something in common. They're both just as likely.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:38 PM
The defense allowed 487 yards of offense. After their last score to give them 27 they put up 113 stat inflating yards.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:41 PM
And about those Eli throws that should have been intercepted, they weren't.See how that "coulda/shoulda" game plays?Big difference. They didn't go for it on 4th down because they where not doing whatever they wanted to and they took the points. The two almost interceptions where not because the defender dropped them.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Those are blind statements. DB was playing in conditions that he horrible at...you change the circumstances to a dome and the game could easily shift. Also, because of the huge lead the giants built up, they went away from the run altogether and made it easier for the Giants. A normal game with play action and our offense mediocre (which is not far fetched under KG) could have a different outcome.All I'm saying is the Giants are doing little to nothing to pressure the QB....a formula that eventually results in failure.Um...lots of teams play outside. To bad for him. They have lost a couple of games at home this year.

ashleymarie
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
And if a magic buffalo came down from heaven and ate Eli we would have lost. These 2 things have something in common. They're both just as likely.

LOL That buffalo would have to be really magical because buffaloes are not carnivorous. They might make an exception for Eli tho. :)

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Big difference. They didn't go for it on 4th down because they where not doing whatever they wanted to and they took the points. The two almost interceptions where not because the defender dropped them.

Not really a big difference. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
True, but they didn't o for it on 4th down and assuming they would make it is just an opinion. The DB's dropped the ball. That's a mistake on them. They where supposed to make that play

Laurah1275
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
You know what we need? A nice, big ol' sticky on the main forum page that reads: The Giants Won, But I Still Don't Feel Good About It Because.......

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Get out of here fantasy boy. Drew brees leads the league in yards and TDS. Look at their record.points> yardsI dont play fantasy football and I'm a female. We are giving up a ton of yards and almost gave the Saints new life when they scored that quick touchdown, it only took like what, 35 seconds? It's okay though. I remember getting blasted after the first Redskins game when I said the offense was off. People kept spewing stats at me and told me we were the 2nd ranked offense at that time. Then look what happened after that game..It's okay, I like to look at things differently.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
True, but they didn't o for it on 4th down and assuming they would make it is just an opinion. The DB's dropped the ball. That's a mistake on them. They where supposed to make that play

When has there been a game where a DB or CB not dropped a pass? Saying as if it's always a guarantee to end up in an interception is quite silly.

You're still left with the fact that those weren't intercepted. No harm, no foul.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I dont play fantasy football and I'm a female. We are giving up a ton of yards and almost gave the Saints new life when they scored that quick touchdown, it only took like what, 35 seconds? It's okay though. I remember getting blasted after the first Redskins game when I said the offense was off. People kept spewing stats at me and told me we were the 2nd ranked offense at that time. Then look what happened after that game..It's okay, I like to look at things differently.What really gave them life was when they scored their second TD after they intercepted the ball. Even then, they where down by 8 and then the Giants went right down the field and scored again.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 05:00 PM
When has there been a game where a DB or CB not dropped a pass? Saying as if it's always a guarantee to end up in an interception is quite silly.You're still left with the fact that those weren't intercepted. No harm, no foul.Plenty of games but ok, no harm no foul. The same way they allowed almost 500 yards of offense but only allowed 20 points. No harm no foul.

GentleGiant
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I dont play fantasy football and I'm a female. We are giving up a ton of yards and almost gave the Saints new life when they scored that quick touchdown, it only took like what, 35 seconds? It's okay though. I remember getting blasted after the first Redskins game when I said the offense was off. People kept spewing stats at me and told me we were the 2nd ranked offense at that time. Then look what happened after that game..It's okay, I like to look at things differently. We lost that game because of the penalites. Not because the defense and offense wasn't clicking. Did we have penalties here? Nope. And look what happended. The only reason they got there so fast was because Eli threw an INT which put the saints in already good position. Giving them new life would be if the game was tied and your special teams and defense doesn't suck. And that "2nd scoring offense" was the one who killed that "new life" the saints had by going back down the field and throwing a TD.

GentleGiant
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Plenty of games but ok, no harm no foul. The same way they allowed almost 500 yards of offense but only allowed 20 points. No harm no foul. Especially when most of the saints yards was in garbage time and the saints only cared about getting their stats up. The giants probably let them get those yards so they could run the clock.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
We lost that game because of the penalites. Not because the defense and offense wasn't clicking. Did we have penalties here? Nope. And look what happended. The only reason they got there so fast was because Eli threw an INT which put the saints in already good position. Giving them new life would be if the game was tied and your special teams and defense doesn't suck. And that "2nd scoring offense" was the one who killed that "new life" the saints had by going back down the field and throwing a TD.I'm talking about the first time we played the Redskins, not the second time. This is when our offense was going down hill and I said something about it and I got the "WE ARE SECOND IN OFFENSE BLAH CHILL", and then there came the infamous Eli slump. Stats are cool, but they dont tell the whole story.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Especially when most of the saints yards was in garbage time and the saints only cared about getting their stats up. The giants probably let them get those yards so they could run the clock.

72 yards is not what I would consider most.

byron
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
And if a magic buffalo came down from heaven and ate Eli we would have lost. These 2 things have something in common. They're both just as likely. lol....reminded me of this.... not relevant.....the great white buffalo !!! crank it up !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPUMlQRYBD8

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
72 yards is not what I would consider most.They had 113 meaningless yards after they had their last score.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
They had 113 meaningless yards after they had their last score.

You're including that Saints drive that ended in an interception. Game was only 42-27 at that point and I wouldn't consider them "meaningless."

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
You're including that Saints drive that ended in an interception. Game was only 42-27 at that point and I wouldn't consider them "meaningless."Yes they where meaningless because they are only stats. They did not produce points.

Parademon
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
With all the new rule changes that favor the O & refs throwing BS flags for any & every hard hit, even if it's clean, you can't expect a D today to hold a high scoring O with a future HOF QB to under 300 total yds! Look at the Cincy/Dallas game where a great clean hit by the cincy DB on Dez still was flagged!

Last nite a Lions player got a flag for just pushing AR to the ground! So to expect the Giants to hold every team they play to 350-300 total yds a game is un-realistic given the amount of flags the refs throw at the D for BS calls that keep drives on 3rd down & end up leading to a score.

Goodell wants a high scoring game & also wants QBs & WRs protected at all costs, so Defenses are hamstrung! Giants have to play the type of D they do & as long as 20 ppg or less is all they allow the rest of the yr, I think we'll be fine all the way to Feb.

We have given up less pts that the other 3 teams in our div & scored more than them as well. We have lost 4 games by 7 or less this yr & only Cincy blew us out in a game where we played our worst game in all 3 facets of the game.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes they where meaningless because they are only stats. They did not produce points.

Only because of that interception, and still, I wouldn't call them meaningless or:

Especially when most of the saints yards was in garbage time and the saints only cared about getting their stats up.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Only because of that interception, and still, I wouldn't call them meaningless or:Especially when most of the saints yards was in garbage time and the saints only cared about getting their stats up.Only because of an interception? Like the interception isn't part of the game? Like the defense didn't make a play? They had 113 yards of meaningless yards after they scored their last points. I didn't say most of their yards came in garbage time, but about 20% of them did.

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Only because of an interception? Like the interception isn't part of the game? Like the defense didn't make a play? They had 113 yards of meaningless yards after they scored their last points. I didn't say most of their yards came in garbage time, but about 20% of them did.

It doesn't nullify the fact that Drees was going down the field, similar to how RGIII did it with Garcon.

JesseJames
12-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Fewell told us in his first press conference when he signed on here that his defense would give up a lot of yards but not a lot of points and that fans would have to be patient.. I see this defense as one that gives up huge yardage and points at crucial times that allows teams to stay in the game, we almost let the Saints come back and win yesterday when they were only down by 8 points..I hate this bend but don't break type of defense but I also hate players who don't play 100% and take plays off and we have them on this team right now...

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 06:41 PM
It doesn't nullify the fact that Drees was going down the field, similar to how RGIII did it with Garcon.Actually it does just that.

Captain Chaos
12-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Cue buddy in 3....2.....1....

alright I'm ROTFLMAO....but the kid has a point!

G-MENBK
12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Actually it does just that.

That the Giants are prone in letting big receptions occur?

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
That the Giants are prone in letting big receptions occur?They do sometimes but who cares? It's just a stat. They intercepted the ball ending a drive and making those yards useless. They did not score. That is what matters.

OX1
12-11-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm really not sure what you guys want Fewell to do. It has to do with personnel more than anything. We are very line heavy (our strength), if they aren't getting the QB we are in big trouble. Our LB's are very medicore, we don't blitz them much and even with them dropping into coverage there always seems to be big holes in the middle of the field. I want to believe that when Kenny Phillips comes back (hopefully), they will be more aggressive with Antrel. But most of the problems start and end with the front 4.

For starters how about some misdirection at the line.
We line up 4 and rush 3 or 4. OOOOOOHHHH, really tricky.

Or we line up 6 and rush 6, even more tricky.

Or better yet, how about we don't look like the entire secondary
doesn't know what position they are supposed to be in
(or that our misdirection, trying to make the offense think
we are totally confused).

None of that is execution.

Between the lack of imagination on both the O and D,
thank god we have craploads of talent to win games, despite
the lack of coaching.

jomo
12-11-2012, 09:58 AM
For starters how about some misdirection at the line.
We line up 4 and rush 3 or 4. OOOOOOHHHH, really tricky.

Or we line up 6 and rush 6, even more tricky.

Or better yet, how about we don't look like the entire secondary
doesn't know what position they are supposed to be in
(or that our misdirection, trying to make the offense think
we are totally confused).

None of that is execution.

Between the lack of imagination on both the O and D,
thank god we have craploads of talent to win games, despite
the lack of coaching.there is school of defense that tries to look confused before the snap to add uncertainty for the quarterback to process. I am not giving PF credit for doing that but it is possible.

TextureDj
12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
PF has deliverd PRECISELY what he offered when he came on board. He promised a defense that, while it gave up a lot of yards, would limit scoring and generate a lot of turnovers.

Cut to today and we are I think second in the league in int's, Stevie Brown just broke the NYG record for interception return yardage in a single game, and we almost always recover fumbles. Its uncanny how this Defense swarms a lose ball. This Defense routinely stiffens inside the 20 and forces FG if not fumbles and INT's.

You can say you dont like it, you can say it's hard to learn, but you cant not say its been ineffective because it has delivered exactly what it set out to.

bigjeep
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Sadly I have to agree. If we don't make the playoffs or the SB, it most likely will be the fault of the defense!