PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs says "I'll only play for one other team"(Giants)!

Hall of Fame
12-10-2012, 08:28 PM
With Brandon Jacobs being suspended for "behavior detrimental to the team", maybe Reese should make a move on him. He might come at a low cost. He could also be that spark we need to ignite the fire we showed last year on our SB run. He is a great motivator, and gets the team fired up before and during games. He will give us back that multi dimensional running game we were once known for.

http://usat.ly/RZnlB9

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
There is already a thread on this....

Hall of Fame
12-10-2012, 08:31 PM
There is already a thread on this....

Mine is different

Eliscruzzz
12-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Mine is differentNo it's not this is mention in that thread with a link....

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 08:33 PM
There is already a thread on this....Who are you, the thread police????

Kidding. Anyway, I don't know if the Giants organization like his behavior though. The whining and moaning.
However with Bradshaw's knee injury, I wouldn't mind having him back.

Hall of Fame
12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Who are you, the thread police????

Kidding. Anyway, I don't know if the Giants organization like his behavior though. The whining and moaning.
Not to mention the 5 Wilson threads.

JJC7301
12-11-2012, 12:07 AM

He's not going to whine and moan on the Giants. I'm not holding Wilson back for BJ, but I'd get BJ in their a little bit as well where AB would normally play.

Toadofsteel
12-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Not to mention the 5 Wilson threads.

How about when the entire first page was fibula threads and the mods just gave up?

Rudyy
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
How about when the entire first page was fibula threads and the mods just gave up?Ok, that was hilarious.

Rudyy
12-11-2012, 12:22 AM
He's not going to whine and moan on the Giants. I'm not holding Wilson back for BJ, but I'd get BJ in their a little bit as well where AB would normally play.Well yeah, but you should never disrespect an organization like that by whining, if you arent happy, then speak to the coach or whoever about the situation. He's not gonna do it with us, but it's just not appropriate.

BlueBlooded1979
12-11-2012, 03:07 AM
These guys have limited career lengths and Jacobs career is nearing the end. To sign a vet then never activate him is just wrong, either trade him before the deadline or let him go look for another job. Even now that they have no use for him they are holding on to him when they can waive him and maybe save 3 game checks and a roster spot. Harbaugh is showing that he will hurt his team to prove point.

Captain Chaos
12-11-2012, 03:46 AM
UHG!!!!!

GiantLegend
12-11-2012, 04:17 AM
These guys have limited career lengths and Jacobs career is nearing the end. To sign a vet then never activate him is just wrong, either trade him before the deadline or let him go look for another job. Even now that they have no use for him they are holding on to him when they can waive him and maybe save 3 game checks and a roster spot. Harbaugh is showing that he will hurt his team to prove point.

I can't stand the Harbaugh brothers, and I agree with you completely. I'm sure Jacobs went about it the wrong way, and he knows that. But he also knows it probably didn't matter at this point, they weren't playing him.

Blount has it the same on the Bucs. And Blount earned his carries last year.

Buddy333
12-11-2012, 06:38 AM
I don't think he was a whiner here. If they can get him they should do it. He has fresh legs and he would probably be so excited to come back.

rebelfan1966
12-11-2012, 08:28 AM
As much as I would love to see it happen.... I don't see it happening.

Redeyejedi
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
To bad u didnt think that way in the offseason. Instead U let your emotions get the best of U over 250,000 non guaranteed dollars u wont see from SF anyway. Giants probably wont have him back now anyway. They have Wilson,Bradshaw and Brown for next season

jomo
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
With Brandon Jacobs being suspended for "behavior detrimental to the team", maybe Reese should make a move on him. He might come at a low cost. He could also be that spark we need to ignite the fire we showed last year on our SB run. He is a great motivator, and gets the team fired up before and during games. He will give us back that multi dimensional running game we were once known for.

http://usat.ly/RZnlB9 .............not sure he's got that other dimension anymore, in fact I'm almost certain he doesn't......... but I do love the guy's passion for the Giants.

EliDaMANning
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
If they can get him for cheap why not? He has fresh legs that we can use for the playoffs.

VBGiantsFan
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I thnk Jacobs will bring up the morale on this team. With fresh legs, he would be an EXCELLENT change of pace back for the Giants.

ozzie0075
12-11-2012, 09:19 AM
To bad u didnt think that way in the offseason. Instead U let your emotions get the best of U over 250,000 non guaranteed dollars u wont see from SF anyway. Giants probably wont have him back now anyway. They have Wilson,Bradshaw and Brown for next season

Bingo...Brandon has no one to blame but himself here. He got greedy and is learning the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

rxc999
12-11-2012, 10:49 AM
I dont know he will get released by SF..but i would take him back..for playoffs..fresh legs..and he will run with motivation..and give a boost on short yardage situation..experience in playoffs is a whole different thing..

nycisgreat
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM

That is not true. TC wanted him back badly because of his Fire and vocals in the locker room. He didn't come back because the money wasn't right. Coughlin openly acknowledges that he like BJ and what he brings to the team. He said this back in March or April.

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately BJ is a victim of his own attitude.

lamas
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
That is not true. TC wanted him back badly because of his Fire and vocals in the locker room. He didn't come back because the money wasn't right. Coughlin openly acknowledges that he like BJ and what he brings to the team. He said this back in March or April.

This is not exactly true either. Jacobs was asked to take a pay cut, which he did, so we could get Bradshaw back. The following year, he was asked to take another pay cut. It wasn't just about the money, it was about respect. Jacobs felt slighted and left. 20/20 hind sight...I'm sure he'd like a redo on that. I'd love to have him back in blue, but I don't see that happening. San Fran suspended him rather than cutting him so the Giant's couldn't scoop him up.

lamas
12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Unfortunately BJ is a victim of his own attitude.

I would say he's more a victim of not being a phenomenal running back.

Toadofsteel
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
This is not exactly true either. Jacobs was asked to take a pay cut, which he did, so we could get Bradshaw back. The following year, he was asked to take another pay cut. It wasn't just about the money, it was about respect. Jacobs felt slighted and left. 20/20 hind sight...I'm sure he'd like a redo on that. I'd love to have him back in blue, but I don't see that happening. San Fran suspended him rather than cutting him so the Giant's couldn't scoop him up.

The funny thing is, I have a feeling we'll see him back in camp next year on a vet minimum contract. Whether he actually makes it to the 53-man roster is another story entirely, but he's going to give it his all to try and be back in blue. He knows now, too late, that the NYG is where he belongs... At the very least, he might have a chance to beat out Da'Rel Scott if he REALLY works at it.

Weygand
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Jacobs is screwed now. The only reason the 9ers signed him was to keep him from resigning with the Giants; otherwise there is no way they envisioned Jacobs getting more than 5 carries per game with Gore and the pre-injury Kendall Hunter established on the depth chart and LaMichael James coming in.

The NFL is a business and unfortunately Jacobs is on the business end of this deal.

titwio
12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I'd take Jacobs over Lumpkin and Torain any day...and I was one of the guys who was excited to see him go this offseason.

GameTime
12-11-2012, 02:32 PM
if he is able to be had they should take him. But a suspended player is still part of the team I would think

Dwinsballgames
12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
if he is able to be had they should take him. But a suspended player is still part of the team I would think

Yup

thomsoad
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Bingo...Brandon has no one to blame but himself here. He got greedy and is learning the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

You think he wulda talked to David Carr before all this too.

Hall of Fame
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
How about when the entire first page was fibula threads and the mods just gave up?
I was laughing hysterical. Omg too funny!

Toadofsteel
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
You think he wulda talked to David Carr before all this too.

Carr played for Singletary, he wouldn't have any info on how Harbaugh would have treated him...

harrycarson
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
He still belongs to the niners till year end......they are being *****s...they should just release him so he can sign with us and he can punish them in the playoffs

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I would say he's more a victim of not being a phenomenal running back.

He wasn't suspended for his lack of running ability.

BeatYale
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I feel bad for the big fella, but it was a really odd decision for him to sign with them to begin with considering the depth they had at RB.

egyptian420
12-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Loved that man, his emotional speeches fired up everyone before and during the games. And he also had some pretty good runs last year when the o line started giving a crap. Not sure if he'd ever be back here but I know that he still has something left in the tank, even if he had a 3rd down back role.

the-wild-healer
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I never understood why the 9ers never gave him any carries. He is good at what he does. That being said, he is a loud mouth doofus.