PDA

View Full Version : I pray it doesn't come down to the Eagles game

TroyArcher
12-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I can only take so much stress a year. The thought of the Eagles knocking us out of the playoffs in Giants stadium in game 16 is just too much. The Eagles suck but they somehow manage find ways to beat the Giants. I went to the Cowboys game last year and while nervous I was confident. Please Giants, put this away the next Two weeks. A nice Christmas present.

Hall of Fame
12-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I can only take so much stress a year. The thought of the Eagles knocking us out of the playoffs in Giants stadium in game 16 is just too much. The Eagles suck but they somehow manage find ways to beat the Giants. I went to the Cowboys game last year and while nervous I was confident. Please Giants, put this away the next Two weeks. A nice Christmas present.
It just may happen! They can't take their foot off the gas, full speed ahead.

Cloud57
12-10-2012, 08:39 PM
If it comes down to that, those filthy eagles will play hard just to knock us out of the playoffs.

alentown pa
12-10-2012, 08:40 PM
id love that..I pray we dont need help from others in the last week..if it comes down to us beating philly, I'll take it.

Buddy333
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
It could happen and they own the Giants.

ashleymarie
12-10-2012, 08:45 PM
If it comes down to that, those filthy eagles will play hard just to knock us out of the playoffs.

They will certainly try. We KNOW that. It's been said that Philly owns us. We have to prove them incorrect.

ebick
12-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I said prett much th same thing in another thread. I have seen too man heartbreaks at the hands of those hosers

Giantterp
12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Pretty much have to win 2 out of three so unless they win the next two there's a pretty good chance it will come down to that game.

AllHailEli
12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I thought after winning the Super Bowl, we would have figured out how to close out games against inferior opponents....but it's like a bad habit that is so hard to kick. I was thinking we'd be cruising this season and we'd be unstoppable and start a dynasty. Now we're hanging on a one-game lead, and hoping the Eagles will not spoil our playoffs hopes. Ugh!

Rudyy
12-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.. Vick AND McCoy could return soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109249/article/michael-vick-lesean-mccoy-pass-concussion-tests

gmen0820
12-10-2012, 09:12 PM
If a team with everything to lose, loses to a scrub team like the trashy Eagles, then we simpy don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Especially in our stadium.

egyptian420
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM
If a team with everything to lose, loses to a scrub team like the trashy Eagles, then we simpy don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Especially in our stadium.+1

GiantGremlin
12-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Let's worry about Atlanta first, the Giants could also just as easily be out of it when they get to the Philly game, and it would all be moot

joemorrisforprez
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM

I looked at that game in the preseason and was thinking exactly the same thing.

The Eagles are the Eagles....records don't matter.

ebick
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM
I looked at that game in the preseason and was thinking exactly the same thing.

The Eagles are the Eagles....records don't matter.

+1. Divisional games are different

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
It WILL come down to the Eagles game. Even if the Giants win out, the skins will be right up their butt because the skins are definitely winning out. And there a few other 8-5 and 7-6 teams lurking out there.

joemorrisforprez
12-11-2012, 12:10 AM
It WILL come down to the Eagles game. Even if the Giants win out, the skins will be right up their butt because the skins are definitely winning out. And there a few other 8-5 and 7-6 teams lurking out there.

RG3 will likely be in a knee brace for at least a couple weeks, so that option offense is likely not going to be the same.

Captain Chaos
12-11-2012, 04:33 AM
I think it could be more than a possibility.....

nygfanmaybe
12-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Division leaders currently. North...GB...beat them. West...SF...beat them. East...Giants...they've beaten themselves a few times this year. South...Atlanta...? This game is huge.

GMan-67
12-11-2012, 06:10 AM
i can't see how it won't come down to that ... even if we win the next 2, there would probably still be a scenario or 2 that could have us out of the playoffs with a loss, especially considering it would be division plus conference loss

a couple years ago, we were 10-6 and missed the playoffs, but then again we've made it at 8-8 and 9-7 ... you just never know

ShakeandBake
12-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.. Vick AND McCoy could return soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109249/article/michael-vick-lesean-mccoy-pass-concussion-tests

I actually hope the dog killer plays, it the Eagles backups that usually kill us. McCoy is another story though.

Redeyejedi
12-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Right now I would take that means they have a shot to get in still. They at least split Atlanta Baltimore

gmen2009
12-11-2012, 06:49 AM
It could happen and they own the Giants.

they own spit, NY will punch them right in the mouth while clinching the division.

G-MENBK
12-11-2012, 07:00 AM

I think Reid said that he will ride out Foles for the rest of the season, and from what I get from the Eagles forum, Lurie is the one who made that call.

TroyArcher
12-11-2012, 09:40 AM

Especially in our stadium.

Agreed, but it would really sting.

dnotch121
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
If it comes down to that, those filthy eagles will play hard just to knock us out of the playoffs. hopefully they'll be playing for better position in the draft

Dwinsballgames
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
we're not losing twice to the dirty birds this year. You can bank on it.

Weygand
12-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Jinx much?

GameTime
12-11-2012, 02:33 PM

meh......**** the eagles.....without Vick and Jackson Babin.....we will kick their asses.......

Chazj1
12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Redskins definitely winning out may be an overstatement. RG3 will have to learn to stay in the pocket, eventually. The Redskins are playing a very dangerous game with his health with the pistol offense. Boy does he get hit alot.

dezzzR
12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
meh......**** the eagles.....without Vick and Jackson Babin.....we will kick their asses.......agreed

PRGiant
12-11-2012, 04:37 PM

Well, this is the first thread I agree with you!! Hehehe hopefully it doesn't come to that!

Eliscruzzz
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I have no fear of the Eagles week 17. They don't have Vick and the Giants eat stationary quarterbacks alive, especially against that offensive line. I'm not sure if Mccoy is even playing for the rest off the year along with D. Jackson. The Giants should win this game easily. Plus their defense has fallen way off with Todd Bowles as their DC.

jomo
12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Here's my take. There's virtually no chance that both the Cowboys and Redskins will be knocked out before the final week given the fact that we have a muchtougher schedule over the next 2 weeks. That means it will almost certainly come down the final game. At that point if we can't beat the Eagles, at home in a game of that importance, we don't belong in the playoffs. We will however crush the Eagles on the 30th.

Kruunch
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM

I think you need to resign yourself to the fact that the Giants need to win out due to our division record. At the very least 2 of our next 3 and the Eagles game will most likely be one of those two (notice my optimism ;) ).

keyofgmen
12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I've been playin around with "playoff machine" on ESPN and there are few scenarios where Philly game will mean anything. Giants could lose all 3 games and still make playoffs believe it or not. 2-1 and almost a lock. 1-2 and still could win division. Try it out..I'm sure I didn't do every possible scenario, but win 1 of next 2 and Giants are likely in playoffs. The division (unless we win all 3) will likely come down to Wash/Dallas game week 17.

moosedrool
12-11-2012, 07:10 PM
The Giants will have no problem with Foles. It's the RG3/Vick QB's that give them trouble. And Vick likely won't play.

gmen0820
12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Agreed, but it would really sting.To put it lightly

Cool Papa B.
12-11-2012, 07:35 PM
The Eagles may not have many of their key players, but if anyone thinks that game will be easy or a walk in the park is crazy.

The players have plenty of motivation. This is Reid's last game and they would like nothing more than to stick it to the Giants. This is their Super Bowl and they will be playing and coaching like it.

Also the players will be playing for a spot either under a new coach or for another team. That game would be their last chance at a good impression. Plus the players showed vs. Tampa that they have a lot of heart left.

I'm not looking ahead. My mind is on the Falcons right now and then the Ravens. But that game is going to be a battle. I just hope the Giants have it rapped up before then.

NYFG
12-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Hold on....What? As a Giants fan how could you not want a win and in scenario against the Eagles. This is what we live for!!! Where is the passion?

OrangeGiant
12-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Even before the Saints game, of the last 4 games we had left to play, that was the game I feared the most. I thought we'd beat the Saints and I think we will beat both the Falcons and the Ravens. It's the division games that are always the hardest and let's face it, the Eagles have our number, even when they don't have a good team. It's going to come down to winning that game for the Giants, you just know it, and crazy as it sounds I would rather the Giants be playing anyone else but those filthy Eagles.

Cool Papa B.
12-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Hold on....What? As a Giants fan how could you not want a win and in scenario against the Eagles. This is what we live for!!! Where is the passion?

A win vs. the Eagles?.....yes. A win and in scenario?.....as exciting as that sounds I'll pass. We had that last year vs. Dallas. And as the the first poster said having this 2 years in a row that's too much stress for me to take

NYFG
12-11-2012, 08:37 PM
A win vs. the Eagles?.....yes. A win and in scenario?.....as exciting as that sounds I'll pass. We had that last year vs. Dallas. And as the the first poster said having this 2 years in a row that's too much stress for me to take

I suppose a second superbowl win in 2 years will be too exciting too, may as well tell the team to pack it in then

Cool Papa B.
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
I suppose a second superbowl win in 2 years will be too exciting too, may as well tell the team to pack it in then

WHAT????? Those are two totally different scenario's, bro. Can't compare a win and in scenario vs. Philly to winning another Super Bowl.