PDA

View Full Version : Giants curse worse than Madden Curse

gian_18778
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
With the latest news about Brandon Jacobs being suspended for the rest of the season, has anyone taken notice of what happens to most players that leave the Giants and played for other teams since our 07' Superbowl season?

Think about this...

How many players left the Giants and became stars elsewhere? Heck, how many left the Giants and produced at the same level as when they were with the Giants?

That's kinda scary, lol.

gian_18778
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
^^Jacobs said it best....you "rott away" when you leave the Giants, lol.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm gonna feel bad for Osi lol...not

TroyArcher
12-10-2012, 08:22 PM
With the latest news about Brandon Jacobs being suspended for the rest of the season, has anyone taken notice of what happens to most players that leave the Giants and played for other teams since our 07' Superbowl season?

Think about this...

How many players left the Giants and became stars elsewhere? Heck, how many left the Giants and produced at the same level as when they were with the Giants?

That's kinda scary, lol.

Manningham has done OK this year but no way producing to a level to justify his paycheck.

Flip Empty
12-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Ryan Clark has been great for the Steelers.. Err... Matt Bryant?

How many "stars" are dropped by the Giants, or any other team?

laylow28
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Cameron Wake and Ryan Grant come to mind.

gian_18778
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Well, many thought that Steve Smith was a star (albeit an injured star), and he left...

BlueSanta
12-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Will Allen was fer better after leaving then while he was here.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-10-2012, 09:17 PM
We(NYG) do the hard part. We ACTUALLY develop players. Then years later we draft new players to develop to fill the holes that our departing players leave. Basically, I am very happy with our front office for these decisions other than the LB position. The gods that be have a pulse on our team and have an uncanny knack to develop pretty much any player that comes to our team. And for the most part, they go to other teams with a cordial feeling. I am sure anytime we called them up the player would come back. TOTAL CLASS ACT ORGANIZATION.

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 10:06 PM
But Reese is a terrible GM and doesnt know what he is doing right

Redeyejedi
12-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Cameron Wake and Ryan Grant come to mind.Wake really he was out of the NFL for 4 years before ending up in Miami.

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Cameron Wake and Ryan Grant come to mind.
The Giants have ALWAYS had better RB's than Grant. From Tiki to BJ and AB, they've always had better than Grant. But the players that leave the Giants and do well are ones that had never established themselves with the Giants to begin with.

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 11:44 PM

The Giants screwed over Bryant. He was held accountable for the Giants historic playoff collapse against SF about 10 years ago after a typical Fassell slip-on-the-banana-peel fiasco. Bryant was a pretty good kicker and I'm glad that he had a long career elsewhere.

ebick
12-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Kurt Warner made it to the Super Bowl with the Cards, darn near won it.

nygpolishpunk
12-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Kurt Warner made it to the Super Bowl with the Cards, darn near won it.the OP said since the 07 SB win...

ny06
12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm suprised no one mentioned Barry Cofiled. You ask any Redskins fan about the addition of Barry Cofield, and they would all say he has been a productive player in their defense.

I miss the "don't taze me bro" dance

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1205681&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/1205681/barry-cofield.html)

ebick
12-11-2012, 01:13 AM
the OP said since the 07 SB win...

Whoops.....disqualified

Captain Chaos
12-11-2012, 04:19 AM

Think about this...

That's kinda scary, lol.

Manningham comes to mind right off the top of my head.

GMan-67
12-11-2012, 06:24 AM
or could it be that we make pretty sound personnel decisions?

i love that when we draft a player that doesn't work out we are idiots, but when we don't blindly try to resign every Giant FA and they sign with other teams and they do little to nothing, then that is just a curse

GCGiant
12-11-2012, 06:32 AM
I hope the other guys on the team are paying attention. It appears that they leave for a few more bones, but then fade to oblivion. Good payday for 1 or 2 years, but then what? I wonder what SS or BJ would do if they had to do it over again?

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Barry Cofield is a good one who's playing great. He's better than Linval Joseph and much better than Canty, IMO.