PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennett

Ladder27
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
He's 6'6 and 265 lbs, he's not going to be exceptionally fast..and Jake Ballard was slow as hell. Love them both though

Ladder27
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I understand the slow part but he seems like he trips over his own feet more then anything.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.Robinson is even fatter and slower

NYGabriel
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.

Huh?

Ladder27
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Robinson is even fatter and slower

Videos I seen on Robinson didn't look that slow.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't think I spelled his name right but O well. Is it just me, but when He is running routes and what not he seems a bit slow and uncoordinated. Hes not light in his feet thats for sure. Ballard even looked more mobile. I hope Robinson comes around for next year.Ballard isn't even close to as mobile as Bennett is. Plus I'm sure if Reese signs him again they will work on him dropping his weight to 245 to 255. Don't forget Bennett also had a nasty knee injury this year.

Kruunch
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Not sure what you're basing this on ... his slow jog back to the huddle?

Ladder27
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Ballard isn't even close to as mobile as Bennett is. Plus I'm sure if Reese signs him again they will work on him dropping his weight to 245 to 255. Don't forget Bennett also had a nasty knee injury this year.

I'm not saying I don't like him just expect more out of him I guess.

TheEnigma
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Ballard has softer hands to catch a football and has come through for us in pretty big moments so I guess you could say he was also more clutch but Bennett is superior in every other way. Both guys are/were at the benefit of two tremendous receivers on the field so you have to take that into consideration in terms of their production.

Ladder27
12-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Not sure what you're basing this on ... his slow jog back to the huddle?

No that's more like a walk back.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
I understand the slow part but he seems like he trips over his own feet more then anything.You do know that he is almost open on every single play right?? I don't get this he trips over his own feet stuff, dudes a huge TE and trucks people. He's not going to be Graham or Hernedaz those TE are basically wide receivers. Bennett is the full package. I'm glad we have the guy. Gronk isn't exactly nimble on his feet either but he is a beast.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm not saying I don't like him just expect more out of him I guess.The guy had a bad knee injury....plus our o-line is terrible so he has to block a lot and he does a great job at it. He does all the little things better then Ballard. That Wilson run for 52 yards was setup by a great block by Bennett.

Cloud57
Videos I seen on Robinson didn't look that slow.

He looked slow in preseason games but he looks ok in his videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPF6uRh4AxE

Ladder27
You do know that he is almost open on every single play right?? I don't get this he trips over his own feet stuff, dudes a huge TE and trucks people. He's not going to be Graham or Hernedaz those TE are basically wide receivers. Bennett is the full package. I'm glad we have the guy. Gronk isn't exactly nimble on his feet either but he is a beast.

Yea, your right. Guess I just looked for him to be more of the WR type v all around TE. Blocking and all. But I have not seen him pull a Kevin Boss and Truck anyone really yet.

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
He looked slow in preseason games but he looks ok in his videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPF6uRh4AxEGreat vid but remember he's going against inferior athletes.Everyone in the NFL runs a 4 something.

derekunion28
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
id rather have him healthy

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I've been very happy with Bennett. I think that they should through him more passes.

paulj
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
I hope the Giants consider taking a look at a FA TE next year to complement Bennett.
The NY Jets TE Keller was a TE the Giants had interest in when he was drafted but the Jets moved up and took him. If he comes cheap and he should cause his numbers are average, he would bea great pass catching complement, aka like the Cowboys TE Jason Witten. This would help open things up for the WRs abd RBs as he would be another weapon. I would love to have him and cut the stiff TE we have on our roster wasting space Jeez i can even remember his name!

bearbryant
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Bennett is a much better blocker right now than AR. Lets see what goes on next season. I don't know where the idea of robinson being slow and fatter even started... Maybe in one of Cinn's opponents locker rooms! Go Giant!